[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So is this thing good or what? The general consensus seems 50/50

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: Kc97Kz.png (23KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
Kc97Kz.png
23KB, 256x256px
So is this thing good or what?
The general consensus seems 50/50 between it's shit and it's great
>>
ruined by ability
>>
I love it, just took some time to get used to the ability but it was my mvp on my first playthrough, yet to try him competitively but I plan on it soon
>>
Great when you can play to its ability strength and all its powerful priority

But shit when you cant
>>
Ability is bad but unlike defeatist you can make plays around it.
>>
Currently breeding him cause id like to try and test some shit.

If you can get a handle on his ability youre golden.
>>
>>30772190
You have to play with his ability. If you try to play him as a standard bulky mon with a great priority move, he'll be bad.
>>
It's ability is incredibly important, and should be built around and practised with. Don't use it as a lead and never give your opponent a free emergency exit
Does a great job cleaning shit up the later the match goes
>>
>>30772190
it would be 100% great if it's not for those meddling magic pebbles
>>
>>30772429
how exactly do you build it?
>>
>>30772334
This. That's what causes the divide over Golisopod's usefulness. It would largely be flatout better with largely any other not shit ability, even the ones that aren't so great. Even First Impression shenanigans aren't worth it if it had a choice. But unlike other hindering abilities, such as Defeatist, Slow Start, etc., Golisopod's hindering ability can be accounted for on your end beyond merely putting up with it.

It'll never be a staple of high level play because that focuses on high reliability, while Golisopod needs to be situationally micromanaged a great deal.

>>30772456
Anon seems to be talking about Team Build, but move choice matters too. Priority beyond First Impression is important to avoid free emergency exits for the enemy. Also important to remember is set up is probably a lost cause.

As for Teams, you need to be able to answer the faster priority users in some way, as well as deal with bringing Golisopod back out when it does get Exited out. I've seen Alola Persian with Z-Parting Shot and Tapu Bulu floated around as good Team Mates. Ground-types too. Keep an eye on the Smogon thread as people refine how it works in the Meta.
>>
Emergency Exit would be good if it activated AFTER both players had made their move, not the second you get hit.

That, and being weak to Shit Rocks, are its biggest weaknesses.
>>
>>30772190
It will be at least UU, at most OU. It's ability sucks but it has 3 strong priority moves, two of them are stab. It will be a god teir revenge killer, possibly even a weaker version of ORAS brabe birb.
>>
>>30774227
>at most OU
You say that like that's a limit. Only the most broken shit gets banned to Ubers. OU is as high as most things can hope for.

That said, this Gen's OU is a total shit show. I don't see it doing well there commonly.
>>
>>30774212
Except as it currently is, it prevents the enemies from switching out with moves like U-turn. It's one of those quirky situational things that EE has that makes it so hard to pin down as truly bad.
>>
>>30774255

Yeah, this gen's OU is like Ubers Lite and UU has all but become Gen5 OU. I'm sticking to Randoms until they sort this shit out, probably a couple months post-Bank.
>>
>>30774227
>It will be at least UU
The way UU's looking right now, he could even settle at RU. Which I'd have no problem with.
>>
>>30772190
Archeops 2.0
Hits hard but fucked by the ability
>>
>>30772313
Not at all, the ability is great.
>>
>>30772190
Good in battle tree where people are too stupid to abuse the ability, bad against good people.
>>
>>30772190
Its ability wouldn't even be that bad if it wasn't weak to sneaky pebbles
>>
>>30772190
Good on my playtrough, bad online, araquanid is superior, and
>le you don't know how to exploy its ability
is a bad meme and only work on rare situations or if its your last mon
>>
People saying the ability is bad are complete retards. It allows you to get switch advantage without necessarily sacking your Pokemon in the process, like any other slow turner, except he's not limited to U-Turn. He has 3 priority options that usually guarantee he gets a hit in.
The problem is that his primary attacking options are all walled by the current meta of Tapus, UBs, Toxapex, Lando-T, and other Steel types. If First Impression was a Water type move, he'd be much more useful.
>>
>>30772190
shit in comp.

Amazingly fun in battle tree/story, the AI can't deal with Emergency Exit at all.
>>
This thing is tricky. I wouldn't call it "great", but if you can play around with the ability/priority and it has a good matchup, it can be really really good. Then theres times where it does nothing but stall momentum and ends up being a sacrifice
>>
>>30775174
He means competitively not in game. Usually when you see a thread like this people are talking in terms of competitive
>>
>>30772190
Normal game-wise, it's pretty high tier. Good stats, decent moves, and the ability can be abused to work in your favour.
Competitively, the ability completely neuters it.
>>
>>30772190
If the ability proc'd at the end of the turn it goes under instead of just being Wimp Out with new text, it'd jump like 10-15% in rating.
Right now, it's basically a gimmick.
>>
>>30772190
What's a good ability and moveset but this guy ingame?
>>
File: IMG_2570.png (279KB, 482x642px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2570.png
279KB, 482x642px
I was laddering with a monobug. It's a good choice band user because you can usually get a move off, get hit, then switch since it gets the best priority moves in the game and liquidation can be a good 4th move. It's hard to switch into first impression when handed.
>>
>>30772190
It's got really bad coverage imo. Celesteela and Toxapex wall the fuck out of it.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.