[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>replaying Emerald for the good ol' rng fest called the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_9298.jpg (410KB, 640x804px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9298.jpg
410KB, 640x804px
>replaying Emerald for the good ol' rng fest called the Battle Frontier
>realize a lot of good Pokemon are locked behind trade evos, not being obtainable in Hoenn, or flat out don't exist yet
>pre phys-spec split
>breeding and EV training suck in this game
WHY DIDN'T THEY JUST BRING IT BACK
>>
>>30773517
The only facility worth playing is the Battle Factory anyway, so you don't need your EV trained mons.
>>
>>30773531
>Pyramid
>Dome
>Arena
>>
Don't forget
>pre infinite use TMs
>>
>>30773517
Battle Frontier was the single worst idea to ever come out of any Pokemon game. Prove me wrong.

Protip: You can't.
>>
>>30775227
This, combined with the fact that the vast majority of Pokemon have an incredibly shitty level-up movesets so you pretty much have to rely on TMs if you want a decent Pokemon.
>>
File: anabel20.png (59KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
anabel20.png
59KB, 400x500px
>>30775245
Never got a silver symbol, huh?
>>
File: IMG_9261.jpg (170KB, 818x717px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9261.jpg
170KB, 818x717px
>>30775257
>Emerald move tutors
>only good ones are elemental punches and one time Explosion and Double Edge tutors
>>
>>30776264
>Softboiled
>Seismic Toss
>Substitute
>Swords Dance
>Rock Slide
Come on boy
>>
File: 1472968073057.png (40KB, 251x231px) Image search: [Google]
1472968073057.png
40KB, 251x231px
>>30773517
I wonder what ORAS would be like in a universe where they gave it a full two years of dev time instead of just one year.

At least ROMhacks have fixed the phys/spec split issue.
>>
>>30776264
>they felt the need to make Rollout, Defense Curl, and fucking Fury Cutter move tutor moves
>>
>>30775245
(You)
>>
>>30776555
Anon, no. He did not deserve a (You) for that, make him at least try a little bit.
>>
>>30775227
>what is Emerald cloning glitch
>>30776264
>forgetting about Rock Slide, Substitute and T-Wave
It's so damn easy to spot underages ITT
>>
>>30775176
nah fuck that noise. When I was a kid I found a shiny magnetric in the battle pyramid. I couldn't catch that shit but it's black and gold glory was in front of my face.

I fucking cried like a bitch.
>>
>>30773517
>breeding and EV training suck in this game
>implying you need to breed to beat the Frontier
>pre phys-spec split
>implying not getting OHKOed by random crits is a bad thing
>realize a lot of good Pokemon are locked behind trade evos, not being obtainable in Hoenn, or flat out don't exist yet
>muh Kingdra that I wouldn't use because Ludicolo is better

Fuck you.
>>
>>30775176
>battle arena
>battle dome
>worth playing
>>
>>30776702
Arena sucks but Dome was my favorite next to Factory when I was a kid.
>>
>>30775257
The Emerald glitch solves that problem.

Infinite Earthquakes and Toxics made everything easy.
>>
>>30776659
he has a point man, I mean ludicolo was like the only good grass pokemon before the split

alot of pokemon didn't make sense like hitmonchan or ghosts with high special attack
>>
>>30776891
>Elemental Punch Alakazam will never be viable again

Speaking of which
>>30776659
>not wanting to use Alakazam
>>
>>30776659
>implying not getting OHKOed by random crits is a bad thing
What does that even mean? That has mothing to do with the split, and it still happens. Did you even play the games?
>>
Battle Palace is the worst. You have to get bizarre natures to make everything more useful, and it's still just an RNG fiesta of hoping your mon uses the right move
>>
File: tucker's mouth.png (689KB, 625x900px) Image search: [Google]
tucker's mouth.png
689KB, 625x900px
>>30777011
Palace was a mistake, I think everyone can agree on that.
>>
>>30777011

Assuming GF brings back the Emerald Frontier. The Arena and Palace should be replaced with the hall and arcade.
>>
>>30777253
>replacing the Arena

Nah, it's cooler than the Hall. Honestly I'd wish all ten would make it though for the sake of being the ultimate Frontier, unparalleled to any other Frontier in the franchise.
>>
>>30777008
Do YOU even play the games?

Go look at the Frontier sets, and compare them with the Battle Tree sets.

The powercreep that the split brought is high enough that most crits are crippling. Getting my Latios critted by a Fire Blast in gen 3 isn't as bad as it getting critted by a Flare Blitz in gen 6.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/battle-frontier-max-stats-pokemon-database.15426/

Consider Frontier's Blaziken 4:

252 SpA Blaziken Overheat vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios on a critical hit: 99-117 (63.4 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1D7T0jCHBkDppjTB0_rJyK0houk8zE3wLmZ1DlVXEkXg/edit#gid=0

Battle Tree's Blaziken 3:

252 Atk Choice Band Blaziken Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Latios on a critical hit: 129-153 (83.7 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Blaziken 4:

252+ Atk Blaziken-Mega Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Latios on a critical hit: 117-138 (75.9 - 89.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Oh, and that Mega Blaziken also has Night Slash because the split was awesome guys.

So on Frontier you'd just Recover the damage, on Battle Tree if it's Speed Boost you fucking lost. If it's Mega Blaziken you lost anyway.

The split made Pokemon a game where everyone can kill everyone. This is bad for a mode where you can lose dozens of hours to a single loss.
>>
>>30777495
I think this is the first time I've seen someone unironically complaining about the split.
Is this autism?
>>
>>30775227

>tfw you found out you could clone in Emerald, so you felt like a got teaching Eartquake left and right to your mons.
>>
>>30775245
It was a good idea but unfortunately it was scrapped in the gen that added things like infinite TMS and shit that would've made it so much better.
>>
>>30777495
So what your saying is that pokemon with 30 more spdef than def takes more from physical moves? Color me shocked! You take more from a crit HJK anyways, and fighting was always physical.
>>
>>30777663
So you don't see how that can fuck you in high streaks?

What's with all these underages faggots? You all talk big about the Battle Frontier, yet you clearly never even got a Gold Symbol.

It doesn't takes a fucking genius to recognize that having predicability in types means you're less susceptible to hax as you can build your team accordingly (ie using a high special defense pokemon to switch into an Ice Beam aimed at your Salamence).
>>
File: 1481227704855.jpg (70KB, 715x750px) Image search: [Google]
1481227704855.jpg
70KB, 715x750px
>>30777715
There were less viable moves then though, and you could memorize what carried what just fine, and arguably even easier because they're restricted to type. Snorlax can Shadow Ball now, sure, but Gengar can't, and things like Gyarados can't carry Waterfall and the like. Are you dumb senpai?
>>
>>30777815
This has nothing to do with memorization you idiot, anyone can find a list on the internet. This is about being able to soak attacks because not everyone and their mother had a dual STAB coming off their best attacking stat which could be ether physical or special, making it incredibly volatile.

That Emerald Blaziken is slow as fuck because it's not invested in speed. The Battle Tree Blaziken is fast AND is able to effectively use both fire and fighting type attacks.

Do you understand it now, or should I draw a map?
>>
>>30777495
>actually bitching about the split
Most retarded poster on this site right now.
>>
>>30773517
Translation?
>>
>>30778155
>That Emerald Blaziken is slow as fuck because it's not invested in speed.

I don't see what that has to do with the split. Seems more like you hate Blaziken getting Speed Boost more than getting Flare Blitz.
>>
>>30777590
>>30778216
He has a thread up for this bitching too.
>>
>>30779281
>Serena
>If you don't make a move, Satoshi will
>I've taken him!
>Uwaaaaa
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.