[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does Gamefreak decide whether a fairy gets Moonblast or just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

File: 280px-Moonblast.png (47KB, 280x168px) Image search: [Google]
280px-Moonblast.png
47KB, 280x168px
How does Gamefreak decide whether a fairy gets Moonblast or just Dazzling Gleam?

> in before relation to the moon which is not the case
> in before balancing which is not the case
>>
throwing a dart
>>
>Dedenne and Comfey can learn Play rough
>Tapu Koko and Tapu Bulu cannot
Explain this shit
>>
>>30772748
Take a look at the name.
Dedenne and Comfey are pokemon that Play Rough. Tapu Koko and Tapu Bulu just want to smash shit up.

It's still bullshit that there's no good physical Fairy move aside from Play Rough
>>
>>30772748
>tfw dedenne doesn't get dazzling gleam
>>
>>30772772
>there's no good physical Fairy move aside from Play Rough
Correction it's the only physical fairy type move. They introduced so many moves this gen(most of which are useless) but no damaging fairy moves aside from Nature's madness and Fleur cannon which don't really count since they are signature moves.
>>
>>30772797
Togedemaru has the same syndrome with its secondary STAB too hopeful it will get Iron head or Iron tail via move tutors.
>>
poor balancing
>>
>>30772825
But at least Togedemaru has a move for his highest stat. Dedenne does not.

Also that's not a tail.
>>
>>30772825
It would have been a decent check to the tapus (except bulu) if it had only gotten iron head
>>
>>30772905
I know it's a lightning rod but Primeape can also learn Iron tail despite not having a tail.
>>
>>30772728

I have a theory that female Fairies leanr Moonblast, and males don't.

To put it more succinctly, those with a masculine appearance don't, and feminine fairies do.

It's most noticeable with the Tapus. Lele and Fini both learn Moonblast, but Koko and Bulu don't. There are exceptions, such as Magearna and Togekiss, but also some very good codifiers, namely Granbull, Mr. Mime, and Azumarill.
>>
>>30772932
Why Gardevoir yes and Wigglytuff no?
>>
>>30772812
This is why I like to play a Physical Fairy Silvally.
Multi-attack is the best physical Fairy move. Which is hilarious.
>>
>>30772943
Well, it's meant to be a magical type and not a physical damaging type.
>>
Attempt to make them unique because of their move pools
>>
>>30772940
gardevoir looks feminine, wigglytuff looks like down syndrome
>>
File: 1479429123293-1-1-1.png (205KB, 1158x306px) Image search: [Google]
1479429123293-1-1-1.png
205KB, 1158x306px
>>30772728
As >>30772932 implied, since the only Tapus that get Moonblast are Lele and Fini, I would assume Fairies that share a feminine appearance would get this move and nothing else. Probably for flavor reasons as fairy is the "magic girl" type.
>>30772772
No, those two really should've gotten Play Rough. The animation was changed to be no longer childish/cutesy by aesthetic. It would make sense for the masculine Tapus to learn this move now. This is just another case of Gamefreak being bullshit developers who continue to make questionable decisions.
>>
why are you putting a space after the greater than sign?
>>
>>30773040
Because I type on mobile and have no clue.
>>
>>30773035
only Bulu would want play rough
koko still works better as special
>>
>>30773055

What if Koko gets Volt Tackle too?
>>
>>30773055
I always feel like physical mon get the short end of the stick in general. Suffer from intimiditus, on contactiphilis and low accuracancer. In Kokos case however, Play Rough would bring it up a little, just you know... His best set doesn't even run dazzling gleam and prefers hp ice or fire SO.
>>
>>30772728
>are you something that could theoretically be tied to the moon?
>are you just a magical creature?

I think that's pretty much it. All the things that get Moonblast have some lunar connection
>>
>>30772918
>Blissey used Tail Whip!
>>
>>30773118
>30773118
consider this instead

Pokemon moon and the moon in general is largely based on alchemy and other myths/legends to be female or feminine (as an example, look at the exclusive UBs for that game - all feminine). It's also associated with magic and the spiritual realm (hence Lunala being ghost instead of fairy, it still fits either way). I would say the the Fairy type can be related to the moon, but is more associated with cute, feminine, magical crap. Because another metaphor for the moon is soft and caring (even submissive).

Using what we know, especially all the way back in gen 1 with Clefairy being pokemon from the moon. Fairy is based upon things that you're supposed to fall in love with or find hard to wrong them.

The fairy type is really just another expression of holy or light, the same with moonblast. Not in context of burning harsh light like the sun, but purifying holy light that defeats evil (see kingdom hearts).
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-14-05-22-50-1.png (164KB, 1280x447px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-14-05-22-50-1.png
164KB, 1280x447px
>>30773055 #
Play Rough would help Koko for these reasons:
-Physical sets with Choice Band would be more usable now. As Brave Bird and U-Turn are solid moves.
-http://www.smogon.com/articles/jape-competitive
Dazzling Gleam has reduced damage output in doubles. Which makes it significantly weaker than Sylveon, Megavoir, and Xerneas(who was allowed on an offical format once) when running spread Fairy moves.
>>30773072 #
It wouldn't be needed. Electric Terrain boosted Wild Charge is stronger than Volt Tackle.
>>
>>30773215
Forgot to mention Shiintonic, that thing kills things. It's a fucking creeper, this one belongs to the OTHER definition of fairy - because we all know types have more than one meaning to them. This one comes from the fairy tale aspects of the typing, weird creepy creatures that lurk in the forests and can be quite terrifying and nasty.
>>
>>30772918
And you know what that means?
>>
>>30772932
But Whimsicott and Shiinotic learn Moonblast naturally while Ribombee doesn't.
>>
>>30773249
>Electric Terrain boosted Wild Charge is stronger than Volt Tackle.
But what about Electric Terrain boosted Volt Tackle?
>>
>>30773870
yeah, that person is a dumbfuck.
wild charge is 90bp
volt tackle is 120bp with priority

in electric terrain wild charge is only doing 135bp while volt tackle is going to do 180bp WITH priority but 8.3% more recoil. (33.33% of damage dealt)

Very worth.
>>
File: papiwha.png (226KB, 400x379px) Image search: [Google]
papiwha.png
226KB, 400x379px
>>30774026
>with priority
>>
>>30774026
Volt Tackle doesn't have Priority.

>>30773215
>>30773118
>>30773035
>>30772932
Wigglytuff can't learn Moonblast despite being pink, girly, and evolving with a Moon Stone and being found outside Mt. Moon.
>>
>>30772748
Because they're not playful.
>>
>>30773253
Shiinotic learns Moonblast simply because it's nocturnal. Same goes for Hoothoot.
>>
>>30772728
Moonblast seems to be for things that are more inherently magical while Dazzling Gleam has more of a generic spread like Beambolt.
>>30772748
Japanese name is Frolic.
>>
>>30773596
What?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.