[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: little things you enjoyed that got Gamefreaked. Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 15

File: IMG_9434.jpg (704KB, 2513x1885px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9434.jpg
704KB, 2513x1885px
ITT: little things you enjoyed that got Gamefreaked.
Pokemon getting fuckhuge gains when EV trained in previous gens was pretty cool.
>>
I loved that too. The new way is more convenient but that was a lot of fun.
>>
Being able to save outfits.
>>
Being able to get molested by a hiker while riding a ferris wheel
>>
>>30908469

That was cool, but mechanically it's a lot better for it to update after each battle, not just at level ups.
>>
>>30908559
True, but it is still immensely satisfying to see dem gainz after levelling up.
>>
>>30908469
Browsing battle videos. You could search for a pokemon and format, and get a list of all battle videos uploaded that meets your parameters.

It got Game Freaked and now we just have the basic "insert code to watch".
>>
File: IMG_9367.jpg (56KB, 1024x614px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9367.jpg
56KB, 1024x614px
Also this and things like N's Pokemon's sparkles
>>
>>30908555
I miss that to...
>>
>>30908469
Uhh nigger, that still happens

Just chained Wishiwashi to try to get a shiny and my Lv. 62 Marowak just gained 25 in HP after leveling up
>>
>>30910096
That's because it's a chain rather than many single battles
>>
>>30909015
The new shiny animation is so bad. A big gaudy cartoon star appears over the Pokémon. I hate it.
>>
>>30910188
Doesn't disprove the fact that it's still a thing
My point stands
>>
>>30908799
Someone please say that they miss this, too.
>>
>>30909015
Wait, N's Pokemon still sparkle after gen 5?
>>
>>30910358
It's the movie star entrance effect, I don't know why they did that.
>>
File: 1434565878172.png (5KB, 274x242px) Image search: [Google]
1434565878172.png
5KB, 274x242px
>>30908469
If two trainers saw you at the same time you had a double battle

You can remove the grass with cut

If you headbutt a tree at nigth , some times the pokemon that appears is sleeping
>>
>>30911739
Its so jarring playing games and trying to get multiple people to see you and it meaning nothing.
>>
File: IMG_0900.png (228KB, 394x370px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0900.png
228KB, 394x370px
The Safari Zone in it's entirety
>>
The Judge button in PC
>>
X closing all menus
>>
I was so disappointed that you couldn't walk behind gym leaders to initiate the battle in XY.

As a kid I always did that to pretend I was the leader being challenged. Pretty dumb, but it was always a habit
>>
Accessing the menu with Start.
>>
>>30911739
In the day you could get a sleeping Hoothoot.
>>
I miss the vs seeker to this day
>>
>>30915168
Closing all menus with X.
>>
>>30915121
Don't jinx it man.
>>
Triples, Rotation, and Inverse. Everything else is insignificant.

>>30911607
No, that happens in ORAS if your Pokemon has been in Contests or something. Like movie stars in BW2.
>>
>>30915345
Triples and Rotation can fuck off, but Inverse is mentioned every-fucking-where in the Plaza. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the set of Rules we get in the future is Inverse battles.
>>
>>30915345
Triples: fuck 'em
Rotation: Underrated
Inverse: Never tried or just forgot about it. Heard good things and it's mentioned a few times in the plaza.
>>
>>30915370
Why are you so mad about an optional battle format?
>>
>>30915370
>Rotation can fuck off

NO YOU FUCK OFF

Rotation allowed for strategies not seen in either singles or doubles. Triple battles were too similar to matter
>>
>>30915138
Under-appreciated post. The number of times I've reflexively gone to press X to get out of menus / the pc only to be taken deeper into menu territory is insane. They could have mapped that function onto any of the remaining useless buttons in menus, but nooooo. Fucking GF.
>>
>>30908469
Being able to use moves like Fly, Dig and Sweet Scent out of battle.
Also, Soaring and Secret Bases. Those were my two favourite things about ORAS and I'm super sad to see them gone forever.
>>
Running shoes being an on/off touch screen button.
>>
>>30915701
THIS. I can't believe that after all these years they still haven't brought this feature back.

Why the fuck would I want to be play the whole game with my finger on (B)? What possible reason could they have for not implementing this?
>>
>>30915701
I almost forgot that was a feature, wow.
>>
>>30915714
honestly I'm so used to it I still ended up pressing B in HGSS
>>
>>30915714
to make your 3ds wear out faster
>>
>>30915753
It was such a simple tool and it saves on such an otherwise unnecessary hassle (small though it may be). I'm not a programmer, but surely something like that isn't a complicated thing to squeeze into games of this magnitude.
>>
>>30915761
Not usually so cynical, but damn if I don't believe that at this point. My latest 3ds didn't even come with a charger, so who knows what they'd do to drive up console sales these days.
>>
>>30915778

just play pokermon ranger and you'll see how far they take it. nearly broke my first ds touch screen
>>
>>30908469
Having the menu on the bottom screen like in HGSS. Now I have to put up with a shitty map that blinks. They should have made it so you could have several apps on rotom including the menu, a map, and a few other things like DPP's poketch.
>>
>>30915370
kys

>>30915701
This is especially annoying with how our "bike" is no longer automatic either.
>>
File: bruh.png (4KB, 92x115px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.png
4KB, 92x115px
>>30908469
Trainer's popping up mid-battle to throw shade at you

That final fight with N was so good because he kept rearing his head to insult you every other turn
>>
>>30915793
Pokémon Ranger nothing, Pokémon Dash absolutely fucking destroyed my original DS. Even magazine reviews at the time were baffled as to how it was seemingly designed to break your console's touch screen.
>>
>>30915793
>Pokémon Ranger
>Challenging
>Ranger 2
>Change consecutive rings to health bear wear em downs for casuals

I'll never forgive them for this

The Legendary dogs fight was genuinely one of the hardest fucking things I've ever beaten in a game
>>
>>30916065
>trying to catch Mew in Pokemon Ranger postgame

christ that was some shit.
>>
>>30915982
Oh shit, I just realized it's gone.
>>
>>30911570
>>30908799
I remember many nights being too tired to play but woke enough to watch random battles. I remember finding some stupid shit like some dudes having a rotation battle and only using Smreagles with metronome.
>>
>>30916250
It's even worse in SM, where they now have the Trainer models right there to utilize for that.
>>
The music that kicked in when you were down to a gym leader/E4's last pogie. I can sort of forgive SM, but why the fuck did they remove it in gen 6?
>>
Gym specific songs like in black 2
X closes all
rotation battles
>>
A useful lower screen.
>>
rip game corner :(
>>
>>30916324
DPP's touch screen features were fucking amazing.
The one for checking what's in the daycare, the one for tracking roaming legendaries, the one for checking weaknesses and strengths of any 2 type combinations and the one for counting your pokeradar chain come to mind as excellent features on their own that would make for suggestions in this thread.
>>
The ability to waste all of my money playing slot machines
>>
Hall of Fame.
>>
File: IMG_2884.png (28KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2884.png
28KB, 512x384px
>>30916353
Especially this one. This is the only game corner I go back to and still play just for fun.
>>
>>30916546
When i was a kid i just watched the slots and stopped them intentionally setting up 777's, it worked like once every 10 or so times but when i tried to do it recently with the VC re releases i just couldn't do it anymore.
Maybe i'm too old and large now so my hands have more input lag or the 3DS does, i dunno.
>>
File: BURNS.png (321KB, 480x650px) Image search: [Google]
BURNS.png
321KB, 480x650px
>>30908469
>new epic forme of old pokemon gets leaked in corocoro
>game is launched months later
>it's fucking only available in battle
>ewww

end me now
>>
File: 150px-Red_on_bike.png (56KB, 150x211px) Image search: [Google]
150px-Red_on_bike.png
56KB, 150x211px
Why does ride Tauros even exist? The giant rocks feel more like a slight annoyance now that HMs are gone, plus I'd rather have the bike again so I wouldn't have to hold B for maximum speed or having to worry about the "there's not enough space to call Tauros" message.
>>
>>30915138
THIS, I keep trying to do it
>>
>>30915200
this, especially in sm where there's nowhere to grind
>>
>>30908799
I miss this so much
>>
Npcs have a special theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4jUf9-MFZA
>>
>>30915701
Or HGSS' touch menu for that mattet
>>
Dowsing machine not slowing you down to a crawl.
>>
The Poketch. Customizing your character's bedroom in GSC.
>>
PSS and the ability to write down your own messages instead of presets. I was hoping they would continue improving in-game communication but it looks like that was dropped entirely. Festival Plaza just baffles me, who at Game Freak thought that was an improvement in any way over PSS?
>>
>>30916559
I'm glad that shit is gone.
That was the worst minigame yet.
>>
>>30916559
A lot of people complained about voltorb flip, but I thought it was alright.
They put it in because slot machines and gambling and oversensitive westerners and shit like that (though I never heard of any parents flipping their shit over it) but I didn't much mind because, really, who actually played the slots.
I've got a million pokebucks to buy coins with, fuck the rng slots.
Voltorb flip was far more enjoyable and engaging.
>>
>>30918370
Having to hold B for Tauros is definitely one of my biggest gripes in this game, it completely fucks over trying to multitask while breeding in this game. Sometimes I just end of using Herdier instead since it has a better walking speed without pressing B.
>>
>>30916324
Rip pokenav plus
PSS
and C gear

As long as we don't get shit like DPPt again.
>>
>>30918970
It was a far better alternative to the bullshit they pulled with the European version of Platinum, where they just gutted the Game Corner without any alternative. I wonder if EU law is what caused GF to drop the Game Corner entirely.
>>
File: 1479138179143.gif (19KB, 400x528px) Image search: [Google]
1479138179143.gif
19KB, 400x528px
no one ever talks about this but the stickers you put on pokeballs to change the animation was lit.
>>
>>30919010
Probably. Especially since GF doesn't want their games to be different across the regions.
>>
>>30908469
The FRLG "In the previous episode this happened" thingy, really useful if you come back after a long time and don't remember what you did last time.
>>
>>30919026
It was kind of annoying after a while honestly.
>>
>>30919043
I really liked it for some reason, you can skip everything by pressing B once
>>
>>30919010
Apparently PEGI will rate any game with any form of simulated gambling 12+ or more.
>>
>>30917071
So, mega evolution?
>>
>>30919016
seals were good but it was a major hassle that you couldn't deposit a pokemon in the PC without removing the ball capsule.
>>
File: Peggy_Hill.png (59KB, 176x389px) Image search: [Google]
Peggy_Hill.png
59KB, 176x389px
>>30919062
damn her
>>
>>30908469
Everything on the bottom screen. Rotomdex is nice and is full of charm but the bottom screen has been more or less wasted potential compared to gen IV's poketch apps.

Super training was nice and all too, but why did the bottom screen always have to be strictly for 1-3 things that could easily have been placed in a building or sub-menu?
ORAS sorta fixed it a little but it came out cluttered as fuck instead of letting us seamlessly cycle through it like in gen IV.
>>
>>30919154
>compared to gen IV's poketch apps.
The poketch was wasted potential to begin with. Most of the apps were useless.
>>
>>30918370
>>30918976
Doge is as fast as the bicycle ever was
>>
>>30919026
This.
>when beating leaders and important characters
>"Took out X's Y with Z and won handily"
Pretty cool 2bh
>>
File: vVDtQ.gif (240KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
vVDtQ.gif
240KB, 256x192px
The sound that shiny pokemon did when sent out in gen IV / V, it was very satisfying
>>
>>30916324
I can't believe they thought constantly having a map there was fine just because it told annoying jokes sometimes.
>>
File: 1.hapu2.png (106KB, 248x228px) Image search: [Google]
1.hapu2.png
106KB, 248x228px
>>30908799
Fuck yeah, dude. I miss that, and the ability to save other people's battle videos. I got so hyped when they said we could save 100 of them, only to find that they meant OUR videos and that we couldn't even search them.
>>
>>30919321
Wow, N's and shiny look so good together.
>>
>>30918969
maybe you just sucked at it, anon. It was easy porygons for me
>>
>>30919198
It was nice QoL. I got way more enjoyment from having a little screen to draw on or having a view of my whole team on the screen than I ever did from Amie or PSS of shit.
>>
Walking using the motherfucking D-Pad.

WHAT THE FUCK GAMEFREAK?!
>>
>>30919559
I miss this too, but if it meant getting rid of Gen VI's grid movement I'm fine with it.
>>
Remember when Pokémon had differences based on gender?
>>
Minigames went the way of the dodo.
>>
File: 758Salazzle.png (126KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
758Salazzle.png
126KB, 400x400px
>>30919652
Yeah?
>>
>>30915697
You'll get your mediocre underground bases in a few years and take it.
>>
>>30916065
To be fair, trying to capture Rampardos and Drapion with the original Ranger's capture mechanics would be hell.
>>
File: BW_Prerelease_seasons_autumn.png (68KB, 252x189px) Image search: [Google]
BW_Prerelease_seasons_autumn.png
68KB, 252x189px
>>30908469
WHERE THE FUCK ARE SEASONS?

GODDAMNIT THEY HELPED SO MUCH WITH THE IMMERSION!

GEN 5 REMAKES CAN'T COME SOON ENOUGH! REEEEE!
>>
>>30919708
And regigigas would probably be impossible.
>>
>>30919662
Don't you like Pyukumuku chucking and Type effectiveness challenges, anon?
>>
>>30919652
Do they still include all the differences? I know there's the obvious ones like pikachu and wobuffet but a lot of them were really unnoticeable and inane like "male's teeth are slightly larger"
>>
>>30919150
i'll admit it anon. that made me giggle.
>>
>>30908469
Sitting. Everywhere. Like I know it's a very small feature but I loved being able to sit on every chair or at every bench in X and Y.
>>
>>30919559
Skating or sneaking. There is NO gimmick that takes advantage of the C-stick anymore and I have no idea why? Skating was faster than running and you could do a lot of tricks and dickery.

Sneaking made catching pokemon feel a lot more interesting and really gave you the vibe of catching pokemon by surprise.

S & M. Nothing. You just walk, no matter how much pressure you put on the stick.
>>
>>30919981
>Sneaking
Hell yeah.
>Skating
Hell no.
>>
>>30919816
Seasons were shit, though.

>Cycled monthly instead of trimonthly in an attempt to make season-locked content come and go faster for the player, so you get summer in February or winter in August, so immersive!
>But that's STILL a pointless gesture because nobody's going to be spending 4 goddamn months playing a Pokemon game (2 months and 2 days if you're really generous)
>Except for a few specific locations, the only differences between seasons were some instrument changes on routes and the grass and trees are slightly different shades of color
>As I mentioned before, season-locked content; want that item up on that ledge? Wait until winter to climb a snow pile, and then be disappointed when it's just a Super Potion, faggot
>Oh, but you can catch a reskin of a shitty deer Pokemon

Seasons were the one thing XY actually did right, having every corner of the region be themed to a different season, so that throughout your whole adventure, you're guaranteed to experience a full-fledged cycle beginning and ending at spring. And not only is there no time-locked content, but every area is allowed to go all-out with its seasonal theming both visually and in the gameplay sense, instead of playing it safe by only tweaking color palettes (e.g. the route after Laverre City being focused entirely around running through big vibrant piles of leaves, where as I don't see a single fallen leaf in your image).

I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>30919816
inb4 remakes don't have any of the good parts of gen5
>>
>>30919010
That's EXACTLY what happened.
>>
>>30919863
The only thing I care about when it comes to sitting is letting my character rest when I save and quit. Triggers the fuck out of me that I have to save while awkwardly standing in the corner of a building, or NEXT TO a chair in the cafe half of the Pokemon Center.
>>
>>30920036
I never really got the hate for skating but if people didn't like it, I'd still prefer they keep in sneaking.
>>
>>30920075
Yeah it was just like...a little immersion type thing. Something was so comfy about just sitting down. It's made everything feel more real. Like chairs and benches weren't window dressing and they were real things you could interact with.
>>
>>30920149
I was alright with skating when I first played Y, but when doing a replay of the game the month before SM came out, they were awful. You try to move yourself just a nudge and end up blasting full force across the ground and you can hardly stop. You can't get into any narrow pathway or door on skates without trying like 3 or 4 times to get in.
>>
>>30919827
Or: Male has a one-pixel spot on the ass.
>>
>>30915168
GF forgot the start/select menus exist. The ability icon to see what the effect is lines up perfectly with the unused start button. Instead you have to get the stylis if you don't want your greasy finger in your screen.
>>
>>30920222
True. I always just switched to d-pad for precision and mostly used skates in luei of running if I didn't feel like biking somewhere.
>>
>>30920045
>Except for a few specific locations, the only differences between seasons were some instrument changes on routes and the grass and trees are slightly different shades of color

just like real life
>>
>>30910358
I love it, I hated the stupid little sparkle
>>
I think the only thing I miss from the game corners is the music. Mashing A hoping to get coins was not really all that fun.
>>
>>30908799
Definitely this. That said, they probably realized the feature is redundant with YouTube and Twitch around...
>>
Useful lower screen
>>
File: 250px-Pokéathlon_logo.png (25KB, 250x213px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Pokéathlon_logo.png
25KB, 250x213px
I FUCKING WANT IT BACK
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.