[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to play a Gen 1 game /vp/, but which should I play?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: uzzkzyzwf3evvbs8gguc.jpg (45KB, 636x212px) Image search: [Google]
uzzkzyzwf3evvbs8gguc.jpg
45KB, 636x212px
I want to play a Gen 1 game /vp/, but which should I play? Red, Blue, or Yellow?
>>
>>30941708
Blue, because you aren't forced to use Pikachu.
>>
>>30941708
Yellow. You get all starters. A cute pokemon following you and updated movesets for some.
>>
Yellow.

>increased difficulty
>all starters
>multiple colors
>>
>>30941708
I think any of them is a solid choice, but I personally like Red and Blue more. Yellow added some nice things like better battle sprites and color, but they also made some changes to make it more like the Ashnime and I'm not a fan of that.
>>
>>30941869
Too bad faggot.

You faggot.
>>
>>30941708
There's no reason why anyone should choose to play gen 1 over FR/LG.

I wouldn't recommend anyone play gen 1, so I say Leaf Green.
>>
>>30941884
Enjoy your neutered Gym leaders, yellowbaby.
>>
Which one would be best for transferring stuff after bank updates?
>>
>>30941919
They wasn't. Enjoy cheating with rare casies and etc. Casual scum.

Yellow=best games with gs.
>>
>>30941708
Blue has the better Bug and Grass/Poison
>>
>>30941708
Blue for best exclusives and glitches. Yellow if you want a tiny bit of extra """story""". All starters is lame because you're dumb if you don't box your starter anyway.
>>
>>30941708
Green
>>
>>30941770
You aren't forced to use Pikachu in Yellow.
>>
>>30942039
Nice meme
>>
>>30941947
They "was", though.

>Surge only has that one Raichu
>Sabrina has a fucking Abra with no attacks instead of Venomoth and Mr Mime
>Erika's pokemon are unevolved
>Koga has nothing but fucking Venonats and a Venomoth
Slightly higher levels don't make up for this.
>>
>>30941770
You can put Pikachu in the Box in Yellow you dunce.
>>
>>30942091
Several of them were actually buffed, though. Well, Blaine and Giovanni were, at least. Not just higher levels but mostly better movesets.
>>
>>30941945
Probably Red and Blue. Since any pokemon is easy to get from the GTS, I'd think the only real perk to doing this aside from emotional attachment would be TM moves that can't be obtained anymore. And R/B have that duping glitch, which means you can get however many uses of those TMs as you want.
>>
>>30942119
I've never not got a Nidoraking or Nidoqueen, who are probably closer to your actual starter than the 'I won't evolve' Pikachu.
>>
>>30941708
Blue has the best exclusives, but Yellow has better spritework and color. Part of RB's charm is those awful sprites though.
>>
>>30942019
>you're dumb if you don't box your starter anyway

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>30942250
Yeah, honestly, Yellow's graphics are slightly better, but they're all outdated. At least Red and Blue can surprise you with some early design weirdness, though.
>>
If you're replaying Gen 1, I'd say Blue because it has a better range. If you want a challenge and like better sprite work, play Yellow. Red is okay but Blue is better.

If you're wanting to play a kanto based game for the first time, play Fire Red or Leaf Green. They fix all the problems in terms of battling mechanics in the remakes, though it is progressively easier.
>>
>>30942091
Are you not gonna talk about Blue's fights? Literally the easiest champ besides Diantha.
>had two pokemon remaining in my most recent playthrough, out of healing items and revives
>had multiple soft resets against Lance
>think I'm about to hit the shitter with Blue
>end up sweeping his ass somehow with Slowbro
>>
>>30943599
>Red is okay but Blue is better

In what way?
>>
>>30944282
Red has only two good exclusives (and it's an evolutionary line) and has Nidoran Male early. That's about it.
Blue has better exclusives that are good for the entire game. They're technically the same but Blue is just better.
>>
>>30944480
Which exclusives do you think are good/bad?
>>
>>30944643
Not him, but:
Ekans<Sandshrew
Oddish<Bellsprout
Mankey>Meowth
Growlithe=Vulpix
Electabuzz=Magmar
Scyther=Pinsir
>>
>>30944643
Well, it's because of the stats.
Meowth and Persian are good, they are fast and get Slash and can crit almost each time without slash. Ninetales' special stat, which is essentially SPDef and SPAtk in one stat, is stupidly high and can sweep tons of stuff. Same with Magmar and Pinsir (in attack at least). The other big thing is that Victreebell is okay.
>>30944969
Half right, Arcanine isn't as good in this gen, but Meowth still kicks Mankey's ass in and Magmar is better.
>>
>>30944969
>Scyther=Pinsir
kys
>>
>>30944969
>Ekans<Sandshrew
Kill yourself
>>
>>30945122
Ekans learns jackshit, sandshrew can immediately get to sweeping teams with the dig TM you get in the same area you catch them, random lv 30 dugtrio is much better but eh.
>>
>>30941708
None of those. Play Red++.
>>
>>30941708
Fire Red or Leaf Green.The original gen 1 games suck.
>>
>>30941708
Brown.
>>
>>30945247
>no infinite use TMs
that sucks. this rom hack looks pretty great regardless. I'll give it a shot tonight
>>
>>30941708
Yellow is obvious choice bro
>>
>>30941708
Play yellow and win against Brock using only Pikachu.
>>
Are you playing the game in a region other than japanese?
If so, then it's shit.
Only Japanese version of Red / Green offers true challenge for Pokemon Master.
>>
>>30946357
Die Pokefag
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.