[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been only 6 years, yet here I am feeling so nostalgic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

It's been only 6 years, yet here I am feeling so nostalgic for gen 5. I was a jaded veteran by the time it released and it managed to make me enjoy Pokemon again.

I miss it so much. The Dream World, the carefree Battle Spot where people used a bunch of shit instead of Celesteela, Koko and Lele on every fucking team. The clusterfuck that was gems, letting us use stuff like a pseudo-STAB Sucker Punch into a Latios' face.

But 2010 is never coming back... looking forward for gen 8 bringing more regionals forms to genwun pokemon and adding more pointless cancer to the meta like Z Moves or a new overpowered type.
>>
>>30865796
Listen man.
Gen 5 had some real good shit and it sold itself as a full new adventure to try to stand alone after complaints of sinnoh and all that.
But Battle Spot was Weather Wars & Genies Central
>>
>>30865796
Gen 5 was great. Dream world was comfy. First games actually felt like a new adventure where you couldn't catch old Pokemon. It was like replaying gen 1 all over again.
>>
>>30865822
That wasn't my experience, since people could just disconnect to avoid a loss nobody took it so seriously.
>>
>>30865796
>The Dream World
literally the worst feature ever introduced in the series, counting sky battles and ivs

>The clusterfuck that was gems, letting us use stuff like a pseudo-STAB Sucker Punch into a Latios' face.
>but Z-moves are somehow bad when they're generally less useful and thus less cancerous

>a new overpowered type.
please stop posting hydreigon, i know you're a bit slow but this doesn't excuse everything
>>
>>30865796
ehhhh idk i was in grade 8 when it came out and there so many shitting on the game when they came out at school. definitely a step down from hg/ss. love the starters though
>>
>>30865796

>gen 5

>Nothing but full weatherteams and fucking genies spammed everywhere

fucking yawn, what a waste of time. Bad bait.
>>
>>30865894
Gems encouraged you do use a move's added effects, be it priority or spread. And you could use on any Pokemon you liked.

Z Moves are just a single target nuke that even goes through Protect. Has the same problem with megas where you can only use one so you'll probably want it to be the best possible. I've yet to see somebody use a grass or steel type Z-move.

>please stop posting hydreigon, i know you're a bit slow but this doesn't excuse everything
Fairies ruined my psychic types. There's little reason to use psychics now that fairies counter fighting types much better, same with ice that no longer really has a role of being the dragon killers.
>>
>>30865796
>genies: the metagame

There's many things wrong with Gen 5, and I love it anyways, but one thing I could never possibly forgive it for is that absolute cancer. It isn't enough that they are among the most spammed Pokemon of all time, no, they also have to look like complete shit too. Fuck genies, fuck weather wars, and fuck the gen 5 meta.
>>
I've playing Gen V for the first time right now. I got White 2 because it was the first one I found in a used game store that wasn't fuckexpensive, read up on the plot of BW1, and limited myself to catching Gen V pokemon only, since I have a livingdex in SS to transfer over eventually.
>>
>>30866213
I didn't mind the genies because they didn't kill you with OP moves, stats or abilities (unlike megas, Tapus or some gen 6 pokemon like Sylveon)
>>
>>30865796
Same
>>
>>30865796
Unovabortions Being Cancer: The Post
>>
>>30865859
this. I wish they would do that again, but sadly it seems we are on the eternal nostalgia train. Hope you like being reminded how great Kanto is in every damn game.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.