[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't any types immune to themselves? Water shouldn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: sea[1].jpg (269KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
sea[1].jpg
269KB, 800x640px
Why aren't any types immune to themselves?

Water shouldn't do "resisted" damaged to water, poison shouldn't do "resisted" damage to poison, etc. They just shouldn't have an effect.
>>
>trying to apply common sense to pokemon
>>
>>30866356
Because reasons. I think it's more confusing that dragons are weak to dragons.
>>
>>30866356
Fire should be immune to Fire 2bh. At least Fire Special attacks like Flamethrower, but maybe still affected by something like Flare Blitz.
>>
>>30866394
Only a dragon can injure a dragon.
And little pink Polly pocket shit?
You know, if they wanted to buff Steel and nerf Dragon, then instead of making Fairy-type weak to Steel and immune to Dragon, why not just eliminate the middle man and make Dragon weak to Steel??
>>
>>30866427
Because you dragonniggers had it too good for far too long, fuck you.
>>
File: spider-snake-main.jpg (48KB, 650x400px) Image search: [Google]
spider-snake-main.jpg
48KB, 650x400px
>>30866356
>poison shouldn't do "resisted" damage to poison

You're right. It should do neutral damage.
>>
>>30866356
hit something with high pressure water enough times and it dies. hit water typ pokemon with high pressure water enough it dies.

if you overcharge a battery it explodes. if you iver charge an electric pokemon it dies.

poison depends it can work like the water or for moves like poison fang where you bite the target or poison jab which you stab the target. they die.

fighting vs fighting. have you ever watched boxing?

fire pokemon are wierd because well acc2 anime they can stand in volcano (bs)

rocks if you hit two rocks together they chip and break.

ect
>>
>>30866427
I never understood why dragons needed yet another weakness. Literally just get a mon with a good ice type move and it's screwed, Fairy was overkill.
>>
>>30866466
If Dragon gained a Steel weakness and Ice gained a Dragon immunity it would've achieved the same effect Fairy had.
>>
>>30866356
Differences in strenght and type.

Bee's venom, spider's venom and puffer fish's venom are different from one another and I'm fairly sure they work through different action mechanisms.

The same goes with water; river water is different from lake water and those are different from sea water. Brine for example can fuck over a lot of water species.

A fire can be extinguised depending in what originates it. It's not the same an electrical fire versus a chemical fire. The heat, duration and intensity depend on different things.

And so on for the other types.
>>
>>30866478

>if you overcharge a battery it explodes

So electric should be SE to electric?
>>
>>30866466
That has nothing to do with anything, retard. Dragon still got nerfed either way.
>>
>>30866489
>Giving ice a resist/immunity for anything but ice

Ok bud
>>
>>30866489
dragon immunity needed to be on an actually good type and it was better to make a new type to learn instead of making drastic changes to preexisting types
>>
>>30866485
>good mon
>good ice type move

pick one
>>
>>30866509
Overcharge sounds like an electric type move thatd deal SE damage to electric types akin to Freeze Dry being used on water types.
>>
just because a fish lives in water and can take a little hydration doesn't necessarily mean it enjoys getting blasted with a bajillion horsepower blast of water
>>
>>30866356
i thought poison was alraeady immune to itself?
>>
If they ever make a sound type it HAS to be immune to itself
>>
>>30867462 (you)
>>
>>30867321
>fuck fixing things, just put a bandaid on it
>>
most dual types are already retarded and this would just be the icing on the cake
>>
>>30866404
>What is flash Fire
>>
File: 1481682117506.jpg (29KB, 528x543px) Image search: [Google]
1481682117506.jpg
29KB, 528x543px
>>30866485
>Yet another weakness
>only had 2 weaknesses and 1 resistance
>plain dragon has 4 resistences not to mention the half ground/flying dragons also pack an immunity
>crazy high stats
>only water and ice type Pokémon learn good ice type moves
>ice Pokémon are shit
>not understanding that dragons were a cancerous meta and needed a nerd
Dragon fag detected
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.