[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Diamond and Pearl Remakes >Turns out that Ultra Space

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 1

File: 3066794-3234670904-12478.jpg (66KB, 694x383px) Image search: [Google]
3066794-3234670904-12478.jpg
66KB, 694x383px
>Diamond and Pearl Remakes
>Turns out that Ultra Space is the dimension where Dialga and Palkia live in
>They can change to their now revealed Origin Form there but turn to their regular one in the normal world
>>
>>30822088
Forgot: like Giratina
>>
>>30822088
>>Ultra Space is the dimension where Dialga and Palkia live in
They live in separate dimensions.

>>They can change to their now revealed Origin Form there
Absolutely nothing suggests they have any other forms.
>>
>>30822199
Say that to Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza
>>
>>30822279
>Groudon, Kyogre
Their PokeDex entries basically say they fought so hard they fell into coma. It makes sense for them.
And Fug got a Mega. No Origin form. A completely different concept. He's not going back to his original state. He's evolving from his original state.
>>
>>30822199
>what is explorers of time/darkness/sky
>>
>>30822322
Never played it. From what I've read, the Primal Dialga in that doesn't actually revert to his primal state. He just goes crazy.
>>
If it counts, we've already see them in their respective dimensions in the movies, and they were still in the same old forms
>>
>>30822340
That's true, I believe its called Dark Dialga in Japan as well.
>>
I'd rather Ultra Space be the Distortion World, and the UBs are just something Giratina's world shat out.

Plus it'd be a good way to link the plot of SM to the DP remakes.
>>
>>30822340
Also, "Primal Dialga" is a mistranslation, in Japanese he's called "Dark Dialga" iirc, just like Shadow Lugia from XD-GoD is called "Dark Lugia" too.
>>
>>30822199
Absolutely nothing suggested that Giratina had an Origin Form back in D/P either though, right? Also, GF can pull whatever they want up if that will give them some sweet, sweet money anyways, so it's not like it matters.
>>
>>30822715
Because Giratina didn't exist back in DP. You weren't supposed to get it. It's story wasn't explored, at all. It was just in the game.
If we had seen Distortion World, it would've been clear. To move around in Distortion World, Levitate is a necessity.
>>
>>30822784
> It's story wasn't explored, at all.
What a coincidence, just like Megaverse's Dialga and Palkia's Story.
>>
>>30823016
Not really. Dialga and Palkia has been explored a lot. In side games, moveis and all of Sinnoh games, along with HGSS. If after all of this, they somehow say Dialga and Palkia were never in their original form, it'll be an asspull of Ash-ninja level.
>>
>>30823457
>Not really.
>A lot of Oldverse Dialga & Palkia examples.
So.. yeah, I'll say it again: Megaverse's Dialga and Palkia stories haven't been explored and that's a viable path to give them something new if GF wants to give some appeal to the hypothetical D/P Remakes.
>>
>>30823551
Give me 1 (one) good reason to believe there's any difference at all.
>>
>>30823586
The whole "Az blasting the Cannon that makes noticeable differences in the Megaverse compared to the Oldverse" topic.
>>
>>30823586
Groudon and Kyogre
Every mega
Giratina
Basically any mon that had a new form in a subsequent game.
>>
>>30823620
>Noticeable difference
Megas exist. That's literally it. Did you not play ORAS? It's completely the same as RS, with more dialog and Megas.
SM takes place after DPPt, and nothing, absolutely nothing, suggests things went differently this time.
>>
>>30823648
Megas, Primal Energy, infinity energy and possibly Z moves.
As well as several character back stories, areas and general lore. Hell the whole origin of Sootopolis has been rewritten.

Also if you hadn't noticed ORAS has significant changes over RSE.
>>
>>30822088
I'm really tired of pokemon having different forms, legendaries which look like big spiky dragons, and pokemon which are too powerful compared to the rest of them for silly reasons

mew two was powerful because it was telekinetic okay... i don't really like pokemon being able to control space and time.

it's just so dumb.
>>
>>30823687
Agreed, Gods of the abstract elements of the universe was a little too far for pokemon. They should have never goon past Groudon and Kyogre's strength level.
>>
>>30823648
>Nothing suggests things went differently in the Megaverse compared to the Oldverse.
When were those D/P Megaverse Remakes released again? Oh, yeah, never.

Where were those hints about the events of D/P happening exactly the same in their Megaverse equivalent? Oh, yeah, nowhere.

Why can't GF make a sudden PoweredUP form for Dialga and Palkia if that helps them to make the fans get interested on the games they're going to play a big role for just like Groudon & Kyogre? Oh, yeah, they can.
>>
>>30823681
>Megas, Primal Energy, infinity energy
All of this didn't change the story at all. Groudon looked slightly different when going batshit crazy. That's all it did.

>Hell the whole origin of Sootopolis has been rewritten
>Rewritten
HOW? It had no history prior to ORAS.

>Also if you hadn't noticed ORAS has significant changes over RSE.
Exactly what? The story was literally the same. Just Megas exist.

Even Primal Groudon/Kyogre isn't a new thing. They always were said to be not at their fullest. ORAS allows them to be at their fullest.

>It's Megaverse, so Dialga and Palkia now somehow have a completely new lore surrounding them
Again, stop with the headcanon. You have nothing that suggests this. If you want them to have a new form, giving them a Mega Evolution makes much more sense.
>>
>>30823711
Why were they decided to make gen 4 Pokemon basically gods who could xontrol time and space anyway? And after that came gen 5 with dragon of ideal and truth which was underwhelming.
>>
>>30823788
>It's Megaverse, so Dialga and Palkia somehow have a completely new lore surrounding them
Literally never said this. The ONLY thing I've said since the beginning, is that GF have their ways if they want to give a new form to Dialga and Palkia.
>>
>>30823851
And the only thing I've said is that it'll be just an asspull of ass-ninja if that form is a Primal form. It doesn't make sense for them to suddenly be in a weaker state.
If GF wants to give them a new form, give them a Mega.
>>
>>30823870
Then Giratina's Origin Form is an asspull too, considering that its whole plot became a thing after the games he first appeared in. D/P's description of it only mentioned that he lived in a world that worked as a mirror for the one the game happens, that's it. The Distortion World and it having an Origin Form came afterwards in the exact same fashion as an hypothetical Primal Form for Dialga and Palkia could come to be.
>>
>>30823991
One- Giratina wasn't in DP. It had no established story.
Two- Giratina's Origin form is NOT stronger than it's normal form. It is just different.
Three- Stop being retarded.
>>
>>30824039
Giratina was in DP the same way Zygarde was in XY.
>>
>>30824039
1) Yes it was, it was there, its data was there, you were able to obtain it once you got the National Dex, you can even search for it on Youtube.
2) Does it matter? The possibility is there, that has been my point since the very, fucking, beginning.
3) Ladies goes always first.
>>
>>30824105
>1) Yes it was, it was there, its data was there, you were able to obtain it once you got the National Dex, you can even search for it on Youtube.
No, it wasn't. It was, as the other anon pointed out, the same as Zygarde and Kyurem. It had no story.

>2) Does it matter?
Yes, it does matter. It means the Pokemon didn't just get stronger. It means it wasn't in a weaker state. If the new form you're talking about is literally the same, but gives DIalga/Palkia the ability to fly, then sure, there's no asspull here. But that is not what you're suggesting.
>>
>>30824217
1) So.. you're going to deny a Pokémon's existance in X game just because it was more developed afterwards? The keywords here are: Developed and Afterwards.

2) What I'm suggesting, again, is that GF have their ways if they want to give a new form to X Pokémon as long as it helps their games to sell better.
>>
>>30824295
>1) So.. you're going to deny a Pokémon's existance in X game just because it was more developed afterwards? The keywords here are: Developed and Afterwards.
No, I'm denying the existence of a lore surrounding it. Giratina had no lore, and that gave GF a chance to give it a new form without resorting to asspulls.

>2) What I'm suggesting, again, is that GF have their ways if they want to give a new form to X Pokémon as long as it helps their games to sell better.
And I'm not denying that. I'm saying it would be a shit move to say the Dialga we have seen all these years was actually a weakened. That a stronger, primal version of it existed. That's what you call an asspull. If they want to give it a new form, don't make it stronger. If you must make it stronger, give it a Mega. Claiming Dialga was weaken would the wrong thing here.
>>
>>30823788
>All of this didn't change the story at all.
Except for the fact that now they were using the meteorite and chimney to create a stone similar to a megastone in order to control Groudon and Kyogre as opposed to making it erupt or become dormant.
Primal energy. Well that rewrote the legend and gave them a reason to fight.
Infinity energy is a fairly large element in DE.

>HOW? It had no history prior to ORAS.
Sootopolis was created from the crater of a super volcano in RSE.
In ORAS it was the result of a meteorite crashing down between the first and second clash of Groudon and Kyogre. This meteorite was also the first keystone that allowed Ray to mega evolve.

>Exactly what? The story was literally the same. Just Megas exist.
See above. Also the motivations of Maxie and Archie and the personalities of the team admins.

>They always were said to be not at their fullest.
That was never actually a thing until ORAS. At most you would get the whole "had a climactic battle and went to sleep" description.
>>
>>30824450
BTFO
>>
>>30824217
>the same as Zygarde and Kyurem. It had no story.
Kyurem actually had a small legend of it's own attached to it.

It was a monster that had appeared from a meteor that would kidnap and eat the people in Lacunosa.
Which is why Lacunosa is built more like a fort and has a curfew.
>>
>>30824450
Fuck, someone who has played the game. I lost.
>>
>UB-Dialga with auto-trick room
Calling it now.
>>
>>30824592
Wouldn't that fit with Palkia though? He was the one who controlled Spaces after all.
>>
>>30824592
>Ultra Forms
>Like Primals, they don't take the Mega slot, nor the Primal slot.
>...---...
>>30824636
Trick room's speed shifting feels more like timefuckery than actual room dimentions.
>>
>>30823711
It's probably why they tried to scale it back a shit ton in Gen 5. I like the gen 4 legends, it adds a lot of lore to the region and world but the power levels implied were a bit too far for me too.

Shame, since Giratina is easily my favourite legendary.
>>
>>30824714

>Gods of Abstract Concepts are somehow more scaled back than Gods of Abstract Elements

Legendaries were a mistake.
>>
>>30824774
Yes?
There's a large difference between mon affected by truths and ideals and mons that control time, space and anti-matter.
>>
>>30824822

Not really, they're still Gods. Platinum may have started this trend but B/W do not get a free pass out of it because they did the same thing. Pokemon legendaries have gotten totally out of control.
>>
>>30824871
>Not really, they're still Gods
What?
How are they gods? They don't don't exactly control truths and ideals as much as they embody the fact that they're one and the same.
>>
>>30824871
Tao Trio is worse than the Gen 3 box legends lorewise. It's absolutely a step back from Pokemon which can destroy and create universes.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.