[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this a waifu? It's just a mantis, er well a plant

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 10

File: Lurantis.png (547KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Lurantis.png
547KB, 1280x1280px
Why is this a waifu? It's just a mantis, er well a plant that looks like a mantis. Is it because it's pink?
>>
vaguely feminine torso shape, ass, pajama pants, cute face, head shape makes it look like hair
>>
please show me to the bipedal mantises with pink striped pants
>>
File: SkypePhoto_20161216_140028.jpg (419KB, 1183x1200px) Image search: [Google]
SkypePhoto_20161216_140028.jpg
419KB, 1183x1200px
Tfw drawing her last night
Tfw shut down computer before
Tfw have to start pretty from from scratch
Why do you reminded me of my stupidity?
Pic related was the what I had left...
>>
>>30828533
Because degenerates will masturbate to anything that looks even remotely feminine.
>>
>>30828674
Your theory might have meaning if Aromatisse and Jynx had fanbases here.
>>
Just to humor OP and his silly thread I'll explain what makes lurantis a "waifu"

The fact that it's pink and has big shiny eyes are an obvious factor, but an important aspect of its design is the way that its claws echo the shape of a long sleeved kimono-like dress. Its gesture and pose give the impression of a woman holding her hand to her face in an alluring way. The straight down shape of its legs also give the impression of a kimono, though the fact that it clearly has pants kind of throws it off. Maybe someone who knows more about fashion than me can elaborate. The things on its back are also reminiscent of the bow on the back of a kimono.

The name "lurantis" while obviously being a reference to the orchid mantis also has implications of it being beautiful and alluring. Its Sun pokedex entry talks about hobbyists taking special care of their lurantis, obviously a reference to how people care for real orchids while suggesting that lurantis should be doted upon.

I don't get them really but I love the striped pants. Lurantis is a very well thought out pokemon even if its typing is a bit nonsensical. I get that it's a play on the origin but there's not much benefit of a grass pokemon pretending to be a bug, unlike sudowoodo which has a typing that is mostly the opposite of what it seems.
>>
File: notmad.jpg (34KB, 489x479px) Image search: [Google]
notmad.jpg
34KB, 489x479px
it's the coy posture obviously you autismos
>>
>made to look like it's wearing a kimono
>long sleeves are often seen as rather feminine
>wide hips, narrow torso
>its stance in battle is definitely feminine too
>it is cute, and cute things are also considered feminine
>so are flowers
>>
File: 1478532174464.png (91KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1478532174464.png
91KB, 500x500px
>>30828533
It's cute.
>>
>>30828533
I would eat its ass clean desu
>>
It's to make up for the fact that it's not in OU

Plus because me and including a few others want to fug the bug
>>
>>30828612

Fucking bullshit. Last week I posted a pic of a naked girl's back and I got banned. How the fuck aren't you gone?
>>
File: 59360566_p0.jpg (842KB, 1158x1724px) Image search: [Google]
59360566_p0.jpg
842KB, 1158x1724px
>>
>>30828533
It's based on plants that mimic insect vaginas.
>>
because it's pretty blatantly stylized to be wearing a furisode
>>
>>30828557
>cute face
What the absolute fuck is wrong with you?
>>
>>30829198
>tfw lurantis was a generation too late to be used by furisode girls
>>
>>30828860
I think the motif is incomplete right now.
In my opinion, it desperate needs a Fairy dual typing. That would also distance it from Tsereena.

Lets get this out of the way:
Pink blah blah. Yeah, its superficial and less important than the other facts I'll list, but I"ll just throw it out there too. A lot of fairies are pink and cutsie and so is Lurantis.

Coy/Playful deception:
A lot of fairies have this motif. This playful mischevous air about them. See the moves Play Rough, Baby-Doll Eyes, Draining Kiss, etc.
Its about using a cute charm to lure in unsespecting foes and do harm to them.

Lurantis fits perfectly into that theme. It looks demure and coquettish like Mega-Mawile or Wigglytuff, but it strikes fiercely like a Granbull or an Azumaril.

Even the name is reminiscent of Aromatise who pretty much has the same venus fly trap style theme (luring prey in with something nice).

Fairys also have a huge connection to flowers in GF's collective mind. Look at Florges, Comfey, and all those moves/abilities like Flower Veil, Fleur Canon, Floral Healing, Flower Shield.

This would have been the perfect Pokemon to skillfully meld the elements of Fairy and Grass. A relationship that GF has forced since Fairy's introduction. It honestly astounds me that they didn't make it Fairy/Grass. That being said they did seem to be determined to stick a wedge in between the two types when the made neither the Florges line nor Comfey part grass.
Also Lycanroc exists.
Also its GameFreak so we can't really expect much in terms of cohesion/consistency.
>>
It's pink and looks like it's going :3< and it was the first supposedly "waifuable" Pokemon this gen so people latched to it
>>
>>30828533
Anything vaguely feminine is a waifumon, according to /vp/
>>
File: 1470963558337.png (160KB, 1152x720px) Image search: [Google]
1470963558337.png
160KB, 1152x720px
It's cute and feminine in design.
why is its stat spread the same as swamped/incineroar/tsareena but lower? Its almost an extact spread among all 4 of them with slight variations in totals
>>
File: IMG_6953.jpg (562KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6953.jpg
562KB, 2048x1536px
>>30828654
well shit, hope you get the motivation to complete it, it's not bad at all

>>30828612
>tits on all of the well drawn smut

why.

>>30829729
this is the true reason above all else though. if Regice had a slight curve around its waist it'd be a waifu around here
>>
>>30829638
Yeah that makes a lot of sense.

I also wonder if maybe it could be part electric or something, so it pretends to be a bug to lure in flying types and then zaps them. But I guess the deception aspect wasn't that important to them since the game clearly presents it as a grass type when you fight it as the grass totem.
>>
>>30828860
I remember seeing a gijinka of lurantis with a kimono. It definitely fits.
>>
>>30830244
That would have been very interesting!
Make the bows into generator looking coil things.
Change up the color scheme a bit.
That would have added a whole new layer to it!
>>
>>30829801
What bird is this?
>>
>>30829209
Shit taste confirmed desu
>>
>>30829209
What's wrong with you?
>>
File: Lurantis.jpg (208KB, 1249x1394px) Image search: [Google]
Lurantis.jpg
208KB, 1249x1394px
>>30828654
Woo finished!
>>
File: Absolutely alright.jpg (11KB, 250x312px) Image search: [Google]
Absolutely alright.jpg
11KB, 250x312px
>>30834374
>>
>>30834374
Adorable
>>
>>30830562
>>30829801
Seconding this, this bird looks adorable. Would like to know what kind it is.
>>
Why is a mantis not a bug type???
>>
>>30828533
There is only one egg group ok to fug and that is human-like. Most of these are psychic or fighting
Types that are never ok to fug
>bug
>grass
>poison
>steel
>fire
>rock
>ground
>ice
>ghost
>flying
>dark
Types that are sometimes ok to fug but remember, 4 legs bad, 2 legs good
>water
>fae
>normal
>dragon
>>
>>30837245
It isn't a mantis. It is a flower SHAPED like a mantis.
>>
>>30837287
I disagree with your opinion
>>
File: Green-comb Spider Orchid.jpg (42KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
Green-comb Spider Orchid.jpg
42KB, 640x960px
>>30837245
hey dude check out this spider
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.