[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the reasoning behind why flying is super effective

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (17KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 259x194px
What's the reasoning behind why flying is super effective against grass?

All the other typing effectiveness seem to make sense except that one.
Always wondered this since I was a kid
>>
Birds eat seeds, grasses, and grains.
>>
>>30873535
birds live in trees maybe
>>
>>30873535
diaper beam lol
>>
>>30873535
Some birds eat herbs.
>>
File: triggered.jpg (53KB, 540x705px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.jpg
53KB, 540x705px
>>30873559
kys
>>
There's no reasoning behind it.

Why does flying beat fighting?
Why is fighting not very effective against bug?
Why does Psychic beat Poison?
Why does Ground beat Rock?

Just chock it up to Game Freak poorly trying to balance out a bunch of redundant types.
>>
>>30873587
>Why does flying beat fighting?
Fluidity and grace? The chinese love that shit
>Why is fighting not very effective against bug?
Same as above
>Why does Psychic beat Poison?
Mind over matter
>Why does Ground beat Rock?
This one is a geological injoke maybe?
>>
>>30873587

There's probably some ancedote that explains the first one but in general even the ricers understood that high ground = advantage, so aerial superiority is a thing.

Fighting doesn't affect Bug because Bug is a piece of shit typing that needed a bone thrown, honestly.

Psychic beats Poison because Poison equals subtlety and physical destruction, and the mind trumps those things with enough discipline.

Ground beating Rock is pretty simple; the Earth grinds up Rocks over millenia into fine dust.

Next idiot, please.
>>
>>30873741
Why is fighting weak to fairy.
Why isnt rock weak against flying. (Im thinking about because wind erosion)
>>
>>30873587
>have you ever tried to PUNCH a BIRD
Kamen Rider
I dunno man.
Sand.
>>30873788
Because fairy is the anti-gen5-meta type, and has no substance besides that. But probably because fighting is a primal thing, no matter how disciplined, and the fey are better than it. You need something representative of technology to beat them.
Wind erosion is slower than the other forms. Also flying = bird.
>>
>>30873741
Why is flying weak to ice and electric then?
>>
>>30873914
Cold air creates a downdraft, which is difficult to fly in.

Lightning strikes the highest thing in the area. If you're up in the sky, that's bound to be you.
>>
>>30873587
Have you ever tried to punch a bird or a bug? Its fucking hard.
>>
>>30873788
Have you ever tried to punch a fairy? Its not easy.
>>
>>30873914
Go fight Falkner, he'll explain it to you
>>
>>30873914
High up in the air, the condensation collects on the wings and freezes. This is both heavy and can damage the hull.
>>
>>30873857

>le epic "fairy has no substance" meme

Kill yourself
>>
>>30873587
>Why does flying beat fighting?
Flying pokemon can get out of a fighting pokemon's reach, easily.
>WHy is fighting not very effective against bug?
Bugs are small, and fast. Hard to punch.
>Why does Psychic beat Poison?
No idea
>Why does Ground beat Rock?
The ground is...bigger than a rock? Honestly, no idea.
>>
>>30873788
Fairies are cute, and cause the Fighting pokemon to lose its aggressive nature that helps it punch good.

I don't know why rock would be weak against flying. Rock being strong against flying makes sense to me. Kill two birds with one stone, that kind of thing.
>>
File: 1476336290678.jpg (75KB, 960x811px) Image search: [Google]
1476336290678.jpg
75KB, 960x811px
>Poison weak to ground.

Explain that one cunts.
>>
>>30874440

Ground absorbs poison
>>
>>30874440
Waste decaying.

Also, supposedly some kinds of clay are good at absorbing waste, but I am no clay person.
>>
Shouldn't Poison be called Chemical Warfare?

It covers venom, sludge, toxic gas, garbage, pollution, acid...

For that matter "grass" covers wood, plants, flowers... and mushrooms, which are an entirely different kind of kingdom.
>>
>>30874461
>>30874482
Ground absorbs poison... Becomes polluted.

Looks like poison wins.
>>
>>30873788
because
>two birds with one stone
>>
>>30874440
If you were in the area of a nuclear bomb, which fills the air with POISONous radioactive substances, you'd go underGROUND to escape them... in a fallout shelter.
>>
File: 041Zubat.jpg (222KB, 859x859px) Image search: [Google]
041Zubat.jpg
222KB, 859x859px
>>30873535
Them treehuggers don't like strafing runs.
>>
>>30873962
Underrated post
>>
>>30873914
Flying is all about creatures that control the air rather than the air itself. Therefore, they are weak to the things going on in the air that they can't control. Rain is something so common that they're not weak to it. But sandstorms (rock), thunderstorms (electric) and hailstorms (ice) all ruin flying creatures lives. They really can't fly in these conditions.
>>
>>30874440
Alcaline beats acid.
>>
>>30874550
Venom isn't chemical warfare. It's biological.
At least animal produced venom, that is.
>>
Why is dark weak to fighting, or bug? How do you punch darkness?
>>
Explain this then retards
Why is Electric resisted by Grass? As far as I am concerned, if a strong lightning bolt strikes a patch of grass or a tree, it will blow the absolute shit out of it.
>>
>>30877358
Probably the same reason Ground is immune. Whatever reason that is, its backwards logic.
>>
>>30877358
It may blow up the patch of grass but most of it will survive, you autist.And also trees might also survive unhramed and even if a fire starts the rain will stop it
>>
>>30877375
Google electrical grounding anon.
>>
>>30877105

Dark(aku) is evil type in Japan.Villains are beaten by Jackie chan/Bruce Lee/Chuck Norris.
>>
>>30877468
I know what grounding is, but the concept of that is that electricity will do whatever it can to take the shortest path to the ground. The ground will always be affected, and anything not grounded will not. As a result it makes no sense for things on the ground to never get hit by electric attacks, and for things not on the ground to take double damage from them.
>>
>>30877375
Is this bait? I can't believe people this retarded browse this fucking board.
>>
>>30877105
Dark is weak to Bug because bugs can see in the dark and their minds are too alien for tricks to be effective on them.

Fighting beats Dark because justice and honor always defeat underhanded tactics.

>>30873649
>Mind over matter
>>30873741
>Psychic beats Poison because Poison equals subtlety and physical destruction, and the mind trumps those things with enough discipline.
That would explain Psychic being resistant to Poison, but not for it being super-effective.
>>
>>30877575
try to run an electrical charge through dirt
>>
>>30877575
No, you don't know what grounding is. Google it and try again.
>>
File: 1473370911922.jpg (58KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1473370911922.jpg
58KB, 500x500px
>>30877579
>>30877468
>completely missing the point
>>
>>30877575
>Pokemon is type Ground
>Therefore, he has a direct connection with Earth's ground
>Therefore, electricity hitting a Ground type will be absorbed entirely
>>
>>30877683
>pokemon is part ground, has levitate or is part flying
>does not have direct connection with Earth's ground
>therefore, electricity hitting a Ground type will not be absorbed
>still has no effect
??
>>
>>30877879
Why the fuck are you trying to make sense of Pokemon beyond basic stuff? Typing is what's taken into account, nothing more.
>>
>>30873559
lol
>>
>>30877931
>tries to make sense of Pokemon beyond basic stuff by applying functions and phenomena that happen in nature in real life in a monster collection and battling simulator
>anon expands on the thought he expressed
>"lol anon, why are you trying to use the same logic I used?"
??
>>
>>30878150
Jesus christ, you are autistic. The reasoning for why Ground is immune to Electric is there, as a generalized thing. GameFreak didn't feel like adding more complexity to the game than just taking into account types and abilities (if they are relevant), not even stuff like if a Ground Pokemon is in the air then his immunities go out the window, so they didn't. This is still a fucking game. A game can choose to ignore some rules while taking into account others. Clearly, Pokemon decided to make use of electrical grounding for their type matchup, and nothing more beyond that. Why this is hard for you to grasp is beyond me.

If you want the game to start making use of a lot more variables, it looks to me like you'd do well trying to expand your argument to a lot more logic problems that run in the series, than just trying to prove me wrong about one little match between types.
>>
>>30878376
>makes a long ass post to emphasize on the fact that type matchups are an arbitrary decision on GF's part.
>after making a post that ignores that by trying to put his own input to explain said arbitrary rules
>gets mad when people btfo him in his own logic
??
>>
>>30878793
>If I keep posting the same shit over and over I win!
Yeah, ok. Enjoy your autism.
>>
>>30877105
Dark isn't about absence of light. It's about evil.
Bugs are portrayed as good heroes in japan. And so are fighting types.
>>
>>30878826
>attacking the way of posting rather than the content of said post
>being this mad at someone's way of posting to the point of being aggressive about it
>completely conceding the argument by making to valid points
>still replying
??
>>
>>30877358
Actually most trees have evolved to grow like Faraday's cages. A lightning comes in and does nothing to it.
>>
Why is fighting super effective to steel?
just go try to punch a fucking steel wall and see what happens
>>
>>30878873
well memed my friend
>>
>>30878955
Mega Punch is a normal type move.
The idea is that the fighting type represents overtheboard fighting. I mean, what you said could apply to rock too. For regular fighting we just have the normal type.
>>
>>30873587
>Flying beats Fighting?
Easy, whoever has the high ground usually has an advantage in combat.
>Fighting not very effective against Bug?
*shrugs* I guess bugs are hardy and resistant to direct brute force. Like, it's hard to wipe out an ant infestation if all you have are karate chops.
>Psychic beats Poison?
The implication is that Psychic types cause Poison types to lose control of their poison and venom and essentially hurt themselves.
>Ground beats Rock?
Maybe related to sand's ability to gradually erode mountains over time?
>>
>>30873535
Birds eat grass.

If I had to change the type charts all I would do is this.
Bug beats fairy

Ice beats water

Ice resists grass, bug, and dragon.
>>30873559
Where did this meme come from?
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.