[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you soft reset for good ivs on legendaries? How long

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1481663027292.png (279KB, 482x642px) Image search: [Google]
1481663027292.png
279KB, 482x642px
Do you soft reset for good ivs on legendaries? How long does that shit take you?
>>
Depends if I'm going for Balltism or hidden power or not. If I don't care for balls or hidden power, then maybe at hour at most. In past gens it took a long ass time due to low I.Vs and weaker balls.
>>
Maybe to get attack and speed on a physical sweeper etc but there's like a 25% of getting that so it's not bad
>>
>>30777875
im trying to go for four ivs and correct nature. ive got the nature down its just trying to get the ivs in the right slots is a pain
>>
Nope never been my thing. Natures sure. Thank God for bottle caps.
>>
It takes me a while. Mainly if you don't have the legendary already in your dex. If you have someone trade you one just for the dex entry and then later go back to soft reset for ivs it shaves off a good 15 seconds or so. But if you dont have the IV checker sometimes it takes me longer.. Or I'm salty forever. Have a 30 atk IV Solgaleo.. Oops.
>>
>>30777935
For some reason I just want to have correct ivs rather then use bottle caps. is there any difference at all between using them and having the ivs already?
>>
>>30777971

On legendaries? No not really, hyper training sets a flag to raise the stats as opposed to the I.V so hyper trained I.V's don't pass in breeding but it makes hidden power much less work.

I reset for a Tapu Koko and two Xuritree's with HP Ice and all 3 have imperfect speed so this system means I can just train them up and hyper train the speed while keeping HP Ice (although one of the tree's is quiet for trick room and I actually got 0 speed on him somehow so his speed is staying crap.
>>
>>30778063
so really the only time it matters is when you're soft reseting for low to zero ivs? that's really backwards.
>>
>>30777971
Nope. The game treats the stats as if they're a regular 31 iv. Bonus that caps lets you have specific hidden powers with all 31 ivs now.
>>
>>30777839
Not too long. I just lead with a Synchronize Abra, and then just catch it until I get the 3 most important stats down. Thank god for the guaranteed 3 perfect IVs. Takes a little while longer for me, because I like to go Balltism on legendaries

I might actually just train all the Tapu to Lv100 to max them out with Hyper Training

And since we're at it, I caught Koko with an Ultra Ball, and Lele with a Heal Ball. I'm planning on catching Fini in a Dive Ball but what would be a decent ball for Bulu?
>>
>>30778114
Is there an easy way to get a bunch of them?
>>
>>30778114
wow so I can just hunt for bottle caps and not worry about ivs at all? just grinding them to level 100?
>>
>>30778146
Yes, pretty much. Also there are exploits that can get you a shitload of caps anyway

Grinding to Lv100 is kinda shit though, I miss the Lv100 Secret Bases
>>
>>30777839
I don't even soft reset for natures, anon.
>>
>>30778139
There's an exploitable way to get infinite bottle caps but it requires you to use festival plaza and have plenty of coins to spare
>>
>>30778198
How do you even grind now? E4 over and over again?
>>
>>30778198
What's the best way to grind for bottle caps? festival plaza?
>>
>>30778244
I've heard S.O.S bewear is faster.
>>
>>30778263
Second time I've heard this. Wonder why
>>
>>30778283
I think 7 bewear equal the amount of experiance from 1 elite four battle so it cuts the amount of time on cutscenes.
>>
>>30778244
Yes, altough I give credit to GF, the cutscenes are not as bad the XY elite four, and at least the champion rotates so it's not the same shit everytime

>>30778283
It has it's merits, because Bewear has a very high base Exp. Not Blissey but really high. It takes a while to get it going, but once you have the SOS chain you can KO more pokemon (and get more EXP) in less time, since you won't be dealing with the cutscenes of E4,and walking around and stuff

I'd definitevely recommend a Ghost-type, like Lunala if you want to try that method, because all those Hammer Arms will stack up and disturb your flow
>>
>>30778132
Some anon made this recommendation chart a while back >>30761591
>>
>>30778244
Bewear farm with a ghost (I use Decidueye with False Swipe) makes it so easy, no healing items needed at all, and you can keep the chain going as long as you have leppa berries!

To skip a turn, use adrenaline ball thingie again - after the first use it has no effect and isn't spent.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.