[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

They are the mysterious and threatning beings from another dimension.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 4

File: Sun_Moon_Ultra_Beasts_artwork.png (540KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
Sun_Moon_Ultra_Beasts_artwork.png
540KB, 770x562px
They are the mysterious and threatning beings from another dimension. Still Pokemon but not from this world

They're dangerous and unpredictable

And yet there's no serious battles with them. You can catch them at full health with a single beast ball

What went wrong?
>>
>>30901729
>We need more screen time for Lillie and Lusamine.
>>
>>30901729
>We need more screen time for Hau being happy and shit
>>
>>30901777
Trips of truth
>>
>You can catch them at full health with a single beast ball
>They're dangerous and unpredictable

There you have it.
They specially engineered the balls to capture them quickly to minimize the risk of them breaking out and doing something dangerous and unpredictable.
You don't catch a lion with a butterfly net.
>>
>>30901837
But thats a game. If there is an easy way to capture them/defeat them then they're not a threat and are forgetable.

Simple as that
>>
>>30902091
Let's create Pokémon even stronger than Mega Fug and call it a threat. Metagame will love it!
>>
>>30901729
I love their designs

I just wish the story revolved around them more, pre-league was pretty boring story wise
>>
>>30902151
No, just give us a reason to battle it before capturing it
>>
>>30902151
well if they were like mega fug they would be banned outside of free battles good
>>
File: 1481414870976.png (252KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1481414870976.png
252KB, 1000x1000px
>they are no longer rock/posion; bug/fighting; electric; etc
>now they are Beast type
>gain STAB from all moves
>can't learn TMs
>are weak only to all Z-Moves
I fix'd them?
>>
>>30901729
If anything I was disappointed that Necrozma didn't actually appear at Ten Caret Hill. It clearly had a nice cinematic zoom to the center, and a lot of space to fit a model, but in the end they just have you meet it in wild grass.
>>
>Nihilego is the only UB you fight during the main story

Why?
>>
>>30902218
This >>30901777
>>
>>30902218
I saved right before Nihilego because I had no idea what I was getting into with it.

First go I didn't knock it out soon enough and it just 'disappears' or some shit. Bizarre.
>>
I have a suspicion that originally the plot wasn't going to involve Ultra Beasts. Like maybe the original idea was the Lusamine was obsessed with the box legendary, and she was experimenting on Cosmog to get it to evolve or call its parents, and maybe Type:Null was for batting it. This gives even more reason why the climax is at the Alter.

Then they decided to put their Ultra Beasts idea into the game, but didn't want to change the plot too much. So Lusamine is now obsessed with Nihilego, and she just wants Cosmog because it's an Ultra Beast that can open portals to Ultra Space, but she otherwise doesn't care about it. The hero and Lillie are the ones to go out and fully evolve Cosmog so they can get to Lusamine.

This is why only Nihilego gets any real appearance during the main story, while the rest of the UBs get shoved into a post-game quest. Probably someone came up with the idea of the UBs coming out and rampaging, but they didn't want to deviate from their outline of you fighting Lusamine at Aether Paradise to save Nebby, then chasing after her and finishing things at the Alter on Poni Island, so the other UBs only show up in a short cutscene to make things seem more serious, only to then disappear until post-game.

Solgaleo, Lunala, and Necrozma look more normal compared to other UBs because they were originally just going to be normal Pokemon, but were made into UBs so their plots weren't completely disconnected.
>>
>>30902520
Sounds good, but why would they add the UBs anyway?
Did they think it would be too similar to BW2's plot?
>>
>>30902520
Furthermore, Necrozma looks too different compared to the box legendaries.
Rayquaza, Giratina, Kyurem and Zygarde (poor thing) at least had some similar desings as the title pokemons.
>>
>>30901729
Lillie went wrong.

If not for her nagging and mommy issues taking over the whole game, we'd probably have more attention for the UBs.
>>
>>30902192
Cool, now how is Silvally supposed to kill them?

Right now Silvally can beat every single one of them with the right memory.
>>
>>30902520
Honestly? They probably reset development about halfway through. Think about it.

>Two years minimum development time
>Barely any alolan forms
>Empty lots
>Cut golf area
>Zero dungeons
>The volcano clearly had a cut section
>Barely any post game
>Terribly optimized engine
>Etc

But then think about the marketing
>First announcement
>It's fucking nothing.jpg
>First trailer
>Framework of a single bird
>Box art reveal!
>Box art is blocked out
They stalled for months before giving us real, solid information about the game and even then they dripfed us for a bit to make it seem like there was more going on. I think this because they literally were not ready to show us anything yet. But if SM was in development since XY then it had a full 3 years, then surely they would not have needed to stall and would have had more to show for it, unless something went wrong.
>>
>>30901729
Nothing at all.
>>
Because the game is obviously incomplete so that you buy Stars next year. I liked it but there is nothing about it with a satisfying resolution, not even Lillie despite all the screentime she got.
>>
>>30902953
>Mohn
>What happened to the ancient Cosmog?
>Necrozma
>Jurassic Park
>the empty slots on every city
>What's up with the Lake of the Sun/Moon?
>Why did the game made MC and Lillie feel like chosen ones if all they did was save Lusamine and Guzma?
>Zygarde
>Guzzlord
>>
Nihilego - Envy
Buzzwole - Pride
Kartana - Wrath
Phermosa - Lust
Guzzlord - Gluttony
Celesteela - Sloth
Xurkitree - Greed
>>
>>30902887
That or
>They made stars first
>They decided to make a quick buck by starting Gen 8 early instead of waiting for the switch to start
>removed a shit ton of content and details to make it even runable on 3DS, it doesn't have 3D because this game wasn't made on the 3DS to begin with
>Call them SM
And you know the rest.
>>
>>30902244

They seem to do that in their own dimension, too. They're weird.
>>
>>30902639

Zygarde looks nothing like Xerneas/Yveltal. It looks and acts like an Ultra Beast. It's a total outlier.
>>
>>30903707
Makes a lot of sense to me
>>
>>30903843
Yeah it does he corresponds with their Alphabet body structure
>>
The UB bossfights are Battlespot and VGC
>>
>>30903843
I only mean the 50% form.
And he still looks similar to Xerneas and Yveltal than Necrozma does to Solagaleo and Lunaala.
>>
File: 1472659556399.png (135KB, 288x415px) Image search: [Google]
1472659556399.png
135KB, 288x415px
>>30902218
>We don't team up with the Tapus to fend of the UBs
>We don't have a dialogue choice to convince Lillie to leave Lusamine in UltraSpace
>>
>>30903707
(You) - Faggot.

There are two on this list that make sense.
Next time you tell me water starters are weapons.
>>
>>30901729
>You can catch them at full health with a single beast ball
>What went wrong?
Nothing. The researchers and engineers of the Æther Foundation are simply great at what they do, and humanity's advances in technology allowed us to stay ahead of this menace.
>>
>>30905106
>Nothing.
How is this not important? It's like saying:
>Omg, Giratian spawned from nowhere
>Throws a special ball
>Catch it.
>Neither distortion world nor Last battle with Cyrus, because human's technology.
>>
>>30902686
Memories now have the capability of using a Z move based off of Multi-Attack. They can't use things like Breakneck Blitz or Bloom Doom, just this one move for Silvally.
>>
>>30905603
The masterball exists, you know, and if memory serves you find it in a team galactic location.

Cyrus just forgot it.
>>
Deoxys is a UB
>>
>>30903780
>>removed a shit ton of content and details to make it even runable on 3DS, it doesn't have 3D because this game wasn't made on the 3DS to begin with

except you know, the part of the game where you can use 3D during the poke finder

and the part where all the 3DS Pokemon games had 3D turned off permanently
>>
File: 1479517360795.jpg (117KB, 723x642px) Image search: [Google]
1479517360795.jpg
117KB, 723x642px
>>30905046
You're the faggot here.
>Nihilego is envy because it possesses people's bodies.
>Buzzwole is pride because it shows off its muscles.
>Pheromosa is lust because it can attract any pokemon according to lore.
>Xurkitree is greed because it steals electricity from the ground.
>Kartana is wrath because it cuts buildings in half.
>Celesteela is the only one that's a stretch, sloth because it attacks passively with leech seed and toxic sets?
>Guzzlord is gluttony, it eats buildings

tl;dr you're wrong, faggot
>>
Reminder that Pheromosa is only 5'11"

She is not tall bug waifu, she is of average height.
>>
>Oh fuck Ultra Beasts
>Shit, portals opening everywhere
>Only show one beast coming through and attacking
>No one acknowledges this event later
>Not even Hala who fought the damn thing
>And when Hapu does finally mention the UBs she goes "oh lol yeah that was crazy but the beast is gone now so it's ok never mind all that"
>Only real UB in the main story is Nihilego
>All other UBs (aka the cool ones) are relegated to postgame content only
Motherfucker why does GameFreak always waste their potential SO FUCKING MUCH
At least make the other beasts show up in the story as bosses you can't catch, and then only become catchable in postgame once you have Beast Balls. Makes the threat feel much more real, as opposed to NONEXISTENT.
>>
>>30902192
>literally just Shadow Pokémon
>>
>>30905875
This is not my point.
It would be disappointing , if you can just catch Giratina in 10 sec. without interesting stuffs, right?
It's the same case here. I have no problem you can easily catch the UBs, but give us something exciting before we can catch them.
>>
>>30905794
Or we could just ditch the memories and had z crystals change it's type
>>
>>30906315
But then Game Freak would be forced to include all the Z-Crystals in all subsequent games containing Silvally, as opposed to keeping the door open to drop them. After all, no forms or stat changes are tied to Z-Crystals--only moves, which can and do get added and dropped between generations.
>>
Uncatchable Totem versions of the UBs are going to be sub-bosses in the new dungeon in Stars.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.