[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the next generations to come, 90% of all the pokémon will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 1480429782456.png (334KB, 680x367px) Image search: [Google]
1480429782456.png
334KB, 680x367px
In the next generations to come, 90% of all the pokémon will be revealed before the games are actually released. The total number of new pokémon will also never be higher than 80.

How does this make you feel, /vp/?
>>
Not surprised. Sugimori literally said around XY that they will not exceed 100 mons per gen after Unovas 150+
>>
>>30939131
Fine. I don't want another Gen 2 where a whole bunch of Pokemon are forgettable. They've got the right idea now with making fewer Pokemon but giving them their own unique gimmicks.
>>
It's a shit idea and I hope they give up on it. I don't want more games where I barely see the new Pokémon and the dex is bloated with old ones. XY was bad enough about it, and then SM was even worse. Megas and Alolan forms or whatever they come up with don't work as a substitute for completely new designs.
I want them to go back and look at how they did BW2, because it struck a great balance between old and new. Plenty of new Pokémon, and old Pokémon were present, but they didn't overshadow the new Pokémon, they supplemented them.
>>
>>30939131
Quite indifferent. The total number of pokemon is reaching a thousand anyway, they might as well tone it down a bit.
>>
the number of new ones doesnt bother me as much as them revealing everything about the game way before it's even out

and it's harder to avoid pokemon news than other games because almost everywhere on the internet that shit's going to get posted

although in the end i guess it doesn't matter that much
>>
>>30939131
Literally could care less.

I like to spoil myself of what pokemon there are in a game before I play it.

What I have a problem with is the fact that pokemon designs are way more hit than miss ever since gen 5.
>>
>>30939131
>never higher than 80 new mons
Fine.

>90% will be revealed early
This is shit. I actively avoided the leaks and still feel like I knew every new Pokemon in the game before playing it. I miss that element of discovering the new mons as you play.
>>
File: Mewtwo used Psycho Cut.png (339KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Mewtwo used Psycho Cut.png
339KB, 640x480px
>>30939833
>retard tries to complain about newer Pokemon designs but accidentally compliments them all
>>
>>30939131
I didn't buy Sun/Moon and it looks like I won't be buying any new Pokemon games for years to come.
>>
Indifferent because we're fastly approaching 1000 Pokemon anyway which is insane in its own right. They have more than enough monsters at the moment to adapt to a number of locales and then they can pepper in the new ones. 60~100 is a fair balance IMO.

I wish they'd abandon their fucking design philosophy of discarding well received features though and ideas like gender differences, location & regional variants(cause we all know we arent getting anymore of those) and more formes. DexNav was great, following Pokemon was a shitty but very well received and fixable feature. I personally never cared for the Gimmick Frontier.
>>
>>30939131
>90% of all the pokémon will be revealed before the games are actually released
Who the fuck gives a shit?

You're gonna slingshot yourself on the first leak that comes when the game is near launch anyway. Hypocrites.
>>
>>30939947
Then why are you even here and not on /v/ ?
>>
As long as they keep doing what they did this gen, giving them signature moves/abilities, I actually prefer this.
>>
>>30939131
I'm fine with less than 80 new pokemon. The number of pokemon is so huge now that I'm surprised they can still fit them all in one game. By B/W, I was already starting to feel a bit worried that the number of pokemon may increase so much that they start leaving some of them out. Hell, I don't think I would mind if next gen only introduced the starters and the regional bird, fish, vermin, and legendary. Better that than making new monsters like crazy and then forgetting about them forever like Digimon.
>>
>>30939131
I think 80 is a respectable amount of new pokemon specially if they add regional variants and megas what I wished is for GF to stop revealing 90% of the new Pokemon before release
>>
>>30941212
Because this board is for anything Pokemon period, not just for recent Pokemon merchandise or only for shit you think is acceptable you fucking idiot.

Try actually using your brain next time before you ask stupid fucking questions.
>>
>>30939131
>90% of all the pokémon will be revealed before the games are actually released
Don't care since always I shut myself from all spoilers pretty early anyways
>The total number of new pokémon will also never be higher than 80.
Sad, but probably a necessary evil with the series becoming more and more bloated and no option for a "hard" reset.
>>
>>30939131
As long as they don't make nearly all of them less common than the old pokemon again, I'm fine with that.
New forms for older pokemon beefing up the 'new' count without adding actually new pokemon is also cool and I hope it continues.
Revealing them or not I'm indifferent about. It'll all be found out eventually, but I'd rather they be more obvious when something isn't obtainable until postgame like Type:Null next time.
>>
I don't really mind having a low number of new mons as long as they don't give them 1% and 5% encounter rates.
>>
>>30941405
If you're not planing on buying any of the future games, why even bother to lurk around here, just to shitpost about how Pokemon is dead and everything ? Cause that's how a /v/ poster sounds.
>>
>>30939833
>Literally could care less.
>could
>>
>>30939131
How is this a bad thing? After Gen 5, GF proved they weren't competent enough to give us 150+ mons with majority quality designs. I'd rather have 70-80 Pokémon where only a few are shit than 200 where half the dex is irredeemable garbage.
>>
>>30941998
>Quality over Quantity
>>
>>30941998
but we got less mons this gen and most of them are shit?
>>
This isn't actually true for Gen 7 despite how awfully close it is funny enough

>Almost 90% of all mons were revealed before release, but not 90%
>exactly 81 new Pokemon, just one above 80

OP's point still stands but it's really funny how what he said is almost true for Gen 7 but barely isn't.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.