[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT 2 Truths and a Lie about early games >Body Slam can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0900.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0900.png
228KB, 394x370px
ITT 2 Truths and a Lie about early games

>Body Slam can't paralyze Tarous in gen 1
>If you catch Missigno, the battle continues and you can catch a Ditto
>If your max HP is at 255 you cannot use recover
>>
>There's a cookie under the truck
>>
It's M that continues the battle with Ditto.
>>
>>30940084
well shit you're right

I fucked that up
>>
Onix has the highest possible defense of any pokemon
>>
>Focus Energy lowers your crit chance instead of boosting it
>Ice isn't weak to Fire
>Grass isn't weak to Bug
>>
>>30940537
Was grass really not weak to bug?
>>
>>30940537
Oh Ice and Fire

I was very confused when I sent out Charizard against Lorelei
>>
>>30940020
The third one. It's "if [max HP]-[current HP] = 255"
>>30940537
again third one.
>>
>The original Present formula used Pokemon's internal ID to calculate damage
>You could evolve Pokemon like Growlithe by leveling it up and finishing the battle with one of the certain Pokemon
>The games display type effectiveness message based on the primary type
>>
>>30941061
first one

I've done the stone glitch a few times
>>
>>30941105
It's the third one, actually.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_glitches_in_Generation_I#Dual-type_damage_misinformation

The game loads a chart that seems to be the order they added in type interactions, but in reverse (so Dragon is at the very top)

Present was very fucked in Gold and Silver.
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Present_(move)
>>
>Smoochum can be breed to learn Ice ball but has no parent who can do so
>Odd egg in Crystal has a 14% chance of being shiny
>You can transfer moves through mimics and transform shenanigans permanently in gen 2
>>
>>30941144
Fug, I even though in my head I was thinking about Grass on Gyrados

But Jesus Christ why would they do that for present
>>
>>30941181
Fairly sure it's the first one.

Odd Egg was 50% in Japanese Crystal, and 14% in other versions.

Fairly sure the shenanigans involve Sketch, linked battles and/or something?
>>
>>30941204
Most likely a glitch.
>>
Vital Throw, Silver Wind, and Baton Pass all came from Gen 2, not Gen 3.
>>
>>30941232
Oh wait I think I messed up

It was that was supposed to be Lovely Kiss

The third one only takes place in gen 4
>>
>Psychic types are immune to ghost attacks
>Gyarados can learn an attack at level 10, but can't actually learn it because there's no way to get one at level 10 in gen 1
>Viridian Forest's grass is glitched and won't spawn Pokemon on certain tiles
>>
>>30941393
tiles in Viridan forest

I'm an ex speed runner
>>
>>30941393
>>Gyarados can learn an attack at level 10, but can't actually learn it because there's no way to get one at level 10 in gen 1
>>Viridian Forest's grass is glitche

That's the second one.
That's why psychic was broken behond limits in gen 1 and people use the viridian forest glitch in speedruns.
>>
>>30941393
Is it the first?
I remember something about the star-shaped grass tiles not giving any encounters, it was a Werster vid
>>
>There was a Move Tutor in Crystal postgame
>A bug disabled you from fighting Red more than one time in some copies of Japanese Gold and Silver
>There is a Lapras in the deepest level of Union Cave on Fridays only
>>
>>30941393
Second since first is infamously known as to cause to why Psychic was so broken in Gen 1 and the third is just the kind of glitch I would expect in a early Pokemon game
>>
>>30941476
It's the second. In gen 1, Lick was the only ghost attack that didn't do fixed damaged, and Psychic types were immune to it for god-only-knows what reason
>>
>a trainer in gen 1 alludes to Munna
>All roaming Pokémon in gen 3 have a max IV of 7 in attack
>Using Thunder/thunderbolt may freeze the game in gen 3
>>
>>30940944
Even if fire had been SE all of Lorelie's
guys were half water except Jynx anyway.
>>
>>30941447
Wait, I was just trying to say that was true for the Viridan flower tiles

If you're wondering that's only in the international release iirc

Ignore that post
>>
>>30941476
The reasoning is that tiles in gen 1 are made up of four smaller tiles. The Japanese version uses the bottom-left tile to determine what the rest of the tile is (for example, if there's grass in the bottom-left, it's a grass tile). The US version inexplicably changed it to the bottom-right, so every patch of grass in Viridian forest with a flower in the lower-right corner is seen as a non-grass tile.

This glitch is also why the Cinnebar coast glitch works. The Japanese versions don't consider those tiles to be water, so you can't encounter Pokemon there. The English versions do, so they get confused because the game doesn't know which Pokemon to spawn, so it just spawns something from the most recent data.
>>
>>30941563
There was a trainer like that in Gen 2, not Gen 1, so this one is a lie. I remember Gen 3 roamers were indeed fucked up. But what's that about Thunderbolt?
>>
>>30941636
>The Japanese version uses the bottom-left tile
>The US version inexplicably changed it to the bottom-right
Could it have something to do with Japanese being read right-to-left, to English's left-to-right? I wouldn't expect that to make a difference in coding, but...it is Game Freak that we're talking about.
>>
>Lickitung couldn't learn Lick in Gen 1
>There's a glitch in Gen 2 where you can get a Shiny Celebi, but could only be done in a Japanese version
>In gen 3, if you hacked a Mew or a Deoxys in FRLG, it wouldn't listen to you no matter what.
>>
>>30941701
1 is true. 2 I'm not sure, 3 is determined by a special bit. So by hacking very carefully OR simply by hacking yourself an Auroraticket / Old Sea Map (Emerald exclusive) it will always obey.
>>
File: 1482007262656.jpg (24KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
1482007262656.jpg
24KB, 600x512px
>>30940537
Only one of these is true though
>>
>>30941678
Well.... that's actually the same trainer in gen 1 and 2

Roamers in Emerald were fixed

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_glitches_in_Generation_III#Stuck_audio_freeze
>>
>>30941828
It's 2, the first one always baffled me and didn't knew that about the third one. I just used a code to get to Faraway Island in Emerald and got my Mew which I then transfered in Fire Red to see if it listened. Also, there is actually a way to get a Celebi Egg in Gen 2, but it's a really complicated glitch and it has to be in Crystal
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.