[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Day 3: This fucker still refuses to give me my destiny knot.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: 20161219_075508.jpg (4MB, 2335x3252px) Image search: [Google]
20161219_075508.jpg
4MB, 2335x3252px
Day 3: This fucker still refuses to give me my destiny knot. It fails to understand that I won't let it evolve until it does so, as it's been begging me to let it evolve for the past 30 levels now.

Anyone else having this much of an RNG curse? because neither of those numbers were hyperbole. Yes, I know I can buy one with enough BP, but at this point I'm adamant about getting one simply out of spite.
>>
Just buy one, idiot.
>>
>>30895913
You're doing it wrong. I got a destiny knot within one hour

Use the GTS to get a team of 5 pick up meowths so they're easy to grind up to the 50s. If you're just using one then of course you're going to get RNG fucked much harder
>>
>>30895956
to be honest, I've known this, but I'm trying to use it while i'm grinding up pokemon to fill up my pokedex... I never figured it'd be this long before the game took pity on me with just the one.
>>
>>30895913
>only using one Pickup Pokemon at a time

I'm sure you should get your Destiny Knot in about a couple months, OP.
>>
>>30895974
ah i see. well it's worth the effort to get 5 at any rate, even to use them later to get another destiny knot for trade bait or some stones/pp ups
>>
I believe in u OP. I used two meowths and got one within about 4 or 6 hours all up.

Wishin you good luck my friend
>>
>>30896009
Weird thing is, I'm almost at the point of pokedex filling that the pokemon I need left are just eggs. You know, once I get lucky enough to find a few dusk stones... and find a razor claw off of the fighting dragon line. And figure out how I want to handle porygon... okay so maybe not THAT close, but it's in the 90% range.
>>
Got a whole team of Meowths for the inevitable slog in finding a Destiny Knot
Very first item found was a Destiny Knot
Then the RNG curse gets with with other things instead
>>
>>30896090
That stuff is pretty easy if you can just get ahold of one of the item+trade evos on the gts. then you just chain them all. same with the babies.
>>
>>30896090
Stones are pretty easy to farm in Pelago.
I'm sitting on a dozen of each.
>>
>>30896164
Yeah, that's how I got my second dawn stone... I refuse to use the first one because it was supposed to be Guzma's memento. In fact I got that right now... and the sun pokedex entry for froslass is really dejavu inducing.
>>
>not having your main and then 5 Meowth/Lillipup
Amateur hour.
>>
>>30896120
>Destiny
I have had absolutely insane luck in my game. I'm sitting on five Destiny Knots, didn't even know they were rare. Found a Bagon first step on route 3. Found a Dhelmise on my first cast. Found two razor claws while catching the Jangmo-o line. Stufful is the only thing that took me forever.
>>
>>30898155
>Not having pickuppers as your mains
at least before they removed the level scaling
>>
Update, I've got 3 meowths with me, and none of them really feel like they're pulling their weight...

On the plus side, Ash-Greninja is almost at level 100 so I can finally hyper train it with 5 out of my seven regular bottle caps... or just the one gold one. I'll bet it doesn't even matter that it has a shit nature... at least not in the battle tree or whatever.
>>
>>30895913
All the time you are wasting with this, you could be farming BP at battle royal
>>
>>30899080
Hey, I'm being productive! I'm trying to fill out the pokedex in the meantime.
>>
>>30895913
i'm chaining for HA sableye without success
>>
>>30898223
Same
>Ash greninja was timid
>Found shiny ariados during gameplay
>Hatched shiny rowlet while trying to get a good nature for the future HA
>Got shiny honedge after 60 eggs
>Got 2 thicc bones in a row (one for a friend)
>Light clay second encounter

It took a fuckton to get a razor claw tho, something like 25-30 SOS mons
>>
>>30899507
d-delet this
>>
>>30899546
If it makes you feel better, I always struggle trying to get the right nature on my bred mons, maybe I should take a look at those Breeding RNG threads
>>
>>30899593
An everstone passes down a nature.
>>
>>30899780
I know, the problem is getting the right nature first tho, it took 2 hours in total with pichu, A-Raichu better be worth it
>>
>>30899800
why not just get a male pokemon with the nature you want from the same egg group?
>>
>>30899804
Honestly I should just get a bunch of synchronize Abras
And (not) WT the useless ones :^)
>>
I caught three Pickup Meowth. After maybe two hours of battling, when they were around Level 40, I found two Destiny Knots simultaneously.
>>
>>30895913
>not just doing battle royales
Come on anon, you'll be doing that regardless and it's purely RNG, so you can use your ingame team and some luck just fine. You even get a really cool battle style as a reward.
>>
>>30900193
I mean, I won using a team of ultra beasts once, that was pretty nice, but like I said, i'm doing it out of spite at this point... also I'd like to save my BP for things like scouting and choice items and stuff.
>>
>>30896090
Razor Claw was fun. I skipped the step where you get Compound Eyes. I just forgot it existed.

Speaking of, any point in Sticky Hold or Suction Cups anymore?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.