[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh, it's just the only game of the franchise no one bitches

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: 250px-Crystal_EN_boxart.png (131KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Crystal_EN_boxart.png
131KB, 250x249px
Oh, it's just the only game of the franchise no one bitches on.

Seriously tho, back then, Pokemon didn't have as many flaws as today because it kept things simple and fun.

For being exactly what it is, is Crystal the best game of the franchise?
Would you come back to it from time to time despite being on GBC?
>>
>>30929700
Shitty level curve
>>
>>30929700
>Oh, it's just the only game of the franchise no one bitches on.
Emerald
>>
>Oh, it's just the only game of the franchise no one bitches on.

Wrong. Plenty of people bitch about it.

>>30929737
This + half the areas gone from Kanto are the main complaints. still better than RS's postgame which wasn't fixed until Emerald though lol
>>
>>30929700
>Keep things simple
>Keep the franchise fresh

Pick one.
>>
Johto in general has a shitty level curve, and not in a way that makes it hard, but in a way that makes it too easy and stifles the satisfaction of watching your Pokemon grow. I don't really give a fuck though myself, Crystal is still one of my favorite entries.
>>
File: hoenn.png (592KB, 743x584px) Image search: [Google]
hoenn.png
592KB, 743x584px
>>30929756
This is wrong too. There is no game that people don't bitch about.
>>
>>30929756
Elemental type deciding damage type.
>>
Johto games are very simple. You want an evolution stone? You can't have it. You want Johto pokemon? You can't have them. You want to get to the elite four above level 40 without grinding? You can't. You want to get to Red without grinding and 15 levels below him? You can't either.

Very simple.
>>
>>30929868
>not being able to beat Red with a team in the late 50's in GSC
>>
Crystal was so bad to the point that people forgot it.

At least the Battle Facility was born from it
>>
I liked Silver more than Crystal. The animations took too long and Eusine was a fag.
>>
i liked crystal cause it let me play as a gril
>>
>>30929868
Johto not having stones was a very deliberate choice for encouraging trading in Gen 1 through the Link cable

And if you didn't do that you would see that your Eevee would evolve into 1 of 2 Pokémon new Pokémon showing off cross gen evos and happiness evos

It was done very deliberately

Realistically though that Eevee given to you was one of the most brilliant game design choices in the series

>next to day care (with ditto) encouraging breeding
>get it right after backwards comparability is instated advertising going back for stones or other things
>town with Happiness judge/Haircut brothers

Also Espeon and Umbreon are the perfect demonstrations of all of Gen 2's changes

>Day and Night system
>New evolutions
>Happiness for all Pokémon
>Special stat split
>New typing

Gen 2 was made very well asides from the level curve
>>
>>30929700
Barren Kanto
>>
>>30929837
but that wasn't exclusive to the game
>>
>>30929868
>>30930635
Crystal actually has Stones pretty easy to find because Game Freak realized how terrible of a decision it was. The encounter tables are greatly improved as well.
>>
>>30929700
>Johto mons being unavaliable for the most part
>all that shit left for the postgame
>Areas from Kanto removed
>Claire being a bitch (i know, better than bland but i still fucking hate her)
>Gym leader teams were a joke
>Team Rocket had a lot of build up for a joke fight
>To reach Red you need to waste a slot with Flash
>>
>>30930672
Yeah but it still sucked and was still a black mark on the game. Especially since they made certain pokemon stats be opposite to their movepool. If they had compensated for that and for example gave Absol special attack instead of Attack, it woulda been a lot less shitty of a situation.
>>
>try to catch a phanpy at the start of the game
>morning only (around 5am-10am)
>5% encuenter rate
>low catch rate
>high run rate (he dont stay more than two turns)
>>
>>30930740
I never understood why Dark was special and Ghost was physical before the split in Gen 4. Seems like it should have been the other way around. Every Dark move before Gen 4 was physical and half of the non-status Ghost moves were special.
>>
>>30930374
You are a girl
>>
The biggest mistake in my Pokemon life was playing Crystal on its own,

Seriously you miss out on like 70% of GSC without another Handheld w/RBy to trade with.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.