[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First run ever of this game and im on the second gym, when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 2

File: ShitGaem.png (111KB, 250x223px) Image search: [Google]
ShitGaem.png
111KB, 250x223px
First run ever of this game and im on the second gym, when does it get good?
>>
Good luck at pokestar studios, it will sap your life away
>>
>>30802586

>he fell for the "Gen V is good" meme

It never gets good.
>>
>>30802586
give it a couple more gyms, it opens up a lot more
but if you're not liking it by then then just drop the game
>>
>>30802586
>>30802586
Postgame. The Pokemon World Championships are the best postgame battle sink in Pokemon
>>
>>30802586
Listen to me you stupid fucking faggot, I'm sick and tired of the exact same bait and reply threads that seems to be so persistent on this board, especially today. If you come into a game expecting not to like it, you probably won't like it and if you don't like it, why are you bitching about it here instead of just not playing it? Oh, right, to fish for (You)s right? Go fuck yourself.
>>
My party is currently
Growlithe
Elekid
Sandile

I just dont feel like im clicking with the game, it seems so disjointed compared to other mainline games, I move from the start city and its just like ''TEAM PLASMA ARE HERE AND NOW WE HAVE TO GO TO THE BIGGER CITY AND CHASE THEM''

It feels shit.
>>
B/W has the best plot of the franchise, and the most memorable characters (except maybe S/M).

B2/W2 have good post-game content and third version perks (move tutors and stuff), but are a worse version of the originals overall.

In other words, Gen V is cool, but saying it is the best game ever is a meme, and the sequels are arguably worse.
>>
>>30802693
pokestar tutioul was the worst. the only good part is post game content i guess
>>
>>30802734
I think its also that im spoiled from S/M, having to teach things HM's just ruins the flow of my team, im not picking pokemon I want but just going ''Oh I can teach this strength later''

Urgh,,,
>>
>>30802586
It doesn't.
>>
Can someone kill me please.
>>
>>30802586
If you are running it for the story, just drop it. BW2 are good games for many little feautures such as hidden grottos, black tower/white tree, move tutors, PWT, a big regional pokedex and the zone pokedex, difficulty changes, ecc.
>>
>>30805128

I dunno, I'd say BW2 has one of the best endgames as well.

>that giant frigate to explore
>Colress
>Kyurem
>return of N
>Ghetsis who goes mental
>Route 23's triumphant theme
>hardest Victory Road of all games

The early game is pretty weak, while the mid-game is great but pretty much the same as BW1 so it feels less special, but after the 6th gym, it definitely peaks. Definitely helps being able to explore the other side of Unova during the main story.
>>
After... Castelia? I feel that's when it really expands. Both BW1 and BW2. Good luck with Pokéstar Studios tutorial though, one of the objective flaws of the gen.
>>
>>30802586
>>30802615
>>30802752
>It doesn't.
>>
>>30802586
It doesn't.
>>
>>30802714
>B/W has the best plot of the franchise, and the most memorable characters (except maybe S/M).

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

boi...
>>
>>30802586
It doesn't. Assume that Unova and Kalos didn't happen, m'kay? Kay.
>>
And people complain that ahah is annoying, but he's far better than Hugh.
>>
BW is shit, the only thing that prevents it from getter by the hate it deserves is that it came right after Gen 4. A flaming pile of dog shit would look good when compared to that mess.
>>
>>30806553
End yourself, genwunner.
>>
>>30802586
2 badges ago.
>>
>>30806676
Gen V tried to copy the magic of Gen I and failed.
>>
>>30802751
If it makes you feel better HM use is extremely scarce in the main game.
>>
>>30806837
By being the only gen to feature no gen 1 Pokemon in their first game?
>>
>>30802586
Try to have fun with the area dex, getting that Arcanine early is overkill.
>>
>>30807089
By matching it theme for theme.
Or is it just a coincidence that so many of them mirror one another?
>>
>>30802586
When you stop being a gigantic faggot.
>>
>>30807199
>By matching it theme for theme.
You're joking, right.
>>
>>30807114
>This is what genwunners actually believe
The only ones vaguely similar are Gigalith and Conkeldurr
>>
>>30807234
Drowzee and Munna
Sawk/Throh and Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan
Machamp and Conkeldurr
>>
>>30807264
Meant for >>30807199
>>
You fell for the "Gen 5 is good" /vp/ meme.
>>
>>30807264
You miss quotes dude, what does gym 2 Arcanine has to do with the gen1 homagemons?
>>
>>30807279
>Drowzee and Munna
Stretch
>Sawk/Throh and Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan
Close but no dice. Using that logic every mon that came in pairs is a copy of the Hitmon.
>Machamp and Conkeldurr
The only similarity being that they're a three stage line with a final trade evo
>>
>>30807334
>They're both (at least in the first stage) Pokemon with elephantish features. Primarily both have trunks and deal with sleeps and dreams.
>Both specialize in different types of fighting, not that they just com in pairs.
>They both have use in construction. This is a pretty weak connection I guess but it's what I feel connects them aside from the trading.
>>
>>30802751
>>30807059
In fact the only HM that you actually need to progress is Surf which is still a pain if you didn't pick Oshawott & don't like Marill
>>
>>30807569
Jellicent doesn't learn Surf?
>>
>>30807480
>elephantish
Mate do you not know what a tapir is?
>>
>>30807722
It does but you can't catch it until you learn Surf, and you can't get Surf until you beat Clay and reach the weather center.
>>
>>30807722
How do you get a Jellicent without Surf?

Most water Pokemon aside from Marill, Ducklett & a coupla others are found while surfing or fishing, & in Gen V you don't get the fishing rod until postgame

I realise you can just catch a Marill or whatever purely for a single use to find something else, but it still annoyed me a little. I also realise that I'm being mildly autistic here. Oh well
>>
>>30807876
No it annoyed me too. You basically need to catch a Marill or Ducklet just so that you can catch any good watermon later. That said, both are excellent HM slaves. Surf/Fly is god-tier.
>>
File: 1481794641875.jpg (15KB, 193x216px) Image search: [Google]
1481794641875.jpg
15KB, 193x216px
>>30805128
This. Out of all the third versions, this has the best post game. There's just so much more to do compared to B/W1
>>
>>30807334
>Drowzee and Munna
>Stretch
They literally have the same origin (dream eating tapir)
>>
It's become standard now, but at the time one of the best things about the game was the sheer variety of Pokemon on the first few routes. There were even a bunch of Pokemon from older games who were traditionally so late in the game that few people used them (Magenmite, Koffing, Magby, Dunsparce, Riolu, ect).

It was one of the very few things from BW2 that carried into gen 6 and 7.
>>
>>30802714
Agreed. BW2 was disappointing.
>>
>>30802586
Flying ice pirate ship is pree good
>>
>>30802693
>hasn't even gotten to Clay yet
>those mons

Enjoy the loss.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.