[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this thing such a bitch to catch? Did gamefreak just really

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

Why is this thing such a bitch to catch?
Did gamefreak just really not want you to have a beldum midgame?
>>
It couldn't be caught in RSE so it was just a hidden gag that's been grandfathered in.
>>
>>30781157
What are you talking about? I encountered a lot of them looking for something else in the area and the one I caught was caught easily
>>
They never set a catch rate for pokemon that are just given to you in-game as was the case for Beldum in RSE, so it's just been left to the default lowest value possible.
>>
>>30781187

Catch rate of 3.

Beldum is as difficult to catch as most legendaries, because they forgot to update its catch rate when it became a regular wild Pokemon.
>>
>>30781187
It has the same catch rate as Giratina/Kyurem/Necrozma/etc.

You just got lucky
>>
>>30781157
Pseudos used to be in hidden areas so they got regular catch rates, but this fucker was a gift.
Pseudos used to be something special that you weren't supposed to have before late/post-game, but XY fucked everything up having them roaming around the second gym with the same catch rates they used to have when they where in hidden spots.
>>
>>30781157
I actually got my first ever shiny pokemon this gen while I was searching for ditto. It was a beldum and I was sweating the whole time because of that take down recoil and that 3 catch rate. I ended up getting it though :)
>>
>>30781275
Not Red Gyarados tier, but still...
>>
>>30781157
Maybe you should hope for one from poke pelago, I've already gotten two metangs from it.
>>
I used my haunter to catch it, because take down doesn't effect him and used shadow ball to take care of any help beldum called and got him after about 20 ultraballs
>>
>>30781307
Oh no I got one
I just had to actually use hypnosis to get it and some Mons I can just chuck an ultra ball at with full health and catch it.
>>
>>30781357
Yeh, I had to go get m gengar for it.
Which is when I knew it was annoying to get.
>>
File: CvHMPB-XgAAoMX_[1].jpg (16KB, 401x234px) Image search: [Google]
CvHMPB-XgAAoMX_[1].jpg
16KB, 401x234px
>>30781157
I caught one in a Beast Ball.
It took forever, but it was worth it.
>>
>>30781157
Special snowflake pokemon always have bullshit catch rates
>>
>>30781418
>beast ball
>not a heavy ball
jesus christ, anon
>>
>>30781255
>>30781248
Believe the formula is also affected by level, so while the base is the same, it's not as hard as the actual legends.

Anyone having genuine trouble catching it is not bringing any status moves.
>>
>>30781462
Isn't that literally impossible because Beldum's weight gives the Heavy Ball a -20 catch rate penalty, giving you a negative chance to catch?
>>
>>30781584

Level has nothing to do with catch rate.
>>
>>30781732
It can't go lower than 1 I think, making Beast Ball Beldum and Heavy Ball Beldum among the hardest catches in the series.
>>
>>30781800
There's something going on there, right?
I thought there was some weird math thing where having 1/100 HP was a bigger boost than having 1/10 HP, so in a round about way, the level does have an impact because it means more HP.
Don't quote me on that.
>>
File: 1472935707969.gif (666KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1472935707969.gif
666KB, 500x281px
>>30781157
>tfw finally caught it in a Beast Ball
>>
On a similar topic, what's a good catch pokemon for this game? Don't think there's a parasect for false swipe/spore combos this time, right?
>>
>>30784110
Parasect's in the game. It's weak as shit, but it's there.
>>
>>30784110
Hold back Munchlax
>>
>>30784110
Snorlax
leftovers
>Hold Back
>Yawn

Rest and Amnesia area also pretty useful.
>>
>>30784110
I'm using a meanlook/false wipe/thunderwave absol
>>
I must have gotten lucky because it was literally the first thing I encountered on that mountain near the electric trial and I caught it in like three ultra balls.
>>
>>30784410
similar situation, i thought maybe they adjusted his catch rate
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.