[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Gen 7 has a grand total of TWENTY legendaries, which is a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 4

File: Akuma's Eyes Shit Itself.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Akuma's Eyes Shit Itself.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
>Gen 7 has a grand total of TWENTY legendaries, which is a 1/4th of the entire Alola mons
>this is somehow okay because almost half the legendaries are called "Ultra Beasts"

>meanwhile Gen 4 and Gen 5 usually get criticized for introducing too many legendaries

Explain.
>>
>>30917036
Ultra beasts are not legendaries.
Neither are Null/Silvally.
>>
B-but they're called ultra beasts, so they're not actually legendary pokemon!!!
>>
>>30917067

Then explain why they all get guaranteed 3IVs when you obtain them and that they're unbreedable?

Name 3 unbreedable pokemon that are not legendaries, babies, pokemon that are not Ditto or Special Editions of pokemon such as Ashinja As far as I see, Silvally and UBs are not babies, nor are special editions of existing pokemon, nor are special breeding mons like Ditto, so that just leaves one more option.
>>
I don't even know what legendaries means anymore.
Why is heatran a legendary? Legendaries can breed? Can evolve?
>>
>>30917105
So ditto is a legendary?
>>
>>30917067
>>30917105

And don't say Manaphy because yes, Manaphy can breed, but it can only do so with Ditto, and pops out a whole different pokemon.
>>
>>30917036
ultra beasts are even worse than legendaries since they have no background whatsoever and look like absolute shit
>>
>>30917036
no formally obligatory trio of same shits
>>
Because Gen 7 also introduced legendary prevos and there are multiples of the UBs and box legend, so now it feels like even making a distinction between legends and non-legends is being pedantic.
>>
>>30917036
standards change over time, the story significance of the Tapus and UBs, later actually felt good.

the Tapus have that theme with the oppressive tones, are referenced and revered throughout the story, and the UBs feel larger than life.

Gen 7 made many pokemon feel 'significant', anon, I actually really like how it was handled.
>>
>>30917105
Nidorina, Nidoqueen, Unown
>>
>>30917135

Instead, we have a quadri of sameshits and then literal dex filler shitmons disguised as legendaries

I'd much rather have Samefag: The Trio than two Pokemon that have worse offensive presence than Pyukyumyu and Wobbuffett combined.
>>
>>30917165
>feel significant
After beating the league and being forced to catch that tapu on mememe island I have yet to find any other I would even consider finding and UB are even worse, I caught up to buzzwole and kept trying them out in battle they were horrible why would I collect shitmons at the end of the game,
>>
Legenary mons are unique mons in an universe. and usually locked for their games.

UBs are going to be a Postgame Quest from now on. most likely well be allowed a set of UBs at the end of each new game
>>
>>30917189
to fill out the dex!
>>
>>30917189
you sound like an idiot
>>
>>30917178

Alright you got me there.

But starting with ORAS, all legendary and mythical pokemon are found with 3 Guaranteed IVs (while in XY it was all pokemon found in the Undiscovered egg group, if found in the wild/mystery gift). Null and UBs are caught with 3IVs.
>>
>>30917036
Who the fuck gives a shit?

They don't even have legendary BST.
>>
>>30917036
The Gen VII Legends save Mr. StarsBait all fit into the main story in very clear ways. Heatran and Cresselia were just sorta there in Gen IV, as were both the Genies and the Muskedeers in Gen V.
>>30917189
>Buzzwole
>Horrible
You might just suck. Nigga's been the anchor of my Battle Tree team. Only loses to Freeze hax and scarfed OHKO bullshit.
>>30917216
It's harder to think of Null/Silvally as Legendaries because an NPC uses them outside of a Battle Facility.
>>
>>30917036
Why the fuck do you care? More legendaries = more shit to do in the postgame. Stop being an autist.
>>
File: IMG_1102.jpg (43KB, 480x407px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1102.jpg
43KB, 480x407px
If Gen 7 kept the ultra beasts hidden until halfway through the story so they were actually a surprise I wouldnt have minded them. But since Gamefreak advertises their ugly asses everywhere I cant stand them.
>>
What I hate:

>People who always compare new things to previous generations. We can't have new 'patterns' until 3 or so games in apparently
>People who only count a new Pokemon design, typing, ability and moveset as a new Pokemon if it has a new Dex number, even though we're way past that stage now
>People who only care about raw numbers and not quality
>>
>>30917252
>It's harder to think of Null/Silvally as Legendaries because an NPC uses them outside of a Battle Facility
And also because they aren't very powerful and there aren't any myths about them. They're just a line of manmade Pokemon that got canceled in the prototype phase because they didn't work right.
>>
>>30917216
I think the guaranteed 3IV thing is more for convenience for pokemon that you'll only encounter once and can't breed, so you don't need to reset your whole game just for a chance at decent IVs in at least one stat.

Are there any other instances where non-legendaries can only be caught once in the whole game to look for a pattern?
>>
>>30917350
No, everything else is (eventually) breedable.
>>
>>30917036
>Multiples of them exist instead of just one, you can get mutliples in game
>Cant breed because they are from another world that was just discovered and shit, extremely unfamiliar not even ditto knows what this shit is much like unown
>3IVs are to save the pain since the number you get is still limited

That said UBs combined with legendaries shouldnt have taken up as much space.
>>
>>30917321
edgy
>>
>>30917036
What does it matter either way?
>>
Because people like to find things to bitch about.
>>
>>30917105
You only think that way because it's what you're used to, while yeah both were exclusive to legendaries, it was never stated officially that they were necessary qualities of a legendary. I believe a legendary really only needs to be called it, and while they do have share common traits depending on the tier (myth, legend), even legendaries themselves have broken the "rules" over the generations.

So a legendary really is only a legendary if the game states it is one. Which it's not, even battle tree doesn't see them as "special" or legendary pokemon. I mean, yeah, UBs are just essentially legendaries with a different brand name. But when you look at what we have thus far, there are some BIG factors that separate them. Crippling weaknesses that can only be salvaged with retarded high base stats, odd stat distributions or move lists, multiples to catch. Yes, they are strong, yes they have their own sidequest, yes they get 3 max IVs, etc etc etc. But not much separates them from being in general strong pokemon?

It sort of reminds me of FFXIII, where some cieth became ridiculously strong. There are still monsters, there are still gods, but these things were called the undying for being different in some way. If you used this formula for pokemon, it's that all legendary and UBs are pokemon, but not all pokemon are UBs and legendaries. In the same manner, pokemon (or a group of them) that are special in some way does not make them legendary. Buzzwole didn't form a world, or continents, Pheromosa didn't design the universe, none of them directly represent something like spirit, empathy etc like the trio in gen iv. They're simply weird ass strong pokemon with quirks.
>>
>>30917036
The Gen IV legendaries sucked.
>>
>>30917165
Agreed, most of the legendaries felt like an appropriate part of the story this time. The Tapus, UBs and box legend all had plenty of build up and it helps they're all pretty decent to use for things like battle tree.
>>
>>30917036
>UBs are legendaries
>there are multiples of every UB
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>30917350
Only gen 1, but that had more to do with no breeding
>>
>>30917515

>you can catch the Regis in every generation since their release

woah, what did he mean by this?
>>
Gen 3 made legendaries shit
>>
>>30917530
>Catching Regis
>In Alola
>>
>>30917530
Not quite the same as having multiples in one game.
>>
>>30917530
try again
>>
>>30917530
In gen IV only if you have an event Regigigas, right?
Latis, however, are catchable in every gen. RSE, HGSS, BW2, ORAS.
>>
>>30917178
>exceptions make the rule
>>
>>30917539

The next games will have catchable Regis, again.
>>
>>30917536
Worst taste in existence senpai, kill yourself
>>
>>30917036
Because they're actually incorporated into the story and aren't bullshit?

>LOL THREE MUSKETEERS
>>
>>30917067
What makes Mewtwo, Genesect and Magearna legendaries and Type:Null not one of them ?
>>
>>30917189
>shitmons
>>
>>30917600
Rotom's comment, dex background and code bracketing.
>>
>>30917600
You can use Type: Null in the battle tree
>>
>>30917036
how many god dang trios that no one likes where in gen 5 again?
>>
>>30917644
2 among legendaries, but there were also those elemental monkeys
>>
>>30917105
All gift pokemon are guaranteed 3 ivs you fucking faggot
>>
>>30917436
I agree with your post but legendaries don't need to "make" or "represent" things, or have myths/lore to be legendaries.

Latios and Latias are just random jet dragons, the birds are just super rare birds, etc.
>>
>>30917644
too many
>>
>>30917189
you're a retard if you think any of the tapus/UBs are shit(except for guzzlord, what a waste)
>>
>>30917067
>Ultra beasts are not legendaries
that's why you can't capture them.
>>
>>30917105
Explain the coloration of their pages in the Pokedex not matching Solgaleo/Lunala/Necrozma.
>>
Friendly reminder that Eevee fills 10% of the second islands dex
>>
The number of legendaries in a generation isn't a complaint I have about any gen. The quality of those legendaries, however, is.
>>
>>30920126

Sublegends To Legends/Mythicals
>>
>>30917036
I'm just really pissed that more than 1/4th of the dex is restricted to postgame

In a game with a really small dex, with bulldhit encounter systems and like a third the fully evolved dex also just being really shit
>>
>>30920177

Then you obviously haven't been playinig pokemon for a while.

A common complaint about Gen 4 and 5 was that "there are too many Legends, its making the term Legendary feel less special!" and that a common praise of Gen 6 was that they introduced very few Legends, with Xerneas/Yvetal/Zygarde being the only non-event legends.
>>
>Make 1/4th of new pokemon legendary
>Don't restrict the use of most of them

Why make them legendary them? For what purpose?
>>
File: IMG_9292.jpg (123KB, 477x358px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9292.jpg
123KB, 477x358px
>>30917036
Idk about these guys cuz I'm not about to read the thread, but Gen 7 gets a pass in my book because they handled the legendaries in a refreshing new way.

Gen 4 and 5 were lame because they just piled on more of the same old "strong epic dragons" and "protectors of the land and our hearts and the bonds of friendship" and that shit is fucking torturous, there's NOTHING worse you can fill my Pokédex with.

Gen 7 made ALL the legendaries interesting at the very least, with the Tapus having actual lore and roles to play, the Cosmog line breaking the norm by being central to the story without just showing up to ruin everything, the Ultra Beasts being wacky and totally unexpected, and Silvally completely doing his own thing.

Plus, and this is my inner Karenfag talking, none of them have over the top stats, which definitely helps make them feel like more of an actual part of the Pokédex.
>>
>>30920289
These are really good legendaries but the dex is so damn small

>none of them have over the top stats
Are you kidding me?
>>
File: 1300044776986.jpg (34KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1300044776986.jpg
34KB, 600x600px
>>30917067
Sure.
>>
>>30917036
Ultra beasts aren't legendaries, jack ass.
They are literally weird, very strong pokemon from a different dimension. I'd assume every pokemon from the Ultra Dimension-ULTRA DIMENSION!!-is strong.
Why can't you fucking comprehend that? Also, Silvally isn't legendary either, dumbfuck.
>>
>>30917189
>UB's
>shitmons
Go on Wifi now and tell me how many times did a Xurk or a Phero owned your ass. The only real shitmon in the UB's is Guzzlord. Calling Phero a shitmon is like saying Deoxys nomal is a shitmon.
>>
>>30917216
>Alright you got me there
Then this conversation is over. Have a nice day, fucko.
>>
>>30917388
This, you dumb idiots ITT.
Ultra Beasts are naturally powerful.
We have to assume their are multiple UBs of the same kind as we saw multiple Nihilegos.
That's why it's called the Ultra Dimension.
They are not legendaries.
>>
>>30920289
>Gen 7 made ALL the legendaries interesting

With Tapu being the only relevant Tapu in the story? The rest of them were handled the same exact way that other past legends were handeled.

Box Legends starting with Gen 3 have always central to the plot, its just that this time, the main villain didn't want anything to do with the Box Legend this time around. You're still forced to catch it and bend over backwards for it.

I can somewhat give you the Ultra Beasts, but they just shoved them to postgame, liek they do with most other legends. They made a big deal about Pokemon from another alternate dimensions, and through he main story, you encounter one of them a grand total of one time, and another is simply shown in a cutscene. Not to mention when Lusamine unleases UBs on the world, it's completely ignored outside of the mentioned cutscence that went nowhere. Instead its just, "lol lets make a league while these unknown pokemon are terrorizing our world!"

And then we have Null/Silvally, who are suppose to be "Beast Killers" did a whole lotta nothing and all their stuff was explained through exposition. They could have done something like putting a interesting subplot of artifical pokemon, making references to Mewtwo, Genesect and Porygon and speak about the morality of it all, but they instead Gladion is unimportant to the plot, and they shove your own Null to postgame cause why not.
>>
>>30920346
They really don't. Except what, Necrozma? Xurkitree having insane Sp. Atk hardly counts coming off a gen with Mega Ray and all that crazy shit.

Though I admit I haven't looked at Perfect Zygarde or Marshadow at all.
>>
>>30917553
Anything in the unbreedable egg group gets 3 IVs

They're not 'exceptions'
>>
>>30920549
Yeah, see? I agree with EVERYTHING you just said and it's all STILL better than anything we've gotten in years just because they tried something different.

You can't honestly tell me you'd rather have preferred some more dormant Dragons waiting to be awakened so that some mentally unstable retard can fuck the world sideways for the flimsiest reason yet?
>>
>>30920604
These things have been Min-Maxed to Hell with abilities that a moxie boost on their strongest stat
>>
This is pokemon fanbase
>>
>>30920666
>because they tried something different.
Are you even reading what he wrote?
He said gen 7 did exaclty the same things as other gens, which is true.
And
>some mentally unstable retard can fuck the world sideways for the flimsiest reason yet?
That's just Lusamine.
>>
>>30917036
I'm not okay with this either.
Why don't they just make all new Pokemon legendaries?
Just make them all pointy big transformers or gigantic dragons. Just have the next gen be a Pokedex of digimon.
That'll appease all the idiots who buy this garbage.
>>
>>30917536
>regis
>deoxys
>weather trio
>jirachi
>shit

rancid taste
>>
>>30917436
Legendary pokémon like the birds, the regis, etc. can be used in battle facilities like Battle Tree, the only ones you can't use are usually the cover legendaries and mythicals. Your argument is invalid.
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.