[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>One of the better soundtracks of the franchise >Maybe

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 83
Thread images: 7

File: SUN MOON.jpg (300KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
SUN MOON.jpg
300KB, 1200x630px
>One of the better soundtracks of the franchise

>Maybe the best starters

>Excelent legendaries

>First gen to add legendaries that can evolve

>An incredible story that easily can surpass BW
How could everything went so good?
>>
>>30888437
>Maybe the best starters
Uhhh
>>
You forgot about the return of Apricorn Balls. But yeah, Sun and Moon are pretty amazing.
>>

More like an incredible story that's just as good as BW. If it did a couple of different things, then it would surpass it by miles.
>>
>>30888457
OP said maybe

leave that up to personal preference
>>
>can't press start to skip the waifufaggotry
>>
It's good but it has its flaws.

>PSS replaced by shittier online which is mostly dependent on luck and grinding for coins
>small region with less exploration
>less pokemon variety than gen 6
>removing battle types because game freak can't into optimization
>sos battles
>>
>>30888468
How? BW is literally just N: the story.
>inb4 muh Lillie
While Lillie is of course, also the main focus, at least they also give the spotlight to other characters at times. BW did literally none of this except that one part where Bianca is being a bitch because of her dad.
>>
>>30888437
>the BW has a good story meme

Wew
>>
>>30888437
>legendaries that can evolve
>good
fucking kill yourself
>>
File: Prima oh shit.png (216KB, 540x513px) Image search: [Google]
Prima oh shit.png
216KB, 540x513px
>>30888781

>it may be innovative and make you feel the bond between trainer and pokemon

If you kill yourself first
>>
>>30888583

>PSS replaced by system that makes it easy to casually pull free money and items out of your ass
>Condensed region with a lot of character instead of just a bunch of routes thrown in every direction
>Adequate blend of old and new Pokemon
>Removing boring battle types that most of the population didn't like
>World's easiest shiny and IV farming method

It's all a matter of perspective. Give me SM any day.
>>
>>30888437
I disagree with all of these points except the fourth and the second half of the fifth, neither of which being impressive metrics of quality.
>>
>>30888781

What an interesting and compelling argument
>>
Lillie sucks
>>
>>30888839
>feel the bond
it's a video game not real life
besides it makes getting a living dex and shiny living dex much worse
>>
>>30888844
>World's easiest shiny and IV farming method
It's not even the easiest in this fucking game.
>>
>>30888437
>Maybe the best starters

The game is cool and all OP, but you know that's a lie
>>
>>30888747
And N: The story is pretty good for what it is. Bianca and Cheren weren't really good characters until BW2. But a lot of other elements and characters, such as Alder, were fantastic.

And Sun and Moon did really well with a lot of their characters. I love pretty much everyone. But the focus is a little too heavy on Lillie. There should have been some more screen time with Gladion and his Type: Null/Silvally (At least a scene where Silvally evolves) More should have been done with Colress (Not MAIN BIG BAD FINAL BOSS type of stuff, but he should have at least been working with the Aether foundation) and more scenes with the Ultra Beasts and the Tapus. If there was at least another scene where a Tapu, say Bulu, was fighting UB- 04, it would have given more stakes.
>>
>>30888911

>Maybe

>MAYBE

i think third gen are way better
>>
>>30888911
The only bad one is the cat
>>
>>30888911

They aren't great, but they're lightyears ahead of 4th and 5th Gen in usefulness and appearance.
>>
>>30888437
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: Incineroar.jpg (91KB, 1024x717px) Image search: [Google]
Incineroar.jpg
91KB, 1024x717px
>>30888978

we all wanted a fucking cuadruped and instead we got that abomination
>>
>>30888844
>PSS replaced by system that makes it easy to casually pull free money and items out of your ass
It's good once you get everything set up. Too bad getting there is a pain in the ass.

>Adequate blend of old and new Pokemon
So did Gen VI which also had a larger selection. And there's no way to get Pokemon not in the Alola Dex without transferring.
>>
>>30888437
The starters were pretty alright, would have been the best if this ol' boy had replaced the furbait.
>>
>>30888747
>N the story

N didn't even show up very much compared to Lillie or Zinnia
>>
>>30888437
What an incredibly story, it barely has anything to do with Pokemon.
>>
>>30888747
>While Lillie is of course, also the main focus, at least they also give the spotlight to other characters at times. BW did literally none of this except that one part where Bianca is being a bitch because of her dad.

Did we even play the same games? Your waifufaggotry is making you blind.
>>
>>30889144

>N literally every other step in Unova

How quickly kids forget
>>
>>30889096
Getting a it autsitic
>N after the 6th gym

~1400 words

>End of the game
~2500

>Lillie at route 1

~1000 words

I would compare it all, but Bulbapedia doesn't have all of her lines yet
>>
>>30889162
>N actually challenged you for battles in a Pokemon game
>>
>>30889144
You literally can't even finish a route without that fuccboi showing up, saying some dumbass shit, shaking his head like a retard, saying some more dumbass shit, and then leaving like an autist.
>>30889096
This is just straight up false, Zinnia only shows up for like a 20-30 minute postgame.
>>
>>30889253
All together she says more than 3000 words according to bulbpadedia
>>
>>30889253
So you admit that you tolerate Lillie but not N because you're a waifufag.

I won't even get into the fact that Lillie's plot has nothing to do with Pokemon while N not only challenged you, but he actually followed his ideals by using a different team every time.

While Lillie, well.... she changed clothes I guess.
>>
>>30889320

>Lillie has an actual arc and compelling backstory
>N is just an obsessive aspie as a foil to the most overblown villain the series that develops absolutely dick

You can spam the waifu meme again, it doesn't change the facts.
>>
>>30889320
Holy shit this

Lillie, you're cool and all, but you didn't fucking do anything to grow as person.
>>
>>30888437
>Better soundtrack
Maybe not the worst but definitely not on the good side
>>
>>30889320
>While Lillie, well.... she changed clothes I guess.

Which is a very important part in the story as it shows Lillie finally releasing herself from her mother's influence, which was who forced her to use the clothes she did until that point.

You can't be so dense to not notice that.
>>
>>30889409

boi, i bet you have not heard the music of battles against team skull
>>
>>30889419
But she already has disobeyed her mother and stole from her 3 months before the story started
>>
>>30889382
>compelling backstory
For who? Neckbearded otaku? I'll take the sheltered boy who grew up with Pokemon any time over whatever Lillie is. Her precious backstory doesn't even have Pokemon involved. Why is this character in a Pokemon game?

>Which is a very important part in the story as it shows Lillie finally releasing herself from her mother's influence, which was who forced her to use the clothes she did until that point.
>THIS IS MY Z POWERED FORM!

Wow, such character development. Everything Pokemon is about.
>>
>>30889303
This is some Spiderman Superman type of shit.

Superman: 43 lines in BvS

Spiderman: 47 lines in CIVIL WAR
>>
>>30889253
>>30889303
>More words than N
>Condensed into an hour

Dear God Delta episode
>>
>>30889441
>Boi
Uhhh.
Yeah, better osts out there, no offense to skull guys intended.
>>
>>30889441
I have and it sounds like a sfw rap piece.
>uh
>yeah
>team skull
>uh
>break it down
>yeah
The only thing separating these two garbage genres is the number of times nigger and other swears are uttered.
>>
>>30889452
>Her precious backstory doesn't even have Pokemon involved.
>grows up with a psychotic mother that obsesses over a pokemon from another world, genetically engineered pokemon to fight those pokemon, and eventually ran off with a pokemon that her mother had captured and was planning to experiment on
>doesn't even have Pokemon involved
Huh?
>>
>>30889679
They're ultra beasts ;^)

That doesn't make Lillie's story, that's her mother's story
>>
File: 1424832812626.jpg (35KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1424832812626.jpg
35KB, 300x300px
>>30889382
>compelling backstory
Holy fucking shit my sides
Please, her story isn't anymore compelling than the story in Dragon Warrior 1.

>useless the whole game
>talks about how much she wants to be like the MC
>does nothing the entire game
>meanwhile her brother does what he needs to get by, actually bothers to raise Pokemon himself, and doesn't drag anyone down

She hogs the game, does absolutely nothing until the end, and I'm supposed to think this character is interesting and compelling because of her issues with mommy that the player has to deal with? Lillie is nothing more than your generic shonen waifubait.
>>
>>30889679
What >>30889711 said.

By the way, despite not saying a single word, Nebby with its bag-escaping gimmick and strange desire to visit ruins is a more interesting character than Lillie in my opinion.
>>
>>30889933
Pew?
>>
>>30889933
I wonder, if Lillie didn't exist
>Nebby is always taking up your 6th slot
>But it'll give Totem boosts to your pokemon depending on what totems you have betten so far
How is that?
>>
>>30889711
>>30889719
>>30889933
>mad

Go back to fapping to your fujoshit, degenerates.
>>
>>30890005
That would be a cool foreshadowing.
>>
>>30888437
I though the music was kinda weird, it was fucking great, don't get me wrong, but it didn't feel like Pokemon music, gen 6 also had this problem, but here is just much more noticeable.

The games also didn't feel like an actual Pokemon game, probably because of all the changes to map design, movement and how the game works, and again I kinda prefer the older games in this aspect, they had their own feel that separated the from other RPGs, Sun and Moon feel kinda generic.

I didn't mind the heavy focus on the story, it's actually very good this time, but I wish there was more to explore in the routes and cities you visit, SM feel linear in the sense that there's not much to do other than walking in a straight line on everywhere you visit, doesn't help that the poor Pokemon distribution gives even less reason to explore areas.

Post game, could also be better, the battle tree isn't anything special, just a reskinned battle tower, but those thing are usually added later.

Other than that they're pretty great, the game can even get challenging at certain point which is a nice change of pace from the last games.
>>
>>30888437
Imo the ost of crazybus is better than S&M'S ost
>>
File: 1386339434958.jpg (103KB, 891x562px) Image search: [Google]
1386339434958.jpg
103KB, 891x562px
>>30890010
Nigger what?
>>
>>30888437
>>Maybe the best starters
>Reddit incarnate, a cereal mascot, and a tranny
>>An incredible story that easily can surpass BW
>Lillie's Bizarre Adventure
>good
>>
>>30888437
>>First gen to add legendaries that can evolve

Maybe if Cosmog was actually usable in LC. I just wish it wasn't literal dex filler.
>>
>>30890069
Oh, and Gladion would be allowed more screentime along with Silvally due to her not being there.
>tfw no Silvally tearing through Nihilegos in Ultraspace
>>
BW is still the only game to tie the E4 with the main plot.
>>
>oh shit, Aether is evil? I wonder what nefarious plot they're up to
>oh, they don't have an evil plot, their leader just wants to chill in alien world
>oh shit, ultra wormholes are opening everywhere! we gotta fight back
>oh, we have to go find Best Mom and bring her home instead
>oh shit, Best Mom fused with a UB, this will be a boss battle
>oh, she sent out Clefable
>>
>>30888437
>Can't catch all the pokemon
>MUST get bank if you want unobtainable pokemon
>Leave out half the megas
>Make majority of new pokemon shit
>Feels unpolished
No, ORAS was better.
>>
>>30890384
You forgot
>makes majority of new pokemon rare as fuck
>>
>>30889320
>While Lillie, well.... she changed clothes I guess.
i wonder if in your mind you actually believe you're making a correct analysis of her.
Back in the day people would put more effort in trolling.
>>
>>30889719

>The character isn't my perfect wife from this other game

Please get over yourself.
>>
>>30890444
What did she do after she stole Nebby?

What prompted growth
>>
>>30890383
Top cake
>>
>>30890444
You're the one trolling here son. She keeps babbling about shit but never does anything to actually help herself. No matter how many times she's lost or in danger, she doesn't gets the clue that she should become a trainer until after the game ends. But, she does change clothes. That's the only thing she does.

You're as clueless as her, btw. Not everyone gives a fuck about your waifu to "do a character analysis".

She annoyed the fuck out of me the whole game and didn't do anything useful or interesting. She can fuck off to Kanto and never return to this series.
>>
File: Omega.png (93KB, 187x293px) Image search: [Google]
Omega.png
93KB, 187x293px
>>30888437
That's not really saying a ton, considering this is the third set of games that don't use midis. Some song are great, others are very bland.

>Starters
The starters are very decisive; some people love them, others hate them. Personally I think they're awful, but I don't think they're the worst.

>Legendaries
Ultra Beasts are cool, but they had a lot of potential to be so much more that was wasted on Looker lore shit. Besides UBs, the legendaries are very underwhelming.
>Solalgeo/Lunala have no purpose beyond opening a portal and don't really have any relation to the sun or the moon outside of their design
>Takus have almost no involvement in the story outside of Tapu Koko at the very beginning of the game, and only serve as a random little sidequest after you beat the game
>Necrozma is literally just some random thing they came up with to slap at the end of the game with no explanation whatsoever
>Magearna is kinda neat but has no involvement with the story nor any in-game event
>Zygarde just feels forced in as a leftover from the would-be Pokemon Z, and none of its new formes look better than the original

>Evolving legendaries
Except said prevos can't fight whatsoever, making it ultimately pointless.

Also, aside from visuals, literally everything else about the game is unforgivably terrible. This game has killed off any faith left in Game Freak to make a good Pokemon game again.
>>
>>30890633
Fucking retard couldn't even make it back to the hotel without getting lost
>>
>>30888437

ORAS soundtrack is even better than Sun/Moon, anon.
>>
>>30890491
Honestly, I can't see how someone who played this game can't understand the development she had. Let's see little by little:

Lillie starts as a little girl mistreated by her mother. Finally she decided to break free and took Cosmog with her to protect it and help it.
Kukui and his wife helped her help Nebby, and then she met the player. Through the player's journey Lillie's development takes place, and this is the most important part.

When you help Nebby at the bridge she gets surprised and immediately grows attracted to you thanks to your selfless act, as she writes in her diary. After you get your starter and before battling Hau she tells you she doesn't like pokémon battling, as pokemon just get hurt in that process, but she would watch it. You need to have in mins two things here: 1) her experience of human/pokemon relationships are the terrible experiments she found her mother doing at Aether; 2) she thinks of you as a trustworthy person for helping Nebby and protecting her earlier.
After those events, she decides to accompany you and Hau in your journeys, motivated by the way both of you act towards pokemon. From there, all little aspects of your journey have influenced her. When you conquered your Grand Trial in Akala, she was there to tell you how she was perceiving your journey and your achievements so far. From there, Lillie changed and went from a spectator role to a more active companion.

Once you and Hau return from Aether Paradise and arrive at Malie City, we can see Lillie researching about Cosmog and the legendary pokemon, and it's there that she learns about the rituals you nust perform in the Altar. She befriends Acerola and while you're between Mt. Hokulani and Tapu Village she travels with her. Later, you meet her briefly and proceed to chase and take on Team Skull while she's captured by them and taken to Paradise.
(Cont)
>>
>>30891914
After learning that Aether has some secrets, you and Hau witness Lusamine and her children's family reunion. Lillie is heartbroken by her mother's actions and refusal to change her ways, and even though you defeat Lusamine, she is able to use Nebby to follow her plan, hurting him and also disappearing into another dimension.
Gladion, seeing Lusamine's actions as irredeemable, decides to take charge of his family's foundation, to save not only their legacy but also to correct some of their bad deeds. Lillie by the other hand still believes her mother can be called to reason, and after sleeping in her mother's bed that night she decides: she will use the Sun/Moon flutes to perform the rituals she learned about to summon the legendary pokemon to save her mother and Nebby, and she will do it with you, as she tells you both of you will "show the world what you can do".
In Poni, you and her find the other flute, and follow on your path to meet Hapu, follow the canyon and finally reach the Altar.
During this Poni arc, Lillie opens up with you about why she decided to do this. Having seen you successfully overcoming obstacles she could only stare at in horror, and after being constantly in need of being saved, she decides she wants to become a treiner herself.
(Cont)
>>
>>30891942
Yes but was does Lillie as a character do to grow compared to her stealing Nebby 3 months ago
>>
>>30891942
Finally performing the ritual with success, Nebby takes you to Ultra World, and there she finally confronts her mother. She has learned that pokemon are partners and friends, not tools or toys, and she isn't a toy herself.
When Lusamine is defeated and freed from Nihilego, Lillie learns that her mother can be saved, like she thought, and decides to take her with her to Kanto where she can become a trainer and get her mother the care she needs. She leaves Nebby to you, who she trusts the most to take it on a journey as a trainer, something she isn't yet.

Lillie was a scared little girl that couldn't help anyone she cares about, like her mother and Nebby, and felt desperate and sad for that. By meeting you and traveling with you she learned that with some courage, and of course pokemon and friends by your side you can grow and overcome anything. In the end, she is ready to do what you did in the beginning - to become a trainer.
___

This is really basic storytelling, as expected in a game meant for children, so I really have no clue how can someone ignore all of this and say Lillie isn't well developed.

>>30890633
You're pathetic, and even worse than being an ignorant, you make the poorest attempts of provocation by slapping "your waifu" everywhere.
>>
>>30892013
Yes, but she stands up to her mother 3 months before the game even started putting her life at stake by herself

How is this growth prompted. What challenge did she overcome? That someone else saved her mother?
>>
>>30892013
Is this autism? Do you really think anyone gives a fuck about your waifu to read that wall?
>>
>>30891914
>>30891942
>>30892013
How is this even an analysis? I've read the whole text and it was just a reproduction of the story.
>>
>>30889384
It did. It watched you grow and she becomes inspired by you.
>>
>>30893832
And did nothing than changing her clothes and saying generic anime speeches to her mother.
Before we could see some "development", she just leaves Alola.

>It watched you grow and she becomes inspired by you.
You can say that to every character in the series.
>>
>>30888437
I agree on the soundtrack, but I always play muted anyway. Unevolved legendaries are objectively true, but it's just a way to artificially raise the pokedex numbers as they are unusable shit. Plot absolutely sucked with all that multiverse bullshit that only appeals to westerners, plus that whiny white dressed handicapped girl follows you everywhere. Starters are jobbers.
>>
>Maybe the best starters
LOL
Thread posts: 83
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.