[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>played through Sun the weekend it came out >thought it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: hapu with gun.png (121KB, 253x228px) Image search: [Google]
hapu with gun.png
121KB, 253x228px
>played through Sun the weekend it came out
>thought it was pretty good, an improvement over XY for sure but not really anything amazing
>start a second playthrough with the exp share off, battle style set, no healing items; see if the challenge makes it more fun
>for a few days I enjoy it but I find myself wanting to play it less and less each day
>now I'm at Po Town again
>haven't played in like five days, and have no real desire to
>tfw

I'm not even trying to dis the game, my first playthrough was really fun, but I just don't think it's gonna have the staying power of previous gens.

Does anyone else feel like this?
>>
>>30749676
too many cutscenes, I could never restart my game.
>>
>replaying a story-heavy game just a month later and not enjoying it
Wow!
>>
That's because you're playing it again immediately, dumbass. You should have played with the "cool kids rules" in your first playthrough, like i did.
>>
I restarted twice since I hated my two original teams and it's definitely a slog getting through that first part again. Playing through back to back is never as fun though, it's probably better to play a different pokemon game or just a different game in general
>>
>>30749676
Why did you rush through the game, OP? You ruined the experience for yourself. I beat the E4 just yesterday, playing only a few hours a day and keeping the exp share off.

A Pokémon game (or any RPG) isn't meant to be rushed. You explore the areas, capture a few Pokémon and try them out, consider your strategies, etc. Don't just try to advance the plot asap.

You did this to yourself. Maybe next generation you'll remember that plowing through trainers with Pokémon 5-10 levels higher is boring.
>>
>>30749676
It's also because you beat Sun in one weekend. It took my 85 hours over a few weeks.
>>
well duh it's a plot heavy game, it's natural you don't feel like replaying it only a few days after completing
>>
>>30749774
thing is, sun and moon doesn't let you explore because of story reason.

so your argument is invaild.
>>
i spent 160 hours just finishing the e4 and a living dex of the new pokemon, and dex entries for the rest & th shiny charm... blazing thru it in 85 hours then restarting sounds boring af
>>
>>30749906
I didn't like how you're often blocked by some shitty Stoutland or whatever, but when I say 'explore' I mean it in the typical JRPG way: Talk to people. Get into random encounters, see what's in the grass rather than using repels. Try to catch everything you can before moving on.

S/M could've been more open, but JRPGs are very linear most of the time, it's a flaw in the genre (although it shouldn't be).
>>
>>30749906
Yeah it does. Quit making excuses. It guides you where to go next but by no means are you forced to jump from one objective to the next without looking around.
>>
>>30749676
Battle Tree is actually really fun.
>>
>>30750025
There is never that much to look for outside Ula Ula Island

>>30749676
I actually really expect people's opinions to change in the coming year once restarts, breeding and playing postgame sets in
>>
>>30749774
>tfw i enjoy rushing rpgs because i hate the playstyle but enjoy the story
>everyone complains bout how easier to beat the games are now and i am legitimately happy about this
I wouldn't replay it, the plot was shit imo. XY and ORAS were more fun plotwise.
>>
>>30749676
Thats why I'm playing my second play through baked lol
>>
>>30750193
haha dude weed lmao
>>
>>30750189
ORAS maybe but XYs plot was shit. Unless you mean pacing
>>
>>30750428
SM had better pacing than XY.
>>
>>30750189
>XY
>Plot
>>
>>30749676
Why didn't you do all those things on the first playthrough?
Personally I made it a rule to keep battle style set, keep exp share on but switch out any pokemon that gets two levels above trainer pokemon level, and not use items during battles. It resulted in some seriously fun and challenging battles.
>>
>>30749699
>>30749742
>>30749708
>>30749885

back when ORAS came out I played through those at least five or six times in the first month they came out. that's what I mean by "not as much staying power", all the previous pokemon games (except XY) have made me enjoy playing over and over for weeks or months.

>>30749774

I didn't rush, I explored as much as could, tried to find every item, talk to every NPC, and I still finished the game in 22 hours. There's not really a lot of exploration to be done, they are probably the most linear games besides the original Black/White.

>>30750567

I just wanted to have an easy experience on my first playthrough, plus everyone said that it was more challenging than XY. I guess I just wanted to get a feel for the game first. but even on my second playthrough with all these self-imposed restrictions, I think I have only lost three or four battles.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.