[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It's a "Pokemon that would actually be great had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1470.jpg (23KB, 213x237px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1470.jpg
23KB, 213x237px
>It's a "Pokemon that would actually be great had it not been for the meme typing and lack of reliable recovery" episode.
>>
>>30822237
Reckless Emboar is fun for a laugh against my friends atleast. But yeah. I am convinced Game Freak designes a handfull of mons each gen with care, and for the rest they just slap moves and stats on them randomly.
>>
>>30822256
they probably dont even test them out, they just slap on some moves, stats and abilities and call it a day and then wait 6 months to release the next set of games lol
>>
Recovery would not help it at all and its typing isn't bad either, it's just an average Pokemon with nothing spectacular about it
>>
>>30822237
Fire/Fighting is a good offensive typing, meme or not
The stat distribution (slow mixed sweeper lololo) is what's killing him
>>
Gen 5's starters were the epitomy of bad game design and GF not giving a single fuck.

Serperior probably had the best deal in terms of stats but got a completely raw deal on moves and typing. Least it eventually got Contrary which somewhat made up for some things because it is a legitimately great ability but it still learns like no other non-grass type moves besides Dragon Tail and Aqua Tail I think?

Looking past the silly re-used typing Emboar got the best deal with usable moves but the shittiest stat spread of them all. It eventually got Reckless for suicide antics and Sucker Punch for priority but it can't even use them very well because its too fast for TR and too slow for boosting.

Then holy shit we have the black sheep Samurott, you can't even make something this bad by accident. It was like GF went out of their way to design the most mediocre generic water type possible on purpose. It has almost nothing to distinguish itself in abilities or stats they're all mediocre or bad. To make things worse GF simply didn't give a shit about it because it didn't get anything new or useful in the later games.

Anyone who complains about the Gen 7 starters being bad doesn't have a fucking clue what they're talking about. Gen 5 was the true bottom of the barrel for useless starters when all 3 of them were awful.
>>
>>30822328
That too. All I could think when I see his stat distribution is "Good god stop being so generous with the Special Attack that will never be used."
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.