[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>People thing that the Bug type is Super-effective against

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 144
Thread images: 39

File: IMG_1479.jpg (14KB, 295x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1479.jpg
14KB, 295x200px
>People thing that the Bug type is Super-effective against Dark because "muh nocturnal!"

>Totally not because Bugs are portrayed as heroic and hence, triumph over Evil (What Dark-types are called in Japan), not unlike Fighting-types.

I bet these morons ask why isn't Flying-type super-effective to itself. After all, don't birds cut through air with their flight?
>>
No one thinks that, you fucking faggot.
>>
Why is fighting weak to flying, is there a reason that was lost in translation?

>inb4 cannot punch a bird
>>
>>30847019
Something to do with how aerial combat having advantage over the grounded Fighting-types?>>30846991
Oho, you'd be surprised.
>>
File: 214Heracross.png (787KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
214Heracross.png
787KB, 1280x1280px
>>30846964
>
>>
File: KRK1.jpg (175KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
KRK1.jpg
175KB, 1024x768px
Fuckin Bugs always beating the bad guys.
>>
>>30847060
That's Tendou type. Tendou type is super effective against all types and resists all types.
>>
>>30846964
Some type matchups don't make sense dude. Stop trying to rationalize it.

For instance, why the fuck is psychic totally ineffective against dark? There is no logic for this shit that's just the way it is.
>>
>>30847411
It's because Psychic was OP and GF needed a hard counter.

Same thing happened with the fairy type.
>>
>>30847447
Except all GF had to do was give Ice a Dragon resistance and add 2 to 3 half-decent ice types and the Dragon problem would have fixed itself.
>>
>>30847463
Except all GF had to do was give Ghost a Psychic resistance and add 2 to 3 half-decent ghost types and the Psychic problem would have fixed itself.
>>
>>30847411
except his one does
>>
>>30846964
This makes sense

It's Japan were talking about

Kamen rider and bugs in general are really big there and dark type is called evil type there

It all fits
>>
>>30847411
Because the darkness clouds your mind thus impeding the use of psychic abilities.

or

The darkness is one of the mind's biggest fear as a kid.

As for bug, when you have something that's bugging you in your mind, that affects you mentally?
>>
File: 127Pinsir_Dream.png (23KB, 450x335px) Image search: [Google]
127Pinsir_Dream.png
23KB, 450x335px
ORE NO KARADA WA BOROBORO DA!!

>>30847640
>>30847411
or you know, try reading an evil person's mind
>>
>>30846964
So is that why Guzna ends up being a bug expert, because he defated his own demons?
BRAVO GAMEFREAK
A
V
O
>>
>>30847708
I think it's because he wanted a bug to be his hero and save him from his dad
>>
>>30847708
>>30847729
considering his ace, hilariously enough their stories kinda relate
>>
From some faggot on pokemon DB

From one angle, we can again refer to Japanese culture. To quote TvTropes.org: "Japan loves bugs, and they're everywhere. Not only is Bug Catching one of the oldest pastimes in the country, but much of their pop culture includes or is influenced by them." Beetles and bugs are regularly the costume theme designs of fictional heroes or mechs in Japanese series. In Gen II, they introduced Heracross a Bug/FIGHTING hercules beetle, a wildly popular beetle, alongside the Dark type to perfectly counter the new type. This is the "Hero" angle cropping up again.

The second angle to consider is on the other end of the spectrum of how Evil is vanquished. Bugs are known to swarm or cooperate in numbers that overwhelm the target (think endless mosquitos on a camping trip or a synchronized colony of ants). Similarly, if one wants to overthrow a great evil, an army or a cooperative society can collaborate to take it down with sheer numbers. Evil may strike one or a handful down, but the movement will overwhelm eventually.
>>
>>30847753
>referring to DB or fagtropes
>not realizing there are tokufags here
>>
>>30847708
>bavo
>>
>>30846964
I remember a while back that an Anon theorized that Bugs don't really care who the fuck you are, they're gonna bite and sting your shit in
>>
>>30846964
Look at how fucked up Africa is because of malaria
>>
>>30847411
Because logic of the mind often has no effect on the truly evil.
>>
>>30846964
I thought it was due to Bug being one of the fear types, the other two being Dark and Ghost. Even the scary monsters are afraid of something.
>>
>>
ITT: autistic fan theories
>>
>still no bug/fighting grasshopper pokemon
>>
Why is psychic SE against poison again?
>>
>>30848306
Beetles are the superior Bug/Fight.
>>
File: Rider_1_(Mega_Max).jpg (123KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
Rider_1_(Mega_Max).jpg
123KB, 853x480px
>>30848607
well yeah but gotta reference the bug that started it all

and there are many grasshopper riders, more than either beetles
>>
>>30846964
>m-muh hero type!
No. It's not that the bugs are heroic, it's that people of bad character tend to do shit that make them liable to get swarmed by bugs.

Think an edgelord kicking a beehive for fun or a thug leaving their house dirty until it gets infested with cockroaches.
>>
>>30848451

Because you have to be smart to make an antidote.
>>
>>30848795
You're thinking with western ideology in a Japanese game. Read the rest of the thread and you'll see why bugs are heroic to the Japanese dipshit
>>
>>30848306
YO
>>
>>30849026
No, sentai costumes happening to be bug-themed doesn't mean shit. That's like saying Fighting beats Dark because "ORAORAORA jojo reference xD". Bad behavior being punished by nature in the form of bugs is as eastern as it gets. Read about the Three Worms of Taoism, and you'll see that it's far more of an explanation than "pop culture references xD".
>>
Bug, Dark and Ghost are SE against Psychic because they are all common fears. And the fear can control the mind. Have you tried to think rationally while in
panic?
Poison is weak to Psychic because the former represents something that can reach the body only, not the thoughts.
>>
File: Donut_shop_hungry_owner.jpg (36KB, 415x307px) Image search: [Google]
Donut_shop_hungry_owner.jpg
36KB, 415x307px
>>30849173
this is how someone who doesn't know Japanese pop culture works

>calling kamen rider a sentai
>thinks kamen rider isn't ingrained to Japan pop culture
>thinks it's some mystical hogwash

additionally
>he thinks Jojo is as an icon as kamen rider
>>
File: baitsu.jpg (20KB, 259x187px) Image search: [Google]
baitsu.jpg
20KB, 259x187px
>>30847764
>fagtropes
>>
>>30849173
talk more, show how little you know about the japanese

also strawmen arguments really don't help your case
>>
>>30849288
>he thinks tvtropes is not a faggot site

>>30849245
>>30849332
what's worse is that he thinks certain fast punching moves are Jojo, when it's actually aping another classic Japan icon

people think Pokemon doesn't make reference to Japanese media when for instance two of the moves are clearly referencing that pop icon

he sounds like that faggot who thinks he knows something, the fact that he brings up random mysticism shows
>>
>>30849245
>>30849332
>>30849357
Obvious samefag is obvious.
Also, Japanese is literally full of daily expressions based around the idea of the internal worms. "Mushi no shirase" (the bug's warning) meaning bad premonition, "mushi ga sukanai" (the bugs don't like them) meaning that someone is dislikable, and so on. It's far more ingrained into their culture than a TV show, no matter how iconic it is.

Seriously, how retarded do you have to be to think a TV show reference is the reason for a type interaction? Kamen Rider designs are based on the idea of bugs punishing misdeeds if anything.
>>
>>30849416
>samefag

and yeah you're right that the origin of kamen rider might be that, but at the same time you make it sound like they don't reference the heroic stuff too, it doesn't invalidate Kamen Rider at all

are you going to tell me that a certain Pokemon based on a comedian isn't based on a comedian because he is also based on a saying?

I mean, fuck, Japan loves them references

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGp9AIvQlwU
>>
>>30849173
>No, sentai costumes happening to be bug-themed doesn't mean shit.
Firstly Kamen Rider was a thing before Super Sentai by about 4 years. If you're going to be this retarded at least call all of the sentai "rider costumes".

Secondly, Kamen Rider as a rule of thumb has their main riders themed after a bug + something else.
It's also a rule that their powers are derived from evil and used to fight it. From 1 being a product of Shocker augmentation to Ex-aid riders needing to have a controlled bugster infection to transform.

>>30849416
Lastly the idea of worms/mushi whatever you want to call them is entirely neutral, in fact more often than not they had detrimental effects rather than any kind of implied heroism or positivity.

Lastly I don't think you understand how much of a cultural icon Kamen Rider is. Not only did it coin the transformation sequence across not only japan but the world but it started the second toku boom that only Godzilla before it did.

God damn I have to play some Battride War and catch up with Ex-aid.
>>
>>30846964
>>Totally not because Bugs are portrayed as heroic

But they're not.
>>
>>30849740
In hindsight I shouldn't have stopped typing midway to finish this level.
>>
File: jokes on you.webm (891KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
jokes on you.webm
891KB, 854x480px
>>30849740
well technically Kamen Rider 1 wasn't the first transforming hero there, but he popularized it

>catch up with Ex-Aid

oh boy anon you're in for some ride
>>
>still no bug/dark
>>
>still no car-themed Bug Pokemon
>>
>>30849772
>well technically Kamen Rider 1 wasn't the first transforming hero there,
I never said he was but it was the start of the "HEN-SHIN" sequences you know?
I mean that shit even spilled over to the west.
>>
File: CAN YOU FEEL.png (133KB, 770x562px) Image search: [Google]
CAN YOU FEEL.png
133KB, 770x562px
>wolf
>is loyal
>a bit awkward, rough around the edges, but protects people dear to him
>Accel Rock makes him go faster
>alternate form is red
>weak to Water

B R A V O
R
A
V
O

who is Kusakamon
>>
>>30849796
>>30849815
>tfw just got the Nobuhiko... Trophy using Drive

I cheesed it with Type Wild though.
>>
File: QotUsFlj.jpg (18KB, 352x315px) Image search: [Google]
QotUsFlj.jpg
18KB, 352x315px
>The name's Ryuki. I'm what you might call a star.

What does it mean, /m/?
>>
File: NASTY VENTO.png (27KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
NASTY VENTO.png
27KB, 250x250px
>>30849877
it means TATAKAE
>>
File: 1481997055525.gif (145KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1481997055525.gif
145KB, 300x200px
CHERRY ENERGY SQUASH
>>
File: Current_Mitsuzane.png (262KB, 466x258px) Image search: [Google]
Current_Mitsuzane.png
262KB, 466x258px
>>30849918
What's his team?
>>
>>30849949
I dunno, which pokemon likes to backstab
>>
>>30849877
>>30849895
Haven't watched Ryuki yet but the guy who does the voices for the advent cards is great.
Second only to Clock up.
>>
>>30849740
>Lastly the idea of worms/mushi whatever you want to call them is entirely neutral, in fact more often than not they had detrimental effects rather than any kind of implied heroism or positivity.
Exactly, and that's why the "bug is the hero type!1" meme some people are trying to push is retarded. Bugs aren't some kind of heroes, they're neutral forces of nature who will cause suffering to those who don't lead the proper lifestyles to ward them off. Hence, Dark-types being weak to them.

Kamen Rider played with the concept of bugs being natural justice and turned it into an idea for a superhero show, but it's ridiculous to draw conclusions like "In Japan, bugs are superheroes!" just because of that. Not everything is a Kamen Rider reference.
>>
>>30850248
>they're neutral forces of nature who will cause suffering to those who don't lead the proper lifestyles to ward them off. Hence, Dark-types being weak to them.
Not him but read this again.
I don't think you know how stupid this sounds.
>>
>>30850318
Not him, but that sounds perfectly reasonable and far more likely than Kamen Rider of all things being the reason.
>>
>>30850363
much like how Sonansu isn't really a reference to a comedian but a popular saying m i rite

>downplaying fucking Kamen Rider
>>
>>30850363
>but that sounds perfectly reasonable
Reasonable isn't something that doesn't explain the relationship. Following that Dark would have to be neutral to bugs.

> far more likely than Kamen Rider of all things being the reason.
Eh, I doubt it given Japan's culture in the last 50 years. KR is deeply rooted into it now just like Godzilla, Gamera and Ultraman.
>>
>>30850439
Wobbuffet is a single Pokemon. An entire type being a reference to another franchise is hilariously deluded. Seriously, how much of a fanboy can you be?
>>
>>30850488
oh like how Tyranitar is clearly not Godzilla or Volcarona is clearly not Mothra?

the very fact that homages for Japanese pop culture exists in Pokemon should support evidence that bugs being effective against dark is a nudge to kamen rider

also fuck you, kamen rider isn't some "neutral natural force as punishment", it's fucking JUSTICE
>>
>>30850465
>Following that Dark would have to be neutral to bugs.
No, because Dark-types don't lead proper lifestyles. Bugs don't have an actual sense of justice, but bad lifestyle decisions will lead to them being all over you. It's similar to the reason they were super effective against poison in gen 1.
>>
>>30850488
Wobbuffet seems considerably more unlikely given the fact that its a japanese comedian that no one in the west knew of.

But by the time the relationship between dark and was established the west had already been acclimated with Kamen Rider in the godawful Saban's Masked Rider
>>
>>30850567
>he's a faggot who only watched Kamen Rider with Saban

at least try to be slightly better with COMMON Riduh
>>
>>30850582
Come on dude. Even you should know that's the only Kamen Rider thing most normal people watched at the time in the west.
>>
>>30850567
also forgot to mention that Wobuffet's Japn name isn't just about a comedian anon, but a saying too
>>
>>30847048
Beetles are Japan's favorite bugs>>30847048
>>
File: grasping at straws.jpg (607KB, 648x881px) Image search: [Google]
grasping at straws.jpg
607KB, 648x881px
>>30850550
>the very fact that homages for Japanese pop culture exists in Pokemon should support evidence that bugs being effective against dark is a nudge to kamen rider
Yeah, and Fighting>Dark because of Kinnikuman/Jojo, right? Flying>Fighting because "I have the high ground" in Star Wars, right? That's how you sound.
>>
>>30850601
no, they'd know it as Masked Rider

Kamen Rider, the name, won't make a Western presence until Ryuki (ironic since Toei still uses Masked Rider for that)

and come on, there are people who would eventually watch actual Rider shows, the people who only are exposed to Masked Rider will call it "Power Rangers"

>>30850648
your pic defines your post anon

>he keeps referencing Jojo
>he thinks it's Kinnikuman who's the icon I'm referring to
>>
>>30849173
Ledian is literally a Kamen Rider you stupid American faggot
>>
>>30850671
Tackle is not a rider
>>
>>30846964
Bug type will forever be shit, who cares?

Can't wait for Gamefreak to make those little shitters weak to Ice, since it makes sense.
>>
>>30850559
You realise that the dark catalyst would be working in tandem with the bugs rather than against it right?
Making bugs SE to dark implies that the bugs have some kind of detrimental effect on the dark.

>>30850604
Wobuffet doesn't just take the name from from Sanpei but also the mannerisms.
>>
>>30850670
Yes, I'm referencing Jojo, and I'm correct in doing so. Because I'm not arguing Pokemon references Jojo, I'm pointing out how you're the equivalent of a Jojofag seeing references where there are none. Hate to break it to you, but you're just a delusional Kamen Rider fanboy.
>>
>>30848939
I thought it was like using psychic or chakra energy to expel the toxins from the system or dissipate them.
>>
>>30850739
>an exact, clear explanation of bug defeating evil is because of a very big, popular icon ingrained in Japanese culture that even old farts will recognize
>even fucking Pokemon media references it at some point to the tee
>lolno it's delusion because there are cancerous Jojofags making shitposting or vague references they don't even know
>my stance is right because I have this vague research about taoism and mantra, even though the whole concept isn't at all vague

I bet you think flexing biceps is dabbing

>>30850733
and the saying itself, but shush according to that guy Pokemon doesn't reference pop culture
>>
>>30850733
>Making bugs SE to dark implies that the bugs have some kind of detrimental effect on the dark.
Yeah, bugs eating your shit and attacking you kind of is detrimental. Being surrounded by bugs isn't exactly something desirable.
>>
File: kinnikuman-589083.jpg (177KB, 800x1247px) Image search: [Google]
kinnikuman-589083.jpg
177KB, 800x1247px
>>30850648
if fighting type was a reference to kinnikuman, at low health all fighting types would have a secondary ability that would make fighting super effective to all types.
i love kinnikuman but it's crazy as fuck
>>
>>30850821
yes because clearly bug pokemon outside of vespiquen fight in groups

sucks that jojofag cancer ruined topics like this, but maybe he is a jojofag trying to falseflag so there's that
>>
>>30850821
>Yeah, bugs eating your shit and attacking you kind of is detrimental
You idiot that's detrimental to whatever the dark is affecting not the dark itself.
>>
also the fact that all of his arguments always rely on bringing up jojofaggotry shows how bad he is standing
>>
>>30850933
Krim was best belt.
>>
>>30850963
NICE DRIVE

also his voice actor, a radio person in japan, is actually American iirc
>>
>>30850792
It's right because while literally only 5 year-olds and MLP-tier autists give a shit about crap like Ultraman, Kamen Rider and sentai series even in Japan, the internal bug concept is deeply ingrained into Japanese culture and idiomatic expressions. Your obsession with a kids show is making you see connections where there are none, just like with Jojofags.

>>30850856
>the dark
You do know that the Dark type is literally the evil type in Japanese, right? As in, the actual word for evil being used (Fighting types and Bug types are the exact same thing in Japanese, though, and not "hero" types like Power Rangers-watching autists like >>30850856 want to pretend).
>>
>>30846964
Why isn't Normal immune to Fairy?

Why isn't Ice resistant to Grass?

Why is Poison weak to Ground?
>>
>>30851007
Well now I know someone shitposting

>he thinks Kamen Rider isn't a massive Japanese icon but only toy fodder

the irony is so delicious especially coming from a board for Pokemon
>>
>>30851007
>You do know that the Dark type is literally the evil type in Japanese, right? As in, the actual word for evil being used (Fighting types and Bug types are the exact same thing in Japanese, though, and not "hero" types like Power Rangers-watching autists like >>30850856 want to pretend).
You can't even make sense of your own analogy anon although it is a flawed analogy. That said taking into account "aku" type your analogy makes even less sense.
>>
>>30851085
the guy already showed he's shitposting, it's pointless to argue with him
>>
>>30851085
>butthurt whining and strawmanning intensifies
Not him, but it makes perfect sense and isn't flawed in the least.
>>
File: 1448245570004.gif (428KB, 200x183px) Image search: [Google]
1448245570004.gif
428KB, 200x183px
>>30851162
>Bug deals SE damage to Dark because they work in tandem

>>30851146
Fair enough can we just get some KR talk in then? Might as well salvage the thread.
>>
>>30851146
>the guy already showed he's right, it's pointless to argue against him
Fixed that for you.
>>
>>30850991
He was born in Japan and raised in America I think.
>>
>>30851206
>because they work in tandem
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>30851214
nice try shitposter, too bad this thread will live on

>>30851206
sure
>>
>>30851269
>Genm
Shakariki Sports is the catchiest Gashat of them all. They don't show it as much as they should.
>>
>>30851234
he looks somewhat american

>>30851339
enjoy next week's ep
>>
>>30848795
This.
>>
Also I mostly blame OP's retarded post for shitposting as well. It's a reference, not "muh hero type".
>>
>ITT: a bunch of weebs pretend they know anything about Japanese culture
>>
>>30851583
well only one anyway
>>
File: 59994409_p0.png (368KB, 820x670px) Image search: [Google]
59994409_p0.png
368KB, 820x670px
>>30851529
>It's a reference
>>
>>30851627
>he has to bring out jojo shitposting because he can't really argue the claim
>>
>>30851648
Your claim is Kamen Rider shitposting in itself.
>>
>>30851715
no you already showed your stupidity here >>30851085

don't worry this thread will thrive, best you do is mash that report button for off-topic posting
>>
>>30851784
whoops, meant >>30851007

silly me
>>
>>30851784
That post certainly is stupid.
>>
>>30851828
No, you were right the first time, actually, because that post is completely right.
>>
File: 1476161497545.png (311KB, 453x442px) Image search: [Google]
1476161497545.png
311KB, 453x442px
>>30851870
That would imply bug isn't SE to Dark though
>>
>>30851870
yeah you have no idea how icons work, good to know
>>
>>30851914
No, it wouldn't. Lead a bad lifestyle (like Dark types do), and bugs will make you suffer for it. Simple as fuck.
>>
>>30852024
>he thinks being evil is "bad lifestyle"

see this is why the nature bullshit already fails in comparison, because it isn't direct to the point, it's so vague and relies on interpretations

then again you are keen on shitposting kamen rider's iconography
>>
File: 53410182_p0.png (424KB, 700x885px) Image search: [Google]
53410182_p0.png
424KB, 700x885px
>>30852054
> evil is "bad
>it's so vague
>>
>>30852024
So what exactly defines a "bad lifestyle"?
Is it being filthy?
Is it being associated with crime?
Is it not being generous?

That's problem one with your analogy, it only fits with one of the possible descriptions of a bad life style.

Two, the "bad lifestyle" itself is what represents the dark type. Not the person who has the bad lifestyle. In other words it would make normal weak to both bug and dark and bug neutral or NVF against Dark and vice versa.
>>
>>30847411
Psychic is weak to common fears. Like bugs, dark and ghosts.
>>
>>30852184
All of those can be related to Dark, sure.

>In other words it would make normal weak to both bug and dark and bug neutral or NVF against Dark and vice versa.
No. You're making no sense.
>>
File: 846.jpg (397KB, 540x768px) Image search: [Google]
846.jpg
397KB, 540x768px
>>30852148
>"bad lifestyle"
>not vague

also you should post this instead

and you're putting words in the context, it's originally "bad deeds go punished" but now you spout garbage like "bad lifestyle"
>>
>>30846964
Don't be stupid anon, bird =/= air
>>
>>30852290
>All of those can be related to Dark, sure.
But what you're not getting is that only one fits.

>No. You're making no sense.
That's because you can't comprehend your own analogy.
>>
>>30852363
>That's because you can't comprehend your own analogy.
Nice strawman. Too bad I can, and so can everyone else whose minds aren't clouded by "m-muh kamen rider references!".
>>
>>30852436
>Too bad I can
And yet you don't understand that the Dark is represented by the bad lifestyle and not the person leading it.
>>
>>30852436
>you can't understand the reference, only me!
>>
>>30846964
>He thinks bugs are heroic

But seriously anon, the reason why dark is weak to bug was because in gen1 bug was unbalanced (in a bad way) so they gave it new super effectiveness to dark, kinda like what they did when they introduced the fairy type to buff steel and poison types while nerfing dragons
>>
>>30852479
And surprise, surprise, the Pokemon embodying it are weak to bugs, hence it fits.
>>30852483
Sounds like the Kamen Riderfags alright.
>>
>>30852541
>iconography is hard to understand, but not my vague mystic tao history so much so that I also change its meaning for my convenience!
>>
>>30852541
>hence it fits.
Except that the bad lifestyle causes the bugs to propagate giving hell to the people leading it rather than slowly fixing it.
>>
>>30852541
Okay dude this is getting stupid
Lifestyle = Dark type
Insects = Bug type

The person with the bad lifestyle is going to attract insects, yes?
So then it would stand to reason that the insects and bad lifestyle go hand in hand.

What you're suggesting is that the person is the dark type and the bad lifestyle is something else.
>>
>>30852436
>Nice strawman.
That's not what strawman means.
>>
>>30852573
>vague mystic tao history
Except expressions related to it are common as fuck in Japanese. It also is related to basic biological facts that apply all over the world, as opposed to a single franchise that's mainly known within Japan.
>>30852582
>the bad lifestyle causes the bugs to propagate giving hell to the people leading it
Yeah, that's kind of why they're weak to it. What are you even going on about?

>>30852657
>So then it would stand to reason that the insects and bad lifestyle go hand in hand.
The bad lifestyle benefits the insects, yes. At the detriment of the one leading it, hence why they're weak to it.
>What you're suggesting is that the person is the dark type and the bad lifestyle is something else.
No, dark types are persons leading bad lifestyles, not just the persons or a bodiless concept of a bad lifestyle. You know, things like thugs, villains, delinquents, demons, those things.
>>
>>30852761
>Yeah, that's kind of why they're weak to it.
That makes no sense at all.
The bad lifestyle doesn't just end when the insects appear it's not a detrimental effect to it. In fact it bolsters the bad lifestyle.

Are you starting to get why your analogy doesn't make sense?
>>
>>30849872
It would have to be a bird-type
>>
>>30852847
It's a detrimental effect to the one leading it, i.e. the dark-type Pokemon. And since they're like that by nature, they're susceptible to bugs by nature. You're the one not making any sense with the bizarre ways you interpret simple things like this.
>>
>>30852937
>i.e. the dark-type Pokemon.
But what you're not getting is that the dark is the lifestyle not the person.
And even with your odd interpretation of it it still doesn't make sense because it's a part of the bad lifestyle the person is leading.

They literally go hand in hand.
>>
>>30852987
>the dark is the lifestyle
So you're saying Dark-type Pokemon are just some vague concepts without any actual body for the bugs to hurt? No? Then your point is moot, because the body of the Dark-type is affected by the bugs attracted to it because of its lifestyle. You wouldn't exactly say that someone who has parasites on them is bolstered by it.
>>
>>30847411

Psychic weaknesses are based on common phobias.
>>
>>30853067
>You wouldn't exactly say that someone who has parasites on them is bolstered by it.
You do realise the bad lifestyle is the thing that's being bolstered by the insects, right anon?

What are you having difficulties understanding specifically?
>>
>>30849357

Tvtropes is fucking amazing.
>>
>>30853123
Nothing, but you clearly are, it seems.
>>
Fuck's sake.

Look at names of dark type moves, both translated to English and original.

All cheap tricks and dirty techniques giving edge over the opponents.

This loses with a good ol' punch in the face.

This kinda shuts off any psychic that needs absolute focus to perform.

And have you ever tried to trick or deceive a beetle?

A stretch, I know, but not half as much as most of the retards in this thread.
>>
>>30846964
The best explanation to this I've heard is that Dark type generally plays on the theme of evil thoughts and trickery, and since bugs don't exactly have a brain all they follow is the hivemind, unaffected by outside influence
>>
this is the worst bait in the history of everything. He literally used "bad lifestyle getting fucked up by bugs" as a foundation. Please stop falling for it, he's autistic.
Thread posts: 144
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.