[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone else disappointed that you can't access the big golf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

anyone else disappointed that you can't access the big golf course area shown in the map?
>>
anyone else disappointed that the volcano is literally just a cave entrance that warps you to the top?
>>
>>30856753
Bit you can go there
>>
Just wait for Stars :^)
>>
>>30856753
Anyone else disappointed that Team Skull does nothing important?
>>
Anyone else disappointed in everything in its life?
>>
>>30856798
I didn't expect them to, so no, not at all.
>>
>>30856798

Team Skull being incompetent is part of the joke.
>>
>>30856753
I just wish Vast Poni Canyon wasn't the only good dungeon.

I was hoping Lanakila Road would have been great at the very least. But its worse than Johto's Victory Road
>>
Shit, I totally skipped anything Kahill related somehow! I never encountered her at all until the Elite Four. Then she came out and I literally who'd beat the shit out of her and never gave it a second thought until I noticed the golf course looking thing by the hotel.
>bitch is just hanging out in the hotel lobby
How do you go through a game and miss whole story bits and characters like that?

I'm starting to think that this game has a few cons.
>>
File: 1312915044363.jpg (71KB, 559x598px) Image search: [Google]
1312915044363.jpg
71KB, 559x598px
>>30856798
>expecting wannabe gangbangers with wacky walk cycles and poses trying to speak hood to do anything important
>>
>>30856919
>not immediatly realizing festival plaza is shit

your fault
>>
>>30856926
Kinda to be expected being as they're all drop out from the island challenge recruited by Guzma to help steal Pokémon to help Lusamine become one with Nihilego (the jellyfish looking ultra beast)
Spoiler alert
>>
>>30856753
>big golf course
Its literally just one hole
If anything I'm more mad about having whole cities with 2 building you can enter, with one of them being a Pokémon center
>>
>>30857124

What city was that? I can't remember one that didn't have at least 4-5 you can enter.
>>
I was disappointed that you couldnt access the lighthouse... but I found out today that you can.
>>
>>30857191
nope, you cant even go in the light house, but you can access the area around it.
>>
>>30857157
Hau'oli city
Heahea city
Paniola town
>>
>>30856919
She isn't encountered at all and wasn't alluded to often in the story, but she's mentioned multiple times during the SM demo.
>>
>>30857249
I mean thats fine. It was just bothering the shit out of me.
>>
>>30856753
>has been in development since XY was in development
>still rushed
>>
>>30857124
it's even worse that buildings aren't even fully explorable anymore.

>big building
>only one door opens the rest are just textures on the wall
>>
>>30856753
i also wish the areas would've been a bit more sprawling. and that there would be more little secrets to surf to. I honestly loved Hoenn because of that. Usually i hate water, cause of literally 3 different Pokemon but with all the diving spots etc. it was like an adventure.
>>
My biggest complaint is that the entire game feels small, in part because of stuff like >>30856762
>>
>>30856798
Team Skull is a red herring. They're just a bunch of shitters who grew up in poverty. Their leader wasn't even competent enough to finish his Island Trial.
Aether is the evil team.
>>
>>30856919
The con's are immediately obvious even before beating the game
>>
>>30857461
I actually missed some shit because after a while I assumed most buildings could not be entered.
>>
I'm disappointed that you can't surf in-between Islands. I blame Magmafags within Gamefreak for being responsible.
>>
>>30857157
Tapu Village is nothing but a Pokemon Center, Konikoni is nothing but outdoor shops and two buildings, and Paniola is just one building that's not decoration. In a game with less towns than even Kanto. I'd have expected less towns would mean the towns are more fleshed out but we just got less on top of less
>>
>>30857485
I'm getting similar answers.
My point is, not that AEther Foundation is true villain theme. My issue is, that Team Skull is just a useless team, that did "nothing" story relevant.
You could just scrap the whole Team Skull concept and change the Po Town into a normal city and nothing would be different.
>Their leader wasn't even competent enough to finish his Island Trial.
That's interesting! I want to more! Wait a sec. That's all? They don't even contribute to the story.
>>
>>30857541
>Hoenn is hated for having too much water
>"We want to surf more in Sun/Moon"
Huh?
>>
>>30857813
Surfing in OR/AS was a huge imporvement and everyone except IGN had no problem about it.
They could make it even better since Alola region has 4 islands, but you can barely surf .
>>
>>30857724
When people were blown away leading up to the game's release, I just knew one of the plot threads would have been shafted
>>
>>30857941
>everyone except IGN
The faster surf speed didn't help the lack of scenery or variety in the wild pokeoi
>>
>>30857249
>>30857191
you can?
>>
>>30858021
But surfing itself was much better compared to past.
>>
>>30857990
I'm afraid I haven't fully understood what you mean.
>>
>>30858021
Then fix those issues...? Seriously it's not hard to create some fucking variety with the encounter rates.

>add some variety
>tweak the scenery a bit here and there on the ocean routes or add short stops between them
Bang, more places to explore.
>>
I'm more upset with the wasted potential in this games story. When I got to the third island and Guzma came into the picture I started getting excited because he was a character I really wanted to learn more about and see interact with the world. But by the time the island was finished you met him right at the end had one fight with him at aethers base and that was it. I had the same issue with Lusamine. It felt as though I just met her and suddenly her story was pretty much done. The two leaders had a criminaly of screen time. Not mention gladion barley had any interactions with being part of team skull and I can't even remeber if plumeria had a single scene shared with Guzma. It felt like all the parts of the story I was legitimatly interested got pushed to the side so we could follow the same "Wow isint your main character the second coming of Jesus! Your so cool." Story we get every Gen.
>>
I know Hawaii is small but man Alola was such a fucking disappointment.

I was actually one of those people who thought the real game would be bigger than what the pictures led to believe. Yes, I was in denial, but can you blame me?
>>
>>30856753
No
>>30856762
Yes
>>
>>30858392
This sums up pretty much what I think.
Especially the part with Team Skull, why do people like them so much? Just because they are "cool"?
>>
>>30858699
>why do people like them so much?
Memes, mostly.
>>
>>30858699
I think they're funny and I kinda feel for them
>>
>>30858392
>"Wow isint your main character the second coming of Jesus! Your so cool."
Replace the MC with Lillie and you've summed up the game.

>>30858699
They're funny but even then they felt underused.
>>
>>30858747
Serious questions:
- Are you sure about that?
- Do they really think the team is great?
- If not, will the dust even settle?
>>
>>30858146
People were excited about all the info in hype season but my fear was that GF couldn't juggle it all
>>
>>30856798
I'm really glad they didn't pull a "capture Solgaleo/Lunala" plot with Team Skull.
>>
>>30858415
I didn't realize that alola would be even smaller than what the pics led me to believe. Not being able to explore the cool scenery was a disappointment.
>>
>>30858415
Yeah, honestly. I just couldnt see where all the extra space was people saw. Especially after the in game maps came out and I counted 11 towns. And we ended up with even less. What a shame.
>>
File: pokemon-snap-03.png (345KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon-snap-03.png
345KB, 800x600px
>>30856753
I'm more disappointed that the pokemon snap island wasn't one of the islands you could go to.

They went heavy on the callbacks and missed this massive opportunity. Hell with the picture feature you shoulda' at least been able to meet the poke voyeur himself.
>>
>>30861624
They'd have to explain the train tracks all along the island at that point, then.

Also, it would've had to have been Poni Island, because Pokemon Island is entirely uninhabited by humans. Could've easily been a postgame area like that giant island in Sinnoh was, though.
>>
>>30856762
That was total fucking garbage. There was a disgusting lack of caves and dungeons in general.

But at least we got Diglett Tunnel 2.0. Because that was everyone's favorite.
>>
>>30857724
I assumed Team Skull were harassing people and their Pokemon and Lusamine used that as an excuse to place them under "conservation." She then began freezing them in mass amounts and storing them for her collection. Lusamine has Guzma on a tight leash after all.
>>
>>30857566
Maybe the residents have better home security and don't like Island Trial guys waltzing into their homes and stealing the potions in their trashcans?
>>
>>30863969
They wanted to show off their hella epic new Diglett Alolan form. LMAO Diglett with hairs XDDD so funny we so clever.

But then they accidentally filled Diglett Tunnel with ZUBAT and just put Diglett all over the beaches instead.
>>
>>30856762
no

I had more than enough of caves in gen 4
>>
>>30857358
This fucking thing here
>giant fucking hotel
>expect some cool shit like being able to battle all guests
>it actually is useless and was thrown there for plot reasons lol take this Zygarde cell
And there's ANOTHER one. What the fuck were they thinking?
>>
>>30856762
This game needs an update to amend this shit.
>>
>>30864182
get a load of this guy
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.