[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /vp/ think of Nuzlocke runs? Ultimate test of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

File: Poke nuz.png (156KB, 800x332px) Image search: [Google]
Poke nuz.png
156KB, 800x332px
What does /vp/ think of Nuzlocke runs? Ultimate test of skill? Fun? Lame?
>>
its retarded
>>
>>30837416
Very fun, doing one of Sun right now. Haven't gotten very far, but I'm already using Pokemon I normally wouldn't.
>>
I think they are fun but I have one major question. I know you can only catch one Pokemon per route but what about the different areas of the safari zone?
>>
>>30837416
It's shit that goes against the creator's wishes.
>>
>>30837495
How so?

>>30837464
I go with just the first one you see in the whole area. Since that was what was implied in the web comic
>>
>>30837464
Depends on the person doing the Nuzlocke. I do only the first encounter I get in the entire zone, but some people do each area.
>>
>>30837528
The creator purposely had Pokemon faint instead of die so that players wouldn't equate losing with death. Nuzlocke throws that out the window.
>>
Best game for first time Nuzlocke?
>>
>>30837416
sometimes they can be fun, but most of the time i end up with shitters i don't like and/or have already used before in another game

lately i just catch whatever looks interesting, i like using new and different pokemon whenever i play through a game anyway
>>
>>30837581
How does that go against the creator's wishes though? His main wish was most likely for the players to enjoy themselves, and the point of a Nuzlocke is to enjoy a game more by making it more challenging.
>>
>>30837680
>How does that go against the creator's wishes though?
Nuzlocke is playing the game in a way the creator didn't want.
>>
>>30837651
FR/LG
>>
>>30837714
How sure of that are you, Anon?
>>
>>30837714
This is like getting mad cheat codes exist, hacks exist, pacifist runs exist in games where you need to kill, and speedrunning exists.
>>
>>30837726
>no entry animations

This shit shouldt annoy my autistm but it does.

>>30837677
Thats what I do for normal re-play of the games. Just found out Kabatops is the bomb
>>
>>30837464
I just do first thing I catch there. And I try to capture everything I see.
>>
File: 1473876621457.jpg (15KB, 320x310px) Image search: [Google]
1473876621457.jpg
15KB, 320x310px
>>30837714
>Playing in a way that forces you to use new Pokemon that you might otherwise not use
>Against creator's wishes
>>
>>30837782
>Not knowing the history of Pokemon

>>30837788
And?

>>30837869
>the only way to use Pokemon you normally wouldn't use is to Nuzlocke
>>
>>30837908
>Not knowing that the creators simply wish for people to enjoy their games
Kek
>>
>>30838179
Keep telling yourself that. :^)
>>
So is the comic just gonna be a yearly release now?
>>
>>30837908
>>the only way to use Pokemon you normally wouldn't use is to Nuzlocke
Yes?
It forces you to, even against your wish. If you dislike thinking they're dead, you and I both know that isn't the case. You just simply release them after one faints. This is the most effective method to use a great number of Pokemon, but also keeping a team of only 6 Pokemon.
>>
>>30838250
Go ahead and keep telling yourself Pokemon should only be played one way :^)
>>
>>30838260
not that anon, i am all for nuzlockes, but i personally go out of my way to use pokemon i normally dislike or ignored previously when i do a replay of a game, specifically to see if i can learn to love them. it's not that hard to do.
>>
>>30837869
I would never have used Carnivine if it wasn't for a Nuzlocke, and while the cunt's still fucking shit stat wise at least he's now a bro and holds sentimental value in my books.
>>
>>30838357
Sorry meant to reply to the doingus who thinks Nuzlockes ruin the 'creator's wishes'
>>
File: 1823021-293.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1823021-293.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>30838377
>>
>>30838326
Good, then. You're an autist. Most people like using Pokemon they like, not the opposite. You can use Nuzlocke's to increase difficulty.
>>
>>30838467
>trying out Pokemon you disliked or overlooked freely instead of convoluted fanmade "mode" is now autism
this is what nuzlockers believe
>>
>>30838467
>implying only autistic people can try new things to see if they can like them
That's like saying i'm autistic for trying sushi for the first time.
>>
>>30838510
Don't lump all of us Nuzlockers in with that way of thinking.
>>
>>30837416
Not as hard as people say it is. Imho they're pretty fucking easy and don't add much to the game.
>>
>>30837416

Too easy, I end up with like 20 pokemon in my box and only maybe 1 or 2 dead. I've toyed with different rules like no Pokemon centers or No items but i still can't seem to find a difficulty that's just hard enough.
>>
>>30838835
You're so cool.
>>
>>30838881

I wouldn't call being unable to have fun with something everyone else is having fun with "cool" It's kind of depressing.
>>
>>30837714
>>30837495
The creator wanted to make money, they could probably give fewer fucks about how you play the game as long as you buy it. I don't care for Nuzlocke either but this is just autism.
>>
>>30837416
Lame.

They inevitably become grindfests. If you don't grind and don't go out of your way to gain levels, you'll inevitably get screwed over at some point. It only takes one bad instance of RNG to destroy your run.

Skill has nothing to do with it. If you're willing to grind for five extra levels before a gym leader, you won't lose. It's a challenge in the loosest sense of the word.
>>
>>30837416
It's a shitty grindfest that tests how well you know what's in store.
>>
>Hapu just wiped 4/6 of my team

FUCKING HORSE RIDING WHORE

OF COURSE YOUR MUDSDALE SURVIVES WITH 1 HP

OF COURSE YOUR FLYGON OUTSPEEDS MY NINETALES

OF COURSE YOUR SHITTY SLUG STALLS OUT MY AURORA VEIL WITH RECOVER

AND THEN I'M FORCED TO FUCKING POTION STALL TO KEEP MY KROOKODILE ALIVE WHILE IT SPAMS EARTH POWER
>>
>>30838467
What the fuck is this post. It's autistic to try something new?
>>
>>30838510
>Everyone does things they dislike as often as things they do like
>>
>>30837416

Complete shit meme that has yet somehow carved a niche for itself in the pokemon community and sits there interminably like a cancerous growth. It'll never go away.
>>
>>30838532
Difference is, Sushi can be tried in a second. A Pokemon takes much longer to try. You can't use something in one battle and pretend to know everything about it.
Surprise, not everyone likes wasting time raising Pokemon they don't like.
>>
>People actually hate nuzlockes even tho no one forces them to play with their rules
neck yourselves
>>
>>30842312
Just like with Smogon.
>>
>>30837416
I think it's great for people to play the game how they want to play it. What I don't understand is the popularity and the need to share your nuzlocke and follow others. I guess I'm just not an online sharing kind of person and using language like "unexpected bro" and "epic critical" doesn't suit my play style. It doesn't appeal to me but if people are having fun that's all that matters.
>>
>>30837416
I don't get the point. If you want to use different pokemon its more effective to play normally and if you want a challenge a low level run better forces you to try different strats and movesets. Maybe its a thing for roleplayer.
>>
>>30837416
They're shit.
>>
I've never gotten far into a Nuzlocke run without giving into pressure and cheating whenever a mon I liked died. So I just have a single question, how do runs work when you eventually fight the Box Legendary like Groudon? Do you kill it or try to capture and maintain the perma-death rules?
>>
>>30842377

Wrong. Smogonfags try to give you shit if you don't play by Smogon rules.

>Y-you can't use that, it's not allowed on Smogon!
>LOL, you use THAT shitmon? It's not even on the RU list
>>
>>30842882
Usually I kill it just because I personally avoid using legendaries, especially during Nuzlockes. Depending on the legendary, it can be a mini boss.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.