[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Festival Plaza > SOS Battles without using adrenaline

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 5

File: images (52).jpg (6KB, 316x202px) Image search: [Google]
images (52).jpg
6KB, 316x202px
> Festival Plaza
> SOS Battles without using adrenaline orb
> Alola's mons 1% or 5% encounter rate
Who let this to became allowed?
>>
you're realizing it just now that almost all pokemon games beside gen 3 and 5 are like this
>>
>>30803845
tfw when i go in lush jungle for the first time post-trial and first 2 mons i meet are comfey and then passimian

5% fags btfo
>>
>>30803845
another generation where they could of improved things instead of making it worse....what a surprise
>>
>>30803845
Dumb frogposter
>>
>>30803845
> Alola's mons 1% or 5% encounter rate
It's called a challenge, something that people were asking for with the new games.
>>
>>30804020
Who got btfo? Your luck doesnt change the fact the encounter rates and mons distribution around Alola are shit
>>
>>30803845
>Alola's mons 1% or 5% encounter rate
>Who let this to became allowed?
Waifufags. People are still praising Lillie's "development" while ignoring how fucking awful it is to find gen 7 mons.
>>
File: IMG-20161013-WA0039.jpg (43KB, 668x621px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161013-WA0039.jpg
43KB, 668x621px
> People defending 1% and 5% rates
> Festival Plaza ans SOS Battles even got one try
>>
>>30804081
careful not fall for it
>>
>>30804081
>Hiding Pokémon that you want to discover and being it impossible to guess where they are when playing it's good

Retard
>>
>>30804081
That's not a challenge. The new gen pokemon sgould not be that hard to find in their native region...and fishing shoukdn't have so many fucking magikarp. Bring back the old/good/super rods.
>>
pokemon games faulter and come to a screaming halt if you dare look for a specific pokemon or nature, etc.
>>
>>30803845
I filled the dex, and not once did I have to grind out a 1% encounter rate pokemon. There's always a better place to find them. I don't remember a whole lot of 5% encounter rate for first-stage mons either, just shit like Bewear.
>>
>>30804081
>spending 30 minutes looking for a Pokemon is a challenge

I'd agree with you if you worded that as "They gated actually powerful stuff behind a lower encounter rate so that you'd have more of a challenge using not AS good stuff for the main game."
>>
I just hate looking for bewear to level grind. Everything else is fine.
>>
>want leftovers
>only holding in wild Munchlax
>5% encounter
>use a Honey
>first encounter is Munchlax

WOW SO HARD TO ENCOUNTER
>>
>>30804225
How good is the Bewear level grind once you find him? I've been meaning to try it but eurgh, 5%.
>>
>>30804270
eh, it seems like the league is better so you dont have to grind for leppa berries
>>
>>30804142
NPC's will show them to you and you can check the dex for location. Though I admit Mareanie's way of encounter is retarded and you literally can't find unless you look it up
>>
getting to lvl 100 is a chore in these games. I miss blissey secret base
>>
>>30804369
What even is the fastest way to level your pokes up?
>>
>>30804476
Level to 66 by Elite 4 grinding/Hauoli City mall, then use Rare Kitchen ***** meals to level it up by 7 twice, then by 9 twice. So 66-73-80-89-98. Then you have two more levels to go which you can either grind out or use Rare Candy for (you're getting one a day from the Battle Tree, right?).
>>
>>30803845
>tfw you encounter a female salandit on the first try
>>
>>30804537
Of course I'm getting the rare candies.
>mfw I've been doing elite 4 only
>>
>Only 80/300 Pokemon in the region are new (26.7%)
>Of the 80 new ones, 21 of those are post game or version exclusive (26.3%)
>This mean only 59/300 Pokemon you encounter throughout the game, or less than 1 in 5 is new
>THEN
>make most of those new mons SOS only or have 5% or less encounter rates (or both!)

I'm not sure which gen is worse, 5 or 7, but it's close. If Gen 8 isn't a massive improvement (and there's no indication that it will be based on developer statements) I'm out
>>
>>30804938
I've already got one foot out the door with this gen. I've never been disappointed in a pokemon game until I played this
>>
>>30805040
Right? BW and XY were definitely bottom tier Pokemon games, but not "bad games" in and of themselves.

That's not true of Sun and Moon. The pacing is atrocious and for the first time the single player feels like an afterthought, similar to how modern shooters only include single player because it's expected, that's what SM felt like.

It's easy and half-assed, and the worst offender: linear as fuuuuuck
>>
>>30803845
I got all the new mons.
Fuck Alola mons, doe, i only need Sandshrew to have everyone minus Marshadow.

Git gud in patience
>>
>>30805334
All I need is a Celesteela and they're impossible to get if you have Sun version because every retard that has one wants another Celesteela for it.
>>
>>30805243
>>30805040
>>30804938
kys
>>
>>30805413
Maybe if you learn to play the GTS, dumbass. If you don't want to put up your own legendaries for Celesteela, put up Electabuzz holding electirizers. I got a box of celesteela doing this.
>>
>>30805413
I've literally traded off breedjects for Celesteela.
I've also traded breedjects for Cosmogs, and then traded those for Celesteelas (or for other legendaries, and those for Celesteelas).

Like, actually put some effort into this.
>>
>>30805644
Oh, and by 'effort', I don't mean repeatedly trade-spam people in Plaza.

I know exactly what you mean when you hover through your box of legendaries, and stop on a Kartana. I will hover over my multiple bamboo-waifu, and then go to a breedject, because that's about all that Kartana's worth (and seriously, a 5IV beast ball OU-mon is pretty fair).
>>
>>30805413
Yeh, i was like that 2 weeks ago.

In my case, i caught Bewears and right now i still have 4 spare Celes, 5 counting the one for my living dex.
>>
Omg you have to actually work to catch your mons

Wtf game freak
>>
>>30805616
>>30805644
>>30805777
Dumped a Love Ball Mimikyu breedject in there, what are my odds?
>>
>not liking rare pokemon
>BUT THEY'RE NEW, THEY SHOULDN'T BE RARE
>implying that's not exactly why they should be rare

I hope they do it again in gen 8, but I'll admit Mareanie was bullshit.
>>
>>30804938
>I'm not sure which gen is worse, 5 or 7
>gen 5
>bad
look at this epic contrarian opinion i have, not like those normies! owlfags btfo diaper beam lol
>>
>>30805850
>gen 5 = bad
>contrarian

On /vp/ maybe. Outside of /vp/ most people agree it's one of the worst gens.
>>
I actually like the low encounter rate. Makes catching mons much more challenging and rewarding
>>
>>30805837
Maybe good.
I readed about one anon getting Bamboo waifus for Mareanies Bredjects.

Also i heard exclusives like Passimian can be a good trade.
>>
>>30805683
>(and seriously, a 5IV beast ball OU-mon is pretty fair).
It's not fucking fair, not even close.
>>
>>30805908
Well I had a Kartana in there before, but apparently no one cares about those.
>>
>>30805870
And it was hated here too before the XY came out, though until now i though it was a "Hive mind", hating the new, praising the old.
>>
>>30805932
Moon gets 2 Celesteela. No one's gonna bite for 4 Kartana. At least try Buzzswole for Celesteela.
>>
>>30805936
Yup, i was thinking Kartana was the equivalent in exchange, but it was Buzzwole all the time.

After a little effort i recovered the one i traded for Pheromosa, using the logic i mentioned earlier.
>>
>>30805970
was meant for
>>30805932

Shit!
>>
>>30805956
>>30805970
Does Moon get 4 Pheromosa then?
>>
>>30806088

yes
>>
File: 1476070036984.jpg (47KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
1476070036984.jpg
47KB, 621x502px
SOS Chaining is the dumbest fucking mechanic ever and Hidden Abilities being shoehorned into that bullshit just makes me want to kill a fucking Jap. I spent the last THREE (3) hours Chaining for Gabites in the Haina Desert and I only managed to find fucking ONE with Rough Skin who promptly proceeded to kill itself because Gamefreak thought it was a great fucking idea to have SOS only mons not only be hard as shit to find through conventional methods, but give them access to moves that make catching them EVEN MORE TEDIOUS. I caught a SHINY Sandile before I ever saw another Rough Skin Gabite. I would gladly just say fuck it, and trade for one on GTS, especially since there are people who have crazy shit like Beast Ball Gabites on GTS, BUT since there's no way to actually tell what ability a mon has when you trade for it, it's almost pointless because half the time they're all Sand Veil shit

And Gamefreak and other stupid faggots on /vp/ wonder why motherfuckers inject and shit. This shit is retarded
>>
>>30806108
Well that explains where I went wrong then, I traded one of my Buzzwole for a Pheromosa like a retard.
>>
>trying to sos ev chain golbats
>golbat used quick guard
>golbat used quick guard
>golbat used...
>>
>>30806113
Or you can, maybe, i dont know, ask for one in a wifi general??

Sometimes RNGesus hate us.
>>
>no national dex
>island scanned pokemon are outside the alola dex and don't get entries.
for what purpose?
>>
>>30806194
Welcome to me 2 weeks ago.
I hope you can unfuck yourself soon.
>>
>>30806260
Since that Celesteela is the last thing I need to complete my dex I can either hope one of my breedjects gets picked up, or wait for my friend to get off his ass and finish up so I can trade for one of his.
>>
>>30806246
So you can enjoy your new national dex paying 5 (FIVE) glorious dollars for their bank service!

That, or 40 (FORTY) dollars for a new and possibly remaked experience!
>>
>>30804361

They literally tell you on TWO separate occasions that Corsola are hunted by Mareanie.

Should be enough of a clue that their existence is tied to Corsola, and if you had any experience with chaining you would know that predators can sometimes be called.

The link is easy to make, now weather related SOS stuff, that IS obtuse and nobody in the game gives even the slightest hint to the mechanic.
>>
>>30806336
w-weather sos?
Oh god what did I miss?
>>
>>30806820
There are certain Pokemon that can ONLY be SOS chained in certain types of weather conditions. Sligoo, and Gabite, for example, can only be called in Rain and Sandstorm weather respectively.

http://www.serebii.net/sunmoon/sosbattle.shtml
>>
>>30803904
>you're realizing it just now that almost all pokemon games beside gen 3 and 5 are like this
1, 4 and 6 weren't.
>>
File: Sophisticated Laughing Pepe.jpg (8KB, 185x273px) Image search: [Google]
Sophisticated Laughing Pepe.jpg
8KB, 185x273px
>>30803904
This reminds me of trying to find Volbeat in Hoenn but finding Oddish the most.

>>30804049
>Expecting them to get off their ass and truly improve when you and many other people possibly buy it regardless.
>>
>>30804081
No retard it's called Gen. 1 pandering that most will accept because "muh anniversary."
>>
>>30804249
It's called luck you fucking retarded.
>>
File: ragePoweredFlight.jpg (32KB, 500x534px) Image search: [Google]
ragePoweredFlight.jpg
32KB, 500x534px
>>30806960
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>30807170
1 of course being the first gen had entirely new pokemon but the distribution in most of the areas (and trainers as well) are shit

4 had very few new pokemon if you exclude the cross gen evo (which obviously are in the wild) and some of them are either babies or honey tree exclusive, the rest being previous gens forgotten shitmons who got said evos, but that's forgivable since it's rare you would've been able to use a yanma or a tangela in previous adventures

>6
ok i think i just wasted my time cause you're probably baiting
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.