[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it ok that the main line games feature no end game content

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4

File: 665555666.png (236KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
665555666.png
236KB, 540x304px
How is it ok that the main line games feature no end game content at all anymore?
Are we going to have to wait for a gen 4 remake to get anything done?
>>
Nah, they'll cut that too.
>>
>>30891791
It's not okay, but I can understand why Gamefreak does it even if their reasoning is complete and utter shit.
>>
Can't wait for them to completely cut the post game island from the gen 4 remakes and leave a model of what it would look like just to spite us.
>>
>>30891791
Who cares if it has no post game? As long as the main game is long enough, who cares.
>>
>>30892080
But Sun and Moon weren't that long either
>>
>>30891791

There are two types of Pokemon players.

A. The casuals who beat the main story then put the game down.

B. The hardcore competitive players.

Neither group cares about "post-game content", because the first won't bother with it, and the latter are battling online.
>>
>>30891791
When there's already so much to explore and do after beating the mainline, why would you need a specifically set post game story?
Then it wouldn't be post game anymore, it'd still be game
>>
Red/Green's only post-game content was Cerulean Cave with Mewtwo.

Gold/Silver had the vast majority of (an admittedly somewhat stripped-down) Kanto after beating the Champion, but it feels like a really sizable post-game, probably because the main game is fairly small in comparison to other games.

Ruby/Sapphire had Latios/Latias+Southern Island, the Sky Pillar with Rayquaza, the S.S. Tidal, and the Battle Tower.

Diamond/Pearl had a ton of areas like Snowpoint Temple, Sendoff Spring+Turnback Cave, Fullmoon Island, the Battle Park+Battle Tower, the Fight Area, Survival Area, and Resort Area, the second half of Victory Road, Routes 224-230, Pal Park, Stark Mountain, and the event areas of Newmoon Island, Seabreak Path+Flower Paradise, and the Hall of Origin.

Black/White had the right side of the region left to explore.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Appendix:Red_and_Blue_walkthrough
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Appendix:Gold_and_Silver_walkthrough
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Appendix:Ruby_and_Sapphire_walkthrough
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Appendix:Diamond_and_Pearl_walkthrough
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Appendix:Black_and_White_walkthrough
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Appendix:X_and_Y_walkthrough

I think one of the reasons Gen IV is so well-received is that all its games have a ridiculous amount of post-game content.
>>
>>30891791
>feature no endgame content at all
So fucking ungrateful. I'm 110 hours into the game and I haven't even stepped foot into the Battle Tree yet.
>>
>>30892594
It's sad that DP has the best postgame of the start of a generation but it gets absolutely no respect
>>
>>30891791
Honestly I think that what people really want is for them to just cut the game in half and call the second half postgame. At least from what I've seen on /vp/.
>>
>>30891940
Don't give them ideas.
>>
>It happens after you beat the E4 so it must be postgame

No. To be postgame requires an element of replayability.
>>
>>30892430
Pretty sure there's a middle-ground to that you're ignoring.
>>
>>30892648
>Honestly I think that what people really want is for them to just cut the game in half and call the second half postgame

AKA what Gen 2 did
>>
>>30892632
Same here.
>>
>>30891791
Yeah there is no excuse

And this was supposed to be the annivesary game to begin with. They've spent more time doing it than usual aswell

Lets face it post game in Pokemon is dead. Its just an extra hour and then the smallest possible battle facility
>>
>>30892682
Which in Pokemon is training your pokemon, battling and tradeing with other people
>>
>>30892701
SM was developed over only two years while XY was three.
>>
>>30892708
Look how smart you are but for some reason you forgot what did we have in gen 4 or 5
>>
>>30891791
Honestly it feels like this has enough to remain pretty amusing even after finishing the main story. I'm enjoying the Pelago, Plaza, and trading a lot still.
>>
>>30892682
>postgame is not post-game
>>
>>30892713
SM was three aswell, Ohmori said so
>>
>>30892643
It also has a huge amount of Pokémon available. Without any help, it's possible to get 357/493 Pokémon. With trading between Diamond and Pearl, in-game events (no plain distributions), and dual-slot mode (but no Pal Park), it's possible to get 441/493 Pokémon, 442 if you count the Mew from Ranch. It's just a shame that you needed the GBA games to get Tangrowth, Electivire, Magmortar, their evolution lines, Tropius, and Regigigas.
>>
>>30892713

They start on the next gen before the current one is even released.

>XY started development a few months before BW were released
>SM started development a few months before XY were released
>Gen 8 is in development as we speak
>>
>>30891791
Only HGSS had "end game content", so it's hardly "not ok". The exception isn't the rule.
>>
>>30892830
Dont tell me you're that dumb
>>
>>30892830
HGSS had an exact copypaste of Platinum's endgame. Emerald still has the best Battle Frontier though
>>
>>30892784
>Probably the legendary boxes already were choose
>>
>>30892080
>As long as the main game is long enough, who cares.

What the fuck kind of logic is this? I've put like 120 hours into Moon and I'm already ripping my hair out from boredom. Meanwhile I put like 600 into White 2 and only stopped because the new gen came out.
>>
>>30891791
Hmm the main game is pretty long but there's no game after the game? Dropped.

This is you. You sound dumb.
>>
>>30892856
Agreed. I miss the battle pyramid. That was fun.
>>
>>30891791
>Are we going to have to wait for a gen 4 remake to get anything done?
That's when they started cutting it so don't count on it.
>>
>>30892932
It's the anon that thinks content is a bad thing.
Just ignore him
>>
>>30891791

Because the main game (AKA the story content) has been getting longer.
>>
>>30892944
>the main game is pretty short but there's no replayability? Dropped.
Ftfy
It's a video game not a book.
>>
>>30892991
Via cutscenes.
The only game as of late to have a decent amount of content was ORAS due to things that were in the originals like bases and content.
They're actively thinning the games now.
>>
>>30892846
How am i wrong?

>>30892856
A copy AND an entire region to explore, albeit more empty than the usual region.
>>
>>30892643
That's because it runs like ass. It's also the sole reason why difficulty is so utterly nerfed.

Honestly I would love to see a remake just to scrub out all of the annoying shit present in the game.
>>
>>30892643
DP doesn't get any respect because it's postgame was ass.
It was just a small island to explore with nothing of worth on it.

Then there's the fact that every other piece of content sucked ass because it was a downgrade from the previous one.
>>
>>30893035
>A copy AND an entire region to explore, albeit more empty than the usual region.
Just a reminder, a facility that has been copied over and nostalgia don't make for good postgame content.

Most people had already completed the BF in Plat because it was so easy and as for Kanto, there's next to nothing there that we haven't seen before.
>>
>>30893114
So literally no game in the series has good postgame. I'm glad we agree.
>>
>>30891791
>no end game content

So I guess

>battle tree
>looker quest
>Pokedex
>captain/kahuna rematches
>restaurant battles
>online play

Are just meaningless because your meme battle frontier didn't show up
>>
>>30893136
No.
BW2, Emerald and Plat say hello.
In the case of Plat it was the BF in name only as it shared only two facilities with Emerald. On top of that it gave the island some worth by adding rematches to it.
For Emerald the Frontier was extremely diverse and provided different formats and progression with each facility.
And for BW2, in addition to the new areas to explore there was also the maze like white tree hollow/black tower, the PWT which contrary to what you mash believe was more than just legacy trainers, legitimate rewards for finishing the dex such as the charms and ability to access the reserve.

And that's not even going into the side content like contests, pokestar and join avenue.
>>
>>30893164
Just a tower
Not even as interesting as or long as previous looker quests or mon hunts.
Literally in every game.
Eh.
Worse than XY
In every game since DP

So cutting that down you have a short looker quest, a tower and a few one time rematches that are more than likely going to be way too easy for the player if they left them to the end of the game.
That's not a lot.
>>
This is why Pokken is the future.
>>
>>30893255
The DLC just needs to happen
>>
>>30893199
>say hello
And they say goodbye right back.
Emerald literally has nothing else except the Frontier. "Battle facility and that's it" is not good postgame. Not even new areas to unlock other than the small caves where you find Groudon and Kyogre.

Platinum has a smaller Frontier than Emerald and an island that doesn't really have anything interesting other than Heatran that you can fully explore in 1 hour.

BW2 has PWT which isn't even long to complete, another BT clone in the Subway, a tree that is very easy and short, and the missing zones in the region which now hold no real importance and take no time to traverse. Not as bad as BW1's though.

Pokemon postgame is shit.
>>
>>30892957
Gen 4 had a heap of post game content, what are you on about?
>>
I got 120 hours out of Sun, although most of that was filling out the dex and riding Tauros in circles which doesn't really count as a postgame. Still, for a $40 game it's not bad. At this point I'm not expecting another Emerald or Platinum to come along and compel me to play for 500 hours; the designers have clearly stepped away from that model and expect battle spot to take the place of the frontiers for people who're into breeding and battling.
>>
>>30891791
>postgame
Pokemon never had good postgame. There were some little diversions, some large yet empty ass extra areas, and some short quests. A good postgame in an rpg looks like Battle Network 3's, a secret area with a bunch of hidden stuff and things to invest time into, heavily buffed bosses and enemies, many, many things extra to explore in the undernet and areas you are given the tools to access all throughout the game, and a general sense that it really was just a fun yet satisfying (a key point) bonus. Pokemon may nail the fun part but it's often very shallow and unsatisfying in the end.
>>
>>30893398
The problem with Pokemon is the way the battle system is designed, they haven't really changed it since the beginning. Take Final Fantasy for example, it went from turn based to ATB gauges, to cooldowns, and now what's essentially real time.

Pokemon ironically hasn't evolved.
There isn't anything fun about it outside of the story, and honestly even those are getting old and boring.

Even looking at Kingdom Hearts, that game had a battle system equipped to have fun post game shit that was actually challenging to an extent. There were collecting quests, there were worlds with quirks and minigames. But in pokemon what do we have? we have battling and only battling. The minigames are fucking trash.

>>30893255
it really is.
>>
>>30893496
Aye. Ironically enough, I agree on your points but disagree in that I still enjoy the game enough to continue. I'm getting old though, games in general are having less luster as opposed to sleep.
>>
>>30892430

What do I do if I'm neither of those?
>>
>>30893284
>It's another postgames were always shit meme
>>
File: 1386377341528.png (6KB, 252x249px) Image search: [Google]
1386377341528.png
6KB, 252x249px
You lot are never going to be satisfied, are you? I really don't get how you can go "it's just a battle facility, it's bad" followed by "but this had SEVEN battle facilities so it's good" in the same breath.

I miss the Battle Frontier too but come on. It's still mostly building up a streak while fighting the AI. I do sometimes wish they would at least bring the Battle Factory back tho.

I personally think SM's post game was pretty good. Interesting extra story bits that resolved a loose end from the main story and you hunt down some legends. That's pretty much all I've ever asked of a most Pokemon post-games.

Character rematches were also good. And even if the Battle Tree is just a tower, it's at least the best looking tower I've seen to date with some cool legacy trainers hanging around.

>>30893554
>I'm getting old though, games in general are having less luster as opposed to sleep.

I know this feel. Honestly Pokemon is one of the few games that grabs my attention and really gets me hooked these days. Kind of a bummer really.
>>
>>30893656
Calling it a meme doesn't make it any less true, fag.
>>
>>30893878
>Calling it a meme doesn't make it any less true

well i wouldn't be surprised, in this context. /pol/ managed to truly meme Trump into office.
>>
>>30891791
>actually playing as the male
Are you insecure about your sexuality OP? Do you enjoy watching boybutts through the whole game play?
>>
>>30892430
Don't forget about me, C, who plays for the exploration!
>>
>>30893284
Emerald had Gym Leader rematches as well as loads of regular trainer rematches. Not to forget the Steven battle, extra Safari Zone area, Contests Paintings, 2 sets of symbols to collect, and events like the clearence sale and the Blend Master. While still being able to go catch Rayquaza, Kyogre, Groudon and the Regis, and getting one of the Johto starters for completing the Hoenn dex. There is so much to do in Emeralds post game.

Either there is something horribly wrong with the general memory of the average /vp/ user, or you're just too underage to properly remember.
>>
>>30892091
Bullshit. It took me like 50 hours to get through.

Maybe if you don't talk to NPCs, don't try to catch everything and don't change your team every now and then, but you can rush through any Pokémon game if you play that way.

>>30892682
Okay, so the only Pokémon games with a postgame are Emerald, Platinum, BW2 and HG/SS?
>>
Besides BW2, I really don't think any of the games had better post game than SM.
People really overblow what Emerald and Platinum offered.
>>
>>30894027
no, i have friends and family who'd honestly get weirded out if they saw my character was a little girl fashioned to hell and backon my already pink 3ds
>>
>>30891791
>RGBY
>RS
>DP
>XY
>SM
All of these has no real postgame. See something in common? None of them are remakes or third versions. The first games of a generation, barring GS and BW, never feature any real postgame. Only remakes and third versions do. For the first game, GF just wants to give you a good main game.
This is why ORAS were unforgivable. They lacked postgame despite being remakes.
>>
>>30894097
Wow 30 minutes of fighting people i've already beat and other 20 of catching legendaries. Super nice postgame.
>>
>>30894547
>>
>>30892594
I remember when I first went to sendoff spring and saw girantina in the cave. I felt incredible because I didn't use the internet. Too bad we won't have another cave like that again
>>
>>30891791
>please help Nebby he's getting killed!!
> =^)
>>
>>30894129
wildly incorrect
>>
We've been spoiled by platinum

In reality a good 80% of the games have almost no endgame content at all
>>
>>30892430
I'm B and I put the game immediately after beating the elite four. The whole ending felt like a chore. I'll just stick to showdown for another generation. Thanks gamefreak!
>>
>>30894522
Or sequels for that matter. I dont think GameFreak will ever do third installments ever again simply because they really don't sell at all. A sequel however like b/w 2 is something they might do again. We can only hope that this stars game is a sequel to s/m
>>
>>30891791
>Are we going to have to wait for a gen 4 remake to get anything done?
Don't hold your breath, anon. I'm hoping it at least has the event islands and postgame battle area. A Looker mission will also happen after the credits. I doubt BF will ever return, though.
>>
>>30891791
Everytime i come up with this topic people will get apeshit crazy.

>they want stuff to be regon exclusive

Yea, great fucking argument to just leave out post game completely and hope that peolpe will replay the game. Sun and Moon has no replayability, since you are not allowed to explore before you´ve finished the main story line of the game.

I havent even finished Sun and Moon yet, because there is absolutely no reason to play it.
>>
>>30894160
you're an idiot
>>
File: GIGA-WRECKER.jpg (62KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
GIGA-WRECKER.jpg
62KB, 460x215px
>>30891791
gamefreak are probably just fucking sick of making pokemon games at this point, they just want to make other games but can't bring themselves to cut themselves loose of the cash cow.
>>
>>30893878
Or it isn't true.
>>
>>30895247
>mfw """"""""""leakers""""""""""" thinking gigareki was a pokemon
>>
>>30893090
>because its postgame was ass
>It was just a small island to explore with nothing of worth on it
The Battle Zone had
>Route 225
>Route 226
>Route 227
>Route 228
>Route 229
>Route 230
>Fight Area
>Survival Area
>Resort Area
>Stark Mountain
>Battle Park
>Battle Tower

That's like a pretty big chunk of the region, and it gives you access to a ton of pre-Gen IV Pokémon, Heatran, more difficult trainers, and the Battle Tower. Not to mention that the rest of Sinnoh has multiple locations open up like Rotom appearing in the Old Chateau, Cresselia roaming after you go to Fullmoon Island, Snowpoint Temple being open with Regigigas at the bottom, Sendoff Spring which takes you to Turnback Cave where Giratina resides, Pal Park opens up if you want to transfer Pokémon from your GBA games, the second half of Victory Road becomes accessible and it leads you to Route 224, the point of which is to lead to Shaymin at the Flower Paradise and Seabreak Path, while Darkrai can be found at Newmoon Island, and Arceus is at the Spear of Pillar after it becomes the Hall of Origin. And the Poké Radar, dual-slot mode, swarms, Super Rod, updated Underground/Trophy Garden/Great Marsh lets you almost TRIPLE the size of your Sinnoh Dex.

The only post-game prior that could possibly compare was Gold and Silver.
>>
>>30893284

Name a game, any game, with more postgame content than HGSS and BW2. I'll wait.

You are a spoiled little cunt.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.