[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Want to be considered E-Sports >Can't even take

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: Mad_Treecko.png (99KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
Mad_Treecko.png
99KB, 320x240px
>Want to be considered E-Sports
>Can't even take care of Hackers
>>
>>30784430
Hackers don't have any sort of competitive advantage in this game though.
>>
the prevalence of rng in Pokemon will prevent it from ever being an "e-sport"
>>
>>30784430
This thread again?
>>
File: 1481487111943.png (106KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1481487111943.png
106KB, 256x256px
>Didn't even asked to become an E-sport
>Peopel STILL act surprised when people cheat
>>
>>30784465
They do if the edit pokemon in the middle of tourneys, but yeah I think most people agree that genning "legal" pokemon is acceptable. Shit even TCPI doesn't give a shit as long as they pass the hack checks. OP is just a retard that cares too much about what shortcuts people take to get the same end result.
>>
>>30784465
Yes they have
>>
And here we are again, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the fourth daily shitposting thread!

Seriously OP.
Kill your dog.
>>
>>30784465
All that time breeding could have been spent training. Therefore hackers automatically have an advantage, fucktard.
>>
>>30784547
Fuck you faggot what the fuck did the dog ever do to you? You're worse than OP. Fag.
>>
File: 1473597307968.jpg (11KB, 229x220px) Image search: [Google]
1473597307968.jpg
11KB, 229x220px
>>30784430
>inb4 100 replies
>>
>>30784512
Obvious hackfag reply
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 381x396px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 381x396px
>want to play Pokemon competitively
>have to quit my job, drop out of school, and neglect my friends and family to have enough time to breed competitive Pokemon
>or I could just hack them in and continue having a life part from pokemon

I wonder which one of the better option
>>
File: Capture.png (212KB, 260x327px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
212KB, 260x327px
>YES FUCK ME HARDER, ANON AH YES

>I'M SO GLAD YOU HAVE ENOUGH FREE TIME TO FUCK ME SINCE YOU USE PKHEX INSTEAD OF BREEDING UHN YES
>>
>>30784512
Yeah you're right, I forgot about that. It's pretty shitty that someone would change their Pokemon in the middle of a tournament, at that point it's blatant cheating but I don't see a problem with genning a legal team and using it in a tournament as long as you don't try and change it in the middle of the tournament.

>>30784526
In what ways? Other than what >>30784512
mentioned.
>>
Verlis pls leave.
>>
E-sport is such a cringy phenomena in gaming
>>
>>30784632

erotic
>>
Welcome back Wolfpack
>>
>>30784430
aren't you getting bored of making the same thread every day?
>>
>>30784620
Don't play competitive then.
>>
>>30784774
Yesterday was not me by the way, but i agree with the former Op
>>
>>30784869

>competitive should only be played by privelaged manchildren that have nothing better to do than play a bike simulator and complain about games on the Internet
>>
Hacking is a way better method to getting shinys and ivs.
Breeding/ev training are way better methods if you are to remain complacent with what tools the games give you to achieve the same results.

Except with hacking you could have that porygon be in a illegal ball.
With hacking you cut out the daycare from the equation.
With hacking you are assured 6 to 5ivs with hidden abilities whenyou want them instead of genuinely hatching thousands of eggs for 6ivs and 5ivs with the off chance you do get that shiny lediba that will be just as shitty like that injected hacked shiny lediba.

As long as you paid for the game you can do anything you want to it in my eyes.
This is why i both inject and breed.
>>
>>30784949
Actually, it's a bull simulator.
>>
>>30785199
You just give the reasons why cheaters have advantages
>>
>>30784465
>Circumventing the statistical odds of getting the perfect mon by genning the perfect mon isn't a competitive advantage.
>Taking a cab to win a marathon isn't a competitive advantage or cheating.
>>
File: 1295883598370.png (50KB, 344x499px) Image search: [Google]
1295883598370.png
50KB, 344x499px
>>30784430
Pokemon can't be an e-sport.

The skill ceiling is so low that it can be reached in a lazy afternoon on google, it requires almost no practice on the player's part, and the only time consuming part of it is irrelevant, since anyone actually serious about it will skip it altogether.

And even once you've passed that very low requirement to be a "professional", the actual game is based on guesswork that's less like an actual battle of wits, and more like a flashy bout of rock-paper-scissors, with the only difference that it takes 60 hours because many have deluded themselves into thinking stall teams are the best thing.
>>
>>30785973
>the actual game is based on guesswork that's less like an actual battle of wits, and more like a flashy bout of rock-paper-scissors

That's also why repeat champions are so rare, and tiers of direct-elimination tournaments are so randomly distributed.
The only determining factor that decides who climbs up and who falls is pure luck, everyone is just playing dice, but they think it's pure skill.
>>
>>30785330
>cheaters have the advantage
>non hackers dont have the advantage
>this means pokemon will never be an esport
>>
No e-sport takes care of cheaters

Every FPS game is filled with aimbots
>>
Keep making this thread, pal

People complaining about hacks only makes it funnier and more worthwhile to do
>>
>>30784632
top kek
>>
>>30786049

e-sport =/= I play CS:GO in my basement

Actual e-sport tournaments are played in venues on premade PCs you have no control over
>>
You're not going to enter a tourney without the right stats on your pokes, so it doesn't even matter whether or not your opponent hacked his, unless you have an unrealistically small amount of preparation time.
>>
>>30786126
meanwihle people have been caught aimbotting at iems in csgo. really makes you think!

>>30784584
play.pokemonshowdown.com
>>
I'm getting tired of this, so I'll make it quick and say the things that are always said in these threads:

Fuck off Verlis, the stats are legal so its ok etc.
>>
>>30784708
This.

Go outside you fucking nerds. Or at least play chess or some shit.
>>
>>30785973
This.
>>
>verlisify is THIS salty his accounts were almost stolen
>>
>>30786014
Pretty much. Look at those years where VGC champions were all literally the same team. How come one team came in 1st and other in 2nd if they have the same mons, movesets and EV spreads? RNG.

Winning or losing is pure luck in this game. You could have a team that's objectively better than your opponent's but if they keep getting those flinches and parahax and what not you'll lose anyways.
>>
>>30784708
It's been a thing since arcades with high score competitions. It's only just caught on because it has a marketable name. Same thing with "selfies"; the concept has been a thing since cameras were invented, but only good a name in the last couple of years.
>>
>>30784430
That's why no one besides a few /vp/goers take that shit seriously.
>>
>>30784632
BORREN ESTO
>>
>>30784430
> e
> sports
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.