[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm pretty new to battle facilities in Pokemon, but this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 5

File: battletreestreak.jpg (23KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
battletreestreak.jpg
23KB, 400x240px
I'm pretty new to battle facilities in Pokemon, but this place is some hot shit.

Toxapex, Ninetales and Garchomp all BTFO'd by a Lickilicky that never missed a single Blizzard or Thunder, yet when I get confused one time I can't stop hitting myself. Second fucking battle too.

I've spent days perfecting IVs and EVs but this just seems deliberately unfair. Am I missing something? It's just kinda unfun.
>>
>>30813831
Nope.
AI is complete bullshit there, it legit cheats the system and has perfect predictions, not even fucking kidding.
>>
>>30814606
Don't forget it builds a team to perfectly counter yours even when that team would get absolutely wrecked by absolutely anything but your team.

Also invisble focus sashes and missing hydropumps and thunders in rain and speed hax
>>
>>30813831
There's no way to soften the blow, so let me give it to you straight.
It's legit cheating.
Like, not even joking, the battle facility was built to fuck RNG right up the ass without lube.
It was made to fuck you repeatedly with a sand paper dildo.
All Battle Facilities have been like this for years, it actually takes some pretty good luck to not get absolutely decimated.
And there's nothing you can do about it, you just gotta pray and beg the AI has Pokemon your team can one/two shot.
No amount of breeding or grinding you do will make it any better, you're better off just injecting some perfect mons.
>>
I figured maybe they'd start cuntpunching you after 10 or 20 battles at least, not with a fat piece of shit right out the gate.
>>
File: lillie pouty.jpg (38KB, 366x504px) Image search: [Google]
lillie pouty.jpg
38KB, 366x504px
>>30814606
I'd honestly believe it.
I had a Sandyghast that could heal itself with Shore Up, only enemy left was a Braviary. It could only hit me with Rock Slide and Air Slash. Each of it's hits was doing maybe 10% HP? Plus I had Leftoves, so probably less. I could only touch it with Giga Drain, but whatever, maybe 6 hits and it's dead? Could easily kill it before it kills me so long as I heal a couple times, gg easy win.

The Braviary proceeds to flinch me 9 fucking consecutive turns in a row for the kill.
>>
the haxs goes the other way also. I cant tell how many times muk's poison touch activates while playing in battle tree. Seriously, once it did on all of the opposing team at the first knock off.
>>
File: 1479853313949.jpg (22KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1479853313949.jpg
22KB, 500x376px
Git gud
The AI is pants-on-head retarded, and often uses garbage sets, items, and wrong abilities. Good teambuilding and prediction can take you a long way.
>>
>>30814606
>>30814672
>>30814738

>RNG benefits the opponent
>T-the AI is just cheating!

Accept your loss and learn that luck has always been a factor.
>>
>>30813831
so is it better to go in with a team of overpowered sweepers or should you leave one spot for a cheap staller?
>>
>>30814866
>and prediction
So you literally want me to become a clairvoyant just to be able to beat this cheating fucking place?
Yeah, no thanks
>>
>>30814971
>T-the AI is just cheating!
But it actually is
Have you not faced Shell Smash Kommo-o or something? The AI gets impossible sets for their Pokemon just so they can fuck you mercilessly
>>
>>30815055

Name three other pokemon that have illegal moves in the battle tree.
>>
>>30815055
Post the battle video.
>>
I don't get the constant complaining about the battle tree

If you really care that much about beating the AI, just use tapus/UBs/memefrogs and enjoy your free wins
>>
A question, once you scout out someone for Multi-Battle, you scouted him for good, right?
>>
>>30813831

If you got swept by a Lickilicky just because it was hitting you with non-stab attacks then you are fucking abysmal.
>>
>>30815161
That doesn't help for multis though.
>>
Battle ____ isn't about learning how to play pokemon well, it's learning how to play pokemon better than someone who is cheating. Which is retarded, but possible.
>>
>>30813831
the battle tree frequently mistakes my hp/att invested minior as a tank and brings mons with toxic
>X used toxic
>minior's shields down
fail.
>>
>>30813831
Mimikyu @ Fairyium Z
Ability: Disguise
EVs:4 HP / 252Atk / 252Spe
Jolly Nature
Swords Dance
Shadow Claw
Play Rough
Shadow Sneak

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Poison Jab
Fire Blast

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 108 Atk / 28 Def / 116 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
Swords Dance
Roost
Bullet Punch
Knock Off

Assuming you aren't retarded, you'll get to 50 easily. All the people claiming that it outright cheats are just trying to compensate for their lack of skill.

>>30815202
Yes, if you scout them again it overrides their current team.
>>
>>30815034
Dude that's the BASIC skill when it comes to Pokémon battles. You see the opponent's Pokémon, and think what is the obvious thing to happen next. Your action then is based on that.

If you're using a water 'mon and see an electric opponent, what do you do?
>>
>>30815360
Whoops, replace Scizor's Knock Off with X-Scissor.
>>
>>30813831
Generally here is my set up:

1. Start off with an offensive lead or anti-hazard since the AI never switches
2. Always have a bulky yet Pokemon, that can actually do damage as a first option switch in. Like A-Muk, Goodra, Tapu Bulu, etc.
3. Make sure to protect your sweeper. Berries, Focus Sash, the works

Sitrus Berries over Leftovers. Assault Vest is king
>>
>>30815379
Not him but it doesn't really work when the Battle Tree trainers have Pokémon with the most BS movesets specifically to counter you whereas no human with a brain would actually use them. I got swept by a Slowking that someone out sped my entire team, including a Garchomp. No Trick Room.

Bullshit like that just makes me feel like the game said 'nah, you've gotten far enough, time to stop'
>>
>>30815426
somehow outsped*

That aside, why did they throw you directly into the 'hard' battles with fully evolved Pokémon instead of being like XY/ORAS and introducing you to the Battle facility with NFEs? I wanted to get the Destiny Knot and Power items so I could breed and train Pokémon to use in the Battle Tree, but to do that, I had to repeatedly lose at round 2-3 with my in-game team until I finally got enough points to get the damn items.
>>
>decide I'm sick of the tree's shit, get myself an aegislash
>quiet nature, 0 speed ivs
>somehow outspeeds a vaporeon and gets oneshot by its shadow ball
pls explain
>>
>>30815499
>slowking outspeeding garchomp outside tr
Liar. Filthy, filthy liar. Slowking only hits a maximum of 90 Speed, even with Scarf it doesn't outspeed. Either you had 1) a low IV no EVs garchomp which is honestly your own fucking fault if you're this retarded to use it or 2) you're lying

This entire thread is proof that /vp/ is fucking garbage at their namesake game. Sad!
>>
>>30814866
I love that this image is azumarill because I used it on my team to get the 50 streak
>>
>>30814818
And then we have Warlein.
>>
>>30814738
The facilities have never been this bad

>>30814866
The AI has hidden abilities and megas that arent even available to us
>>
>>30815379
I had a fully EV trained 252 Speed Gengar and the opponent's Gengar still outsped mine
>>
>>30815947
Speed tie
>>
>>30815549

The A.I stuck a speed reducing item on it just to counter your Aegislash.
>>
1HKO moves were a mistake.
>>
>>30813831
> Sword dance Mimikyu with red card. Thank me later
>>
>>30816770
Isn't Res Card a one time use?
>>
>>30816792
Yes but it mind fucks the AI
Just make sure to have a fast sweeper in back for whatever Mimikyu didnt slap the shit out of.
>>
Today the AI sent out a minior that already had its shell on. idk if this is possible cause whenever i use minior its out of the shell first.
>>
>>30816882
funny story, its not letting me make the battle vide public so ill have to take a shitty mobile video
>>
Mimikyu Life Orb
Swords Dance
Shadow Sneak
Play Rough
Shadow Claw

Metagross Mega Stone
Bullet Punch
Meteor Mash
Zen Headbutt
Arm Hammer

Celesteela Leftovers
Toxic
Leech Seed
Earthquake
Heavy Slam

Thoughts? Got me to 25 until I lost to some dumb rng
>>
>>30816919
It happened to me as well. Im guessing this is just a thing that happens when NPCs use it, or a bug.
>>
>>30816882
enemy AI controlled minior (whether wild or controlled by a npc trainer) start in shields up forme, nothing unusual
>>
>>30815570
It could have easily been a Zoroark, though
>>
File: IMG_1794.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1794.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>30816919
>>30816882
>>
>>30813831
git gud

no, i really mean it. fuck you.
>>
>Completely and utterly destroys the battle tree with Mimikyu, Mega Alakazam and Bewear
>Reach battle 47, so far not a single tough battle in sight
>Swords Dance and kill their pokemon, losing my disguise
>No problem!
>They send in Mimikyu
>They swords dance
>Shadow sneak their disguise
>Send Alakazam
>>>>>>>IT SURVIVES SHADOWBALL FROM MAX EV SPECIAL ATTACK MEGA ALAKAZAM<<<<<<
>And it kills mega-alakazam with a shadowclaw
>Send in Bewear
>DESTINY BOND

I'VE SPENT
TWO HOURS OF MY LIFE
TO GET HERE.
>>
It's just probability at work, within 50 battles you're bound to reach one with absolute bullshit luck

The game does try to counter your team but that's your own damn fault for making your whole team vulnerable to one tactic
>>
>>30815319
do you use shell smash or stealth rock?
>>
>>30817092
Mimikyu has p high Special Defense
>>
>>30815549

C O U N T E R B U I L D
>>
>>30816959

What the hell do you do against Mega Charizard?
>>
>>30817129
this
also the counter builds in the maison really helped me to improve my doubles team
>>
>>30814606
>has perfect predictions
lolno you're just an idiot

example, i run TR pory2, band araquanid and alolawak. because of this there's a lot of rock and steel types around, mostly rock

every time i set up TR and switch to either of my heavy hitters, as long as they weren't using a rock move at any point a few turns back they will NEVER use it on the switch

the AI may cheat odds but they can't cheat in a brain, they mostly bring in fast powerful attackers too so once a TR is up at least two of the opponent's mons are dead before it's over

stop doing stupid switches or, if you have the room, slap on protect for moveset scouting
>>
Just lost because i missed 5 90% accuracy moves in a row to a glaceon using blizzard who never missed once

Its simply pure luck, obviosly a better team has better chances, but if the game decides its time for you to lose, you WILL lose, because they will slap bright powder on a enemy pokemon and make you miss every move while the enemy hits blizzards non stop and gets crits out the ass.
>>
>>30814606
?????

Battle tree is really easy, I don't even EV boost lol. Try not using shitmons.
>>
>>30816959
Honestly I would switch out Shadow Claw for Leech Life. It gives you sustainability and Shadow Sneak hits hard enough after a SD anyway.
>>
>>30814866
>>30814971
Post your teams then you fucking pussies
>>
>>30817503

Alolan muk, Toxapex, Mimikyu. It's not like I have some secret, I'm just not 8 years old anymore and accuse the computer of cheating when I lose.
>>
File: tapu koko.jpg (140KB, 1024x1151px) Image search: [Google]
tapu koko.jpg
140KB, 1024x1151px
Who on my team should I replace with Tapu Koko/Tapu Lele?

Megamence
Nihilego w/LO
Xurkitree w/Scarf
>>
>>30816792
One use per battle, but it gets reset each match and isn't consumed at the end. Like in PvP.
>>
>>30817092
252+ SpA Alakazam-Mega Shadow Ball vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Mimikyu: 122-144 (93.8 - 110.7%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

shadow ball is pretty weak, and you're kinda lucky it didn't just drop zam with sneak

anyway tree runs depend more on your team more than your skill. for singles the simplest successful strat is usually just to throw the most busted mons you can find at it until something sticks. doubles tends to be easier if you get how it works and build a cohesive offense team.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.