[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mimikyu is pretty much the most popular gen 7 Pokemon. Everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 6

File: 1472049535043.jpg (135KB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1472049535043.jpg
135KB, 675x1200px
Mimikyu is pretty much the most popular gen 7 Pokemon. Everyone loves Mimikyu!

But what did you think about it when you first saw it on this CoroCoro page? When you knew nothing about it. Personally, I hated it. It looked like a dumb Pokemon meant to appeal to emo kids, the ones who idolize Tim Burton and rawr means I love you in dinosaur etc etc. And then I loved it.

First impressions general I guess. I'm sure nobody thought Bewear was real when they first saw it.

If you weren't around for this, do not respond.
>>
I loved it, I've been wanting a sheet ghost forever. Before I read the translation I was hoping for Ghost/Normal but Ghost/Fairy is almost as good.
>>
>>30928252
>Wasting enough energy to HATE a Pokémon

Fucking autistic cunt you are.
>>
File: 1478433239156.png (48KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1478433239156.png
48KB, 300x300px
>>30928287
>sperging out over hyperbole
>>
Pokemon that I initially disliked that I've come around to liking or even loving:

Tapus
Bewear
Mudsdale
Popplio

I still fucking loathe Bruxish and Drampa though.
>>
>>30928252
>no alternate mimikyu costumes
Someone send a letter to Nintendon't.
>>
File: Mimikyuu.jpg (162KB, 1280x1040px) Image search: [Google]
Mimikyuu.jpg
162KB, 1280x1040px
>>30928252
First seeing it: Huh, ok. Oh, it's a ghost type? Cool.

I then I learned more about it, and I slowly started to really like it. And then I learned competitively speaking, it's a goddamn monster, and now I love it. I'm tearing apart the battle tree with one as I write this.
>>
Mimikyu genuinely creeped me out the first time I saw it, thought it looked like some creepy pasta shit. It's grown on me a bunch as time went on.
>>
I thought it was adorable, that it would really be nice that it had more skins than Pikachu, but that it would ultimately had shitty stats

What sold me was the music video and it ended being good on top.
>>
>>30928252
Looks cute and goofy. Expected it to be another jokemon and I was pleasanty surprised when that didn't turn out to be the case.
>>
>>30928252
I liked it on reveal then came to be meh about it. I wish the eye holes looked a little different, maybe less clean?

I wish it had an evo where it takes off or fuses with the cloak.
>>
>>30928252
loved it, but right now I don't really care for it. My interest has gone deep into the UBs, namely Nihilego, but also Buzzwole and Pheromosa. They're like a cute little alien family.
>>
It caught me by surprise, but I kind of liked it. Definitely a lot more than Bewear, which was revealed at the same time. I'm glad I gave Bewear a chance though, since it fucking wrecks.
>>
I liked it mildly but now I dislike it
>>
>>30928361
Try SEGA instead. They do what Nintendon't.
>>
>>30928252
I first saw the CoroCoro scans on Twitter and at a glance I thought that someone had poorly drawn a Pikachu in MS Paint over some real scans as an obvious joke.

I didn't have particularly strong opinions about it but I ended up using one on my in-game team after the Totem battle. Surprised they made it so decent, and disappointed that they wasted a spot in the roster on Togedemaru.
>>
>>30928252
I felt like I should feel like you did OP, but I couldn't bring myself not to love it.

I was really looking forward to either an evolution, or different disguise forms of it, but I guess just the one is okay.
>>
>>30928252
It didn't take long for me to like it.
Once I heard the background of this guy, I jumped on the Mimikyu Hype Cruise.
>>
You did it Mimikyu. Everyone loves you.
>>
File: 1479614483360.jpg (51KB, 966x827px) Image search: [Google]
1479614483360.jpg
51KB, 966x827px
>>30928252
>Mimikyu is pretty much the most popular gen 7 Pokemon. Everyone loves Mimikyu!
That's not fucking Pyukumuku you hack.

This fucker was MADE to be merchandised to hell and back. He's a marketing wet dream.
>>
>>30928252
I thought it was dumb when I just saw it, but when I heard it was like that because it wanted to be loved and hated Pikacu for that, I loved it ever since. I don't thnk any Pkemon has had such a unique backstory to it, and the way it was portrayed in the anime was hilarious.
>>
Really goes to show how we can never judge a Pokemon based on first impressions alone.

!
>>
>>30932277
Double dubs confirm. Where's my Sea Cucumber pillows, TPCi?
>>
>>30932277
As such as I wish this was true its not.
Golisopod, Mimikyu, and Pyukumuku are probably the most popular non-starters this gen though
>>
>>30928252
I loved it since reveal
>>
>>30930989
Just the one disguise on it makes all the more loveable. It dresses as Pikachu solely because Pikachu is the most popular, but if there were other disguises for lesser known Pokemon it'd kinda take away the purpose.
>>
File: 1330219504978.png (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1330219504978.png
72KB, 500x500px
>>30928350
>Hating Drampa
>>
>>30928252
Thought this and Bewear were the worst designs yet. They looked fake as shit.

I used a Bewear briefly on playthrough and don't mind Mimikyu since it's competitively viable.

I'm still mad over Palossand's existence and very happy that it's a shitmon after all.

Dhelmise is my favorite gen 7 mon, so no I don't hate all objectmon.
>>
>>30928350
I still loathe Mudsdale. Never really interested on using it, and its ability is the most obnoxious thing to run into when going through the story.
>>
>>30928410

Literally me famalam. I tought it looked wrong and I found it unnerving and it was uncomfortable to look at but now I just love the little thing.
>>
first impression was "wtf?"
never really bothered to think into it to form much of an opinion considering how many fake 'leaks' are out there though

probably my favorite from the region now though
>>
>>30932277
I am honestly shocked that none of the major characters in the sun/moon anime have a Pyukumuku. It's cute, it's the perfect size for someone like Lana to hold all the time, and those innard hands could be used for a million different gags.
>>
>>30932547
It would've been its perfect time to shine, but I think Rotom dex stole the spotlight from it. Can't have two wacky mons on the same adventure.
>>
>>30932547
It plays a pretty big role in the manga's first chapter, but casuals don't usually read Special.
>>
>>30932600
What is Wobbufet and Victrybell?
>>
>>30928252
Initial reaction was "Why the fuck does this Gen have two Pikaclones?"

After reading the description that came with it, I was wondering why we couldn't have had this as the Pikaclone with something else replacing Togedemaru.

Granted it's not Electric, but whatever.
>>
>>30928410
>>30932468
Pretty sure that was the intended reaction, tbdesu.
>>
desu I was disappointed with the actual gameplay revealing it was a fucking gimmick mon. Yes I know the design alone gives it away but I truly thought they were gonna have a ghost/eldritch pikachu line. There's no fucking way you cant tell me that mimikyu doesnt look like it evolves and I'd run the shit outta a ghost with a tattered raichu skin, but nope. just a single stage mon that copies pikachu cause it hates it. I forget GF likes to make their lore baby as fuck.
>>
>>30928252
Hated it now, hate it now.
Pointless second pikaclone for no fucking reason with le ebin sad cheesy backstory and stats/movepool to pander to genwun fags.
>>
>>30928252
It made me think of Tails Doll and when paired with Bewear I thought they were fake. I liked it from Day 1 and it's probably in my Top 10 of all SM designs, but its casualfag fanbase is quite annoying.
>>
>>30933957
>stats/movepool to pander to genwun fags
>BST shared with only Oricorio
>Only learns 4 Gen 1 moves from level up, two being fucking scratch and splash
Anon, do you just throw buzzwords around to sound cool?
>>
>>30928252

I honestly expected it to just be some sort of Halloween costume dress up gimmick and figured it was just a Pikachu underneath. I thought there might be a little thing added like grooming/playing with your Pokemon from Gen 6 and didnt think twice about it. Once I heard it was an actual Pokemon I excepted something like a Gen 7 Ditto ie it wore sheet versions of other Pokemon but as Ghosts types. Finally I found out the backstory and absolutely fell in love with the little Lovecraftian fucker in a sheet that just wants to be friends
>>
File: 1465289425530.png (139KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1465289425530.png
139KB, 400x400px
I dreamed yesterday that my Mimikyu came to rescue me.
>>
I wasn't sure I liked it and then my friend made me warm up to it and now I love the fucker.
>>
>>30928252
I IMMEDIATELY loved him and knew he'd have a place on my team some day. And then he turned out to be good, so bonus!
>>
Didn't like it at first. But when i learned about his emo background i loved it because its literally me like literally me. You cant tell thats not me.
>>
"Cool crayon ghost, much better than Togedewhateverthefuck."
>>
>>30928252
New ghost type so I was happy
>>
>>30932420
yeah weed grampa's design sucks
>>
Taught it looked silly and taght it was a joke Mon, then seeing it in motion, ade me think it was adorable. It being good in competitive is nice since most of my favourite mons aren't OU
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.