[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or is ev training really shit this gen? Its harder

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: 1481106524489.jpg (20KB, 389x366px) Image search: [Google]
1481106524489.jpg
20KB, 389x366px
Is it just me or is ev training really shit this gen? Its harder to get power items and its slow as fuck to ev train without them and you can't rely on catching pokerus
>>
Diaper beam lol
>>
It's just you because once you have the EV training items it takes 10 minutes to fully train a pokemon, even without pokerus
>>
>>30750767
lol
>>
/vp/ is really full of retards.

Fuckin pelago. Do you even play the fuckin game?
>>
>>30750762
Its a measly 16 BP. You can get 5 BP if you win in a BR, and up to 3 if you lose. It shouldn't even take 15 minutes. Jfc these casuals
>>
>what is poke pelago
you can train up to 18 pokemon at a time there, choose whatever spread you want
>>
>>30750762
It's just you
>>
>>30750762
Yeah m8, the grind really sucks.
But once you get the power items it's very fast to ev train.
I pretty much hate these iterations of pokemon, but I'm actually pretty pleased with the ev training mechanics.
It just bullshit the hoops you have to jump through to get them.

Also battle royal a laggy shit.
>>
>>30750797
Basically this
>>
>>30750762
>Pokepelago gives 4 EV per 15 minutes at Lv3.
>Feed 10 medicine, set it in the island, lay pokebeans before bed
>Wake up with stat maxed
Not to mention, once you get the fucking items, it takes 14 pokemon (7 with pokerus) in a S.O.S. chain to max from 0.
>>
>>30750767
lol
>>
I thought it would've been suffering, but honestly I don't mind the EV training in this game. Hordes were pretty good, but sometimes that particular horde just refuses to show up, or it's raining in the area. With SOS once you find that one Pokemon you're set, and as long as you target the weakest EV-providers they're going to repeatedly call for backup anyway.

The EV training items have always been a chore to get, but you're going to want to unlock Super Singles in Battle Tree anyway so a few rounds and failures in Singles with your in-game team will eventually get you enough BP anyway as you try to unlock Super Singles.
>>
>>30750774
>post literally saying its a slog to get the power items
>"heh its easy with the power items kiddo"

>>30750786
>>30750809
How long does it take?
>>
>>30750858

This

Anyone complaining that EV training is hard doesn't actually know the tricks for this gen.

That being said I inject anyway because fuck breeding
>>
I miss Blissey bases
>>
>>30750902
To be fair being able to ev train while you sleep isn't really a trick, it takes like 8 hours still.
>>
>Put appropriate bracelet on
>Turn on XP share
>Get your Smeargle ready
>SOS battle
>Proceed to slay in seconds
>Max in a stat in like 10 minutes

no it's easy
>>
>>30750971
Enlighten me since I just got to post game. What's Smeargle for? Moves to ensure the SOS doesn't end?
>>
>>30750971
>put the power item on

Read the fucking post
>>
>>30750891
Pelago isn't a "I need it now" option. It takes like 12 hours with beans to max a stat. It's really nice for training a ton of pokemon at once though or doing shit over night. Currently have a Drampa in there I bred yesterday and it's almost done.

>>30750762
Ev training was always shit without pokerus and the power items. I know I know,
>super training
It was annoying after the first few.
>>
>>30750971
The smeargle just for false swipe + whatever else utility moves you want.
Spore, soak, etc.
Scrappy Pancham doeso the trick also.
Anything with false swipe will do in a pinch
>>
>>30751127
False swipe, recover, refresh, attacking move

Attach lepa

Infinite chains
>>
>>30751034
they're no harder to get than last gen and give twice the amount of extra evs now you fucking tool
>>
>>30751235
>i'll get overly aggressive because i'm an add moron and it was pointed out

They battle tree is much harder than equivalents in other gens and ev training outside of it is harder than it was in the previous gen.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.