[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>playing shiny gold sigma >pick chicorita as my starter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: download.jpg (7KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 168x168px
>playing shiny gold sigma
>pick chicorita as my starter
>quickly remember chicorita was the worst starter for that gen

Alright guys let's have a discussion on the starters and rank them from best to worst in their gens for solo runs/speed runs {remakes as well) and after that let's see which starter is flavoutr the worst.

Gen One
Best Squirtle
Worst Bulbasaur

Gen Two
Best Totodile
Worst Chicorita

Gen Three
Best Mudkip
Worst Treeko

Gen Four
Best
Worst

Gen Five
Best
Worst

Gen Six
Best
Worst

Gen Seven
Best
Worst
>>
>>30939591
Bump
>>
>bulbasaur
he beats 3 gyms easily and resists 3 others, weak to only 2. Even then he can EQ Blaine and leechseed +recover through sabrina
>>
>>30940502
Also by the time you reach those 2 gyms you should already have a full team capable of covering bulbasaur's weaknesses.
>>
Git Gud OP, Meganium was my MVP of my last crystal playthrough.
>>
>>30940698
You can run the game with anything but it doesn't mean its the best choice.

>>30940502
His elite run is pretty shit.
>>
Best Fire types for all gens
>>
>>30939591
Worst is almost always grass. They rarely have much coverage and are bad against common things that you find in every fucking route, like birds, poison, and bugs. They do ok in gyms, but they're a hassle in-between. Rowlet seems ok, but I haven't really tried it yet.

Water is always the best. Very few weaknesses, very few types they're not effective against, and some games give you fairly early access to ice TMs for them, further reducing the situations they can't handle on their own. Plus, there's HM Surf in older gens and newer gens give you Scald very early.
>>
>>30939591
>Chikorita
>Worst
You just suck at the game desu
>>
>>30940502
>EQ Blaine even though you don't get EQ until AFTER you face Blaine
>a poison type beating Sabrina through stall of all things

Why are Bulbafags always so butthurt
>>
>>30941106
Best tends to run on the water side. Its a staple in speed runs.
Water is best.
>>
>>30940502
>leechseed +recover through sabrina
How did no one point out this bullshit.
>>
>>30941456
I think it might be possible in Gen 1 with Leech Seed + Toxic. I don't really know. It doesn't matter, though, since that guy's argument is basically "it's not the worst because it can win in the Gyms" even though they all can and much more easily than Bulbasaur. Hence why Bulbasaur is the worst starter in that gen.
>>
File: 1447487217657.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1447487217657.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>30939591
There's more than one way to play Pokemon, OP, I bet you're getting mad Chikorita can't 1 shot everything like Cyndaquil, huh?
It's supposed to be a support Pokemon who keeps the rest of your team from dying. Teach it Reflect, Synthesis and Poison Powder and watch it outlast literally everything. Chikorita literally shits on Miltank because of this.

I really hate this meme where people who don't play other RPGs think Chikorita is shit because they can't get away with mashing their strongest STAB move throughout the whole game.
>>
this thread is shit but this post >>30941769 takes the cake the faggot op is asking for a best to worst ranking based on solo and speed runs can you read you stupid god forsaken nigger? he gave you the criteria to rate them off and you just puke up random shit roflmao
>>
>>30941983
>mad as hell
>>30941769
>dumb as shit
>>30939591
Always play water types. Then fire. Never grass.
>>
>>30941769
The only thing you need to shit on Miltank is Sand Attack, which is easy enough to get at that point. The problem with pokemon that rely on stall tactics like the one you described is that they work fine in Gyms, but are a complete pain in the ass to level and not really worth it when either of the other two starters could just sweep the fight and still not be a pain in the ass the majority of the game.
>>
>>30941769
>shitorita outstalls miltank
JUST
>>
>>30939591
For playthroughs:

Gen 1
Best: Bulbasaur
Worst: Charmander

Gen 2:
Best: Cyndaquil
Worst: Chikorita (sadly)

Gen 3
Best: Mudkip
Worst: Treeko

Gen 4
Best: Turtwig
Worst: Piplup

Gen 5: BW
Best: Tepig
Worst: Snivy (it's shit without contrary)

BW2
Best: Oshawott
Worst: Snivy

Gen 6:
Best: Chespin (it's a tank ingame)
Worst: Fennekin

Gen 7:
Best: Litten
Worst: Rowlet
>>
>>30941423

Unova speedruns use Emboar.

Grass is almost always the worst, sadly.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.