[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck is battle tree so ass blastingly fucking hard!????

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

Why the fuck is battle tree so ass blastingly fucking hard!????

I've never been interested in IV's and EV's but this game has forced me into it, I max out my pokemon's the best I can and still I get shitted on in the battle tree.
I've played over 30 times in battle royale and never even cleared super rank..

Wtf is this? it's post game and this is still the hardest pokemon game I've ever played.
>>
>>30943042
learn what sets are good with your current pokemon

try to find a good team that covers eachothers weaknesses

tune each pokemons stats to fill in the role they're best at

for example: i use Golisopod, who is a tanky, priority spamming pokemon that does damage, then emergency exists for other pokemon in my team to clean up

it's base speed is total ass, so it pretty much needs priority moves to do stuff, so i gave it first impression, aqua jet and sucker punch

since it's best at tanking hits and dealing physical damage, i ev train it in HP and attack and i find a good nature that benefits attack

then, i find a pokemon that can cover its weaknesses

in my case, Tapu Koko seems to cover Golisopod somewhat well, but they also have a good synergy because I can weaken opponents with Golisopod then clean up with Tapu Koko because Tapu Koko has really speed and damage stats
>>
>>30943042

Battle Facilities are always difficult. The AI occasionally cheats, and even when it doesn't, it's much harder than in-game play because of the level cap and forced "set" mode. Fact is you've got to pay attention to EVs, held items, team composition, etc. in a way that you don't have to in the main game.
>>
>>30943042
>This game is way too easy
>This game is way too hard
Pokemon fans are the most difficult to please
>>
>>30943449
SM has one of the best difficulty balances between casuals and veterans, but it's hard to please everyone with a series like this
>>
>>30943042
>>30943190
Listen to what this guy says. Bring good mons that compliment each other, don't try to force your favorite shitmons since it's only gonna hurt you more.

I roll with Life Orb Hydreigon and Mega Metagross, who are a really good combo. Metagross deals with the fairies and ice types who give Hydreigon trouble, while Hydreigon is immune to Ground and resists Fire and Dark so it deals with Metagross's main troubles. Also, one is a physical and the other special attacker, so that covers those bases handily.

Toxapex rounds out the team by stalling anything they can't deal with easily, shutting down setup sweepers with Haze, and applying poison (Toxic) and burn (Scald) to weaken opposing walls.
>>
>>30943190
>>30943646
>>30943268

Alright, I'm gonna set up a new team all together, any suggestion of new attacks and pokemons, the only new one I have on my team is Mudsdale.
>>
What, it's your first postgame facility?
Literally nothing has changed since Emerald except for general power creep.
>>
>>30943719
>Mudsdale
Yeah no, Mudsdale may be bulky but it is way too slow and has shit coverage. Its ability is also useless against special sweepers. It's good for the main game but won't take you too far in the tree.
>>
>losing in a kid's game

How fucking embarrassing.
>>
>>30944432
>"kid's game"
>sits on /vp/
Are you retarded for real?
>>
>>30943042

It's really not.
>>
Run defensive/offensive synergy.

A stall tank, special sweeper and physical sweeper. Defensively, make sure their resistances can handle another's weakness, offensively make sure you've got a lot of coverage, especially to take care of the types that can defeat a given Pokemon's teammates.
>>
>>30943719

Honestly, go to Smogon and read their teambuilding for starters information.

Gotta help yourself when you can.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.