[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT We come up with awful new mechanics ideas for the next games

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 11

File: 1424901789754.jpg (89KB, 500x515px) Image search: [Google]
1424901789754.jpg
89KB, 500x515px
ITT We come up with awful new mechanics ideas for the next games

>Pokemon only evolves through level up with a certain move
>The move can only be obtained through breeding
>The pokemon it has to breed with can only be obtained by transfering it through a previous generation
>>
>>30787111
I'd actually find that kind of cool. I've long thought that forms only available through breeding would be interesting, and that isn't far off the mark.
>>
>>30787111
Seasons, like in Gen V, but actually tied to the real-world calendar, like Animal Crossing.
>>
>>30787111
Isn't this already a thing?
>>
>>30787242
I want this though.
>>
>>30787111
>AI plays by Switch rules
>>
>>30787111
Mega genies that set up sneaky pebbles when they switch in
>>
>>30787276
Honestly this would actually not be the worst, assuming they could only do it when you can
>>
>>30787270
>didn't read the whole post

I'd like an ability that lets Pokemon use potions/ethers like berries.
>>
>>30787316
When they KO one of your Pokemon?
>>
>>30787111
>every wild Pokemon can flee from battle
>wild Pokemon using Thief can take any non-key items from your bag
>you lose the item if you don't capture it
>>
>Pokemon that comes out of specifically breeding two Pokemon together.
>Breeding a member of the swinub family with a member of the swanna family to get a Ground/Fairy flying pig with levitate
>>
>you can't sell your stuff to Pokemarts, only to specific people you meet at certain points
>>
>>30787499
This is good, though.
>>
>2 new stats are added: Accuracy and Evasion
>>
>>30787271
You clearly didn't try navigating Twist Mountain during the wrong season.
>>
>>30787541
>>second evolution comes in at level 40
>>third evolution is at level 90
Funny, I thought most people here liked Gen V.
>>
>>30787613
We Monster Rancher now
>>
Ghost types are now immune to physical moves instead of normal/fighting moves
>>
>route one shitmon
>give its evolution a unique typing
>it can only evolve when leveled up at an end game location
>>
>>30787626
Explain further
>>
>>30787111
Pokemon can now have up to 2 abilities, and learn additional abilities via level up/breeding. Would require adding a lot of new abilities and rebalancing, but I think it'd be cool.
>>
HMs are returned but this time your pokemon can only have one HM move at a time. All HM moves are also type specific, so you have a grand total of 18 different HM moves that all have to be used multiple times throughout the game.

To top it all off, when you reset the game, obstacles that require HMs are also reset.
>>
>>30787683
Play Gen 5, faggot.
>>
>pokemon can only evolve if it has a specific ability
>this ability is its HA
>cannot legally get said mon with its HA without event distribution
>>
>>30787111
>Gen 2-7 are retconned out of existence just to pander to the autistic normies who get their dicks wet over Gen 1

Also:
>inb4 anon hates Gen 1
I grew up with it. I like it. But the pandering has reached ridiculous levels regardless.
>>
>Turn order is replaced by ATB, with higher/lower Speed determining a faster/slower filling of the time guage
>Faster Scarfed pokemon are so fast they can move two or three times before a slow pokemon can as a result
>>
>Pokemon can now hold 2 items
>1 item has to be an equippable(think Choice Scarf or Focus Sash, wearable things like that)
>other has to be useable(Berries, Weakness Policy, etc.)

Mega Stones count as a wearable item.
>>
>Gen 8 comes out
>#803 in the dex isn't available in that region
>Just an empty space
>Doesn't come around until Gen 9
>Can't complete the national dex
Autists would be SEETHING
>>
>>30787751
>stall is dead forever
I'm almost okay with this
>>
Default setting is Set mode, the option to change between Switch and Set is hidden by being the last option and the settings page has just enough options to have it on a second page. New players BTFO
>>
>>30787683
Having to wait an ENTIRE REAL-LIFE MONTH for a season change was terrible enough, and would be altogether unbearable if you weren't able to fiddle with the DS calendar to adjust the seasons. So having to wait 3 MONTHS for a seasonal change would just be utterly agonizing.
>>
Pokemon now have a chance to be injured. Injured pokemon have their defenses, speed, and physical attack permanently lowered for the duration of a battle. The higher a pokemon's attack stat, the more likely it is to injur another pokemon. Dark and Fighting types are given double the chance to inflict injuries. All moves that make contact have a chance of causing injury.

On the other hand, all ghost and psychic type special moves have a chance to cause confusion.
>>
Moves augmented by some abilities introduced in previous generations now have no effect on certain types.
>>
>>30787888

This sounds interesting IMO, maybe for Pokken Tournament 2-- Give each type its own sort of special status infliction, including Burns and other things.
>>
>speed is calculated into for evasion and accuracy
>100% accuracy only means when against something of the same speed
>>
>>30787897
I see what you did there, you Prankster.
>>
Pokemon can now deal damage to your max HP (up to 1/1 HP of course) and the only way to recover it is through the Pokemon Center.
>>
>>30787387
Same, anon. And the X-Stats. It'd fit lore wise with Pokémon like Oranguru or Ayylgemz
>>
>>30787387
>Didn't read the post at all
>>
>>30787111

>pokemon can only evolve if it's captured in a specific ball
>you only get one of said ball per playthrough
>the Pokemon's capture rate is 15.
>the balls capture rate is .5x
>>
>>30787997

>the more battles you do without going to the Pokemon Center, the more your Max HP decreases
>decreases the value of stocking up on Potions instead of going to the Center

Interesting idea actually. Would like to see it in a hack.
>>
>>30787561
please
>>
>>30788028
...dude, I pretty much never use potions. Running back to the Center after every trainer isn't exactly hard.
>>
>>30787446
Tfw meowth steals your master ball/lucky egg
>>
>>30788096

That's why I said a hack should do it-- One where there aren't as many Pokemon Centers as the typical real game.

At that point, if you want to backtrack a lot to go to a Center, that's your ninja way I guess man.
>>
File: grubbin.png (101KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
grubbin.png
101KB, 500x500px
>>30787673

Took me a second
>>
An Electric pokemon with Beldum-tier catch rates and Scald as base attack that has 4 different evolutions.
The only way to get these evolutions is to capture it while a pokemon is under status.
Burn gives you the Fire/Electric, Frozen gives you the Ice/Electric, Poison gives you the Ice/Electric, and Sleep gives you a pure electric evolution.

The only other way to get it to evolve is to level it up to exactly level 53 while it is holding a specific item in an end game location with the appropriate status.
>>
A steel type that's form,changes based on the ball it is caught in. There is a master ball form
>>
File: 1458159918991s.jpg (3KB, 125x100px) Image search: [Google]
1458159918991s.jpg
3KB, 125x100px
>lose trainer battle
>"Anon paid out $X to the winner!"

>go back to that same trainer
>they used the money you paid out to buy battle items/potions/revives and leveled their Pokemon more, making them even harder
>>
A Pokemon that evolves with minimum happyness
>>
>>30788189

thats cool

>>30788149

If it can breed than it's cool
>>
>>30788135
>unique typing
>>
>>30788269

Now here's the catch:

>they keep getting stronger every time you lose, no cap til Level 100
>eventually they have so many Max Revives and X Items that you have to Embargo them to win
>they might even catch new Pokemon for their team
>>
>you can fuse 2-4 pokemon to get better pokemon
>f.e. eevee + electrode = jolteon
>and evolution doesn't really exist
>>
>"hard" mode
>only increases levels of Pokemon you fight
>ends up being easier than normal because you get more exp
>>
>>30788233
>has a version of truant that makes it refuse to listen to you but it's attacks are omega

I really want it
>>
File: FVaqQxK.jpg (118KB, 794x549px) Image search: [Google]
FVaqQxK.jpg
118KB, 794x549px
>>30788542

More for that:

>Gym Leaders/Trial Captains/Whatever have 1 extra Pokemon in Hard Mode
>it's just a repeat of one of their other Pokemon
>>
>>30788584
>>30788233

>gets a Mega
>It can only Mega Evolve at yellow or less HP because of how fucking unhappy it is
>Mega's ability increases the power of all moves it uses based on its Happiness stat(+50% damage at 0 Happiness)
>>
>evolves at lv 100
>>
>only the Shiny evolves
>>
>Make version exclusive Pokemon
>Make it evolve by holding an item exclusive in the other version. The item is consumed upon evolving
>You can evolve it again by using the same item
>Said item is only found on 1% of the time on a Pokemon with an 1% encounter rate
>>
>there's a chance that your pokemon will be gay and refuse to breed
>>
>>30787757
...Victini
>>
>wild pokemon can interfere trainer battles
>trainers can also show up in a wild battle
>Imagine trying to capture a legend but then evil team leader shows up to interfere

Essentially, imagine if Lusamine's 2nd battle had a Nihilego (that respawns) backing her up and making it into a 2v1 match.
>>
>Spinda Evolution
>You need to sprial your 3ds across a room to trigger its evolution
>>
File: 1459274235828.gif (326KB, 500x269px) Image search: [Google]
1459274235828.gif
326KB, 500x269px
>>30788994

*only the non-shiny evolves
>>
>>30787242
At the very least they can have Deerling/Sawsbuck play by these rules instead of locking them to their existing form.
>>
>Pokémon refuse to breed if they're related
>breeding and hatching is now based on time played instead of steps
>>
>>30789359
Alternatively, literally any event only Pokemon.
>>
>>30787757
>GF just never fills #803, ever, but constantly hints that it might be revealed.
>>
>Pokemon that only evolves when the console's gps detects you going over 80 mph
I know that's pretty much limiting to pokemon on phones, but I still like the idea of people breaking the speed limit just to evolve things.
>>
Ok I got one.

Pokemon cannot evolve individually.
Only its offspring can evolve and from then only even generations bred from that evolved pokemon will be able to evolve.
>>
>Pokemon that only evolves at a certain very high level holding an item while being activated by another item in a specific location near an overworld object upon knowing 4 specific moves after being traded twice with 2 different hold items for each trade

but it's the most powerful Pokemon in the game
>>
>>30787673
You can carry the entire game with a charjabug with Eviolite.
>>
>>30790204
>with max friendship and only at 3:00PM
>>
>>30790449
>in a specific ball with a specific iv and ev set
>the time is 11:59:59 p.m. you have to evolve it at, on the second
>>
>>30789425
>you have to catch the legendary in x turns before the leader shows up, the game autosaving and locking your file into an alternate "bad end"
>>
File: 1480973046886.png (38KB, 358x288px) Image search: [Google]
1480973046886.png
38KB, 358x288px
>>30787111
1 Move to Ruin the Game: "Incite":
>A new move like Taunt, except it does has the opposite effects
>You can only use Status moves while it's active, no attacks
>>
>It only evolves when Wondertraded
>>
>>30790725
>while your 3DS is upside-down in a Pokecenter in Japan
>>
>>30787111

>Pokemon and moves that require you to have little to no friendship
>They are really powerful, except have a chance to ignore you
>You spend your whole time hitting them in Amie and feeding them herbs since being kind to them is an actual sign of weakness
>>
>>30790874

>It only evolves when named
>>
>Pokemon can only be obtained from an egg found in Pokemon Go
>Cannot be bred
>>
>>30790858
Underrated. Such a small change compared to some of these things in here but the meta would be horrible
>>
>Ridiculously OP z-power move that can only be found by going to a supermarket in Japan
>Eggs hatch using the 3DS pedometer instead of ingame steps
>Make an event Pokémon plus an ingame event to fight it but just never release the item needed
>>
>Pokémon only evolves by completing a chain of 10 victories on this gen Battle Tower

>must be on your team and is a complete shitmon, like Feebas
>>
>>30791219
>>Make an event Pokémon plus an ingame event to fight it but just never release the item needed
Azure Flute, bruh.
>>
>>30789760
>not transferring one of each season to Gen VI
You have only yourself to blame.
>>
>pokemon go
>>
>Only evolves when you throw system
>>
>Make a Pokemon line that can only be found with a rare chance of breeding another worthless Pokemon line
>>
>>30790909
>and you have to scream into the mic constantly or the evolution will cancel.
>>
File: 1476072463912.png (307KB, 815x608px) Image search: [Google]
1476072463912.png
307KB, 815x608px
I wish gyms would function more like actual gyms. Fuck super training and the pelago, give us interactive EV training facilities and on-demand XP training integrated into the world in a more natural and plausible way.

And while we're at it, strip a bunch of the refresh perks out as well and throw them in there; raise evasion by a small degree with some variant of the yarn minigame or some shit, add more for things like sleep and paralysis resistance, make us do something for it.
>>
>>30791640
>You must expose the pokemon (the system) to microwave radiation at the end of a battle
>>
>>30791775
>I wish gyms would function more like actual gyms
It's my understanding that in-universe, gyms actually DO work this way. The trainers in a gym are training under the leader to git gud. The player character is just a natural prodigy who doesn't need training.
>>
File: 1.hapu2.png (106KB, 248x228px) Image search: [Google]
1.hapu2.png
106KB, 248x228px
>>30787751
>Final fantasy attack gauge shit

Dropped faster than a hot pan, holy shit. You really took the cake there, anon.
>>
>>30792074
Seems like it, just wish the player could join in on the fun too. Maybe I don't get it, but I mean, it's not like they're secret clubs or anything when you can just walk straight in and start battling, and GF seems to be into the idea of throwing tradition to the wind and trying out new things in the singleplayer campaign, they could certainly go in that direction.

I just want a more interactive world, 3D era postgame bores the shit out of me and I feel it doesn't have to.
>>
>>30789189
I'd laugh my ass off if this was real, it would also be subject to same-sex Attract
>>
File: 1473000272846.png (72KB, 349x349px) Image search: [Google]
1473000272846.png
72KB, 349x349px
>>30789189
>you'll never take bad eggs to the pokébortion clinic
>you'll never troll the GTS with naughty natured gay furbait shitmons
>>
>specific Pokémon is important to the plot of the game, so you must keep it in your party at all times
>evolves during certain story events
>you can't get another one
I actually thought this was how they'd handle Cosmog before SM came out, thank fuck they didn't
>>
>>30787697
Obstacles have always reset when you leave the área or reset... Haven't they?
>>
>>30787111
All mythical pokemon get pre evolutions when they breed with a UltraBeastDitto you can only get in a random Japanese pokemon center giveaway, and can't be traded.
>>
>>30793162
If a Strength boulder is knocked down into a hole, isn't it permanent?
Thread posts: 104
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.