[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Nintendo require you to sync your game up just to participate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Fail.jpg (61KB, 1260x287px) Image search: [Google]
Fail.jpg
61KB, 1260x287px
Why did Nintendo require you to sync your game up just to participate in the event in the first place? If that wasn't a requirement, we most likely would've met our goal.
>>
Gamefreak still doesn't quite understand how to properly refine online features I guess
They had it for awhile but it's so much worse this game lmao
>>
>>30768179
It's sad because I really wanted to participate, but then once I realized what you had to do to get everything set up I wasn't even going to bother. If you could participate without any gimmicks attached I'm sure the numbers would've been much higher.
>>
>>30768233
On top of that its just such an absurdly high number of Pokemon to catch collectively
>>
Shut the fuck up. I caught 2500 alone. Yall just lazy.
>>
>>30768413
It's probably not even laziness, they didn't really do a good job of letting players know that a global event was actually happening.
>>
>>30768436
They mentioned it every time you tried to connect to the internet, though.
>>
>>30768413
I got 200 before I got so burned out I actually dropped the game altogether for a week
>>
>>30768464
I did that maybe twice
>>
>>30768464
They needed to present the notification better. Whenever I connected to the GTS I just wanted to connect to the GTS, and having all those menus is completely aggravating.
>>
>>30768464
>>30768489

I signed in 4 fucking times and i didn't see anything about the global event or even knew what the hell it was until like 3 days ago when i watched a youtube video explaining it and i went through the retarded task of setting it up.

Changing the online was like going from a 1080p HD movie to a 360p SD phone video because "it's got a smaller file size so it's better!"
>>
>>30768546
Oh. I'll agree with that, certainly. And getting set up to join it was way too many hoops to jump through for something this simple.
>>
>>30768604
This. Plenty of people didn't know what the global mission was and that you had to talk to a NPC and agree to participate. A friend and I were about halfway through the event period before we even realized that part, and only found out about it because of vp. Plenty more didn't know about having to sign up with PGL or using game sync. I'd assume that tons don't even know about festival plaza. Nintendo just has a history of poorly explaining things and expecting people to know.
>>
>>30768233
be glad you didn't set up game synch. every single time I try connecting online now it takes way too long to even TRY doing game synch. It tries synching up every time, even if not enough time has passed.
>>
>>30768110
I can't help but feel that whoever made that requirement wasn't provided with any figures on how many people actually signed up for the Global Link last gen.
>>
>>30768974
>you had to talk to a NPC and agree to participate.
What the fuck, I thought doing the game sync was all you had to do
>>
>>30769055
At least you get some easy FC just for signing up so it's not all that bad. Although it is indeed tiring to wait that long to get online. Why not have an option to just cancel the sync?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.