[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What other GTS bait can I use to get easy legendaries for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 3

File: 583.png (10KB, 201x288px) Image search: [Google]
583.png
10KB, 201x288px
What other GTS bait can I use to get easy legendaries for pokedex completion?
>>
>>30796079
castform, garchomp line, goodra line, dratini/dragonair, dhelmise
>>
>>30796079
What legendary do you need other than the opposite box-legendary? The rest are available in game
>>
>>30796079
>Not trading legendaries for other legendaries.

You gotta use a One Red Paperclip approach: trade something small for something slightly bigger, build up the Dex from the starters, to trade evos, to super rare Pokémon, to legendaries.

At least that's how I did it, cozy as fuck.
>>
>>30796127
I like going straight for the gold
>>
>>30796118
UBs are legendaries don't be a faggot.
>>
>>30796079
Goodra
Beldum
Dratini
Khangaskhan or how the fuck you spell it
Dhelmise
Scizor
Solgaleo (has to be this one specifically, can't be Lunala)

I am at 76% completion. Traded for most of it. I spend a lot of time on the GTS. Ask me anything, if you have any questions.
>>
>>30796139
in this case the gold is politoed, weavile, slowking and scizor
>>
>>30796127
Waste of time.
>>
>>30796156
why the fuck are these so high on demand on the GTS?
>>
I've had luck with the following:
>Love Ball HA Vulpix
>Beast Ball Beldum (thanks Japanese guy from Wonder Trade)
>Lure Ball HA Dratini
>Literally any shiny (last resort trade)

I've been abusing Vulpix. I tested my theory by asking for Celesteela. One full box of Celesteela later, and I knew this shit worked.
>>
>>30796181
Item trade evos. Milotic, electrivire and magmortar are slightly less popular for some reason. The hottest mon on GTS right now is porygon2.
>>
>>30796127
>a fellow GTS meta player

Another method is to wonder-trade or hang around threads until you get a halfway interesting mon in an Apricorn Ball, hopefully female, and then you breed that shit and trade it away for Type:Nulls or whatever else works entryway trading currency.
Stockpile some Nulls, and trade out for Celesteelas, and then accumulate a collection of UBs and Legendaries for your dex, and more Apricorn Pokemon for your own taste and to trade out.
>>
>>30796181
Well weavile isn't a trade evo, more like it's evolution item is really hard to find if you don't know what you're doing.
Also adding kingdra and rhyperior to the list because why not.
>>
>>30796181
Do you want to grind the BP for two kings rocks just to fill your pokedex, or do you want to trade for the already evolved form? Yes, you can go catch Politoed, but good luck with the most frustrating chain battle ever.
>the rain stopped
>poliwhirl called for help
>>
>>30796079

Trade-evo mons.
>>
>>30796184
Balltism isn't really a thing outside of /vp/. The majority of people trade for the pokemon itself. Not its held item or what ball it's in.
>>
>>30796245

KO'd Compound Eyes Butterfree in the first slot with a Frisk Exeggutor with Thief on the field.
>>
>>30796321
I traded a Goomy for mine. It took all of three minutes.
>>
I got everything I asked for with Porygon holding upgrades in less than 2 minutes, always.

I bred the porygon (4-5IV) and the items are bought from the battle tree.
>>
I fucking love playing the GTS meta every gen.

X/Y GTS meta was god tier because you can write comments instead of preset comments.
>>
>>30796300
Except for Beastball. Everyone knows what a bitch it is to use it on normons.
>>
>>30796370
>6iv HA
To be honest, GF getting rid of the comments might be one of the few half-way competent choices that they made with S/M. That shit had zero accountability, and was ripe for exploiting people who wanted to believe you.
GRANTED, the actual fix for that ISN'T removing the comment feature, but allowing people to be able to see more details about the Pokemon in question. That would cut down on people trying to scam HA or Egg Moves. So, nice job GF. Two steps forward, one and a half steps back.

Also XY had the Vivillon patterns.
I stole, killed, and destroyed to complete my collection. That shit got cutthroat.
>>
Beast ball Lucario has gotten everything I've wanted in minutes besides cosmog.
>>
>>30796370
>>30796511
>that one time an anon wrote '7 perfect ivs' and someone still fell for it
>>
>>30796300
Yes and no. Completed 75% of the dex with Eevees in Apricorn Balls, and whatever shit I got from them to trade up (legendaries & item trade Pokemon). Agreed with everyone else on those certain Pokemon, like Vanillish & Vibrava for example, as also being great to help complete it.
>>
Just got Solgaleo and Buzzwole in less than 20 minutes just by putting up more Vanillish.
>>
Mareanie
>tfw have 10 celesteelas
>>
>>30796853
Celesteela is good trading currency as far as I am aware, but maybe cash them in for a box of Cosmogs
>>
How good for GTS is Beast Ball Beldum?
>>
>>30796079
i have deinos in lure balls

i get whatever i want.
>>
>>30796853
i've been breeding mareanie kept all the breedjects for GTS fodder
>>
>>30798392
I'm currently doing heavy ball beldums. Working fine for me
>>
>>30796300
Dunno if that's necessarily true. I've been able to get Scizors and Weaviles for my female love ball Salandits.
>>
>>30796244
Because nobody will see them ingame so they won't be able to trade for it
>>
>>30798651
You can search for unregistered Pokemon, with the "What Pokemon?" option on the GTS.
>>
Weavile landed me a lot of rare mons; getting a razor claw takes 15 mins max with Butterfree+Thief.
>>
>>30798749
Weavile is great, but there are easier methods out there. Breed Kangaskhan or any of the rare fishes, and put up for Politoed. It must be Politoed because Politoed can be caught wild, so people are more willing to trade this guy. Trade your Politoed for Slowking or Porygon evo line, or Kingdra. Kingdra is great because there is always someone willing to let go of their Porygon Z or Rhyperior for a Kingdra. I traded a bunch of Bruxish for Milotic easily as well, and traded those Milotic for a complete set of legendaries and UBs.
>>
A Beast Ball Castform I bred and caught netted me a full set of Tapus from people. I might breed Mareanie and Love Ball Eevees I got off of WT. Despite what it seems, WT is a REALLY good option to get Japanese stuff that can aid you in your quest for this. I have every legendary covered, all I need is Scizor and Magmortar left for the trade evos and shit.
>>
>>30798749
>getting a razor claw takes 15 mins max with Butterfree+Thief.
Yesterday I chained for 2h and I couldn't get a single one, fuck you.

>>30796079
91% here, at least 50% due to turtonators.
>>
File: 1476048748762.jpg (76KB, 650x487px) Image search: [Google]
1476048748762.jpg
76KB, 650x487px
>>30796079
Starters are bretty gud. Also Dittos if you lie about IVs
>>
How come no one wants Jangmo-o anymore?

I used to get a lot of good shit with it.
>>
Any rare fishing pokemon. Any UB.

I've been building a huge stock of UBs by trading Relicanths for them. Some of them are awful but I've gotten some great Celesteela and Pheramosa for them.
>>
I've been abusing 5IV Love Ball Corsolas.

I knew I hit the jackpot when someone actually sent a Necrozma for one. I'm gonna see if I can get a Smoronsword for another and use the Honedges as my next bait.
>>
>>30801741
Honedge isn't worth all that much I'm finding out.
>>
Beast ball Feebas got me most of my dex, though I'm trying to get Politoed and nobody is trading. Also fuck Dhelmise, I bred these specifically as GTS bait and haven't traded a single one
>>
>>30801803
I just don't get why beast ball regular mons are so popular. The beast ball is neat but it doesn't really look good with too many pokemon.

And yeah, Dhelmise's "market" has crashed due to oversaturation. Right now Lapras, Beldum, Relicanth, Mareanie, and Axew seem to be the new hotness.
>>
Hopefully HA Mareanies with Haze in dive balls can get me stuff.
>>
>>30801850
I'm gonna breed up some Lapras, Relicanth and Beast Ball Beldum then, I need a Politoed for the shiny charm
>>
>>30796079

Anything holding a Razor Claw or a Weavile

>>30796368

>Write "6iv" for ditto
>get a trade within seconds

Good times.
>>
>>30801643

My bad famalam. I went mad with breeding Jangmo-os and wondertraded a shitton of them
>>
Haven't played the games yet because I'm poor. Why is Vanillish in such high demand?
>>
I traded a Kommo-o for a Buzzwole.

Also, getting lots of dex fillers by putting up Feebas.
>>
>>30803691
Iirc there's only a low chance for a pokemon to call them for help during hail
>>
>>30803691
>tfw breed vanillite but nobody wants them
>sad politoed.jpg
>>
>>30805817
I'll take one senpai a lam
>>
>>30796300
Yeah, people don't care for what ball the monster is in GTS. I traded a bunch of starters for nulls and bamboo ultra beasts and trade them over for what I want and everything has been with poke or beast balls
>>
>>30805817
If you do a giveaway I'll be there
>>
>>30796551
no fucking way, you're kidding me right?
>>
Just traded an eevee for a naive pheromosa
>>
>>30796079
Whatever you offer as bait, remember that you can make it more valuable if you give it a Beast Ball.
>>
File: penn.jpg (58KB, 650x429px) Image search: [Google]
penn.jpg
58KB, 650x429px
>>30796079
vanillite is the only pokemon I don't have

>weather SOS
>>
>>30805817
fuck I meant vanillish or is it vanillite?
the baby version
>>
>>30796181
Have YOU gotten a Weavile? It took me 3 days to get a razor claw from a jangmo-o

And it took me 2 days to get a politoed. I used my Kings Rock for Slowking and Scizor is easy as fuck actually
>>
>>30806747
I got my razor claw on 10 minutes, just spam thief on smeargle while chaining them from HA.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.