[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What region's revisit in a remake was the best? Which

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: square.png (2MB, 2004x606px) Image search: [Google]
square.png
2MB, 2004x606px
What region's revisit in a remake was the best? Which was the worst?
>>
>>30852283

Hoenn was the best region, both the original and the remake.

Sinnoh remake could surpass it. Could.
>>
HGSS was best. ORAS was worst.
>>
>>30852283
FRLG just cause of how huge a fucking improvement it was
>>
>>30852283
HGSS was the best revisit of both Kanto and Johto
oras was not good
>>
>>30852347
This desu
>>
>>30852283
probably johto, but only because the bar was so low in the first place

hoenn would be the best but it was already a pretty decent looking region to begin with

kanto improved but it still looks like shit all things considered
>>
HGSS definitely was the most improved, FRLG suffered from getting stuck with a gen before the physical/special split and locked gen 2 evos behind post-game.

ORAS was actually a step down.
>>
The best will be Sinnoh.
i really liked HGSS' Johto so there's that. Worst will be ORAS.
>>
>>30852375
Hoenn and Gen 3 was literally fucking trash. Worst games second only to DP. ORAS was infinitely better. Please get over yourself.
>>
>>30852283
HGSS improved Johto dramatically
>>
>>30852283
FRLG=HGSS>>>ORAS
>>
>>30852375
This, people say HGSS Kanto is barren but I dont think GF really showed how Kanto trult was before it. It's an urban region and you just cant see it in FRLG when ever road is a dirt path and Cycling Road is fucking grass

It was still a good revisit though, and certainly better than Hoenn's
>>
Anyone who answers ORAS is objectively wrong. Only remake that had LESS content than the last game with that region in it.
>>
>>30852455
but it didnt
it had double the amount of usable pokemon
id say thats more content than your meme facilities
>>
Also, I really love how HGSS gave Johto rain, snow, wind, autumn, ocean cliffs, and a lake with shifting water levels. And two more towns. Even if Frontier Access isnt much, I did love seeing the transition between the rural Johto tiles and the resort tiles of the Frontier. And Safari Zone Gate was comfy as fuck. 10/10 changes
>>
>>30852502
Usable Pokemon has nothing to do with the region itself and usable Pokemon isn't even something unique to ORAS.
>>
>>30852455

7.8, too much obvious bait
>>
HGSS is the gold standard for what the remakes should be. FRLG was good, but having certain things locked till postgame, or straight up unavailable AT ALL holds it back. ORAS comes off as tryhard with shoehorning Mega Evolution into the plot, and Delta Episode.

On a side note, here's what I mean by FRLG being limited: trade with RSE, friendship-based evolutions, and breeding were all locked behind postgame. Even worse, since FRLG didn't have a time-based mechanic, Espeon and Umbreon are ENTIRELY unavailable unless you traded Eevee to RSE to evolve them, or traded over the Espeon and Umbreon from Colosseum/Gale of Darkness.
>>
>>30852678
they're right though. From an overworld perspective, many of Hoenn's places were made smaller.

HGSS added it's cinematic locations on top of the full location from the past.
>>
>>30852283
HGSS. FRLG was whatever.

ORAS somehow managed to make Hoenn worse.
>>
>>30852283
FRLG
>>
ORAS completely fucked Hoenn up. I don't want to see that region ever again now.
>>
Is Crystal worth playing at all when HGSS exist?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.