[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I catch a shiny? I've been trying since gen 3, no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: EwTHWr.jpg (13KB, 256x256px)
EwTHWr.jpg
13KB, 256x256px
How do I catch a shiny? I've been trying since gen 3, no luck. What's the secret? What strategy is most effective in sun/moon? Is it possible to even witness pic related? Please help
>>
>>30920105
Just Swap breed.
>>
Inject it ;^)
>>
>>30920105
Don't use repels

Use the Magikarp method if you want pic related, since you can't really chain Wimpods
>>
>>30920139
What does that mean. (If I knew I would do it)
>>
>>30920153
I never use repels.
Also, magikarp method?
>>
does gastro acid work on Wimpod?
>>
File: 1482154538534.png (698KB, 681x2766px) Image search: [Google]
1482154538534.png
698KB, 681x2766px
>>30920196
Swap breeding, breeding with dummy Magikarp, whatever you wanna call it
>>
I got a shiny wimpod without a shiny charm by the SR'ing my game. I guess I got lucky since I got it 4 days after I began hunting it.
SR'ing is just pressing L+R+Start+Select, and just pressing that whenever the pokemon isn't shiny.

You can also do Masuda Method too which i've done for starters/rare mons.

Looking/Hatching for shinies takes patience, a lot of it.
If you don't have the patience to get one then I don't think you'll be able to use any strategy people give you without giving up 2 hours later lol.

There's been shinies i've tried for days on, and I ended up getting it after putting in a couple hours every day.
>>
>>30920250
just get a pikachu/emolga/etc. and use thunder wave on it.
As long as you have a high level mon, it's extremely easy to catch.
>>
>>30920169
Breeding isn't random anymore. As soon as you put two mons in the day care, their IV spreads, gender, natures, and shinyness are predetermined. If you save before putting a pokemon into the day care and hatch 5 eggs then reset and put another mon in again, it will have the exact same gender, iv spread, nature, and ability to be shiny.
If you have the shiny charm and a foreign Ditto, save before putting a mon in the daycare (ideally a magikarp, since they hatch the fastest). Equip the ditto with the destiny knot and breed as many eggs as you want. If one turns out shiny, reset your game and put in the mon you want to be shiny. Remember the number of the egg that the shiny hatched from and collect until you get that egg.
>>
>>30920274
>>30920328
Thanks, I'm trying this
>>
>>30920363
And for genderless/male only/female only species, skip the first egg, take the second, skip the third, take the fourth, etc and ONLY count the ones you actually take.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.