[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Fake out >Return >Pursuit >Taunt Is this the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 424.jpg (168KB, 640x610px) Image search: [Google]
424.jpg
168KB, 640x610px
>Fake out
>Return
>Pursuit
>Taunt

Is this the best moveset for technician Ambipom in SM?
>>
>>30875702
Low Sweep was the only reason to use this thing before they bumped it up to 65 bp.
>>
Don't use Ambipom
>>
Power-up Punch/Nasty Plot baton pass
if you're expecting Ambipom to pull out a sweep you're free to go back to sub 1100 RU
>>
>>30875711
Came here to say this

That+Beat Up were godly in gen5
>>
>>30875765
Probably the only time Smogon made me laugh.
>>
I think my ORAS set was

U-Turn
Fake-Out
Low Kick
Double Hit

You aren't gonna be forcing switches with Ambipom, so a fast pivot into something else would be better imo.
>>
>>30875711
I was looking at its moves and it's pretty grim what they did to my bro. They basically got rid of all of its good coverage moves and any reason to use it as a baton passer.
>>
Fake Out
Last Resort
>>
>>30876161
Ambipom no longer learns low kick, which sucks because now it has basically no coverage.
>>
>>30875702
>fake out
>fling with king's rock
>thief
>u-turn

Just to be extra annoying.
>>
>>30876366
>Ambipom
? im pretty sure it can still get low kick
>>
>>30876385
>Fling

Any synergy with accrobatics?
>>
>>30876246
You could also run T-Wave and/or Protect.
>>
Remember when this thing was somewhat relevant in DP? I had lots of fun using it
>>
>>30877623
I remember having a lot of fun using knock off before they ruined it.
>>
>>30877236
Serebii says that Low kick is a transfer only move so you'll have to wait to trade it in from XYORAS when Pokebank comes out.
>>
>>30875702
Use Double Hit. Ambipom is good only to revenge kill, not to sweep. I had quite a lot of fun with him in XY on battle spot.
>>
Doesn't it get dual chop now? That's a free 120bp dragon move with technician, and 90% accuracy is not too bad
>>
>>30879343
Is there any point on running dragon moves on something that doesn't get STAB anymore?
>>
>>30879343
Dual Chop isn't really the most appealing option. Dragon isn't a very good coverage type since it's only SE against dragon types. Fighting and Dark are the best coverage types for Ambipom because one is SE against the types that resist it's STAB and the other hits ghosts.
>>
>>30879373
120 bp on something that's neutral on most everything and super effective on one of the most popular offensive types is pretty good.
>>
>>30877241
It'll power up Acrobatics if that's what you mean.
>>
>>30879481
Not without STAB. You'd be better off running almost anything else.
>>
use fake out last resort every other set is terribly inferior
>>
>>30877623
It was the best iteration of Ambipom specifically because DPPt was the last gen to have 'lead culture' before team preview came about.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.