[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>first and second movie averaged $150 million >Johto movies

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: Pokémon_movie_2016.png (675KB, 460x651px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon_movie_2016.png
675KB, 460x651px
>first and second movie averaged $150 million
>Johto movies averaged almost $40 million
>Hoenn movies averaged $33 million
>Sinnoh movies averaged $52 million
>Unova movies averaged $45 million
>Kalos movies averaged fucking $22 million, with M19 being the lowest grossing movie ever

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>30889730

Every single Pokemon Movie since has the same formula

- Literal who villain appears and wants to capture -MYTHICAL POKEMON-

- Ash somehow ends up on the same place

- Ash and -MYTHICAL POKEMON- team up to save the day

- Showcase of fan-favorite Pokemon

Not creative at all
>>
File: 16 - 1.gif (412KB, 213x213px) Image search: [Google]
16 - 1.gif
412KB, 213x213px
people are losing interest in the anime because it lacks character and continuity

i mean XYZ was cool and all but there's no substance to it. you know the outcome.
>>
>>30889799
This. Now Marshadow is the only Mythical left.
>>
>>30889730
With the dawn of the internet, the common opinion is that Ash is boring and a bad trainer and that Red is the best of all time and infallible. It's why Origins was so popular in the States and that the Manga is thrown around as being great (even if these people don't read it but it has Red so it makes them happy.)
>>
>>30889730
B O R I N G, I R R E L E V A N T M Y T H I C A L S
>>
>>30889730
>Johto movies averaged almost $40 million
>Hoenn movies averaged $33 million
>Sinnoh movies averaged $52 million
>Unova movies averaged $45 million
>Kalos movies averaged $22 million

Looks like they just bob up and down a bit in the same rough area.

Also, despite that $40 for Johto, M5 is the third lowest grossing movie ever.
>>
20th movie
>>
>>30889852
This is primarily an American opinion, and the movies aren't aimed at that audience.
Japan likes Ash.
>>
>>30889799
It's just weird that it didn't happen sooner. Everyone seems to hate the BW movies but they still did a lot better than the XY movies.
>>
>>30889730
People don't go to the theater any more
>>
>>30889900
>This is primarily an American opinion, and the movies aren't aimed at that audience.
>Japan likes Ash.

The OP uses dollars, so I was assuming that he was talking about the American interest. I don't know jack shit about how the movies did in Japan so I can't really talk.
>>
>>30889965
The movies didn't gross anything in America because they were never in theaters. TPCi has treated them as "extra long episodes of the TV series" for the longest time.

So no, these are either Japanese numbers or total worldwide numbers.
>>
>>30890004
I didn't even realize that the movies aired in theaters in other countries. In my defense, this could also be a major opinion in European countries as well to some extent. American opinions spreading around on the internet would probably spread easily to any other English speaking countries so that might be a factor.
>>
>>30889730
Well, the Diancie's movie was boring like... I don't know, but it was very boring and the Hoopa's one was a terrible and predictable attempt of fanservice. I kinda understand why they were so unpopular in Japan.
>>
>>30890067
They get theatrical releases in Korea still, with proper marketing campaigns, celebrity guest voices, popular pop singers singing new theme songs and all that stuff you'd expect.

TPCi has damaged the anime brand so hard in the west there's no way they could do something like that there now.
>>
>>30890067
I think they have only aired in japanese theaters since the 6 movie or so. Maybe in Taiwan, China, Korea or other asian countries as well, I don't know.

I remember one of the Victini movies airing in american theaters for a while, but that was a special case.
>>
>>30889730
The movies have been bad from the start.
They follow a formula, and status quo never changes so its basically just a normal episode that is longer. Animation is better than a typical episode, but still nothing of note.
>>
>>30890124
>TPCi has damaged the anime brand so hard in the west there's no way they could do something like that there now.

If Korea has been doing that shit ever since the end of Kanto, then yeah, there's no way the Pokemon anime will ever be taken seriously here again unless it gets completely rebooted.
>>30890160
>Taiwan China and Korea

If those are the only countries that air the movies in theaters and that's what the OP refers to then I really don't know what to say.
>>
>>30890205
What did you think he talked about? DVD sales?
>>
>>30889799

The Kyurem movie didn't have that going on.

Hoopa's didn't either.
>>
Why were the DP movies so popular?
>>
>>30890265
Gen 4 was much more popular than gen 3 in general, and one of the big draw of the movies is exclusive theatrical event Pokemon
>>
>>30890265
Have you seen them? They're actually pretty good with the Darkrai one being my fav personally. I also like how 3 of the 4 ended up being a trilogy.
>>
>>30890265
None of the legendary Pokemon tried to fuck Ash.
>>
>>30890315
Gen 4 was less popular than Gen 1, Gen 2, or Gen 3 Internationally and had lower viewership- only in Japan was it received better.
>>
>>30890420
Neither the gen 3 nor the gen 4 movies were in theaters internationally, so that's pretty irrelevant.
>>
>>30890253
Yeah, that's what I thought.
>>
>>30889874
> they just bob up and down a bit in the same rough area.
30 Million dollars is not the same area.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.