[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm trying to find a program to exit 4th gen games, specifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1481155311359.jpg (298KB, 1280x1810px) Image search: [Google]
1481155311359.jpg
298KB, 1280x1810px
I'm trying to find a program to exit 4th gen games, specifically Soul Silver. I know it can be done because there are plenty of romhacks out there, but fuckle my shuckle if I can't figure out how to do it. I found one program that I can edit JUST Pokemon (and scripts, but I'm trying to mess with those), but I can't edit moves or anything else. PPRE seems to be where google leads me, but it's a bunch of uncompiled files and when I try to move them to my pc, they don't work. The hell. Does anyone know where I can find a program to edit Gen 4 games without having a degree in computer engineering?
>>
>>30841627
>I'm trying to find a program to exit 4th gen games

Sorry, Spiky-eared Pichu, I'm afraid you're stuck on the DS for good.
>>
>>30841910
EDIT. My bad.
>>
>>30841627
Oh boy. ROM "hacker" here, editing gen IV games is horrific if you aren't familiar with a hex editor. Most of the tools are buggy or unfinished, and the few that aren't are DPPt only. That said, SDSME is mostly usable, and there are a few other tools out there that you could use without too many issues. Do you want to change anything other than pokemon, moves and scripts?
>>
>>30842255
I just want to tweak the base stats of a few Pokemon, which I can do with the piece of a program I have, and edit the power and pp of a few moves. That's the part I can't do. I really just want to apply some gen 6/7 changes to the old moves. What is sdsme?

Hg/As are the only games I haven't played to completion yet. I'd really like to do this thing.
>>
>>30842477
Ok, that shouldn't be too hard. SDSME is an unfinished editing suite for the DS games, you won't need it for editing moves. I take you've got no problem extracting narcs and reinserting them once you're done? If so, I've got a slightly clunky move editor you can use, I just need a few minutes to upload it.
>>
>>30842577
Please do. That's really all I need at this point. I dont want to edit text or maps. Just a couple of moves.
>>
>>30842614
Here's the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw0cbznV4l_TanotT3hJb0xRbkU
If you haven't used Nightmare before, click File - Open Rom and direct it to the move data narc, then click Modules - Load Modules and open the Attack Data Module.nmm file in the move editor folder. Press enter to apply changes you make, then use ctrl + s to save changes as usual.
>>
>>30842729
Alright, cool. If I can't figure it out, I'll rely on Google.

I can edit Gen 5, 6, and some of 7. But gen 4 is ridiculous to edit.
>>
>>30842800
Yeah, I don't know what happened with 4. It should really be as easy as 6 and 7, but it just doesn't have the tools it should.
>>
>>30842853
People weren't big of hacking games back then I guess?

When I run it and load my rom, it still says 'platinum move editor'. Will it still work with soul silver?
>>
>>30842914
Yeah, the move narc is the same in Platinum and HGSS, I just made that module for Platinum and never bothered to rename it. It's been tested it on sacred gold and it worked fine, so you shouldn't have any problems.
>>
>>30842957
Cool. You're the real MVP.

It's hard to go back and play older games once you've gotten used to the changes they've made over the years. The Leech Life damage boost was long overdue, as well as a lot of other changes.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.