[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went so wrong? She has too few artworks even for a Champion,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 6

What went so wrong? She has too few artworks even for a Champion, and Pixiv is a joje when finding for one.
>>
nobody likes audrey hepburn
>>
>>30896065
She's uncool.

No charisma.

Bland.

Unlike our goddess Cynthia.

Say Audrey Hepburn all ya want, but she does not give that strong of a vibe so it's easy to dissociate that.
>>
Is this a fan character?
>>
bad sugimori art
>>
>>30896065
Has effectively 0 role in the story.
Thus, has next-to-no character or personality.
Thus, nobody gets attached to her.
Thus, shit fanart pool.
Valerie, Olympia (for some deeper reasons), and... what's-her-face-Vilvillon-chick all suffer from this.
>>
>>30896065
Looks like a guy. Even Lysandre looks more feminine than her.
>>
File: 1470912927027.jpg (152KB, 850x1003px) Image search: [Google]
1470912927027.jpg
152KB, 850x1003px
>>30896166
>what's-her-face-Vilvillon-chick

Viola at least had a neat gym and it was nice to see Surskit. You're right about Diantha, there was never any reason to care about her at all which is exactly the wrong thing to do with a champion.
>>
File: Diantha.png (446KB, 450x716px) Image search: [Google]
Diantha.png
446KB, 450x716px
>>30896085
>>30896086
bad taste anon
>>30896247
bad meme anon
>>30896166
Only reasonable post here but I'm willing to argue that most Pokemon characters, no matter how many times they appear out of the blue or help the protag (ie a few sentences of wisdom or by giving them an item like our friend Cynthia or Alder), all have pretty bad writing.

Diantha got the worst of it because Gen 6 was boring and poorly written as a whole.
>>
stupid hair

wwwwwwww
>>
File: 805530b53dcdc1738ae21ec558788d86.jpg (757KB, 842x1000px) Image search: [Google]
805530b53dcdc1738ae21ec558788d86.jpg
757KB, 842x1000px
>>30896450
>(ie a few sentences of wisdom or by giving them an item like our friend Cynthia or Alder), all have pretty bad writing.

You're not wrong, but most of the time they at least give you a little snapshot of what kind of their character, it gives them a little personality. Diantha was incredibly flat and bland, and it wasn't helped that I think she must show up the least over the course of the game of any champ so far.

I like her design just fine, but even amongst XY's cast she was incredibly forgettable as a character (would it have killed them to show us a little bit of her movies or something?)
>>
>>30896518
>Diantha was incredibly flat and bland, and it wasn't helped that I think she must show up the least over the course of the game of any champ so far.

When will this meme end? She shows about the same time as Cynthia in DP ffs.
>>
Diantha had a lot of potential. Wasn't she an actress or some other kind of celebrity? They should have given her more recurring appearances.

In between Shauna wanting hard cock and apocalyptic shit going down hard with Team Flare, the one time you meet her is a complete afterthought.
>>
>>30896562
Then she was even more forgettable than Cynthia was in those appearances (and thats a pretty low bar thats been set)
>>
>>30896065
She just doesn't do anything. She's fine as a character but she shows up what, twice? You can't expect to make a Champion in the same style as Cynthia but have her appear and do way less and expect her to be as well received.

If she had a reason to be involved or at least invested in the story it would have been fine.
>>
>>30896065
Remember that one time you thought she was connected to team flare because 'muh beauty standards' and she just happens to be an actress?
>>
>>30896065
She has no personality in the game.
>>
>>30896803
Seeing as the game gave little to nothing to go on other than that she was an actress and we met her in an upscale bistro, I just want to know; was she supposed to be a classy chick? Because if she was, why was she walking around in shorts and fairy wings?

>>30896364
Holy crap. It's Tapu Lele v. 1.0
>>
I think in the manga she at least fought with one of the elite four and tried to save them or something and in the anime she did a few things but yeah, Game Diantha was a shitty champion, at least Iris did shit back in black and white 1 and had a flashback to becoming champ in 2 and Alder fought and jobbed to N
>>
>>30896673
xy didn't get a platinum version to fix how shit the original dp actually were though.
>>
>>30896803
That didn't stop Red in gen 2.
>>
>>30896065
>She
>Diantha
que?
>>
She has no personality, almost don't appears in the game, don't help to stop team flare and is probably the weakest champion in the entire franchise.
>>
>>30896518
>and it wasn't helped that I think she must show up the least over the course of the game of any champ so far.
By the time I'd reached her at the pokemon league, I had actually forgotten she'd shown up in the game prior to that point. Thought it was cool that GF went back to the older days of not foreshadowing/hying up the champ. Nope. Turns out they just made literally the least memorable one yet.
>>
>>30896065
she´s not a little girl
>>
>>30896065
>and Pixiv is a joje when finding for one.
is that a reference of some sort?
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.