[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's pretend that GameFreak tried to be realistic for once,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: not fairy types.jpg (30KB, 500x169px) Image search: [Google]
not fairy types.jpg
30KB, 500x169px
Let's pretend that GameFreak tried to be realistic for once, and didn't just smack the Fairy type onto anything and everything they can.

What types would these Pokémon have been?
>>
>>30772561
Fairy
>>
I can't think of anything but Flying for Spritzee, Poison for Aromatisse (strong smelly smells) and Normal for Swirlix and Slurpuff.
>>
Spritzee - Fairy
Aromatisse - Fairy/Poison

The other two - Fairy
>>
>>30772568
>>30772577
>hurr durr they're pink so they should be fairy type
>>
>>30772561
Spritzee: Poison/Flying
Aromatisse: Poison
Swirlix: Grass/Normal
Slurpuff: Fairy/Normal
>>

(you)
>>
>>30772583
They are fairy because they look like magical girl familiars and also most fairies DO have pink in their design and look feminine.
>>
File: 45903468_p3.png (35KB, 720x620px) Image search: [Google]
45903468_p3.png
35KB, 720x620px
The cotton candy and cupcake dogs are Fairy type because cotton candy and cupcakes are known as "fairy floss" and "fairy cakes" respectively in some parts of the world.

You uncultured swine.
>>
>>30772622
They look like magical girl familiars, yet have no magical powers at all? So basically just ordinary pets then.
>>
>>30772675
Is shooting perfume not a power now?
>>
>>30772622
One aspect of Fairy typing is senses. Slurpuff/Sweet Veil = taste. Aromatisse/Aroma Veil/Aromatic Mist = scent. It's probably the reason Gardevoir, the Embrace Pokémon, got Fairy typing (and Ralts is the Feeling Pokémon). It's not hard to understand.
>>
>>30772628
Actually deep lore.
>>
>>30772701
Smelling is not a power, no.
>>
>>30772709
Emotions are in almost all fiction depicted as being some sort of magic or being able to boosting/change magical elements.
Just smelling good has never had any connotations to magic at all. Neither has having a diet of nothing but sweets.
>>
>>30772591
>cotton candy
>grass

u wot
>>
Spritzee and Aromatisse: Poison/Flying

(Doduo and Dodrio can be Flying type, why not Aromatisse?)

Swirlix and Slurpuff Normal type
>>
>>30772829
>Neither has having a diet of nothing but sweets.

http://wiki.puella-magi.net/Charlotte

>The witch of sweets. Her nature is tenacity. She desires everything. She will never give up. Though she is capable of creating infinite amounts of any dessert she desires, she is unable to make the cheese that she loves most. One could easily catch her off-guard with a piece of cheese.
>>
I think Poison for Spritzee and Aromatisse Poison/Flying could work as well.

A problem with fairy is they didnt use it to fix the pokemon they slapped psychic type onto just because they didnt have another one it fit with.

Gothita line
Lake Trio should be Fairy
Mew should be Fairy/Psychic or Normal/Fairy
Jirachi should be Fairy/Steel
In fact most of the "pixie" mythicals should be Fairy. Victini, Shaymin, Jirachi, Celebi.
>>
>>30772987
Jirachi is Psychic for its third eye, the lake trio are Psychic because they have to do with aspects of the mind—emotion, knowledge, and will.
>>
Swirlix and Slurpuff arguably make sense as fairies because of fairy floss, but they'd probably be normal or normal/fire (because ovens).

Spritzee and Armoatisse would be normal/poison.
>>
>>30772561
Probably Normals.

Fairy is still tough to pin down thematically, but it did usurp the spot of "let's just make this a Normal type." I feel like a lot of older Pokemon, had Fairy existed since Gen I, would have just been pure Fairy-types. Normal (and to some extend Psychic) was a catch all type back in the day.
>>
>>30773023
The Lake Trio should be Psychic/Fairy though, as their other main role in the Pokémon Universe is to keep Dialga, Palkia and Giratina under control, all of which are Dragon types.
>>
>>30773165
>Normal (and to some extend Psychic) was a catch all type back in the day.
And they still are. And now Fairy is as well, which is the problem. Half of the Fairy types don't even fit the typing.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.