[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was his purpose? Was he originally suppose to be the champion?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: hqdefault.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
What was his purpose? Was he originally suppose to be the champion? The dragon trial captain? Everyone is always bringing up Kahili as some literal who, but this guy gets no mention or anything until the title defense.
>>
>>30862633
Dragon and Fairy are OP typings, so they stopped you from battling them too early.

Not to mention, they wanted to truncate the number of trials to 7 to stick with the motif of 7.
>>
>>30862633
Why does he have to be "something else"? Why can't he just be a character to challenge your title?
>>
What if he's relevant in the next game that takes place in Alola

hopefully Kahili is too
>>
It could be that they just wanted one of the title defense challengers to be someone new and interesting to justify the feature more. Someone you can hear about and, if you didn't know that title defense was a thing or weren't interested in it before, incentivizes you to do it to fight a new trainer.

The reason he has such detailed notes on his design sheet could just be because he has a complex design and they need to make sure it's all conveyed properly, or the character was somebody's pet project so they went all out even though he wasn't that big of a deal.
>>
File: 1476472358960.jpg (524KB, 720x977px) Image search: [Google]
1476472358960.jpg
524KB, 720x977px
He is what you might call a star
>>
>>30862750
Only if she loses that horrid mole.
>>
I feel like he is a rejected character design that got brought back for the title defense. He clearly has some kind of backstory.
>>
I like to think that it's a parody of important characters meeting random people.

It's always something I questioned, even with older sitcoms from the early 2000's. In, for example, Drake and Josh random things would happen to Background characters in the main story thanks to the main characters. I always questioned what it must've been like for that old man who got his cane stolen by crazy Steve, who then tries to use it to pummel a man who ate his food. What is this old man's story? Does he live an average life and then, one day, this crazy dude just takes his walking stick when his watch beeps? Will this be a story to tell his family?

Ryuki is the opposite side of this coin. Ryuki is the main character of his own story, and we are the random old man who gets our cane stolen by crazy Ryuki's garchomp. We won't get to see his story, most likely, as that would defeat the purpose of his character. He looks and feels super important and over the top, and that's the point. This is our story, and we get to see it form the eyes of the random person the main character meets and is never mentioned again.
>>
File: masu overjoyed.png (34KB, 289x332px) Image search: [Google]
masu overjoyed.png
34KB, 289x332px
>>30862783
>"Too overdesigned"
>"Please Ohmori-sama I want my work to be in the 20th anniversary games"
>"Ask Masuda"
>>
File: is that a jojo reference.jpg (86KB, 335x300px) Image search: [Google]
is that a jojo reference.jpg
86KB, 335x300px
hmm....
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.