[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this the most disappointing battle and theme in the serie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 289
Thread images: 26

File: zzzzz.gif (1MB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
zzzzz.gif
1MB, 540x304px
Is this the most disappointing battle and theme in the series?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dkK9r57BNk

>your final battle to become champion is against your professor!

No offense, but outside of fapping sessions, Kukui literally does not matter.

Was this battle supposed to feel grand?

Professors haven't been relevant since Oak.

Soiled what would've been a great game.

Even that pink haired brown boy would've been more exciting.

The theme sucks hard btw, easily the worst "champion" theme.
>>
Dog shit nigger tier taste, literally and unironically kill yourself.
>>
>>30904417
Would you have ever imagined in your entire life that there would one day be a Pokemon game where the professor was the champion?

Cause I sure didn't.
>>
File: 1480552090275.jpg (95KB, 913x1119px) Image search: [Google]
1480552090275.jpg
95KB, 913x1119px
I honestly thought that theme was fine
The real shit tier theme was the E4 theme
It just didn't feel like it matched right
Gen 5's was the last best E4 theme because the ones afterwards were just...ehh...
>>
would have rather fought the masked royal again to get my win back
>>
It reminded me of Colosseum for some reason
>>
>Kukui literally does not matter

He's basically your mentor throughout the game and is the only professor who doesn't just show up like 3 times then fucks off.

Kukui's a great final battle you faggot. The theme isn't too good but fits the feeling of you successfully getting to the top
>>
>>30904417
no it was fucking awesome

its the fucking pokemon theme, it doesn't get more endgame than that
>>
>>30904417
>Professors haven't been relevant since Oak

>They guy who gives you a pokemon and dex, then sends you in your merry way.

If anything professors haven't been relevant since the beginning
>>
>>30904417
It's more like the protag's Champion theme than it is Kukui's.
>>
>>30904437
Well, technically he wasn't the champion, he just wanted to battle you
>>
>>30904417
So this is what autism looks like... w-whoa!
>>
>>30904417
That theme imo not really bad, but:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIzPpIitRgs
This would be a better theme, because:
>One of the fan's favourite theme even before the game was released.
>It resembles the region itself.
>This theme still has a connection to Kukui since it is played when you introduce yourself. At the same time it could be a theme for every trainer in Alola.

I understand what you mean, but GF wanted to make the theme a little bit more "generic" for the protagonists.
Still kinda disappointing.
>>
It's literally a student vs the master fight and fucking rocks you autist
>>
>>30904436
People with shit taste are not allowed in my thread, kindly go back to Showderp.

>>30904437
It only would've worked with Oak.

>>30904450
I liked gen 6 and 7's elite 4 themes, but they did sound a lot less complete compared to gens 1-5.

>>30904451
Him showing up as Masked Royal would've been a little better, I guess. Too bad his ace had to be one of those terrible starters, though.

>>30904461
>mentor
What did he even teach the player about, other than how poorly constructed Battle Royale is?

>>30904453
Colosseum had good music and decent battles though.

>>30904462
>its the fucking pokemon theme, it doesn't get more lazy than that
true
>>
It's not a bad song but it is incredibly disappointing for a battle theme.
>>
>>30904547
>it only would've worked with Oak
explain
>>
>>30904547
Unironically consider suicide.
>>
>>30904547
If you're here on /vp/ for confirmation bias of your own shit taste you'll have to go elsewhere, say /v/.

Reminder that it's only your opinion, and literally nobody here gives a shit about it, so ha
>>
>>30904547
Here's your (you)
>>
>>30904547
>leitmotifs and a franchise using defining tracks from previous installments during pivotal moments is lazy.
You are possibly the most retarded person I've seen all day.
>>
I know this is a bait thread but fuck it ILL bite

The ending theme is so god tier you need to kill yourself OP

Hearing the Pokemon theme in the game as the champions song was so awesome has a long time Pokemon fan. I have never been happier with a final battle and theme in the series other than maybe Gary and Cynthia
>>
>>30904417
Yeah, I agree the music sucked and it was fucking lame the professor just stood there the entire time watching you so you obviously knew it was him. He doesn't even battle with the mask on WHAT WAS THE FUCKING POINT OF THAT DUMB SHIT ANYWAY??? Lastly, he becomes completely irrelevant post game. Only good thing about him was his team and it was still mediocre.
>>
>>30904417
>Switches the formula by having the Professor as your contender for the title of Champion
>Actual difficulty
>Theme from the trailers, bringing back memories of the pre release hype season
Why does the board consistently have shit taste
>>
Nah only disappointing respect is that he wasn't the masked royal
>>
The theme is great since it's the player's theme as Champion, not whoever you're fighting.

As for the fight itself, it was okay. Pretty easy like most of the game. The only really notable parts are if RNG decides Lycanroc uses Stealth Rock and you've got more than one Pokemon weak to Rock and his starter is the only real threat due to being probably several levels above your team if you aren't constantly using EXP Share or grinding. But honestly that's better than I can say about every fight that came before. SM's difficulty is incredibly overrated, it's no more so than ORAS.

>>30904453
It's the stretch from about 0:15 to 0:40. It's got that sort of orchestral wind-down I don't know any proper terms for because I don't know shit about music.
>>
>>30904642
Why would he want to reveal to you that he's the masked royal?
>>
>>30904417
You have god awful taste
>>
File: no.gif (997KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
997KB, 245x245px
>>30904611
>Reminder that it's only your opinion, and literally nobody here gives a shit about it, so ha
Explain all the replies then?

>>30904623
The Team Skull themes used previous defining tracks well, and ended up being great battle themes.

The Champion theme might as well have just been the original layered over a generic Christmas song.

>>30904667
>actual difficulty
troll harder

>>30904605
>>
File: dog.jpg (4KB, 210x200px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
4KB, 210x200px
>>30904417
How is it possible have taste this shitty.
>>
>>30904743
Gratz on the (you)s anon

People on this board are stupid enough to take your weak bait
>>
Oh, another contrarian thread. This is becoming dull.

Kukui was actually a good surprise and a very challenging battle.
>>
>>30904784
>>30904735
>>30904667
This
>>
>>30904794
>another contrarian thread
Only /vp/ defends Kukui's anti-climactic battle and theme.

>>30904789
>different opinions are bait, no one can possibly think differently from me
boohoo
>>
>>30904832
You're actually taking your time to reply to each post.

Do you live in a basement and have no friends or something? Are you fat?
>>
>>30904417
How is oak important?
Here's your (You)
>>
>>30904858
Or he just discuss something.

This is probably the dumbest insult you can give.
>>
>>30904832
>>30904832
>Kukui's anti-climactic battle
False his battle is awesome and Im glad they changed the forumula

>>30904832
>theme.
The theme is god tier, only a pleb wouldnt want to hear the Pokemon them ingame for the first time.

>>30904832
>>different opinions are bait, no one can possibly think differently from me
>boohoo

You are failing to take anyone elses points into consideration and have made no remarks or comparison to what a real champion and theme should have to be "good"

We are smart enough to see through your shitposting anon, Stop fooling yourself. You havent made an real arguments only shit opinions
>>
>>30904858
This thread has been up like 20 minutes.

There's literally nothing wrong with replying to people in a thread I make.

And nope, I live a happy life, I'm just bored and felt like discussing something on a Pokemon discussion board.
>>
File: 1447013666955.jpg (8KB, 127x123px) Image search: [Google]
1447013666955.jpg
8KB, 127x123px
>>30904743
>Explain all the replies then
Probably because a lot of people actually liked the battle/music and came here to tell you to fuck off.

I never understood this logic, people replying to you doesn't mean they care about you or your opinion, they care about telling you to kill yourself because let's face it, you probably should
>>
>>30904899
>You haven't made an real arguments
what solid arguments have you people given in defense of this boring battle theme?

Using the main theme in it? It's cliche, and it sounds too slow and cheery. Very anti-climactic on top of a boring "champion" choice.

Sorry, but I won't swallow everything GameFreak serves me with a smile.

I enjoyed Sun and Moon, but I won't pretend they did a good job at the end.

Sorry if it bothers you.
>>
>>30905001
This

>>30905020
No its actually not, its pretty damn awesome and fits perfect as the climax of the game.

Sorry if this makes you upset anon but you are in the wrong here.

The battle and theme are objectively one of the best in the series
>>
Theme is dog shit, otherwise it's great.
>>
>>30904596
I guess hes saying that since Oak is the most iconic professor it would make sense for him to become a champion? Maybe he's referring to the unused battle data of Oak in gen 1? Or potentially the fact that Oak was a champion in the Pokemon Special Manga? Either way shitty point.
>>
>>30905020
Not that anon but the part you've dropped the ball is thinking that an opinion on why a person likes music could be bad and therefore have an objective position.

An opinion is based on preference, not objectivity. Therefore an opinion cannot be good or bad because any argument you could make for it being so would only be based upon even more subjective things.

If you argue an opinion as being bad you can simply debunk their entire argument by saying it's their opinion and I disagree. It's the same problem modern 3rd wave feminists have when they claim something is "problematic". It's their opinion and nobody beyond their fellow feminists give a shit (The they only do because they hold the same views).
>>
>>30905020
>cheery and slow is bad for a ceremonial battle for a grand title

And by the way, cliche is cliche for a reason. It's fine that you don't like it, but don't expect others not to.
>>
>>30905020
Because the theme itself isn't really that bad?
And
>Using the main theme in it? It's cliche
They have used the main theme like 2 or 3 times. It's not cliche, just because they used the main theme of the franchise.

>and it sounds too slow and cheery
That's fuckin subjective. I like Dintha's theme though it's slow. Why does the champion's theme have to be fast and super serious.
Besides other champ's theme aren't very fast either.

>Very anti-climactic
It was just okay for me, but why is this anti-climatic?

>boring "champion" choice
Kay, Kukui isn't even the champion.
>>
Literally BEGGING the OP to have sex at least once in his life.
>>
>>30905055
>The battle and theme are objectively one of the best in the series
It's subjective as well.
>>
>>30904417
It just sounds like the RBY title music and Lance's theme.
>>
>>30905230
Diantha's theme had a good and distinct melody, unlike Kukui's.

>why is it anti-climatic
Anti-climactic because you could see it a mile away with how he's just standing in the middle of the Elite 4 room.

>isn't even the champion
I used quotations for a reason, and he plays the role of a champion.
>>
>>30905240
Not an argument, and I'm pretty sure I have sex more often than anyone defending Kukui being the end game battle.
>>
>>30905267
Really? Are you sure Lance/Red's theme has the same leitmotif as the main theme?
>>
>>30905299
Not that anon but on a related topic, how is the first champion decided? I don't think Kukui was the champion when you got there, he might have held a battle position when you would normally be fighting the champion but since the league was just finished is he technically the champion?
>>
>>30904417
You are literally shitting on YOUR fucking battle theme.

You are the champion, Anon.

It's you.
>>
>>30905299
>Diantha's theme had a good and distinct melody, unlike Kukui's.
>But what does it make the theme bad for you?

>Anti-climactic because you could see it a mile away with how he's just standing in the middle of the Elite 4 room.
K, I only meant the theme, but you are right.

>I used quotations for a reason, and he plays the role of a champion.
Sry, I kinda trolled.
However, it depends on the new Champion system. The theme belong to you. I would be weird, if we had to use his theme in post game.
Or do you want her each separate theme for every challenger character even for the young boy and and Dragon rocker?
>>
>>30905351
I'm that anon.
The term "champion" itself isn't really important in this case. He basically has every element what a champion needs. No woder many players are still confused.
>>
I love the champ theme in S&M but nothing will come close to the piano track that plays before you fight Cynthia.
>>
>>30905407
>implying I didn't turn off the game and shipped it back to Amazon the moment he sent out Primarina as his ace
>>
>>30904417
I liked it. I was expecting something light.

But I do think S/M's regular elite 4 battle is the best in the series.
>>
>>30905407
This,

Congratulations OP, YOU are the champion. You made it this far, you're the first.
You are the final boss.
You're the one important enough to have your theme be the main franchise theme.
>>
>Stealth Rock
>Whirlwind
>Whirlwind
>Whirlwind
>Whirlwind

Goddammit
>>
>>30904529
This would be pretty fitting for a Champion Hau in Stars or whatever. Give him all 3 starters, Komala, Crabominable, and A-Raichu with Raichu Z-Crystalm
>>
>>30905531
Well.

You and Red.
>>
>>30905569
>Champion Hau.
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.
>>
>>30904417
>No offense, but outside of fapping sessions, Kukui literally does not matter.
>Professors haven't been relevant since Oak.

fucking what

he has more presence throughout sumo than any other professor has ever had in any game
>>
>>30905331
Listen to them. There are parts both share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdJQopRuH1E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbXOyXaJJBc
>>
File: 1462378670345.png (68KB, 189x169px) Image search: [Google]
1462378670345.png
68KB, 189x169px
>Kukui
>worse than Diantha or Lance McThreeDragonites
>>
>>30905569
>Keep MC as the Champion
>Hau challenges MC instead of Kukui
>The battle is from Hau's point of view instead of yours but you still control your Pokemon.
>>
>theme is the main pokemon theme but good
>professor is a character that follows along with you the whole game instead of fucking off to his little beach shack after you get a pokemon
>has a well rounded team with good movesets
>AI has actual difficulty and uses setup moves and switches out pokemon
nah man he's shit
>>
>>30905629
I would rather have anyone else as Champion, but if it had to be Hau I'd give him that theme. Works really well for a native Alolan. Wouldn't work for, say, Gladion or Lillie.
>>
>>30904417
>fap sessions
You some kind of faggot? Please die of AIDS and stop making shitty blog threads. Sage.
>>
>>30905670
Sry, I meant the part without the first 10 secs.
The rest doesn't really seem to share similar theme compare to gen 5 gym leader theme or Alolan Champ theme.
>>
>>30905757
Nah
>>
>>30904450
>The real shit tier theme was the E4 theme

Now, here is some real shit taste
>>
>>30905842
Do I have a shit taste, too?
>>
>>30904417
Wait, that song sounds extremely familiar. It sounds like they just took one of the pokemon themes from sm4sh and used it as the battle theme.

Could they really have been that lazy?
>>
>>30904417
>Oak
>relevant
What the fuck did he legitimately do? Outside of the anime and memes he's totally irrelevant as a character and is lacking in substance.
>>
Kahuna Grand Trial themes are awesome and great...for the first thirty or so seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY9yWnbDZ4c

They're supposed to convey the fact that this is the one battle that actually has some stakes to it. This is your Grand Trial, son. It's supposed to have meaning, because this is your next wall to scale on your journey to being a pokeymanz master.

...Then it just goes all peppy and upbeat after only thirty seconds like Hau rival battles, taking out all the tension of the moment. Fuck that.

Contrast with the Alola Victory Road theme, which may well be the 2nd-most well produced song in the whole franchise next to Champion Red from HG/SS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N063WQoiyzY
>>
File: 1476354613244.png (298KB, 418x394px) Image search: [Google]
1476354613244.png
298KB, 418x394px
>>30904417
>your final battle to become champion is against your professor!

I found that annoying. You SHOULD have become champion, you should have sat in that damn throne. And when Kukui is congratulating you, he tells you that as a champion you'll be constantly challenged for the title.

And then the battle starts.
>>
I liked the E4 theme much more than the Champion battle. At least those sounded like there was a serious battle going down.

The Champion one sounds too upbeat and grandoise compared to many other champ themes. I get that -you- are the champ and its effectively your first immediate "title defense", but it really comes off weak to me.
>>
>>30906034
YOU ARE FUCKIN RETARDED
>>
>>30906128
>YOU ARE FUCKIN RETARDED
What is "wrong" with that opinion?
>>
>>30905518
His ace is Lycanroc ya dingus.
>>
No. He's one of my favorite Champion battles.

Plus after the disappointment that was Diantha, you kind of have to appreciate having a champion who isn't a literal who.
>>
>>30904417
>Professors haven't been relevant since Oak.

Are you stupid? Kakui is important to the story. Yeah if you battled Rowan at the end of DP that would've been gay, but Kakui was your mentor and the founder of the league. Shit was cool as hell.
>>
I thought it was great, both the theme and the battle.
>>
>>30906254
The theme (and I don't mean the music) and tone of the moment just all feel wrong though.

I mean I kinda get why they did it. The unwritten rules say that the game needs to end with an E4, then Champion gauntlet, before you get the "You are the champion!" cutscene and credit roll.

But there is no Champion, they have to crown one for Alola.

It just feels wrong that you beat the E4, but Kukui just comes up on you and says, "LOL NO NOT CHAMPION YET, EVEN THOUGH WE NEED A CHAMPION AND YOU BEAT THE E4, YOU STILL GOTTA BEAT ME BECAUSE REASONS!"

I'm with >>30906034, though maybe executed it a bit differently. Something akin to Kukui saying whatever congratulatory stuff, then asking, "I hope you'll grant me the honor of being your first official challenger, yeah."

Kinda wish there was a belt, too. Not just a throne.
>>
>>30906387
>Champion room with wrestling theme
Oh yeah,
>>
>>30906387
You still don't get it.

That's WHY Kakui was a good "champion". Because he was something new. Yes functionally he was the standard champion battle, but at least they threw you a curve ball instead of "okay whatever you beat the E4 this is final boss or whatever"

People like you that want Pokemon to follow the exact same formula and pattern with every game are fucking cancer.
>>
File: Nick.png (162KB, 303x308px) Image search: [Google]
Nick.png
162KB, 303x308px
>A regional professor managed to be more likable, a better side job, better fashon AND challenging than Diantha the "famous" movie star

What went wrong?
>>
He's the only champion I've actually cared about in the last 7 years, and the beginning of the theme was a nice throwback to older themes, and he isn't all grand and on a high horse like the past champions. Also, he's actually told about how he has beaten past champions in other regions.

Fuck outta here with your shit
>>
>>30906440
>Anon felt the tone of the encounter was off
>Just wanted Kukui to treat the match as a title defense as you are already the champion

>"lel you don't like change and you're cancer"

Please fuck off and die.
>>
>>30904417
the theme was lame but Kukui is a cool guy... too bad he will remove the much the trials and replace them with boring gyms
>>
>>30904529
Damn this would've been fucking great.
>>
>>30906499
>WAHHHHH I'M THE CHAMPION! YOU CAN'T SAY I'M NOT THE CHAMPION I ALREADY SAT ON THE SEAT WAHHHHH

you must be very unfun in real life, probably get pissed off at casual banter
>>
>>30906440
>but at least they threw you a curve ball instead of "okay whatever you beat the E4 this is final boss or whatever"
How? The anon even said he would rather have:
>"I hope you'll grant me the honor of being your first official challenger, yeah."
than
>"LOL NO NOT CHAMPION YET, EVEN THOUGH WE NEED A CHAMPION AND YOU BEAT THE E4, YOU STILL GOTTA BEAT ME BECAUSE REASONS!" (which was in the case of S/M)
The formula was generic as always.
>>
one of the best battles in the series with ghetsis from bw1 and red in gsc
>>
>>30906533
holy fuck

it's literally just one line of dialogue that has you guys all pissy?

kek fucking autism
>>
But anon Diantha is the worst champion ever
>Doesn't do anything in the story
>Weak as shit team
>Boring theme
>Bland character design
>>
>>30906440
They were trying to explain how the game should've made it more clear that you're the first Champion and Kukui is challenging you or that you and Kukui were competing for the Champion spot. The wording in-game was fucking confusing.
>>
>>30906573
Oh okay. I'm not autistic, so you guys were confusing me.
>>
File: 1474763150935.png (159KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474763150935.png
159KB, 500x500px
>>30906568
>ran out of arguments
>starts using ad hominems

Give a proper refutation or stop posting irrelevant shit
>>
>>30904450
Gen5 may had a great theme but it has the weakest elite four because of their typing combination
>>
>>30906531
Buddy, for all intents and purposes, you ARE the champion. No one's saying that Kukui can't have a go at you because of it, but rather, he should have properly framed his challenge towards you AS the actual Champion's first title defense instead of just another one up of the E4 to make it a more meaningful moment.
>>
>>30906613
No I really mean it. I don't mean to personally attack you, I'm just not on the same autistic wavelength as /vp/ and sometimes I don't get what you guys are arguing about. Like this who debate about "I'm technically the champion! He should've challenged me as a title defense!" thing would only be argued about on /vp/ because it's autistic.
>>
>>30906440
>>30906387 (me)

>still not getting it
>still

Sorry, I'm not the one you were already talking to, but I will respond to your post.

My problem with the Kukui fight wasn't the fact that you're fighting Kukui. Fighting Kukui was awesome!

My problem was that the lame as fuck lack of justification for fighting Kukui. Any one of these possibilities would have been an acceptable "curve ball" with "something new", but would have made sense and have been narratively consistent:

1) Kukui congratulates you on your ascent to Champion...there is no fifth battle.
2) Kukui congratulates you on your ascent to Champion, and challenges you for your title.
3) Kukui congratulates you on your ascent to Champion, but in order to get the Alola League sanctioned for recognition in the Pokemon League Association, we need our Champion to fight another regional champion. (Whoever you want here--Lance, Red, Blue, Diantha, Cynthia, etc, even a literally who from a region we haven't seen yet.)

But instead we get the most contrived bullshit of, "Well...you need to fight a fifth before you can become champion...guess it's gotta be me."
>>
>>30906572
>Bland character design
It's not that it's bland. It's so bad for her to be a star. The fuck is the point of those wings on her back???
>>30906630
...I genuinely enjoyed the fact that scrafty could literally solo all of them except marshal. Shit's hilarious
>>
>>30906665
autism
>>
>>30906665
>>30906636
Have you retards considered for one second that maybe he was... kidding??? It's probably just casual banter.

Kakui is a wrestler anyways, right? Shit like that happens in WWE wrestling all the time. A wrestler will become a champion then someone comes through the tunnel saying "You have one more guy to beat to be considered champion"

It's not literal, it's just banter. Holy hell how do you guys function IRL?
>>
>>30904547
>it's a "that one guy on /vp/ who feels the need to reply to everyone in one post" thread
>>
>>30906665
1) Kukui congratulates you on your ascent to Champion...there is no fifth battle.
This would have been horrible.
2) Kukui congratulates you on your ascent to Champion, and challenges you for your title.
That's what happens ingame more or less...to an extent
3) Kukui congratulates you on your ascent to Champion, but in order to get the Alola League sanctioned for recognition in the Pokemon League Association, we need our Champion to fight another regional champion. (Whoever you want here--Lance, Red, Blue, Diantha, Cynthia, etc, even a literally who from a region we haven't seen yet.)
Fuck no that's asinine. They can be the champs in their own damn region.

But instead we get the most contrived bullshit of, "Well...you need to fight a fifth before you can become champion...guess it's gotta be me."
Orrr...Maybe...Just maybe Kukui wanted a good challenge after whooping the E4.
>>
>>30904417
No, fighting Kukui is pretty fucking rad. It's established really early on that he's proficient when it comes to battling with moves being his specialty. Not to mention the fight is equally important for him, he clearly tried very hard and was very involved in bringing the League to Alola and seeing it come to fruition as well as one of the children he helped become a trainer become the first Champion must be huge for him.

Way better than fighting a literal who that you never see like some of the previous Champions.

And the reason the battle theme is a variation of the main theme is because you're the Champion. It's YOUR battle theme.
>>
The battle itself was really cool, I enjoyed it a lot. The theme was disappointing, though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCMjGPXs-bA
At 0:11 it starts to drop off, and then the part between 0:29 and 1:21 totally kills it for me. Just a huge chunk of the track where all the energy is gone.
I liked the Island Kahuna battle theme better as a menacing, yet triumphant track.
>>
>>30906648
You're posting on a weeaboo site based on a Japanese anonymous imageboard in a niche board dedicated to specifically Pokemon. If you're bothered by the autism in this thread, there are many other threads exactly like this one. There are only so many things a fanbase can talk about until mundane or nitpicky topics like this are brought up. Don't get me started on the Pokewaifu threads and daily shitposting.
>>
File: wubawwoowiashs.gif (942KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
wubawwoowiashs.gif
942KB, 500x345px
>kukui
>worst than Alder(who's cool)
>worse than Dianth(garbage and not because of looks)
>>
Its almost as good as black and whites final battle being against n and ghetsis

The only good league champions were gray and iris, the rest are dog shit
>>
>>30906710
Have you considered that maybe I actually don't put too much weight into it, or take it seriously at all, and maybe I actually just enjoy arguing on the internet?

>>30906665 (me)
Or, hell, here's one more, they could have even kept the "Sorry you're not Champion yet" justification by giving some stipulation where "The League Association standards dictate that the League needs to elect not just an E4, but someone to serve as an interim Champion." and the Alola League elected Kukui.
>>
>>30906930
>Gray
Who?
>>
>>30904417
the theme is shit but rowan was godlike fuck you
>>
>>30906930
>Iris
>Better than Cynthia, Steven, or Blue
>>
>>30906986
Probably miswrote Gary
>>
>>30907010
iris is better than steven and on par with blue.
>>
File: callie.png (286KB, 438x315px) Image search: [Google]
callie.png
286KB, 438x315px
>>30907010
>not liking rainbow road dragon princess in space
>>
File: 1397895781729.jpg (516KB, 775x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1397895781729.jpg
516KB, 775x2500px
>>30906476
Diantha had significantly less Screentime while Kukui was borderline built up like Cynthia.

Kukui also had more build up in terms of atmosphere, pokemon selection, and usage of the Pokemon theme.

Kukui is one of if not the best champion fights in the entire series. Cynthia in my book still holds everything but Kukui is either tied for damn fucking close.
>>
>>30906930
>>30907010
>>30907083
>>30907089
Iris is shit and so is Blue.

And Steven is just a worse Cynthia.

But most of the Champs are garbage anyway, we need a Champion that plays an actual role in the story. And not just as this older character who keeps showing up to move the plot along like Steven, I mean an actual important character. We need a Champion that is also the Lillie/Lusamine of the game.
>>
>>30907155
>And not just as this older character who keeps showing up to move the plot along like Steven, I mean an actual important character. We need a Champion that is also the Lillie/Lusamine of the game.

Then it also blows the surprise of who the champion is.
>>
>>30904417
You're a loser for not liking the sexy Champion Professor whose battle theme is a remix of the theme we've been getting hyped over since Sun and Moon was announced.
>>
>>30904417
I agree. I like the theme, but as a championship battle theme it feels lazy
>>
>>30907155
There's no character in the previous generations who held a similar plot-related role that Lillie had.
We already had a rival as a Champion.
And the leader of an "evil" team/group being Champion is unprecedented.

By your definition every champion of every generation is shit.

And there are butthurt people who are mad at Lillie taking away the spotlight. The game already feels like Lillie is the protagonist instead of the Player.
>>
>>30907010
Steven is shit.

Iris and Blue are about equal.

Cynthia is still best
>>
>>30907199
>Then it also blows the surprise of who the champion is.

By now you can usually tell who it is just by them showing up beforehand a conspicuous amount of times. It's really not surprising when Steven, Cynthia, and Alder all reveal themselves as Champion because you see them a bunch of times beforehand.

Not to mention you can have a character important to the plot be around and relevant and simply not have them reveal their status as Champion. Or alternatively have them become Champion before you as part of their character arc.

If Blue was actually important to the story and not a generic whiny shitlord he'd be one of the best Champions. But I put that blame more on the simplistic nature of RBY more than anything else.

>>30907311
>There's no character in the previous generations who held a similar plot-related role that Lillie had.

I know, I'm just throwing it out there.

>We already had a rival as a Champion.

Yeah and it was awful. The idea is good enough to be done again and done right.

>And the leader of an "evil" team/group being Champion is unprecedented.

Which is exactly what makes it so appealing. I would have preferred something like N becoming Champion and using the League from within to further Plasma's goals than Team Plasma's stupid magical castle just popping out of the ground and shit suddenly happening.

>By your definition every champion of every generation is shit.

I wouldn't say all of them are shit but all of them have pretty glaring flaws in how they're implemented as part of the story. Judging by how much people like Cynthia it's clear that a Champion with involvement in the story is best, but none of the Champions are involved in the story enough to actually matter in the long run. The closest any of them come is Blue but because RBY has such a simple plot it undermines the whole thing.

As for people whining about Lillie, that's the double-edged nature of a complex story with a blank protagonist.
>>
>>30907155
What you're describing is basically Blue and N, even if he wasn't a proper champion.
>>
File: 1473408143483.png (301KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1473408143483.png
301KB, 1000x1000px
>>30904417
His battle was fine for me going into it underleveled. But the theme, for the first few seconds i was really hyped, then it turns out nope the actual theme is the same theme you already heard in the promos.
>>
>>30907465
N beat Alder and you fight him after the Elite 4 so he technically is the "Champion."
>>
>>30907591
Technically, but no one calls N the Champion. It's foreshadowed to be Alder from the start and sure enough, it's Alder.
>>
>>30907155
The type of character Lillie is works horribly as a champion. She is basically a damsel in distress that constantly asks you for help. After she has been relying on you for the whole game there is no way you could actually make her feel imposing as a champion.
>>
Personally I feel like Iris, Diantha, and Kukui aren't as climactic as champions. I'm not saying they're bad, it's just that I feel the stories climaxed at the defeat of Ghetsis/Lysandre/Lusamine and all the champion fights are are to just finish what you set out to do, where I feel the earlier games the championship is the goal, the bad guys are just people you're fucking over on the side. I thought Gen 4 seemed balanced enough between championship and the bad guys honestly.

Just my opinion though.
>>
File: teacup-man.jpg (27KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
teacup-man.jpg
27KB, 500x500px
>Kukui got his ass beat in Kanto years ago when he challenged the indigo plateau
>Kukui builds up the Alolan league to be on par with the leagues in the other regions
>after you beat up the elite 4 and sit in the seat, he shows up and wants to see with his own eyes that you're the real deal
>he wants to make sure that when he says that the alolan league will make the trainer world-class, he means it
>if you beat Kukui now, when he's stronger after studying those moves after his shot at the indigo title, then you are worthy to stand among the strongest in the world

I liked his fight anyway.
>>
>>30907927
I didn't play gen 4 but don't people complain that you have to make a detour right before the league to deal with team galactic?
>>
>>30907984
Yeah but I feel like the fact the 8th gym comes after it sort of gets your head back into the championship quest a bit
>>
>>30907465
The story of gen I is "now that I have been sent out to fill my dex I have an opportunity to beat gym leaders and become champion". You deal with Rocket along the way but that's more so because they prevent you from progressing in your badge collecting quest than anything else. In that sense Blue is the most important character since he has been competing for your main goal from the very start to the very end.
Your problem is simply that you do not like his personality, or was engrossed in the story.
>>
>>30906729
>what is a discussion
it's my thread and I reply to whoever I want to
>>
File: 1481071915784.jpg (29KB, 439x380px) Image search: [Google]
1481071915784.jpg
29KB, 439x380px
>>30904417
I liked his theme. It's not Lance's or anything, but it wasn't suppose to be. Kukui wasn't your greatest adversary, he was your teacher, your guide. You out grew him, you climbed to the top, and succeeded after your long journey. It wasn't another triumph to win, but rather a friendly passing of the torch that brings the whole thing around.

I think his theme reflects that well. It's more of a happy 'end of your journey' sound than an aggressive struggle. This is the last hurrah, the final good bye, you already did it kid, you're already the best, and this is how your old sensei is gonna see you off, with a smile.

I can see why some people thought it was disappointing, but I thought it was thematically fitting for Sun and Moon. Lusamine was a lot harder than any of the E4 for me, just like Ghetsis trashed me back in BW but Alder was comparatively a cake walk. Cynthia was the last time a champion was really hard, and it's because she was a fucking cheater.
>>
Why is OP's taste so shitty?
>>
You seriously didn't get incredibly hyped up as soon as he threw out the starter yours was weak to, realizing "Oh shit... it's the unused oak battle!"

Then your theme started up, the one based on the original pokemon theme. I seriously have NO fucking clue how you could have hated this fight.

OP has shit taste
>>
>>30904417
>Shit taste
>>
>>30906034
>You SHOULD have become champion, you should have sat in that damn throne. And when Kukui is congratulating you, he tells you that as a champion you'll be constantly challenged for the title.

That's literally what he did, you dumbass.

You became the Champion, and then you were defending the title against him.
>>
File: 38d.jpg (155KB, 400x505px) Image search: [Google]
38d.jpg
155KB, 400x505px
Kukui is the best final boss in a pokemon game since the series began. The man has a full team and actually uses a lead hazard setter and a phazer to give the kiddies their first taste of what high level pokemon is actually like. I've been wanting shit like this for years, and can only hope the themes of next gen's elite four are stall, hyper offense, bulky offence and balanced instead of being based on type.
>>
I agree OP. The battle was cool but the music was shit.
>>
>>30904417
>worst theme
>not liking the original theme recreated as a celebration of 20 years of pokemon
>not liking that amazing intro build up
>>
>>30906034
You're fucking stupid
>>
>>30904417
When I was spoiled about his music, I didn't really like it. But actually battling him, with that nostalgic tune in the background as we butted heads...it was fantastic. Much better than either of the BW-series final bosses.

Plus he had a great team. I hope he's still there when I rechallenge the league, rather than some bait-and-switch final battle.
>>
Kukui was disappointing

Poor theme, poor team with no idea behind it

Also at the very beggining ofthe game he says to your face he wouldnt be able to beat Kahunas. then we know he was chalenging Kanto gyms and league and we since we didnt know shit about it before gen 7 (like not even a hint) and he implies he was defeateed then its haardly to get excited to battle someone who issnt stronger than Kahunas nor Kanto trainers

Plus he vanishes in the middle of the game and doesnt take part in the really importnat moments
>>
>>30905569
>champion with 3 starters
Enough of this meme, give us a champion with an interesting theme for a team instead
Like all pesudos would be an actually intersting fight if you don't have Ice Beam, or some other actual concept instead of relegating them to a type like they've done too many times before or just a whatever team.
>>
>>30914076
>>Poor theme, poor team with no idea behind it
All his Pokemon are early route Pokemon you can find on the first island + the starter you didn't pick.
>>
>>30907927
Like the only games where the final battle has to do with the climax of the story are the originals, black and white, and sun and moon to an extent
>>
>>30914234
Bullshit. What is Ninetales?
>>
>>30914076
Not everyone needs a theme especially the final battle shouldnt have one
>>
>Wanting some literal who to be the champion again
Best champion since the first games.
>>
File: DealWithIt3.gif (19KB, 92x100px) Image search: [Google]
DealWithIt3.gif
19KB, 92x100px
>Best suited for Champion battle:

Steven = Cynthia > Kukui = Blue = Alder > Lance = Diantha >>> Iris

>Champion music:

Steven = Cynthia > Blue = Lance > Kukui = Diantha >>> Iris >>>>> Alder
>>
>>30914608
Oh, and Wallace down there with Iris in the first section.
>>
>>30914520
Lance had potential but I think he'd be better if Game Freak built him up more in RBY
I mean really they tried the "Gym Leader/Elite Four climbs the ranks to champion" thing THRICE and managed to make it uninteresting all three times.
If they swapped Iris for Drayden I think it would've worked.
Hell you could make it a version difference, imagine a generation where each game had a different final boss.
>>
File: bait-all-out.jpg (40KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait-all-out.jpg
40KB, 625x626px
>>30904547
>>
>>30914608
I have to concur with this list.
I think Steven, Cynthia, Blue and Kukui are the only champs that felt like actual champs, from their character to their theme. Lance arguably was filling in for Red pissing off, same for Iris and Alder, Alder felt like he was dragged out of retirement, and Diantha just didn't have much impact. Maybe because she wasn't involved much in the main plot?
>>
>>30904417
> Hating on the glorious version of THE POKEMON MAIN THEME
> Hating on Kukui, the man who literally created Alola's Pokemon League

The man deserved to be your first challenger, and the theme was fucking glorious. Fuck off.
>>
>>30905020
The only thing that bothers me is you being alive.
>>
>>30904529
Why do people like this theme? When the main tune kicks in it really doesn't fit the theme and it's really obvious it's been cut up to fit into a different time signature. Really obvious remix and doesn't sound like a battle theme on top of that.
>>
>>30904417
No, Alder's one is the most hype killer.
>>
The music should have just been the original version from the legendary trailer, not some weird remix. Guzma should have been an elite four member so you could have an actual battle with him.
>>
>>30917044
Champion Title Defense doesn't sound like a battle theme either
>>
The soundtrack felt inconsistent.

The Tapu, box legend, Lusamine and Guzma tracks were all top tier.

Reusing the main theme was a bad idea and I genuinely feel sorry for anyone that felt it was anything but a bad kind of cheesy and cliche.

>>30917156
There was no hype to kill because nobody gives a shit about post game other than HGSS/GSC.

Some would call this bait, but it's true.

>>30914721
Not an argument.
>>
>>30905569
Dumb Hau poster
>>
>>30904417
This is the place where at point out that Kukui is more of a rival than Wally since you fight him thrice as opposed to the latter's twice
And Kukui has more scenes, how many does Wally have in ORAS? Four and two postgame?
>>
hmm i came here because a friend who is also op told me about this, we re both admin on a pokemon subreddit
i was wondering if i
am allowed to upload the screenshots of this blog on a cringe thread for laughs as main purpose, may i?
and i'm also here to remember that even if might sound biased since pokemon 5 and 5 dlc were my first games, pokemon 5 definitely had the best music and basically best characters ever but not just because they are similar to my deviantart ocs
>>
I can't believe the amount of people thinking with their dicks and claiming Cynthia is still the best Champion, she is mid tier at best, her Evo centered team is rather mediocre in experience as it is just showcasing a connectivity gimmick mon, 2 friendship evolution gift Pokémon, 2 stone evolutions, 1-2 gimmick evolution Pokémon and depending on the game up to 2 level up evolution Pokémon, she and Alder are also the only champions that isn't associated with a fossil.

Iris and Blue are still at the top of the food chain when it comes to theme or meta based teams, Iris featuring Dinosaurs and monster/dragon egg group mons with blue showcasing a rather meta gen 1 team + Pidgeot. Blue also gets to update its team in FRLG.

Challenge mode Iris still triumphs over most champions thanks to egg moves and items tailor made for her team.

But let's get back on track, the insert intro theme into boss fights is a good JRPG trope, sadly it was mediocre for Pokémon, they did it 2 times before this one and they came decent, however they overdid it with Alola and thus stripped down the game final battle of much needed identity.

I also disliked the tittle defense tittle, it's not bad, it just comes as mediocre and poorly inspired on its region.
>>
>>30904417
I was pretty disappointed by the theme. I was hoping it would be something original, but instead it was just more out of place stuff from Kanto.
>>
>implying I would ever be friends with a Gardevoir fag

I'm all about Lopunny
>>
Isn't the champion theme technically is the theme for the player character?
>>
>>30917809
This thread has nothing to do with the Ethereal Goddess that is Cynthia.

Blue had a shitty team.

Challenge mode Iris DOES have the best team.

If you think about it, only Cynthia and Iris have the best teams.

Women do it better.

Challenge mode Iris > Cynthia > Normal Iris >>> Everyone else >>> Steven > Diantha = Blue
>>
>>30918131
>too lazy to make a theme for Kukui and a new one for the player
>/vp/ will defend this
>>
>>30917977
>entire story is about building a league inspired by kanto
>first champion theme is a remix of the kanto theme

wtf i hate gamefreak now
>>
>>30918185
>ethereal

stop using words you dont understand
>>
>>30918231
>bad remix
Fixed it for you sweetie!

No need to thank me, just making this board a better place, one post at a time.
>>
>>30918241
You've never heard ethereal used to describe a woman's beauty?

Educate yourself before you try to act condescending.

You're probably ESL though, so no hard feelings.
>>
>>30918253
not an argument
>>
>>30905714
underrated
>>
>>30918344
It's not an argument.

It's a correction. Use your brain.
>>
>>30918375
no, it's your worthless opinion that you can't even substantiate. i.e. not an argument
>>
File: 1429222634827.jpg (32KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1429222634827.jpg
32KB, 600x400px
>>30907155
If you want a champ that's Lillie you're literally making her into more of a Mary Sue than GF already did you autist.
>>
>>30918406
Multiple people in this thread have explained why the remix is shit, if you're too lazy to read the thread, it is not my problem.
>>
>>30918446
multiple people have given their completely subjective opinion.

i explained how it wasn't "out of place", to which all you could muster up "w-well it's still bad!"
come back when you have an argument
>>
>>30918477
It's a mediocre design choice. The intro theme has had big variations in its generations and has been featured in 3 champion themes mixed in up to gen 7.

However the champion defense title is where it fucking went wrong.

It's a vanilla orchestrated remix of gen 1 intro. A good orchestra with terrible execution in the climax of a game straight up after being bombardment with calm epic overworld themes followed by hectic hype on e4 theme you get an anticlimactic orchestrated piece of an intro theme... You don't have to think to much to realize that the execution was low key.

Thus game was also filled with Kanto references and the last battle of this franchise doing another one instead of being unique for its region, or featuring the Instruments if it region, gen 5 electronics, gen 3 French horns, gen 4 distorted sounds and drums, we got fucking nothing, as an audiophile its quite an insult if we consider we got heavy drum in Tapu, Kahuna and Totem battles, high notes on Lusamine and Aether and a recurring theme through team skull yet we get nothing to tie them onto the champion theme. It just feels forced.
>>
>>30918431
Make it a double battle with Zinnia as her ally.

You now reached maximum trolling.
>>
I literally forgot this was a profesor

Thinking this is related to other profesors disturb me
>>
>>30918961
Best reply in the thread, everyone else and their subjective opinions can go home now.
>>
File: nani.png (757KB, 844x423px) Image search: [Google]
nani.png
757KB, 844x423px
>Lycanroc used Stealth Rock!
>>
>god tier
Guzma battle
>great tier
Lusamine 1
Lusamine 2
Kahuna
Red/Blue battle
Champion
>good tier
Trainer
Aether
Plumeria battle
Skull battle
Hau battle
>okay tier
E4
>>
>>30919687
>mario karthuna
>"""champion"""
>anywhere but shit tier
no
>>
>>30919712
Kahuna theme is great, fag
>>
>>30904480
Wrong

Rowan
>>
>>30905842
Honestly the E4 theme in SM was way too fucking hard and abrasive for me. All those weird hollow, airy screeching sounds in the back drove me nuts.

I just don't understand how they could've made 6 entire generations of passable E4 themes, only beginning to peter out at gens 5-6, and then straight plummeting to this garbage.
>>
>>30919687
>Aether employee
>not in great tier

The fuk is wrong with you!
>>
Holy shit man these mega trainers are giving me so much damn anxiety. And these dam Z moves.
>>
>>30904547
kys moron
>>
>>30904417
I would've loved to fight Kukui himself after he ran out of pokémon, like a Pokéstar Studios prop.
>Technical machines, Sun!
>>
>>30917384
>that felt it was anything but a bad kind of cheesy and cliche
Wow, in a Pokemon game? Who would have thought.
>>
>>30920176
Not an argument, friendo.
>>
The Masked Royal should have been the final battle
>>
>>30920283
Gens 1-4 didn't have cheesy amd cliche battle themes.

Try harder.
>>
>>30919802
Gen5 is the best e4 theme, gen 6 theme is trash, sun moon theme is whatever
>>
>>30920321
Gen 5, although it has more going on than Gen 6 and 7's, is nowhere near being the best.

It was great though.
>>
>>30913837
it was fucking boring, anon

a heroic-sounding remix of the main theme doesnt make for good battle music
>>
>>30904417
I for one, agree with you OP. They could have chosen something better than the metro fag prof that would never fuck off and leave you alone.
>>
>>30913837
It is a good theme, it just doesn't work as a battle theme. If it was pre-battle theme, or used in a cutscene, I would've loved it.
>>
>>30919687
Replace Champion for Aether and I can accept it.

If you then replace e4 for Champion we can be best friends.

The fucking champion defense theme is anticlimactic for a battle theme.
>>
>>30918961
One of the few people itt who knows what they're talking about
The Alola theme (track that plays when choosing your character) would be a far better choice for this
>>
File: 1381705474509.jpg (130KB, 500x973px) Image search: [Google]
1381705474509.jpg
130KB, 500x973px
>>30906220
Implying a rock type other than aerodactyl should be an elite four champ's ace.
>>
>>30904417
You are retarded.

He created the league. He was prominent as fuck throughout the entire game. He's a champion of the Indigo league.

It was a great final battle.
>>
>>30920838

autism

>>30920907

autism
>>
>The first professor who studies Pokemon moves
>Not fit to be champion

You guys are retarded
Stop being so critical of the music in a kids' game
>>
>>30921331
>Stop being so critical of the music in a kids' game
>>
>>30921331
>please don't criticize my beloved pokemon games
grow up
>>
>>30904417
The theme sounded like an opening title screen theme more than a champion theme, honestly.
>>
>>30921183
With terrible music for a final battle.

>>30922205

It's an orchestrated version of gen1 tittle screen.
>>
>>30904417
You mean the most hype?
It's better than literally every song to come out of gen 5, for example. Though that's not a high bar, because gen 5 has the worst music in the franchise by a large margin.
>>
>>30922293
Hype? An intro screen is supposed to be hype?

No man, I understand if you don't like the inatrumental feel of gen5 and its overall fast pace, but calling this piece of overworld music hype is an atrocity.
>>
>>30922345
>Hype? An intro screen is supposed to be hype?
You're saying "intro screen" as if that somehow disqualifies it from being hype. That's a massive leap in logic that you've completely failed to explain.
>>
>>30904417
Final boss is Lusamine.
Fighting Kukui is simply rite-of-passage.
>>
>>30921136
Not with those fucking pebbles that he loves whirlwinding you into
>>
Honestly Hau should have been Champion.
>>
You guys have been memeing "the professor is actually the champion" in what-if threads for years.

Congrats on getting what you wanted.
>>
>>30904417
It really surprised me to fight the professor there.
I wonder if he's stronger than the masked royal.
>>
>>30923536
He literally is the second time you challenge the league.

Title defense, boi.
>>
>>30923567
He's a challenger, not the Champion.
>>
>>30922397
It's a remix of the gen1 game intro.
>>
>>30904437
He's not the champion. You're the champion and he's your first challenger.
>>
>>30906630
>but it has the weakest elite four because of their typing combination
That's not how you spell Kanto and Sinnoh.
>>
>>30923803
Yes and?
How does that take away from how grand the theme is?

That's like saying this song isn't good because it used a chord I heard in another song.
>>
>>30925195
Because there is already a huge gen 1 pandering in the recent gens and people don't need more of them.
>>
>>30925304
Again, how does that change anything?
>>
>>30925088
Platinum has the only good elite 4.

Sun and Moon would've been great if some mons didn't have less than 4 moves.

BW2 challenge mode had a good one, bit seeing how it's unlocked, it may as well have not existed.
>>
>>30925375
>Platinum has the only good elite 4.
You have seen those teams right? Not to mention the Pokemon distribution does them no favours at all.
>>
>>30904417
One of the most exciting, on the contrary.

The music being a remix of the opening theme is nothing short of hype incarnate.
>>
>>30925344
People are sick of it and get disappointed, because it neither represents specific character nor the beauty of Alola, but just another gen 1 reference, which is kinda generic?
>>
>>30925454
Yes, the teams in Platinum were great, look them up.

The bad teams you're thinking about were Diamond and Pearl's, which were terrible.
>>
File: Sneaky stones.png (24KB, 579x584px) Image search: [Google]
Sneaky stones.png
24KB, 579x584px
>>30904545
>a student vs the master fight and fucking rocks
Well, you're not wrong.
>>
>>30925480
>People are sick of it
Sick of hearing a remixed main theme that uses quite a few variations to set it apart?

I think you're the only one that's sick of it.

>because it neither represents specific character nor the beauty of Alola
The only champion theme to actually do that would be Iris' theme. As it both captures the nature of her character as well as the the feeling of a final battle.

In any case the remix is also suitable due to the reason the league was created in alola in the first place because if you hadn't noticed the whole reason it's there is because Kukui was inspired by the strength of the Kanto leaders and E4 and wanted Alola to have a strong set of trainers like that.
In other words it both represents Alola's League essentially being christened as well as Kukui's ambition.
>>
>>30904417
desu all the music felt underwhelming this game.
>>
>>30925560
Not him but they were both pretty shit.
Platinum is just a notch above the ladder.
>>
>>30906220

>the champion's ace is the same as one of the elite four members before him

Great job Gamefreak
>>
>>30925683
>implying Lycanroc Day is the same as Lycanrock Shit
>>
>>30925605
>Sick of hearing a remixed main theme that uses quite a few variations to set it apart?
No, they are sick, because it's just another gen 1 pander independent how versions it has.

>I think you're the only one that's sick of it.
>>30918961
I'm even not the only one.

>The only champion theme to actually do that would be Iris' theme.
It's just unbelievable. Are you serious?
>>
>>30925795
>No, they are sick, because it's just another gen 1 pander independent how versions it has.
Again, how does that take away from the music in any way?
You're basically saying it sucks for something unrelated to the music itself. Like say the color of the shirt of the guy in a music video.

Not to mention it's not just gen 1's opening theme but the opening theme of the entire series, if you hadn't noticed it's a constant that has yet to change.

>I'm even not the only one.
After reading that post I'm convinced that is you as none of that post even addresses the piece in question beyond "it's a remixed main theme" and "KANTO DAMN IT!" just as you have been doing.

>It's just unbelievable. Are you serious?
Have you heard any other champion theme?
>>
>>30920319
Gen 1-4 also are not the 20th year anniversary.
>>
>>30925640
>5 pokemon each
>worst pokemon used being Golem, Mr. Mime, which are solid enough
>great movesets

If Platinum had a shit elite 4, what does that make every other game's elite 4?
>>
>>30925900
>Again, how does that take away from the music in any way?
Of course they are disappointed.
Why, suddenly, in region aldready full of the gen 1 pandering would they give us the last hit on the nerves?

>Not to mention it's not just gen 1's opening theme but the opening theme of the entire series
But the majority on this post sees the theme rather relevant to gen 1 than to the whole series.

>After reading that post I'm convinced that is you as none of that post even addresses the piece in question beyond "it's a remixed main theme" and "KANTO DAMN IT!" just as you have been doing.
I'm actually disappointed on you right now.

>Have you heard any other champion theme?
Yes. I'm rather surprised that you don't hear any similarities between themes and champions.
>>
>>30926147
The person who he replied to should've said that instead of acting like the inclusion wasn't something recent to Pokemon.
>>
>>30926186
>Of course they are disappointed.
Once again, how does this affect the music?
You're judging the music on something unrelated to the music, do you not realise how retarded that is?

>But the majority on this post sees the theme rather relevant to gen 1 than to the whole series.
You do realise just because you repeat it that doesn't make it so right?
It's literally the main theme for the entire franchise from Gen 1 to even some of the console games. Unless you want to say that every game has been pandering to generation 1 by doing the exact same thing and remixing this theme with added variations just like the SM champ theme.

>I'm actually disappointed on you right now.
I'm not exactly here to please you.
In any case it doesn't change the fact that you haven't even addressed the piece in question. Not to mention it's only been one person saying it's bad because of a loose connection to generation 1.

>I'm rather surprised that you don't hear any similarities between themes and champions.
Iris and to a lesser degree Kukui, yes.
The others? Not so much. They're just arrangements that are meant to feel like an ending as opposed to being related to the character.
Blue and Cynthia in particular are big offenders of that.
>>
>>30926396
>Once again, how does this affect the music?
I think, I've misunderstand you.
The music itself is good.
I just found the "experience" not so good. (Kukui just standing there is actually my biggest problem, gen 1 pandering is maybe just a small part of it)
>>30904529 (You)
>>30905230 (You)
Those are my only posts here. The music is not bad at all since it has different varieties and tones fitting good together.

>You do realise just because you repeat it that doesn't make it so right? It's literally the main theme for the entire franchise from Gen 1 to even some of the console games. Unless you want to say that every game has been pandering to generation 1 by doing the exact same thing and remixing this theme with added variations just like the SM champ theme.
Sry for the misunderstanding. And besides I like the gen 5 gym leader's last pokemon though this is a remix of the main theme, I just feel annoyed of the gen 1 pandering in Alola.

>I'm not exactly here to please you. In any case it doesn't change the fact that you haven't even addressed the piece in question. Not to mention it's only been one person saying it's bad because of a loose connection to generation 1.
Really?

>They're just arrangements that are meant to feel like an ending as opposed to being related to the character.
I'm confused, because I don't really understand what you mean. So, they are relevant after all?
>>
File: 1482026299771.jpg (38KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1482026299771.jpg
38KB, 355x369px
>You, the player actually become the champion instead of beating the existing champion and have to defend the title
>The professor, who has never been an opponent you've been able to battle in any of the prior games, is your first challenger

How is this bad? They did something different and it was cool as hell.
>>
File: 1478482188893.png (323KB, 466x575px) Image search: [Google]
1478482188893.png
323KB, 466x575px
>>30926147
>"This game took place during the franchise's 20 year anniversary and that's why the Champion theme, a boring remix of the main theme, is good!"
Nah.
>>
>>30926805
This guy and his straw-manning is pretty on point. Takes things not even started in the posted quote and attacks that, you guys should learn a thing or two from him.
>>
>>30926980
Do you not know how to follow a conversation?
Pretty embarrassing desu.
>>
File: 1481424632524.gif (512KB, 220x211px) Image search: [Google]
1481424632524.gif
512KB, 220x211px
Here's your (You).
>>
>>30927337
You don't it seems since no one in the chain you replied to said anything about it being good for that reason, but that it was the reason it's the way it is. You can quote the part that said it though if your so right, right?
>>
Nah, worst theme would be the champion from Black and White. Alder
>>
It would have been better if he had a pseudo to tie his team together. Steven's gen 3 team really fucked me hard with his metagross. Kukui just gets the starter you are weak to and if you don't have something that can deal with that on your team you're retarded.
>>
>>30926722
We are judging the music here, and it is fucking underwhelming.
>>
>>30928141
It isn't though.
>>
>>30925195
The remix is good. No one is going to argue the track isn't great for what it is, an orchestrated version of the gen1 intro.

It's shit in it's usage, they try to pass it as a fucking battle theme. It has no fucking toes to Alola sound at all, it even overrides other characters themes in their rematches. It's simply mediocre in execution, the gen 1 pandering took the shit on everything that was Alola.

I get it, your MC is from Kanto, but did we really need our fucking music to be more fucking gen 1 pandering instead of nice closure to the journey we just had? Let alone the fact that the theme is barely functional as a battle one, it doesn't feel as a battle theme.

So far there are 3 big gripes.

Gen 1 pandering instead of letting gen7 have it's own musical identity.

A theme that doesn't fucking fit for a battle, let alone something that is supposed to get you hype at the end of your journey. Thank God you fight Tapu Koko at the end of the sequence, at least you get to experience a bit of Alola in the end even if it's an annoyance mechanic wise to lose character control for 5 minutes for it to happen.

It overrides the identity of other players that challenge you, no trainer battle theme, no skull admin, no captain theme, no Kahuna, no Hau and no Gladion theme, they are just overrided by this atrocity. Even in the end they managed to find a new way to take away some identity to Alola with this shit.

It's how the track is used that annoys us, not the composition.
>>
>>30928211
They try to pass this as a final boss encounter theme, it fucking fails to achieve that feel. How isn't that underwhelming? Orchestrated masterpiece or not you just don't put this kind of shit as a final battle theme.
>>
>>30928482
It's not final boss theme, it's YOUR theme, it plays in the matches you have to defend the title.
>>
>>30928503
And it's functionally a final boss theme after a gauntlet challenge.

Guess what? Your theme is shit for a final battle and has nothing to do with the game musical score up to that point.
>>
>>30928537
Maybe you just have shit taste.
>>
File: Sophisticated Laughing Pepe.jpg (8KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
Sophisticated Laughing Pepe.jpg
8KB, 185x273px
>>30911729
I realized it was more gen 1 pandering.
>>
>Gen 1 pandering
Can you bring an argument that is any less of a real argument then this?
How much real gen 1 pandering is actually in game? Not counting the Alola forms (which are new types of old mons) and some gen 1 pokes (which happens in more gens then it doesn't).
>>
>>30928451
But that's the point.
To strip away Alola's unique identity and replace it with the same gym league structure Kanto has.
>>
>>30928736
Oh forgot about Red and Blue, one battle in post game and the Battle Tree.
>>
>>30928572
Or maybe I have played enough games to know when the devs screwed up big time.

Take the doom franchise, let's go with the latest making BFG division and mastermind some of the biggest homage existing to the game career.

BFG Division combines 2 boss themes and one overworld theme inspired by Danse Macabre into a major score of kick assery. Mastermind is the final boss theme and it's hectic as fuck, guess what? It's functionally BFG division on different instruments and it's a song of it own.

This is how you make homage for you music and identity of a game.

You don't like FPS with godlike music doing homages to the father of FPS in the perfect way? Well let's go with another 3ds game.

Stella Glow, aka Air Tonelico meets Love Live Nanoha got lungs edition. This thing uses it's intro as the final boss near 1:1,do you know how they got away with it? You build that song as the game progresses, the instruments are used on other key game songs that give flavour to the main 6 characters of the history and the hype build from that and the non stop brakes of despair and uprising from 4 whole ingame chapters worth of 20 hour of gameplay do fucking pay off, half the game is dedicated on building the finale, and boy it's one of the hypest moments in gaming I ever experienced. The game averages 40-70 hours BTW, so 20 hours of build up do fucking matter for a JRPG.

Title defense might be pretty to hear, but it fails as a battle theme, let alone a final battle theme by all of this franchise conventions.
>>
>>30928788
Nigga I ain't reading all that autism
>>
>>30928788
To be fair, SG is about songs and the magic of song, it's kind of apples and oranges. Of course it's going to build the songs,because they are part of the plot.
>>
>>30928821
Your opinion is shit, you don't explain why the fuck title defense is good for its context.

It's a good remix of an intro.

But it fails as a battle theme.

Thats the thing, replay the song outside of the game, it's nice.

But in the game context, it's honestly quite shity.
>>
>>30928838
And the songs in Pokemon are not plot related most times, they are character related, and the MC is from Kanto, so it fits the MO of most trainer themes in Pokemon.
>>
>>30928838
Yep, that might as well be called Imagepoch swan song. Stella Glow was glorious. I set the bar too high here, it's hard to top the musical score and usage of it even if they share the platform and both are Japanese games.

But the Doom example applies, this is how you do a homage to a franchise career man, no the travesty we got with title defense theme.
>>
>>30904667
>actual difficulty

if youre shit at pokemon mabye
>>
How would you go about adding some Alola flavor it? It still needs to fit the MC.

Pulling from the other character themes would be too much, I'd say pull some elements from the routes and trial battles.
>>
>>30929038
I would have made a medley with both the main theme and welcome to alola with tribal drums and shit.
The game was hyping up the theme on route 10 so that disappointed me even more at the ending, the track stands of its own as a battle theme even by itself better than the main theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4QwSPQaIVA
Thread posts: 289
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.