[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happened to pokemon? This thing doesnt even come close to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 12

File: Cv81LcZXEAA-q_y.png (562KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cv81LcZXEAA-q_y.png
562KB, 1200x1200px
What happened to pokemon? This thing doesnt even come close to Houndoom for a good dark/fire type in terms of strength.
>>
>>30809679
That isn't a Pokemon though.
It's shofus fursona.
>>
>>30809679
Thankfully. Incineroar is one ugly motherfucker, but Houndoom is one of the coolest Pokémon out there.
>>
>>30809679
The official art makes it look much better than it is because it looks feral. The ingame model makes it act like a person which is closer to the inspiration unfortunately.

I fucking hate it. It's one thing to have pokemon based off of human inspirations, but to make it a man in a wrestling suit is too much
>>
File: incineroaridle.gif (2MB, 257x157px) Image search: [Google]
incineroaridle.gif
2MB, 257x157px
>>30809700
>>30809734
>disliking Tiger Mask pokemon
>disliking another non fire/fighting starter
>disliking based Ronald Mcdonald shiny
>>30809840

that's funny guys
>>
It'll be great in doubles once we gets its HA. Its like they took the best parts about Arcanine and Hitmontop and combined them into a new pokemon
>>
>>30809679
but incineroar has higher stats everywhere but sp.attack and speed same deal with arcanine
>>
>>30809870
Kys catfag and barafag.
>>
I'm glad I picked Incineroar. He was a tank during my playthrough, and his Z-move is hilarious.
>>
>>30809884
>t'll be great in doubles once we gets its HA.
I'm not gonna pretend I know shit about doubles, but even with that "speed" if you can even call it that? Especially in a format where 2 mons can double down on it?

Honest question, not trolling.
>>
>>30809870

>implying incineroar isn't just a fire/fighting that was changed to fire/dark as a last minute choice

fuck off barafags
>>
>>30810011
if you genuinely believe this,
>>>/r/eddit
>>
File: fuegroapproves.gif (573KB, 208x157px) Image search: [Google]
fuegroapproves.gif
573KB, 208x157px
>>30809945
That's a bit reaching, anon. I think I can like a cat wrestler without being an ailurophile or homogay. I think I can like it just for its cool looks and animations, its viability in VGC with intimidate fakeouts, so on and so forth. It's alright anon, I know you get triggered when someone has a different opinion, so for that I'm sorry.
>>
>>30809840
>I fucking hate it. It's one thing to have pokemon based off of human inspirations, but to make it a man in a wrestling suit is too much
What's your opinion on Hawlucha?
>>
>>30810011
It was always a Fire/Dark type anon.
>>
>>30810080
>I think I can like it just for its cool looks and animations
Agreed.
GF certainly put a lot more effort and care into Incineroar's animations especially when it comes to it's Z move.
>>
>>30809975
it has better hp, attack and defenses then arcanine tied with intimidate and fake out just like hitmontop but with better typing. Its only downside is its movepool which isn't even that bad
>>
>>30810011
> What is a Heel Wrestler?
>>
>>30809840
I'm just sick of this theme fire starters apparently have to stick with every time, with the only break we got was in gen 6.
>>
>>30810140
Aight, that's cool. I love Incineroar, so seeing that it's viable somewhere makes me happy. Hell, I'd almost go and play doubles for it, but after playing singles for so long I just can't into doubles. It requires a completely different approach.
>>
File: XD.gif (622KB, 480x304px) Image search: [Google]
XD.gif
622KB, 480x304px
>>30810115
>GF
>Incineroar
>Looks cool
>Effort
That's actually what shitty Barafags think.
Holy kek my sides. I hope you enjoy being Shitnaughtfags 2.0.
>>
>>30810142
Hell is hot.
>>
Houndoom is fucking awful what the fuck are you talking about dude. Incineroar is just a bulkier, slower arcanine with u turn and a secondary dark type
>>
I wouldn't have a problem with it if it wasn't so ugly
>>
>>30810186
Dude, there are literally two gifs posted here that show how nicely done his animations are. Show us the animations for the other starters, you can see much less character in them than Incineroar's.
>>
File: 1474341942403.png (287KB, 502x502px) Image search: [Google]
1474341942403.png
287KB, 502x502px
>>30809679
>it's a "SUN/MOON IS SHIT BECAUSE THE POKEMON ARE WEAKER THAN PREVIOUS GENERATIONS" thread
>>
>>30810299
The denial is strong in this one.
>>
>>30810186
He's not wrong. Just look at the animation on the Z moves.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xguGMeEWhhs

Incineroar clearly had more thought and time put into it than the others.
>>
>>30810081
I like hawlucha. I've used one ingame and although it aesthetically draws a lot of human inspiration, it seems to act more like an animal. Part of that may be due to the fact that it doesn't have the features necessary to smirk and wink like incineroar does
>>
>>30810373
Incineroarfag here. Sinister Arrow Raid looks baller as fuck, and Oceanic Operetta is that thing's saving grace. Water Spirit Bomb is pretty tight. That bow is also pretty dope. Like it's saying "Nigga I just wrecked yo ass, now I expect an applause"
>>
>>30810373
>Living in this much delusion
Fucking triple kek.
Back to ebin ledddit if you actually think that.
>>
File: 1481073843086.gif (731KB, 525x458px) Image search: [Google]
1481073843086.gif
731KB, 525x458px
When it gets intimidate itll be better then both houdooms
>>
>>30810432
That wasn't the point here but okay?
>>
>>30810186
It's the Pokémon that has been used in Refresh the most so far in SM. Just like Greninja in XY. It's clearly GF's favourite and it'll be Ash's main mon in the anime.
>>
>>30809975
>speed is only important stet gys!!!!
Sure sounds like trolling
>>
>Houndoom
>good
>>
>>30810447
When it gets intimidate it'll be gunning for Arcanine's role.
>>
>>30809679
Houndoom is literally made out of glass, though.
>>
>>30810299
>>30810373
>>30810478

Falling for the obvious bait
>>
>>30810478
>GOING THIS FAR INTO DELUSION
KEKEKEKEKE HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHJAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH PATHETIC BARAFAGS BACK TO /S4S/. EASY TO SEE THAT YOU ARE FROM THE SHITTIEST CONTAINMENT BOARD THERE IS
>>
>>30809870
It's pretty much an honorary fire/fighting and takes many design cues from fellow Fire Fighters

Miss me with that gay shit
>>
>>30810532
>>30810434
>s-stop liking the things I dislike!
>>
File: 1481145131743.png (86KB, 461x352px) Image search: [Google]
1481145131743.png
86KB, 461x352px
>>30810532
Anon, you ok there ?
>>
File: tiger_mask_iv-noscale[1].jpg (57KB, 330x380px) Image search: [Google]
tiger_mask_iv-noscale[1].jpg
57KB, 330x380px
>>30810299
That's because he's based off Tiger Mask. Who I am pretty sure is pretty much sacred by now in Japan.
>>
>>30810373
>Decidueye is the only one where the trainer doesn't appear during the move
Huh. Also it's really lazy compared to the other two.
>>
>>30810490
In his defense, it pretty much is the one true stat in singles. Unless you are something meant to take hits and last.
>>
>>30809679
It hits harder then normal houndoom
And no one uses mega
Solar power was a mistake
>>
At least Incineroar has a movepool :^)
>>
Pro/Cons of Incineroar

>Cons
It has cool feral face with full teeth. Looks neat
It has a good color scheme?

>Cons
Those terrible proportions
That Gray torso
Those Swollen Hands
Those Sausage Fingers
Those VLC cones stripes
That Plastic-looking belt
That tail
Those pathetic legs
Those pathetic wrists
The design in general
The inspiration
The concept
The transition from aloof cat to a generic raging meathead
The stats (laughing at everyone that keeps saying it will be good with Intimidate, it will be an inferior Arcanine)
The movepool
The fanbase

What a terrible pokémon
>>
>>30810666
>it will be an inferior Arcanine
It's already a superior one.
>>
>>30810720
>hits marginally harder
>less offenses
>lacks priority
>lacks recovery
>has more commom weaknesses
>it has a much worse speed tier

Let's not try to kid ourselves here. The only thing Incineroar has over Arcanine is that it can net some OHKOs here and here (assuming it even survives the first turn) and I guess being immune to Prankster, so it deals with Whimsicott better, I guess, but other than that it's an inferior Arcanine in every way
>>
File: 87426861.jpg (38KB, 493x393px) Image search: [Google]
87426861.jpg
38KB, 493x393px
>>30810666
>Cons
>The inspiration
>The concept
>>
Shut up faggot incineroar is better than dragonite fucking bitch you don't even know how to use Smogon
>>
>>30810788
We have enough wrestlers, we have enough humanoid fire starters, and especially we have enough humanoid fire starters designed around some stupid fighting style

Fuck outta here, with your epic Tiger Mask references
>>
>>30810666
>pick litten
>it's a meek, quiet looking fire type, nothing too notable
>evolve into torracat
>disposition seems more confident, looks strong
>impressed by the idea of a flame sac collar, a truly unique idea that perfectly combines its inspirations as a (house) cat and a fire wielder
>looking forward to see how its final evolution capitalizes on this unique development
>suddenly
>lets scrap the fire collar
>it's a belt now
>why
>because it's a wrestler now

>why is this happening
>where did this come from
>who wanted this
>>
>>30810772
Not him but tell the truth.
You have never used Incineroar have you.
>>
>>30810827
Thank shitty furfaggot Sugimori.
He is the only tiger shit fan and this hellspawn is probably his creation.
>>
>>30810853
Used it once or twice. Turned out to be a complete shitmon as expected and went back to play something better
>>
>>30810864
>He is the only tiger shit fan
>in japan
Shitty bait is shitty.
>>
>>30809962
I love that smirk he does right before he attacks.
>>
>>30810666
>It has a good color scheme?

A not so great, but that still kind of looks only just okay-ish color scheme

That gets thrown out the window when it becomes a shiny and becomes a badly planned cluster fuck of a color palette.

jesus christ the shitty artist in me is yelling yamero
>>
>>30810827
I remember when we were all having a good time photoshopping Litten's head to Machoke's body and laughing at how terrible and devoid of ideas GF would have to be to pull something like that.

And that's what they did, the madmen
>>
>>30810916
Incineroar is just made of pure smug.
>>
>>30810917
To be fair, none of this shinies this gen are particularly good.
>>
>>30810885
>i tried it once !!!
And that's why you will never be good at anything
>>
>>30811070
Truly spoken like the kind of person that defends Crabominable because "it's good with Trick Room!"
>>
>>30810772
>Better Hp
>Better Attack
>Better Defense
>Better Sp.Defense
>Has fake out
>Has better Crunch with stab
>Stops Prankster
>"Inferior"
It out ranks Arcanine in every way except for move pool shit up and its move pool isnt even that bad.
>>
>>30811137
Not to mention with the Leech Life buff it has a decent form of recovery.
>>
I really want to like Incineroar but his in-game model looks stupid and his giant hands are silly. I wish he was more hunched over and not standing up perfectly.

I also don't pay him much attention because he doesn't have Intimidate yet.
>>
>>30811091
>"I tried it once, and i thinks its shit"
>10 replies showing how wrong you are
>"m-muh, you are dumb le trick room meme"
kys
>>
File: Bait.jpg (77KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
77KB, 625x626px
>>30811180
>Leech Life
>Being good recovery without STAB
>Doesn't get Sucker Punch
>Loses 20 Speed upon evolving
>Still thinking Incineroar is better than Arcanine
>>
>>30810823
oh but dragonite is awesome since 1996
inshitneroar is from 6 months ago.
>>
>>30811180
you aint gonna be running leech life on him. leech life is terrible coverage for incineroar.
>>
>>30811137
All of that thrown into the trash thanks to 60 speed
>>
>People actually think Houndoom is good and well-designed

Hilarious, even Moon wolf is a better pokemon.
>>
Incineroar was basically meant to be the heel to Emboar. Take that in.
>>
>>30809679
Wouldn´t pokémon get very boring, if all pokémon of the same type combination look the same and have the same stats?

I don´t need a second houndoom.
>>
>>30811315
>sumo wrestler
>heel
>>
>>30811315
Emboar looks way more like a heel with that flame beard.
>>
>>30810666
>The stats (laughing at everyone that keeps saying it will be good with Intimidate, it will be an inferior Arcanine)

Hey Satan, most people who say this are talking about Doubles/VGC where having Intimidate+Fake Out pretty much means it's going to shit on Arcanine in terms of being a support Pokemon. It will be a Fire type with Intimidate, Fake-out, and it can shit on Marowak-A.
>>
>>30811358
Also it don't get raped by fairy.
>>
>>30811228
>Speed is everything
Not in doubles

>No sucker punch
That move died with genVii
>70 power down from 90
>Tapu lele on every team
>>
>>30811277
>le "everyone has to win the speed war or it's useless!" meme
>le "I forgot that defensive stats exist and that fast Pokemon are often glass cannons" meme

blease
>>
Fellow Incinebros, just leave this thread alone. Everyone here is obviously either baiting or owlfag so don't give them (You)s they want and let this thread die
>>
>>30810933
He really does have a lot of personality in just his animations. Not even counting the description on the website and his pokedex entries.
>>
>>30809975
Take into consideration how slow the rest of the meta is in an Alola dex only format.
It has decent bulk and gets to join Scrafty and Hitmontop as a mon with Intimidate and Fake Out. It also get's U-Turn, so because of it's slow speed, it can net free switch ins for it's partner.

It's a strong supportive/disruptive mon. It's also Dark so no Prankster Shenanigans. It's a bunch of small good things that make Incineroar a strong choice
>>
>>30811358
Not to mention that, unlike Arcanine, it gets STAB on Snarl and Substitute support via Throat Chop
>>
>>30811407
>>30811407
>>30811578
Honestly, its biggest flaw I can see in VGC is 4MSS. Snarl, Fake-Out, Sub, Darkest Lariat(Ignoring Stat Boosts is very nice, even if stat boosting is rare, also his Z-Move packs a ounch), U-turn, Leech Life. It has so many options.
>>
>>30811529
When you're a Fire/Dark Pokemon with 95/90/90 bulk, you're just gonna take 2 hits from a common attacking type like fighting, ground and rock and die, you will only be able to hit either pokemon coming in or once before dying. Speed matters when you're that frail.
>>
>>30811781
If you invest in speed...
>>
Incineroar is shit ugly. Primarina is most beautiful
>>
File: 1480783041999.png (44KB, 155x154px) Image search: [Google]
1480783041999.png
44KB, 155x154px
>>30811781
Theorymoning is great, but you gotta consider that the Incineroar user is going to do it's best to avoid taking a SE Hit. Incineroar has great options.

Every Pokemon would be shit if it stayed in against what it's weak against.
>>
I literally restarted my game when my cool cat pokemon turned into this gay shit. Gonna have a fucking plant bird now and it's totally shit but I don't have any other choice fuck that starter
>>
>>30811781
>Better bulk than Scizor + Intimidate
>frail
Stop Anon. Also spitting random types is just useless. It's like saying 'give it X-Scissor for grass types' when there's no grass type weak to it in the tier
Intimidate Incineroar sure won't be OU but it's gonna be really solid in UU
>>
>>30812665
scizor is only weak to one type and has a 90 BP priority move to solve its speed issue. Also this is doubles we're talking about, where you have koko discharge, EQ, and surf, all moves that incineroar can't take more than once
>>
>>30812907
>Koko Discharge
>Surf

Just.. stop talking about Doubles please, it hurts to read what you have to say. Go to a different thread, close /vp/, get banned, just SOMETHING so that myself and many others don't have to point out exactly how many levels of wrong you are. It's not worth the effort.

If you're trying to jump into doubles, jump in on Showdown, a lot of the stuff you aren't getting can be learned by actually playing.
>>
>>30812601
I was the opposite anon. Decidueye jobbed hard on my playthrough so I restarted with the cat. Might restart with the Owl after I beat the league though
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.