[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... in spite of the fact that I'm likely igniting flames

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 9

So... in spite of the fact that I'm likely igniting flames of war, just what went "wrong" with these remakes?
>>
just about everything, actually.
>>
No battle frontier

No gym leader rematches of any kind

No difficulty

Looks fucking awful just like XY
>>
>>30785986
Hoo boy, here we go...
1. Reasoning behind lack of Battle Frontier has already been explained; case point, the average audience nowadays don't come back for grandiose post game.
2. I GOT U SENPAI
3. Let's not talk about this.
4. "Looks fucking awful just like XY?" Riddle me this.
>>
>>30785941
Remakes of RS instead of emerald, their source was shit
and zinnia and all the "muh multiverse" fags that it created
>>
>>30785941
>lacking postgame content from Emerald No, being a remake of fucking RS isn't an excuse you mongs, FrLg and HGSS had things that weren't in the originals
>game is laughably easy even without exp share (though this is a symptom of the originals as well)
>game was actually made easier in the beginning for some reason as well
>shitty mega distribution still
>Zinnia
Honestly they're not bad games because RS are very solid regardless but it could've been so, so much more.
>>
>>30786077
>>30786090
Thank you both kindly. Cheers!
>>
>>30786118
Sorry, probably sounded sarcastic. At least your criticism was constructive, which I gladly acknowledge.
>>
>>30785941
>No Battle Frontier
>dumbed down difficulty
>no Gym Leader rematches
>Zinnia
>GF has terrible programmers

These are my complaints.
>>
>>30786211
GF has always had shit programmers, it took Miyamoto and Iwata to get GSC to work.
>>
File: 148394940.jpg (69KB, 700x390px) Image search: [Google]
148394940.jpg
69KB, 700x390px
>Not Delta Emerald
Literally the problem
>>
Just kind of boring desu
>>
File: oct_p07_02_vhf.jpg (41KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
oct_p07_02_vhf.jpg
41KB, 400x240px
>>30785941
HEY KID I KNOW YOU'RE IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR ADVENTURE BUT HAVE THIS FREE LEGENDARY MEGA STICK IT IN YOUR PARTY OK BYE
>>
File: image.png (228KB, 893x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
228KB, 893x1200px
>>
File: tumblr_ohr27bq4Gu1tspryno1_540.gif (1MB, 540x276px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ohr27bq4Gu1tspryno1_540.gif
1MB, 540x276px
Hoenn was always a shit region, ORAS are infinitely better than Ruby and Sapphire but so was Emerald for much different reasons so they come off as redundant as fuck. They should've just remade Emerald. I sure fucking hope they remake Platinum instead because DP are Masuda's second-worst games in the series

Ohmori got tasked with a very ass job. He certainly does better doing unique things instead of working with someone else's shit. ORAS being the only redeeming thing of Gen VI is just sad
>>
>>30786357
I fucking hate this.
>>
>>30786357
it was dumb but you needed the mega as it's ride pokemon 000 aka alpha
>>
>>30786478
Oh you know they will remake DP, love gen 4 and the idea of a remake scares me, at least they will have mercy and dont make surfing speed so slow
>>
>>30786389
Stop posting these stupid fucking things they're all wrong and all retarded, just like the people wo post them.
>>
>>30786581
THANK YOU GOOD SIR
>>
>>30786090
>FrLg and HGSS had things that weren't in the originals
Didn't they just have the postgame content copy+pasted from the main games in their generations? In which case ORAS having the Battle Maison would be consistent.
>>
>>30786619
Play the games.
>>
>>30786389
if anything GF and nintendo should stop bottering with 3D effects , anyone seriously turn this on?
>>
File: 1426205516969.jpg (5KB, 181x255px) Image search: [Google]
1426205516969.jpg
5KB, 181x255px
Honestly it's not even the lack of battle frontier, all the handholding and other stuff that pissed me off

It's just the fact that it got the "feeling" of the Hoenn region completely wrong, for example how they turned the Abandoned Ship into basically a tourist attraction (asking for tips Kalos style even) or how as soon as you beat Norman they teleport you in the right direction instead of incentivazing you to take advantage of newly obtained Surf to explore the previous areas you couldn't before
>>
>>30785941
Remake of literally the worst generation, that they somehow managed to make worse. Battle Maison is shit just like X/Y and Battle Tree in S/M. All but non existent post game. Getting all the the TMs is literally luck based.
>>
>>30786717
Diamond and Pearl don't have remakes yet anon
>>
>>30786648
It was phrased as a question for a reason. I can't remember shit I played ten years ago in crystal-clear detail, and I never bothered with postgame shit in the first place.
>>
>>30786524
Which I never used.
>>
Zinnia
>>
>>30785941
Nothing, vp just have shitty opinions and many trolls
>>
File: zinnia.jpg (95KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
zinnia.jpg
95KB, 600x600px
Why does Zinnia get hate exactly?
>>
>>30787049
Of course.
>>
>>30786357
>>30786491

Now that you mention it X/Y also forced those free Lucario onto you at every fucking turn too. I guess Sun/Moon gives you Zygarde for "free", but it actually requires you to do something for it first and it's not forced.
>>
>>30788514

/vp/ is overflowing with literal actual homosexuals.
>>
Bigger question: What went wrong with XY to make it so loathed by the fanbase? Why do people hate Gen 6's main titles so badly? What did SM do differently from XY to make it so beloved in the fandom's eyes?
>>
I liked it. Far from perfect, but no pokemon game is anywhere close to perfect.
>>
>>30786619
Yes and no. They did have the same thing, but it was an addition to other, new content. For example, the entire Sevii Island subquest for FrLg as well as more Pokemon to catch and the Pokeathlon, extra legendaries, and recreated dungeons for HGSS.
>>
>>30788689
>What did SM do differently from XY to make it so beloved in the fandom's eyes?

>story wasn't retarded
>NPCs were actually likable and memorable
>graphics weren't shitty
>no obnoxious Lucario dick sucking
>seriously there was a 50 foot tall statue of Lucario fucking christ
>Megas were 100% pure cancer while Z-moves are only 70% cancer lite
>music is better
>>
>>30788785
Oh no, stop giving XY undeserved hate right now.

>story wasn't retarded
Give me Pokemon Hitler and his team of fashion-obsessed idiots over Lillie's Family Drama guest-starring an alien jellyifsh.
>NPCS were actually likable and memorable
Are you forgetting the gym leaders, Malva, Sycamore, anyone from the Looker side quest, and Diantha?
>graphics weren't shitty
XY's graphics aren't shit though. SM has a graphic advantage to be fair.
>no horrible pushing of Lucario every 5 seconds
Agreed with you there, and you forgot the freebie one you got with good IVs, a good nature, and a Mega Stone. To be fair, I had forgotten about the giant statue.
>Megas are cancer
Lies; the issue was that next to nobody outside of you used Megas, so most of the time they were just a "win this fight" button with no drawbacks. Z-Moves were implemented in-game a lot better (don't end the fight by themselves and even normal trainers sometimes use them), but the fact that you got most of your Z-crystals in a set order meant that some types (like Water) got preferential treatment over those you couldn't get until endgame (like Ice or Dragon).
>music is better
The music for both games is stellar though.
>>
Managed to be worse than already bad games.
>>
>>30785941
emerald cucks hate it because there's content that doesn't revolve around rng after you beat the game

sinnohfetuses hate it because they don't like any game that didn't release when they were children, hence the constant gen 1/gen 6 hate threads at every hour of the day

unovafags hate it because it reminds them how inferior their circle corridor of a region is
>>
>>30788582
I'm straight and Zinnia's a shit fucking waifu, even in ORAS alone
>>
>>30785941
I just miss the battle frontier
>>
>>30789043
Yes they forgot all those NPCs. XY had some of the weakest and worst gym leaders in the series

They were total shit and didn't add anything except for Emma, who might as well be Lillie-lite+Gray Fox

I can guarantee people remember Dexio and Sina as the two researching Zygarde while on vacation a lot more than childish superhero rejects that do fucking nothing
>>
>>30789362
That's just because they haven't replayed XY recently.
>>
File: 1436059728024.png (634KB, 632x947px) Image search: [Google]
1436059728024.png
634KB, 632x947px
>>30789275
>Not even bringing Genwunners and their Johtumors also shitting on Hoenn
>Just admitted half the fanbase hates ORAS

kek
>>
>>30789391
>Have to replay the game to remember any of the characters

I can still recall Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh and especially Unova characters quite vividly. I only played through Black 2 once and I can still tell you who Colress is
>>
>>30789043
>Give me Pokemon Hitler
Really? After RS and DP (and basically BW2) you wanted another Poke-hitler?
>>
You will all regret your words 6 years from now when the X Y remakes come out.

You know it's coming eventually. Only took 6 years for gen one to be remade!
>>
>>30789666
Gen I was remade because Masuda's magnum opus excluded a shit ton of Pokemon that were available in Gens I and II, and they needed a way to make Kanto compatible with Hoenn

Now why the fuck Tajiri and Masuda thought it was a good idea to lock Johto Pokemon to post-game in FRLG is beyond me, but times have changed and so have directors that are actually competent unlike Masuda
>>
>>30789289
It's not like she has much competition.
>>
File: hgssvsoras.png (611KB, 1092x1248px) Image search: [Google]
hgssvsoras.png
611KB, 1092x1248px
>>
>>30788557
XY's lucario wasn't forced though. You had the option to say no to it
>>
>>30789713
you were suposed to buy XD and Colosseum.
>>
>>30789914
Gale of Darkness yes, if you get those games you get all of the Pokemon missing from Emerald's Hoenn and then some. But they're still some Kanto/Johto Pokemon missing from them too

I don't think the Gastly line is in Orre
>>
N_ B_ttl_ Fr_nt_er

anyone wanna buy a vowel
>>
I actually really liked ORAS
>>
>>30786064
Chibi's are objectively, irrefutably terrible and grid-based movement made the environment look like shit since everything was square

>2. I GOT U SENPAI
>3. Let's not talk about this

No counter argument?
>>
>>30786077
I was a multiverse faggot as soon as XY hit.

It's even fucking right there in the game text. For the first ever, Pokemon that were transfered up "traveled through space and time" rather than "Came from a faraway place" or "a long travel through time"
>>
>>30789043
>Are you forgetting the gym leaders, Malva, Sycamore, anyone from the Looker side quest, and Diantha?

Yes because all of those characters are unmemorable.

SM literally gave a random trial captain like Kiawe a more interesting character than anything in XY
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.