[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I saw someone on /a/ who knew what Gekkouga was, but didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_9234.png (266KB, 980x1129px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9234.png
266KB, 980x1129px
I saw someone on /a/ who knew what Gekkouga was, but didn't recognize "Greninja" because they only watched the anime who then called me /v/ermin for playing the games. I'm curious, do any of you here just like other parts of the franchise and not play the games? Why? The anime and various manga all seem like they'd be mediocre if you don't already enjoy the main part of the series.
>>
>>30810642
After binging on XY&Z for a little bit...I couldn't remember what Greninja was for a little while. It doesn't happen with any other mons, Ash says Gekkouga so fucking much after it evolves.
>>
>>30810642
My 6 year old sonwatches the anime, I played Red through crystal back in the day, but I stopped playing pogeyman. I bought him moon version and I help him by learning from the manchildren here
>>
The anime is mediocre even if you do enjoy the main part of the series. Can't speak for the manga as I haven't read them, though.
>>
The anime is shit (which is why /a/ watched it) and the mangas are fanfics.
>>
With the size of the franchise & how much shit it does, no surprise there are fans only of certain facets. It comes with a lot of huge franchises, don't worry about it so much OP.

Example: fans of only the TCG who don't know shit about any pokemon outside of the first generation. Because they are so into the card game, they don't keep up with any other parts of the franchise (game, anime, etc). They have to learn the names of newer pokemon by practice or someone telling them. Youtube is a good place to view people like that.
>>
>>30810642
Seem like that was just one autist OP. I go into the occasional Pokemon anime thread on /a/ and they all call him Ash and not Satoshi.
>>
My sister plays GO and has a bunch of Pikachu dolls and she even considered getting Sun/Moon when I showed her Pokemon Refresh, but she was turned off by the rest of the game. Pokemon are pretty cute, so it's really not that strange for someone to like Pokemon-related things without actually liking the games.
>>
>>30810642
I recognize that Anzu
>>
>not playing the jp versions of the games
>>
>>30811014
Then why you here
>>
>>30812641
He explained it in his post. He lurks /vp/ to get tips from manchildren.
>>
>>30812663
>getting tips from /vp/ to pass onto your son
What a horrible father
>>
>>30811014
the real mvp
>>
>>30812873
>"Hey, Sport, I got some hot tips on /vp/! Apparently, this game is fucking shit and GF is a bunch of hacks. So I threw it away and installed an emulator on your phone so that you can play Pokemon Red."
>>
>>30812991
>This game is fucking shit!
Only if you're strictly a competitivefag or are compelled to catch literally every pokemon. I mean, I love catching them all each gen, and this gen made it annoying as hell, but many casuals (especially younger casuals) don't do that.
>GF is a bunch of hacks!
As they've been since the beginning. Playing RBGY isn't gonna change that.
>Letting your kid have a phone that does things other than call people before they're old enough to understand personal responsibility and restraint.
Never have children.
>>
>>30813508
Why are you taking a joke seriously?
>>
>>30813508
I think that was the point of the joke, anon.
>>
>>30813592
>>30813755
...what's a "joke"?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.