[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Whimsicott used Taunt! >Had no effect on M-Tyranitar...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 62814_248Tyranitar_Mega_Dream.png (101KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
62814_248Tyranitar_Mega_Dream.png
101KB, 300x300px
>Whimsicott used Taunt!
>Had no effect on M-Tyranitar...
>M-Tyranitar used Dragon Dance!
You guys really need to take into consideration of how major the buff to Dark types this gen is. I lost a match in randbats solely because of this.
>>
>>30936385
wtf is that true ? I left the internet before sm release to avoid spoilers
>>
File: mega shrimp.png (48KB, 258x296px) Image search: [Google]
mega shrimp.png
48KB, 258x296px
Anon, if you're using a dark-type mega, Tyranitar is the worst one you could use.

Use the correct Dark mega and win games.
>>
>>30936440
I use M-Gyara as my main mega. The T-tar I faced was an opponent's.
>>
>>30936428
Yes. Dark-types are now inmune to Prankster-prio status moves.
>>
>>30936647
thanks ! that means people running thundurus or klefki as their mega gyarados check won't be able to do so, that's great
>>
megas were a mistake
>>
>>30936647
Its such a weird 'complicated ban' especially how its not really communicated ingame in any way.
>>
>>30936693
>that's great
it's not, fuck you
>>
>>30936647
I still think it's weird how they made them outright immune instead of just giving Prankster moves used against Dark-types neutral priority.
>>
>>30936385
Pokemon is getting too retarded with its exceptions.

It's one thing to not use an electric move on Lanturn. It's another to remember that dark types are immune to prankster (but not common priority), that Misty Terrain blocks status, that Electric Terrain blocks sleep, that Psychic Terrain blocks priority (all of them this time for some reason), that Scald will melt a frozen pokemon, that pokemon with Oblivious cant be Taunted, that...
>>
>>30936844
Literally only dark type immune to prankster doesn't make sense
>>
>>30936744
>t. butthurt whimsicott/sableye fag
>>
>>30936844
If you press the (+) sign on the bottom screen, and then press the (i) button next to abilities and whatnot, they tell you what they do.
>>
>>30936870
I know about the status screen. The point is that these "exceptions" are getting excessive.

Why not make Prankster have normal priority against dark types instead of the move completely failing? Why not make all fire and water moves melt a frozen user?

I know people love this, but I don't see the value of all this baggage. As a doubles player, I have a lot going on in my head and not enough time to double check every ability and move's "special properties".
>>
>>30936865
I think he's more talking about the fact that GF needs to decide if interactions should be 'game logical' or not. Like Scald vs Freeze, sure we know Scald is basically a Water-type Fire move but why does it work like that in regards to Burn and Freeze but not be SE against Ice or Grass types?
>>
>>30936844
People can memorize type matchups, movepools, coverage, and sets of every fully evolved Pokemon, and details regarding most moves in the game. All this extra shit is nothing on top of that.
>>
>>30936723
Megas have nothing to do with this thread whatsoever.
>>
>>30936844
I'm betting you work a fast food job if you think that's a lot to remember.
>>
File: 1473544403516.gif (458KB, 500x453px) Image search: [Google]
1473544403516.gif
458KB, 500x453px
>>30936868
>sableyefag
>when sableye also gets the buff, and 90% of people use the mega anyways, who doesn't get any mileage out of prankster anymore anyways
Sableyefags have worse stuff to worry about than this prankster nerf anon.
>>
>>30936868
i'm not even joking, the way GF handled buffs and nerfs is fucking retarded

They basically nerfed shit like t-wave's way of handling setups by lowering the accuracy and speed drops so that it could reward faggots who set up mindlessly instead of nerfing the actual chances of getting fully paralyzed
>>
>>30936647
I love how they indirectly buffed and nerfed M-Banette down the gutter in the same gen
>>
>>30937018
Well, I'm not those people. I'm starting to get overwhelmed with the excess of situational information.

>>30937081
I'm betting you don't even have a job.
>>
>>30937217

You're one of those people that play VGC for the money, aren't you? The ones that don't even play the story mode, just hop in and learn the basics of the current meta while ignoring 90% of the content/intricacies of the battle system.

You have no right to complain. Shut up.
>>
>>30936440
To be fair, you can't use Gyarados on a mono dark team. Dark has to be one of the base types. Your options for a Mega are Tyranitar, Houndoom, Absol, Sharpedo, and Sableye, if it's not banned.
>>
>>30936865
You can't hustle a hustler
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.