[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Poni Breaker Coast >Sharpedo: 10% Bubbling Spot 2 hours

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: 62866.jpg (126KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
62866.jpg
126KB, 1280x960px
>Poni Breaker Coast
>Sharpedo: 10% Bubbling Spot

2 hours later:

>Pearls
>Bottle Caps
>Sticky Barbs
>Shiny Magicarp
>Shiny Wailmer

No Sharpedo. Why?
>>
cuz ur gayXD
>>
>>30778176
It never took me more than 15 minutes to get the rare fishing mons. I am pretty sure that everybody that claims that it took hour(s) for them are grossly exaggerating or just doing it wrong.
>>
I would be inclined to say the 10% is a typo or something because it took me ages too
>>
>>30778176
gamefreak was able to get the desire sensor code from capcom
>use synchronize quiet for grubbin and slowpoke for 40 turns each
>both are adamant
>>
>>30778320
Not OP, but Sharpedo is the only rare fish I've ever had a ridiculously hard time getting. Eventually I just traded a castform baby for it on the gts
>>
>>30778349
So the trick is to go in blind?
>kill astalos
>carve two plates
>"huh, thought they call these things scales"
>2 minutes passed before finally realizing what happened
>>
>>30778320
>>30778395
Sharpedo did take the longest for me, appearing after awhopping 5 encounters.

I never get how people think bubble fishing is hard. You do know you're supposed to leave the area and come back if you didn't get what you wanted after the first try, right?
>>
OP here, finally found it.

>Got it to 1hp.
>Calls for help.
> Sharpedo showed up.
>Knockout the first one.
>Speed Boost activates.

Worth the wait.
>>
>>30778597
neat
>>
I found Sharpedo on my first cast, but Bruxish took about an hour.
>>
>>30778320
>>30778571
>doesn't understand probability
People are massively lucky as well as massively unlucky.
>>
>>30778176
Sharpedo was the first mon I fished up at that place.
>>
>>30778176
Just get something rare and breed it to send over the GTS. Once you get a Goomy or something from Island Scan you can pretty much name your price on it.
>>
>>30778506
the trick is to not want something. You basically have to be a Jedi to play these games
>>
>>30778571
Nigga. I went back and forth for upwards of an hour and no Sharpedo. If I was able to get the other rare fishing encounters easily, don't you think this time was just really bad luck on my part? I know how bubbling spots work.
>>
Only one I had a problem with was the gayfish but that was only because the nearest load screen was a fly, patch of grass, and sharp rocks away. Dhelmise and sharpedo were easy
>>
File: 200_s.gif (59KB, 408x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
59KB, 408x200px
>>30778176
>want a Speed Boost Sharpedo
>finally get a Sharpedo after fishing for an hour
>False Swipe
>Adrenaline Orb
>Its help didn't come! Its help didn't come! Its help didn't come! It's help didn't come!
>Another one finally shows up, kill it
>Its help didn't come! Its help didn't come! Its help didn't come! It's help didn't come!
>this repeats for three more Sharpedos, 45 fucking minutes have passed
>new Sharpedo shows up
>pick a move to kill it
>it outspeeds me because the first Sharpedo spammed Scary Face on me a million fucking times
>it uses SWAGGER ON THE FIRST SHARPEDO FOR SOME REASON
>THE FIRST SHARPEDO IMMEDIATELY KILLS ITSELF
>MY ATTACK KILLS THE SECOND ONE, RUINING THE CHAIN

Fuck fishing and fuck SOS battles.

And the WORST part is that a couple hours later I went to the GTS and traded some random mon from the Poni Plains and got a Speed Boost Carvanha with an egg move on the first fucking try.
>>
>>30779886
Wait, do sharpedo normally attack each other? Anyone else have it happen to them?
>>
>>30778176
>First time fishing at Poni Breaker Coast
>Caught Sharpedo
>Traded it on the GTS for a Dragonair
>Went back and caught another one on the 5th try

It's really not hard guys!
>>
>>30780522
I've seen something like that in Battle Tree Doubles once and I think the game's AI treats it like it's a buff to the other pokemon. That Sharpedo probably thought it was helping its bro.
>>
>>30780522
yes, they keep using swagger on each other it's really fucking annoying

and someone told me mareanie attack corsola, that's the only other sos infighting that i know of but there might be more
>>
>>30781279
sableye attacks carbink
>>
>>30779886
Death before slavery
>>
Why people don't just use the GTS is beyond me. Shit, you could probably slum in ANY trade thread on ANY Pokemon related website and get the Pokemon you're looking for within minutes.

Why do people get joy out of these rare encounter rates again?
>>
File: 1481528524791.gif (1MB, 400x220px) Image search: [Google]
1481528524791.gif
1MB, 400x220px
>>30781759
They don't. No one does.

Except that one autist for whom this is his only joy in life

GameFreak got tired of people complaining the game was easy, so instead of adding actual challenge, they just overclocked the RNG to fuck people. It's really pathetic.
>>
>>30781279
That's why I was curious about it. Some of the sos battles have weird matchups. Sharks eat other sharks, but I wouldn't think sharpedo would attack another sharpedo unless it was considered a buff.
>>
>>30782342
It has to do with the move being classified as a "support move" by the AI. It's the same reason Hau will drop his Z-move on you in doubles if he has Primarina. Sparkling Aria removes burns, and thus is classified as "support", and when the AI realizes it can Z-power that move, it does so. This is why Hau betrays you, he thinks he's helping. It's entirely possible that Swagger is set up the same way.

Or maybe since "swagger" means to show off and be a shit, they're just flexing at each other because they're territorial?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.